shape
carat
color
clarity

Two beautiful diamonds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 8:08:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Mrs DJ, I do love your new setting, too, and would love to see it before I decide...any idea when you''ll be getting it?
Hi Diamondseeker ~
emrose.gif

There really are so many wonderful settings out there
... it is so hard to just pick one!
28.gif

As far as my setting ...
I emailed Marie
12.gif
to verify that Vatche will set my diamond so that no arrows will be covered by a prong, and she was so sweet
emlove.gif
, she said that Vatche knows how GOG wants their diamonds set presentation wise, and emailed a pic ... and it''s exactly how I would like it done!
9.gif
YAY!
36.gif

Vatche should be coming back from vacation I believe on Monday, the 17th ... when it is done, Marie should be able to pick it up in Manhattan on the following Monday, the 24th. I will ask her to please ask Kristen
12.gif
to take lots of
emphoto.gif
''s of the ring in the setting, and even
emphoto.gif
''s of how it looks on someones finger (probably a middle finger since my fingers are chubby
2.gif
), and possibly if you want next to a diamond band. After she picks the ring up it will be off to Rich for the final inspection and then off to lil'' ol me! (*Yes, I am getting really excited!) The thought that it might be in my hot little sweaty hands ... maybe 3 weeks away? (I can''t wait to do my own happy dance!)

ok ... back to reality! You are so lucky to have the pleasure of getting such a gorgeous diamond! Enjoy the fact that you know I''m droolin'' all the way from Oregon! You can easily find me ... just follow the drool!
3.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2006 8:33:30 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 7/13/2006 8:30:59 PM
Author: Kaleigh
And I am so glad you won''t leave us. You are such a great part of this community. You have learned a great deal and can help others as you already have. Guess when school starts your time will be more limited, but glad to know you are gonna stick around!!!!
1.gif
36.gif

ditto, ditto, ditto..
Awww, thanks Lisa and mrssalvo! (where''s the hug smiley when you need it?!)

Whatmeworry, thanks so much for your post!

Mara!!! I FINALLY DECIDED!!! YAY!!! But you see, my slowness paid off!!! I just had to let that 1.63 shrink overnight so it was a better size! (I am thinking that Demelza''s setting might look good with the SP eternity ring. But I''m still looking.)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo! Congratulations on making a decision and a wonderful choice!

I think the stone looks superb on you and you will not ever regret having gone with the bigger stone. I know you struggled with your decision and I hope you feel as good about it as we all do. Good luck with part two - the setting journey!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Mrs DJ, I was hoping your ring would be here this week before I make a decision!!! But I now remember that Vatche is on vacation. Thank you so much for your good wishes...you are always such an upbeat person and a joy to be around!

Thanks, MGR!!! Some of you with those big rocks really inspired me to bite the bullet and go for the bigger stone!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
a whoop of joy has gone up around the country .... maybe even around the world !!!
LOL

I am LAUGHING! at how this will put Mara at ease now!!

Mara, you can''t resist reading a thread even if it''s driving you crazy !!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey DS, did you read Dem''s thread about the troubles she had matching up wedding bands to her knife edge e-ring? I can link it for you if you haven''t but I remember she said nothing really looked right except the matching knife edge band. Just something to think about with that knife edge setting. also, if you keep the SP band, I think you need a bit wider setting to balance it out if that makes sense.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
dg...i know, i am a diamond glutton for punishment!!! hehee.

as for a setting, that one teagreen posted that WF made for her on the basic 6 prong is looking pretty sweet. i''m sure GOG could craft something similar, basic, and affordable for you to wear for a while until maybe you see something SUPER AMAZING ds??

and yes mrs salvo is right in that Dem had a lot of issues with the whole e-ring w-ring thing with the SC setting...i''d go for a domed or rounded or flat band with a w-ring like that one or any of the shared prong. not knife edgeish.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2006 8:58:45 PM
hey DS, did you read Dem''s thread about the troubles she had matching up wedding bands to her knife edge e-ring? I can link it for you if you haven''t but I remember she said nothing really looked right except the matching knife edge band. Just something to think about with that knife edge setting. also, if you keep the SP band, I think you need a bit wider setting to balance it out if that makes sense.
Yes, I do remember that well. I think one difference is that this band has a thin milgrain edge, not a wider metal edge like the one she had. The milgrain also tend to de-emphasize the amount of metal. When I went to Tiffany''s, I tried on a couple of diamond bands including a 7 stone shared prong, and I liked them all. I think it is really important to get the right size eternity band for the diamond or e-ring setting. That Tiffany setting is about 2.5mm according to the SC site. Do you not think 2.5 is wide enough to wear with the eternity band? I didn''t necessarily want them the exact same width, but it would help if I could try some on. But I''m not up for another trip to Tiffany''s. It''s not easy to ask to try on rings there. I did it once when Tacori was with me and at least she bought something while we were there!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2006 9:02:50 PM
Author: Mara
dg...i know, i am a diamond glutton for punishment!!! hehee.

as for a setting, that one teagreen posted that WF made for her on the basic 6 prong is looking pretty sweet. i''m sure GOG could craft something similar, basic, and affordable for you to wear for a while until maybe you see something SUPER AMAZING ds??

and yes mrs salvo is right in that Dem had a lot of issues with the whole e-ring w-ring thing with the SC setting...i''d go for a domed or rounded or flat band with a w-ring like that one or any of the shared prong. not knife edgeish.
I''ll have to look back at teagreen''s thread. I remember she was trying to get the head like yours, Mara. I don''t object to getting a temporary Stuller setting if I can''t decide soon.

Peerless

Rough_Rock
Where is the link to your stone?

-Peerless

Peerless

Rough_Rock
You made the right choice Diamondseeker2006. Disregarding size and Bscope, the 1.63 H VS1 is easily the better crafted stone. Cheers mate!
36.gif

-Peerless

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2006 9:44:05 PM
Author: Peerless
You made the right choice Diamondseeker2006. Disregarding size and Bscope, the 1.63 H VS1 is easily the better crafted stone. Cheers mate!
36.gif

-Peerless
Thanks very much, Peerless! Once I learned about the tight variances, I could see that this stone was very well cut!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A new picture to add a little sparkle to this page! (I''m hoping to figure out how to take close-ups by tomorrow!)

1.63Ha1.JPG

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats! Pls keep us updated on your setting choice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Jade! If I can get it narrowed down, maybe I''ll do a setting thread! Right now, I don''t have but one serious contender. I really need to go look at some, I guess!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the new picture looks great DS..your stone is so beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 9:08:18 PM
Date: 7/13/2006 8:58:45 PM

Yes, I do remember that well. I think one difference is that this band has a thin milgrain edge, not a wider metal edge like the one she had. The milgrain also tend to de-emphasize the amount of metal. When I went to Tiffany''s, I tried on a couple of diamond bands including a 7 stone shared prong, and I liked them all. I think it is really important to get the right size eternity band for the diamond or e-ring setting. That Tiffany setting is about 2.5mm according to the SC site. Do you not think 2.5 is wide enough to wear with the eternity band? I didn''t necessarily want them the exact same width, but it would help if I could try some on. But I''m not up for another trip to Tiffany''s. It''s not easy to ask to try on rings there. I did it once when Tacori was with me and at least she bought something while we were there!

YAY!!!!!! I am SOOOO happy for you and proud of you!
9.gif
I think Tiffany is USED to people coming in just to try on rings without buying anything. Don''t feel bad. I do think you should take a trip to KP because they do have beautiful stuff. I cannot wait for my eternity band! I would be happy to help you anyway I can but I am afraid trips to B&M might have to wait until september....argg....I DO have to go pick up my wedding band though....
27.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 11:11:12 PM
A new picture to add a little sparkle to this page! (I''m hoping to figure out how to take close-ups by tomorrow!)
Oh yeah, that''s what I''m talkin about, YUMMO!!!! Great shot
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, mrssalvo! I can''t wait to see your new stone!

Tacori, I think you will be just a little busy over the next month! I picked a bad time to decide on a diamond! Of course, I''m going out of town again next Wed., so I am having trouble finding time to go setting shopping myself! But our other trip was a lot of fun and helped a lot! I doubt I would have had the nerve to try on those Tiffany rings had you not been there!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, DS, on choosing a gorgeous stone!! I'm sure it must be a relief to have that decision behind you. Now comes the next big decision -- the setting!

If I can answer any questions for you about the SC mounting or provide you with any further photos, let me know. My experience has been that I prefer the matching knife edge band the best, but that's partly because I really like the look of a matched set. Having said that, I do have several diamonds band that I think look quite good -- my SP shared prong (2.3 mm), my Michael B lace band (just under 2mm), and my SP bead set eternity ring (somewhere in the 2.1 mm range). All of these seem to fit under the head quite nicely. I don't wear the shared prong with it much because of the scratching issue, but the others look quite nice when I want a change. But, again, I like the matched set the best. Have you thought about the Vatche Royal Crown as an alternative? It's very pretty and I've often thought about maybe getting that one day. I prefer a thinner shank, but I recall you saying that you wanted a slightly thicker band, so perhaps that work out well for you. Just a thought.

Re: taking pictures -- it seems like you've gotten some good advice so far. I just put the camera in macro mode and play around. Keeping the light behind the stone is a great way to get the arrows to show up. And also try cropping the photos afterwards -- you might be surprised with the amount of detail you can see when you start cropping. Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yes cropping is a MUST!!!! if your camera has a good MP then the pictures will be huge, so instead of just resizing the whole image, you can cut out just the diamond and then enlarge it to full size..then resize from there. that is how i get all my closeups. the image itself starts out huge and has lots of stuff around it...but when i am done with it, it''s all diamond (and flower)...ehhee.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demelza, thanks! On what setting do you have the top circular button on the camera turned to?

Mara and Dem, I don't have any special photoshop software. I just load the pictures into the microsoft "my pictures" on the computer. So I'm not even sure I can crop them. I have a feeling I'm not going to master the camera by the time I send the stones back tomorrow!

ETA: I'm on the east coast so it is past my bedtime...Ill check in tomorrow morning to see if you have more camera advice! Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, yeah bad timing. Panic is about to set in. Starting a new business and sorting out a long-distance wedding at the same time was maybe not such a great idea! Oh well.....but I will have plenty of time in september
2.gif

ETA: not that I take great pics at all but you really need to take 100 to get a few decent ones. Just keep clinking away.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOORAY! Whoop of joy from the UK TOO!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

She is no more a Diamondseeker but a Diamondfounder!

Great choice and I am so glad you went BIGGER!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, sorry, I must have had my reply screen up and did not see your post when I posted last night! Thanks so much for your note on the picture! My problem is that my daughter gave me her little memory card (which is partially filled) because she has a lot of her pictures on her other one, so I have only taken like a dozen pictures of the diamond! From what Mara and Tacori have said, it takes lots of shots to get a good one, so I may have to go out and get my own camera before the ring actually comes! When I read this, I think how crazy non-PS people would think we are!!!

Lorelei, thanks so much! I would have never lived it down had I chosen the baby stone, so I figured I may as well go for the big one! (Plus it was just better anyway!!!)

I''ll try and post a few more pictures today. I just haven''t figured out how to crop them.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah diamondfounder!!

So, are we gonna see a new avatar sometime soon?

Sunshines

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker,

Both stones look great but I fully agree with the rest to go for the 1.63. I had a 1.33ct for my ring and barely after 6 mths, I am already finding it small and thinking of an upgrade to 1.7ct. You would remember me posting info of my intended upgrades (the 1.7+) and asking for opinion. I am sure you will feel the same way very soon. I also felt u need not go for such a high clarity in the 1.37 given its colour. Just a thought.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 8:35:26 AM
Author: dbgaap
Yeah diamondfounder!!

So, are we gonna see a new avatar sometime soon?
Gosh, can you read my mind or something!? I was searching how to do that last night! I think we can''t change our own avatar''s anymore, though, so I figured I''d wait and ask Irina to change it for me once the stone is set. But I am tired of being a generic yellow person!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 8:39:02 AM
Author: Sunshines
Diamondseeker,

Both stones look great but I fully agree with the rest to go for the 1.63. I had a 1.33ct for my ring and barely after 6 mths, I am already finding it small and thinking of an upgrade to 1.7ct. You would remember me posting info of my intended upgrades (the 1.7+) and asking for opinion. I am sure you will feel the same way very soon. I also felt u need not go for such a high clarity in the 1.37 given its colour. Just a thought.
How ironic that I was looking at two sizes close to those you're thinking about! I'm glad then that I didn't get the 1.37 and experience the shrinkage thing! The 1.37 met all my qualifications for that size but it did have one clarity grade higher than I had asked for. But I was willing to pay the small amount extra since the VVS doesn't add so much onto an H color.

ETA: (If money were no object, I'd be getting F VVS2! But I'm just not willing to pay for that!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results