shape
carat
color
clarity

You Can Call Me "Reeyonce"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
What good is the box? Once you get the ring...throw it away and no one will know
18.gif

I went to that engagement ring direct site. It seems like pretty good deals, if you live in the US. Once you figure in exchange and shipping for myself however it ain''t cheap. I wish I knew of some canadian wholesale places. I am set on a bigger diamond (about 1+ carats) and I don''t want to upgrade. Maybe we should look into buying wholesale a good diamond and skimping on the band until I can get the one I want made.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful girl, beautiful ring, beautiful life
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 4:17:17 PM
Author: solange
It says volumes about what can be done if you spend your money carefully and do a lot of research.
thank you, everyone. i continue to be amazed by how kind all of you are. i really appreciate that.
emlove.gif

and solange, thanks, this is really the point i was trying to get across before--i''m just not sure that i did it very effectively!
1.gif

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Reena for making the start to my day enjoyable with pics of your ring. Congratulations! Your ring is stunning! You could probably send SOS signals with that in the sun. I hope you have a happy and healthy life together.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

(me being speechless!!)

congrats reena! i loved the proposal! my best wishes for you and your honey!!

soulsis- i feel you! My FI and I are both poor grad students, and my ering isn''t half as nice/huge as most of the rings on here, but I still love it because he gave it to me!!!! I can''t even dream of spending more than 20k on a rock - (not even 10k, now that i think of it) it''s just not possible for us, but it makes me sublimely happy to see all the gorgeous stuff on pricescope anyway.... so I can live vicariously thru all the rest of you!!!!! (And know that such amazing rings do exist and are owned by real live people that are wonderful!)

(Plus, I am also counting on the fact that my FI promised the ering would ''be the first of a collection'' of jewelry from him.... and that we won''t be poor grad students forever!!!!)

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Reena:

By the way...except for the diamond shape, it is the exact type of ring I would like. Accents and bling and that whole art-deco-antique thing going on. I do love it.

Congrats on your engagement! I am sure you are totally enjoying the new status. What a nice proposal story - memories for a life time. And that ring, man oh man, that is really really nice. Very unique, classy, and it totally has the "wow" factor from across the room.

We are awaiting our ring any day now and I am dying with anticipation. Have been wearing a cz and can''t wait to get the gorgeous ring Brian at Whiteflash designed. We landed up not doing the Ritani. Todd will of course post pics when we get it.

Now Reena, watcha going to wear for a wedding band? I am semi confused about that. So many of us PS''s have such incredibly rad looking e-rings, it seems almost like a band might detract from it.

Is your wrist sore yet from putting your hand out to look at the ring?

Cheers,

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
reena

WOW !!! congrats what a beautiful ring.
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
...you are one lucky girl.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement!!!
Your ring is beautiful!!! I am so happy that you got exactly what you wanted!!!!
Now, time for the matching wedding band!
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 6
6.gif
6.gif
5 PM
Author: Alice in DiamondLand
Congrats on your engagement! I am sure you are totally enjoying the new status. What a nice proposal story - memories for a life time. And that ring, man oh man, that is really really nice. Very unique, classy, and it totally has the ''wow'' factor from across the room.

We are awaiting our ring any day now and I am dying with anticipation. Have been wearing a cz and can''t wait to get the gorgeous ring Brian at Whiteflash designed. We landed up not doing the Ritani. Todd will of course post pics when we get it.

Now Reena, watcha going to wear for a wedding band? I am semi confused about that. So many of us PS''s have such incredibly rad looking e-rings, it seems almost like a band might detract from it.

Is your wrist sore yet from putting your hand out to look at the ring?

Cheers,
thanks all!

alice, i have been dying to see your finished ring!!! when do you expect to receive it? i bet you miss your beautiful stone . . . i don''t know how you managed to part with it. be sure to post pictures!!!

as for a W band: i''m not sure it would even be possible to wear a band next to my ring . . . it''s tough to tell from the photos, but it is set pretty darn low (i love that! haven''t banged it or caught it on anything yet . . .) and so i think the band would gap terribly. plus, i love the detailing on the side too much to cover it up. oh, and leon pretty much threatened my life if i put a diamond band next to it, because he''s concerned that the diamonds rubbing on diamonds will put a lot of wear and tear the setting. he did say that a plain platinum band would be fine with it. (i said, uh leon, have we met?
2.gif
)

so i think the solution is to find a really cool wedding band to wear on my right ring finger. (i know, it''s not traditional--but what the heck, neither is my e-ring, really, and neither am i.) i''m toying with the idea of 1) a nice shared prong RB eternity band, 2) two nice shared prong RB eternity bands (each half the size of option 1) to stack, or (3) a wider band with some sort of antique-looking design. luckily, i probably have over a year to decide on (and save up for) that!

reena

Ideal_Rock
just for Ss and Gs, here''s an example of the kind of antique band that i think might look nice as a RHWB . . . .

from estatediamondjewelry.com

theband.JPG

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
So romantic!! What a beautiful proposal story. And that ring...! Totally gorgeous. I agree with everything that has been said here, it''s a classic!! I just worry that it might be so HEWAGE that it will throw your back out, if you have to walk leaning to one side all of the time!!!
2.gif
It''s absolutely breathtaking, and I''m so happy for both of you. Best of luck!

emsmile.gif
We will have it by the latest Friday. We''ve seen pictures and it''s rad! And yes, we''ll post pictures.

I too am considering wearing a band on my right hand. I''m Greek and actually Greek folks traditionally wear it on their right hand as do other Europeans. I think the right hand is cool. I''ve also thought it would be nice to have our symbolic rings always between us, no matter which hand we hold of eachother (i know that''s semi corny, but it makes me smile).

At one time I was considering the Steve Kretchmer style rings, specifically the planets and suns one, but now, who knows. WF is doing up a ring in the same pave style that matches the e-ring. We''ll see if we go for it or not.

Todd and I were just talking last night about what a lovely community Pricescope is. It''s fun to go on and on with you folks about this stuff as my friends and co-workers don''t understand it to the extent i know many of you do.

emrose.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 7:13
6.gif
2 PM
Author: theinquisitor
I just worry that it might be so HEWAGE that it will throw your back out, if you have to walk leaning to one side all of the time!!!
2.gif

Well that''s why she has to get an equally huge wedding ring for the right hand
11.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Reena,
I love that antique wedding band! I think the right hand wedding band is a really unique idea.

I''m just soooo excited for all of you who are getting engaged and planning weddings!! It''s really one of the best times in life, or it was for me
9.gif
Enjoy every minute of it!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Many congratulations to you.
36.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza!

That is one stupendously beyootiful ring, girly girl.
30.gif

And good looking couple too!
28.gif

I was in a training meeting all day, and had to drive back to the office just so I could get a glimpse of Reena''s ring....

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.gif
36.gif
36.gif
1.gif

You two make a lovely couple.

Here''s to many years of happiness for you both!

Heather

memsy

Rough_Rock
Reena- it''s incredible!!! It looks HUGE! Wear it in good health and much happiness to you and your fiance for many, many years!!

Worth the wait, huh??

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I just logged back on to see that amazing ring again...not only did I get to see the ring......

BUT MEMSY- BBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW. That AVATAR!!!!
I have been home sick with stomach issues and I nearly busted my gutt looking at that avatar.
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen. You clearly have an appreciation for the finer moments of comedy.
I just have one thing to say...I NEED MORE COW BELL!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Memsy and moremoremore.....yes, I totally concur!!! You can never have too much Ferrell and cow-bell!! Between the jaw-dopping pics of Reena''s ring and Memsy''s giggle-fit-inducing avatar, I
emlove.gif
this thread!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I too popped in to take another look at Reena''s fantabulous ring and just noticed Memsy''s hilarious avatar. That is one of my favorite Will Ferrel moments. hee hee heeeeee!!!

I heart pricescope!!!!

memsy

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys. MMM- i hope i didn''t hurt you!!

I can''t really take the credit. I found that pic on craigslist somewhere and i had to save it. (And Craigslist is how i found this board, by the way). The fact that it is animated is just beyond ridiculous.

Glad to pass on a giggle or two! Your responses all made me laugh out loud.

But back to the important stuff here- Reena''s Rock.. i came back on just to see it one more time before bed. Reena, how are you going to get ANY work done- are you just totally staring at it the whole time??

icekid

Ideal_Rock
umm, WOW. i am brand new here; my boyfriend and i just started ring shopping and i started looking on the internet and stumbled across this wonderful site. but reena, your ring is AMAZING! seriously, i made my boyfriend come and look at it.... lucky girl! enjoy your ring and your new engagement!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Reena,
Completely beautiful and, I''m sure, well worth the wait. Congratulations to you!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Reena - that ring would make a loverly wedding band! I love that weaved design it has! Not only adds to the elegance, but makes me think of how marriage (esp. exchanging rings) is the official/final step in intertwining your lives together. And i say dont worry too much about wearing it on your right hand... tell anyone that asks you are European! Or the obvious answer that you had to balance out the weight from the e-ring!

Alice - I never knew that most Europeans wore wedding bands on the right hand! What a cool fact!

30.gif
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!
30.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I am so happy for you....the ring is just, jaw dropping gawgeous!

I like the idea of a shared prong eternity band on your right hand. I think it would look really elegant.

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
Normally a lurker, but had to step in and say.....absolutely drop dead gorgeous!!!
30.gif

Congratulations on your engagement
26.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
MMM - did you say you need more cowbell??
9.gif
have you heard the "more cowbell" song? just hysterical!!
36.gif
More Cowbell by Ric Perrott

Memsy- luv the avatar!
2.gif

Carmel

Shiny_Rock

Nyyyaaa ~ That’s nothin’

What’s the big deal? Can’t you find the same kind of ring in a box of Cracker Jacks?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results