shape
carat
color
clarity

You Can Call Me "Reeyonce"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaya

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring reena! wear it in good health. Have you gotten used to the weight on your left hand yet?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 8:33:17 AM
Author: sevens one

Date: 11/16/2004 8:27:53 AM
Author: abradabra
I agree! I definitely want to go... I would gladly go to New York for the weekend to see all this beautiful bling!!!!
You and I could carpool! (and anyone else in the DC/Metro area)
I can drive! Ive got a big car! And a bit of a lead foot too!
2.gif

Reena! Your ring is amazing and blinding and everything else everyone has already said!!! That thing is HUGE and looks so much bigger than you say! You could do arm curls with that on your finger. And GG stole my idea! I was going to quote you too... so here is to a second "HFS!! What a little frickin squishnugget!!!"

Congratulations to you and your FI!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Reeyonce.... a) love the name. I got it right away.
3.gif
b) it is a frickin'' unbelivable ring! It really is just stunning, and so everything you have talked about wanting! Wear it in good health and spirits and try not to blind people with it okay?

PS. are you gonna get married in Rochester? If yes, I might have some information/ideas for you since I am T-7 months from the big day up there. PM if you want some assistance/ideas.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Reena- I got choked up when I saw your ring. It turned out even prettier than we all had thought it would. I know how long you have waited for this and girlie...you deserve it!

I have chills....

Congrats again!

-Sarah

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Chiming in now--your ring is hauntingly beautiful (image etched in my rods and cones). Looks so very well on your delicate hand. Congrats to you both!
emrainbow.gif
!

cheers--Sharon

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 9:49:48 AM
Author: njc

I agree! I definitely want to go... I would gladly go to New York for the weekend to see all this beautiful bling!!!!
2.gif

Reena! Your ring is amazing and blinding and everything else everyone has already said!!! That thing is HUGE and looks so much bigger than you say! You could do arm curls with that on your finger. And GG stole my idea! I was going to quote you too... so here is to a second ''HFS!! What a little frickin squishnugget!!!''

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I get to ride in the front seat!!!
emotion-5.gif

bling_aficionado

Rough_Rock
Reena,

Your ring is absolutely AWESOME! Fantastic stone, and beautifully intricate setting. I'm so happy for you and your sweetie, you both did a great job in picking up the perfect ring.
36.gif

Now, now...as I'm one of those who lives vicariously through you and your gorgeous ring (just until it's time for me to upgrade
2.gif
) I'd like to be on that excursion to NYC to see this beauty. Only I'm from the bay area so it's gonna be one heck of a trip, of course all worth it if only to personally lay eyes on that excursion-worthy shiny!
35.gif

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
Reena, sorry I''m behind but I just saw this. I have to say...

OH MY GOSH THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!!!

I can see why that is your dream ring! That is SOO awesome! The stone is beautiful, the setting is incredible, and the drool is clogging up my keyboard!

I hope you have many happy years together staring at that ring. :)

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 10:16
6.gif
2 AM

Date: 11/16/2004 9:49:48 AM
Author: njc

2.gif

Reena! Your ring is amazing and blinding and everything else everyone has already said!!! That thing is HUGE and looks so much bigger than you say! You could do arm curls with that on your finger. And GG stole my idea! I was going to quote you too... so here is to a second ''HFS!! What a little frickin squishnugget!!!''

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I get to ride in the front seat!!!
emotion-5.gif
Oooo ooo ooo! Can have the trunk? Or even better--can I be strapped to the roof?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
30.gif
10.gif
23.gif
30.gif
10.gif
23.gif
30.gif
10.gif
23.gif
30.gif
10.gif
23.gif
30.gif
10.gif

OMG Reena!!! Congratulations! It''s amazing!!! Your fiance did a wonderful job surprising you and choosing such a beautiful setting for your special moment!!! Your ring is absolutely stunning!!! I either need a cigarette or a nap!

Sorry MMM, but I think Reena''s cushion made the right choice to leave Wali and LingLing and begin her affair with Leon!! Simply amazing!!! Any chances for a Leon-WaWa love-child??
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondgirl777

Rough_Rock
wow reena!!!! your ring is really spectacular. wear it in good health and congratulations!!!!!
emotion-19.gif

Poker face

Rough_Rock
What''s left to say??? It''s just freakin'' gorgeous!!!

suzannecallison

Rough_Rock
WOW! It''s gorgeous!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

I am soooooo jealous!

Suzanne

Croí

Shiny_Rock
emsmiled.gif

you need serious shades to look at this baby !!!! it''s stunning and everything else sounds amazing aswell.

congrats to you both Reena - lots of happiness to the pair of you !

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Reeyonce....in Destiny''s Child speak, all I can say is...."girl, I didn''t know you could get down like that!"
Good Grief!!! I have been silently following too. It is just gorgeous!!!
36.gif

Temporarily changing my name from luvmysparklies to luvYOURsparklies! Congratulations!
Luv

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 11:36:10 AM

Oooo ooo ooo! Can have the trunk? Or even better--can I be strapped to the roof?
Lucky for you the trunk is just as spacious as the inside! Im pretty sure the mob uses my model car for transporting bodies...
23.gif

OH! I forgot about all the cushion love children! Yeah... WaWa hasnt made out too bad on her own
10.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 8:56:58 AM
Oh yeah, Delaware, New Jersey......Whoa Whoooooo
If we're going on a road trip I will certainly have to swing by DE
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I have to visit my mom mom!

Gosh that ring is so beautiful. I absolutely love that setting! I wish you many many years of staring into it
5.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Reena - it's so incredibly gawgeous!!
30.gif
I hope it's everything you dreamed it would be
9.gif
Congratulations on your engagement
36.gif
Wear the *pretty* in happiness!

PS, thanks for sharing the photos/details - it sounds like an amazing proposal - Congrats again!
35.gif

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to you and your engagement Reena! I am a new lurker here and your ring is just unbelievable.
One thing that I must point out about this site I have noticed. I think that maybe it''s just me and I have to stop coming here. I am blown away by the rings that some of you ladies have. Blown away as in I can''t imagine how your husbands pay for these. I don''t mean to direct this at you Reena at all. It''s so depressing for me. Maybe it''s the "American Way" or something. I showed your ring to the ladies I work with and they didn''t believe me when I told them it was real. We''ve never seen anything like these. I thought I was spoiled with my matching set of .50 earrings. That stuff is like pocket change here. Wow. Kudos to all of you that are fortunate to have these beautiful pieces.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 1:36:25 PM
Author: soulsis
Congrats to you and your engagement Reena! I am a new lurker here and your ring is just unbelievable.
One thing that I must point out about this site I have noticed. I think that maybe it''s just me and I have to stop coming here. I am blown away by the rings that some of you ladies have. Blown away as in I can''t imagine how your husbands pay for these. I don''t mean to direct this at you Reena at all. It''s so depressing for me. Maybe it''s the ''American Way'' or something. I showed your ring to the ladies I work with and they didn''t believe me when I told them it was real. We''ve never seen anything like these. I thought I was spoiled with my matching set of .50 earrings. That stuff is like pocket change here. Wow. Kudos to all of you that are fortunate to have these beautiful pieces.
Hey Soulsis,
Welcome to PS
9.gif

I''m like you, completely blown away by the bling on this site!!! Especially the 3 Rock Stars...hehehehe.....JFLO....MoreMoreMore...and now Reeyonce! I need to KNOW the secret to getting my hubby to spoil me with large diamonds
31.gif

I shouldn''t complain, he spoils me in every other way and I love him more than life!! But, really....seriously....what is the secret to convincing the other half to adorn us with amazing bling?! Hmmmmmm I should start a new thread..........

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
You''re right. I am 33 years old and have no debt other than a morgage which is equity. I own a new car too. I would never be able to sleep at night if my DH had to fork over 20G for a ring. Never. I get sick to my stomach when I think about the 4000~ we spent on a huge TV. I would LOVE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
a 2 carat diamond. I have had a 1+ carat and now I can''t wear it because i am divorced. My new DH makes good money and he said he would never spend more than $2000 on an engagement ring, so that leaves me saving for the jewelery I want. It''s not like he would spend that money on himself. If I can''t pay for it outright...I don''t buy it.

bling

Shiny_Rock
Very sweet story Reena! Congrats! and in such a lovely lovely place...
and all I can say is WOW to your ring..its beautiful...elegant..timeless..awsome! love it! wear in good health!! more pics woouldnt hurt anything either... :)

reena

Ideal_Rock

hi soulsis,

i completely hear what you''re saying . . . and i often think the same thing when i see people''s rings here! i don''t think i''ve ever met anyone in real life with a 3 or 4 (or 6!) carat diamond . . . but there are plenty of those here. pricescopers are definitely not a representative bunch in terms of jewelry.
1.gif

as for my FI and i, we set a particular budget and (after increasing it a bit once!
2.gif
) stuck to it. i knew that i wanted to be able to keep my original e-ring and not upgrade it, so we felt okay with spending enough to get something that would stand the test of time. but, like many other young couples, we also are saving for a wedding and a house, and so there was definitely a limit to what we felt comfortable spending (he wanted to be able to pay for it pretty might outright with his year-end bonus). within that range, i really tried to spend the time and to do the research necessary to be sure that i was getting the most possible for our (his) money. and i really think that, with the help of this site and the people here, i was able to do that. i found an amazing stone for much, much less than i would have had to pay at a B&M store, and i was able to get my dream setting for substantially less money than all of the designer settings i had considered (which i liked much less).

so, overall, even though we did spend a good amount of money on my ring, i am happy and my FI is happy because we know that we spent it well. i could easily have gone to tiffany''s or cartier or whatever and gotten something that i liked substantially less for double the price. instead, thanks in large part to this site and the wonderful people on it, i have a ring that i absolutely adore and that i will be happy wearing for a long, long time. (not to mention a wonderful fiance.)
1.gif
you can''t ask for much more than that!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
OH.

MY.

GOD.

6.gif

Please excuse me while I find someone to perform CPR on me...

Reeyonce, that is freakin'' delectable! I mean, I hope you guys have kids, because that''s an heirloom piece if I''ve ever seen one. Actually, you''d better have just one kid, or they may kill each other over that ring!

HFS, woman, you did not build it up too much -I don''t think it''s possible to. It''s divine.

Best wishes on your engagement, and I vote that you invite all your PS friends to your WEDDING
3.gif

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
I guess it is safe to say that Reena likes diamonds.

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Reena!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

What a fairytale proposal and a fairytale ring!! So gorgeous, so perfect
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
Congratulations to you and your fiance.

Can''t wait till you get started with the wedding rings
11.gif
12.gif

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Reena:

I hear what you''re saying. Is Tiffany''s really over priced? I wouldn''t know because in Canada it''s basically B&M (is that bought and mount?) or custom which takes FOREVER. Like a good 1 carat diamond here will run you at least 10G.

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 3:30:15 PM
Author: soulsis
Reena:

I hear what you''re saying. Is Tiffany''s really over priced? I wouldn''t know because in Canada it''s basically B&M (is that bought and mount?) or custom which takes FOREVER. Like a good 1 carat diamond here will run you at least 10G.
oh dear, and it''s not even friday
2.gif
. . . i always get in trouble when i start talking about tiffany, so all i''m going to say is that, for better or worse, you are going to spend a TON more money there than you would elsewhere for a stone/ring of equal (or better) quality.

for example: i initially looked at the tiffany legacy ring, which is a cushion cut stone set in a pave bezel setting that''s sort of similar to mine (but with much different detailing under the stone and, i believe, with less diamonds in the setting). someone posted on another thread that a 1.5 carat cushion in their Legacy setting runs somewhere around $27k (although she didn''t specify what color and clarity). that is substantially more than we spent on my ring (and my stone is a little over 2 carats, G/VS2). some place a lot of value on the blue box, so that''s fine, but i''m happy with my choice.
1.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 3:46:36 PM
Author: reena

.... but i''m happy with my choice.
1.gif
I''ll say. That thing is freaking beautiful!!! Now I have something to commision for our 20th anniversary. I need to save for the next ten years.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. It says volumes about what can be done if you spend your money carefully and do a lot of research. I was surprised to learn that your ring was substantially less than $27,000.

Your ring is done exactly the way you wanted it and I do not think you will ever get tired of it and want to upgrade. It certainly compares favorably with the Tiffany Legacy at a much lower price. The workmanship looks fantastic and the stone is sensational. If one buys the Tiffany Legacy everyone gets the same design. Yours is made to your specifications. I just love it. You have been so helpful to others and you deserve the best.

Lots of luck. I hope your future is as perfect as this ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results