shape
carat
color
clarity

You Can Call Me "Reeyonce"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
FINALLY . . .

I am back from my fabulous 2 week vacation with my honey and at last can post the details of our engagement and some long-promised ring pics! Thanks to everyone here who made the process of finding (and now sharing!) the ring so much fun.
1.gif

Unfortunately you guys are going to have to suffer through the proposal details before you get ring pics . . .

So my honey and I took off for a 2 week vacation the morning of October 30 (a Saturday). The plan was to fly out to California for a relaxing week, and then spend the next week visiting our respective families in upstate NY and in Chicago. Now as many of you know, I had a hand in picking out my stone and setting, but my involvement stopped about two and a half months ago when I left my stone with Leon Mege to be set. I had no idea how long the ring would take to complete, so since that time I had been waiting on pins and needles for the proposal.

When we landed in San Diego, the plan (or so I thought) was to head to the W in downtown San Diego. Luckily for my honey, I am completely directionally moronic, so somehow it took me about 20 minutes to notice that he was acutally driving north up the coast, instead of south to downtown San Diego (and the W) as planned. When I pointed this out, he told me that he was taking me to a surprise destination for a romantic evening. (Cool!) We ended up driving to a breathtakingly beautiful resort on a cliff overlooking the ocean in Laguna Beach, which is about an hour north of San Diego. (The resort is called the Montage, and if anyone is ever in the area for a special occassion, I highly recommend it. It was unbelievably beautiful and romantic.) We checked into an amazing suite with two terraces overlooking the ocean, and spent the afternoon checking out the resort, having lunch outside, and walking up and down the beach. Later, we got ready for dinner, had a few drinks at the bar (which i think my FI may have needed to calm his nerves . . .) and then headed out to watch the sunset. We were sitting on a bench on the edge of a cliff overlooking the water when he asked me.
1.gif
My whole family (and his) was in the know, and my FI had snuck my cell phone in his jacket pocket, so we called everyone to tell them the news right then and there. Then we headed back to the resort for some (OK, many!) celebratory drinks and an amazing dinner at the hotel restaurant. It was just perfect.
1.gif

OK enough blathering: here are some photos of us at the resort. (I know--nobody cares. But they''re pretty and I wanted to post them anyway.
2.gif
) I tried to put a bunch of photos in one big collage to avoid posting a million times, but it wouldn''t let me upload it that way so I had to break them up. So bear with me.

TheMontage1.JPG

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful place for a proposal!! You are SO tiny! Congrats on your engagement! I wish you a happy life together!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahah directionally moronic.

Chop chop. Photos. We can hear the story later ;-)

Im so giddy. My Fiance is also on the edge of my seat.

reena

Ideal_Rock
lol--sorry ame. more:

TheMontage2b.JPG

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I have to go to bed....I''m old and tired.....POST THAT ROCK.....NOW....LOL

This is a cruel form of torture missy!
9.gif

By the way, beautiful proposal story, pics, yada...yada...yada....GET ON WITH THE PICS OF THE ROCK
30.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
OKAY--last non-ring pics. Then I can ASSURE you I will post more pictures of my ring than you could ever possibly be interested in seeing. I sort of got carried away with the picture taking. (I burned through the rechargable battery and two other sets. Oh well--the carbon monoxide detector and the smoke detector didn''t really need to be working tonight anyway.)

TheMontage3.JPG

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously, that view is breathtaking. So much prettier than a Casa Gallardo restaurant.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I keep "refreshing" the page...like a fool! You''d think I was checking on an auction on EBAY....LMAO

REEEEENAAAAAA.....JUST DO IT!!!!

"waiting....and....waiting...." "must see sparkly".....

SLH

Shiny_Rock
Reena,

Sweetheart the scenery pictures a nice, but if you don''t post pictures of your ring I am going to reach through my computer and choke you!!
37.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
lol libster, i am doing the same thing, love that refresh!
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
Okay: The ring.

The specs on the center stone (from mark at engagementringsdirect) are:

2.07 carat cushion brilliant
G VS2
8.09 x 7.34 x 4.88
66.5 d
63 t
Tn/med faceted girdle
No cul, No flr
Ex polish
VG symmetry

The setting was custom-made by Leon Mege at artofplatinum.com. It is platinum with 1.6 carats of small pave-set stones. My ring size is 4.25.
1.gif

I really hope that you guys like it--I just adore it. It may not be everyone''s taste, but it is definitely my dream ring.
30.gif
1.gif
9.gif
I''m so thrilled to have it (and to be engaged to my sweetie).

E-ringMania1.JPG

Reactions: Ann

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Yee-haw!!!!! Thanks Reena! It looks gorgeous on you!!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY WORD!!! it is gorgeous and SOOOOO huge on your hand!!!

SLH

Shiny_Rock
HOLY SMOKE
3.gif
I absolutely love it. Keep posting pictures, you have a lot to make up for.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH REENA! It''s GORGEOUS! It looks SO big on your hand!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
..........................thud.........you are freaking tiny on every part of your body! that ring is absolutely stunning, and looks enormous on your finger...reena, the setting is breathtaking, this was definitely worth waiting for
1.gif
a big congrats to you both
36.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
In the immortal words of JANICE FROM FRIENDS...
OH MY GAWD!
TOTALLY GORGEOUS!
LIKE, SO BIG IT''s WEIGHING DOWN YOUR HAND!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. . .Congratulations!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Reena,
Stunning.....just stunning. It is truly a work of art! I am at a loss for words.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Please keep posting those pics as I go wipe the drool from my chin!

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Again, congrats on your engagement. Enjoy this time of your life!!!

More Pics Please
36.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

OMG!

1) Your pics of Cali are gorgeous and your fiancee''s proposal was very very sweet.

The ring. The ring is effing BEAUTIFUL!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Just stunning. It''s more beautiful than I ever imagined. I knew it would be great but WOW!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
P.S. Congratulations to you and your honey!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...Yes, the little b*tch IS tiny everywhere!!! LOL
OMG- it is AMAZING. STUNNING. OUT OF THIS WORLD.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Exactly how I pictured it. I''m in love. Really.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And BTW, it looks GIGANTIC on your finger. B*tch. :)

p.s. I am so hurtin today...home sick...that I skipped the proposal story. HA. Went straight to the eye candy! :) But I''m sure it was a beautiful proposal!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
REENA! That ring is breathtaking! I absolutely love it. Boyfriend does too! The profile of the setting and the stone are just stunning.

Congrats again on the engagement, and post more!

reena

Ideal_Rock
thanks so much guys. i''m so happy that you like it.

i''m a little embarrassed now because i took so many freakin pictures . . . it was better when they were all in 3 big collages, but it won''t let me upload them that way so i''m going to have to post a bunch of smaller groups. i feel like posting them since it took me forever to take them, but feel free to tune out/think i''m crazy!
2.gif
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, I think Leon switched your 2 carat for a 5 carat. Is that Niki Hilton''s e-ring or what?

allicat

Rough_Rock
Reena,
That has to be the most beautiful ring I have ever seen!
36.gif

Congratulations on the engagement!

reena

Ideal_Rock

E-ring Mania 2a2.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh!

reena, that thing looks like it was taken off an exotic movie set, in which some white knight sought after
ancient treasure and plucked this piece from a treasure chest hidden deep within a mountain, guarded by a
wicked dragon....and after slaying the dragon, the knight put it on the hand of the princess and they lived
happily ever after.
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It's so stunning, that's all I can say.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock

E-Ring Mania 2c.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results