shape
carat
color
clarity

Two beautiful diamonds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, my two GOG H&A stones arrived! They are gorgeous just like Jon said! This is my first attempt to use my daughter''s digital camera, so I''m just posting a couple of pictures now to see if I can do it. I''ll take handshots later if this works! One is a 1.63 H VS1 and the other is 1.37 H VVS2.

Oh great! It says the files are too big and I have no idea how to size them!!!
39.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I''m not very helpful on these things, but maybe this thread in the FAQs can help?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh DS can''t wait to see pics and hear what you think???

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Gosh ''Seeks - I hope you can get the pics up for us.....
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Thanks Ira!

diamonds 003.jpg

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
there''s a thin stream of saliva making its way down my chin....
18.gif

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
ooh, they both look so pretty~! can''t wait to see more pictures, but my personal vote is for the 1.63.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.63 (these are with my new SP eternity band, just to get an idea if they will work together)

diamonds 007.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to try again for a better close-up of the 1.37. I am learning to use this camera out of necessity!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So far they both look incredible! What do YOU think??? Inquiring minds want to know.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, they are both fabulous and look gorgeous on you. what are your initial thoughts?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! They look great! I can''t wait to hear what your impressions of them are!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.37 (not sure where the yellow reflection is coming from, but the diamond is not yellow)

diamonds 014.jpg

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for the 1.63... it seems to look noticibly larger than the 1.37 ... not that it''s all about size.... :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh DS, those stones are both to die for!!!!!
Which one do you like more?
I really like the 1.63. Swwwwweeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!
18.gif
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both gorgeous stones but I still say go for the 1.63!!!! What do you think??? I also love the SP band, it''s very pretty.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep love that 1.63 over the other one just because it seems to work better on your hand esp with the SP band you have.

i''d make sure to put it in a ring that is a little wider because the SP band is a little thick and seems to overwhelm the super thin ring holder thing, i think if you went too thin on a e-ring setting it would kind of look odd with the band. just my thoughts.

they both look stunning! but that 1.63..wow!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Just from the photos...not that I don''t love the size of the 1.6, but the 1.3 seems a bit brighter/sparklier! Is that just me?

DS, how do they look to you?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! It is frustrating to be learning how to work a camera when what you really want to do is stare at diamonds!

My first impression on opening the boxes was WOW!!! They are drop dead gorgeous! Jonathan can pick stones! These two have slightly different numbers, but I can tell you honestly, they are equally beautiful and there''s no way you could tell which one had a lower pavilion variation!!!
23.gif
These pros nitpick the numbers, but I have the feeling that any H&A stone with AGS Ideal and GIA excellent stats will look great to us! Or at least those Jonathan chooses...so I''m just quitting my numbers OCD and letting Jonathan choose stones for me! Lol! (I already knew that but it was hard letting go of looking at the numbers!)

Now the decision is size and color. They appear different in different lighting. They are both white in daylight outside. Inside I can see the H tint a little, I think. The 1.63 is the one close to G and I am trying to decide if I can see the difference. They are gorgeous as they are, but I now have an F, but it is not well cut, so it is hard to compare. I probably should have had Jon send me an F stone, too!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what are your thoughts on the SIZE of the 1.6
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kaleigh and Mara for the comments on the SP band. I am very concerned about the thickness issue with an e-ring setting. I called SP and told them my situation and they are gicing me extra time to decide whether to keep it. There''s no way I''ll know until I can try them together. I am thinking that Demelza''s ring may stick out far enough to work. I don''t know of any other that would.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2006 11:58:33 AM
Author: mrssalvo
what are your thoughts on the SIZE of the 1.6
31.gif
Well, it's big. I am just not sure yet. But I agree that it is the better size if I keep that eternity band. The eternity band is too big for the smaller stone, I think. But I am not locked into that band. I love the milgrain and engraving and it was a terrific price on the SP sale, so I couldn't resist!

Facetfire, I don't think one is more sparkly than the other in real life. Of course, it would be easier if one were!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
DS,

The photos are beautiful! Fun fun -- I''m envious. It sounds like you are much more comfortable to the idea of the 1.63 now? If so, that''s great! Just decide on what is best for you and what your comfort level ends up being. They are both gorgeous stones.
More photos please.
36.gif

Do you feel like the dif. in size is more or less pronounced than you were expecting?

DL

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that the 1.63 looks better with the band but I am still going to vote for the 1.63 no matter what band you go with. It doesn''t look huge and garish on your hand - quite the opposite in fact. It is sized just right for you - looks like a decent size diamond without screaming I am a big diamond! Alot of us like bigger stones but you don''t want to end up with something that makes you so uncomfortable you don''t want to wear it. I really don''t think you are at that point with that size stone. Just my .02 - and remember that your eye will really adjust rather quickly to the size.

Best of luck in your decision - we should all be so lucky to have two gorgeous stones at home to play with and decide between! Enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more pic. of my original 1 ct., the 1.37, and 1.63.

Regarding the size of the 1.63, I had tried a premium cut 1.66 a few months ago. I did decide that that point to concentrate on the 1.4-1.5 level, but few stones come along in that size. I guess I could compromise at stay right at 1.5 if I think the 1.63 is too big. But I am not sure. I am trying to keep it. It''ll help when my husband and daughter come home. And I''ll show them to one friend who loves jewelry, but like all of you, she''ll say go for the 1.63!

diamonds 017.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Just on my way out, but had to stop in to see if you had this thread started. Good job with the pics!

They both look lovely, but I prefer the 1.63 as well. The size difference is negligible (we're only talking 25 points) and I seem to recall that is the stone Jonathan preferred. Was that because of its size or was there something about the cut he especially liked? Bottom line, though, YOU need to be comfortable with this purchase, so it doesn't matter if we all like the bigger stone better if it means you won't wear it or will feel awkward when you do.

Here's one thing that helped me when I was trying to decide between stones -- make a pro/con list for each stone and weigh them against each other. What are all the things you do and don't like about each stone, and how much weight do you give to each feature? This helped me organize my thoughts.

I think it's great you can let go of the "numbers OCD" and just trust Jonathan's eyes. That will make your life a lot easier!

Good luck and keep taking pics!

ETA I seriously doubt the difference between a 1.5 and a 1.6 will discernible.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
You have already been wearing a 1ct diamond, so if I was upgrading, I would want the difference in size to be noticable.

For me, it would have to be the 1.6ct
31.gif

Blod

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2006 12:24:32 PM
Author: Demelza
Just on my way out, but had to stop in to see if you had this thread started. Good job with the pics!

They both look lovely, but I prefer the 1.63 as well. The size difference is negligible (we're only talking 25 points) and I seem to recall that is the stone Jonathan preferred. Was that because of its size or was there something about the cut he especially liked? Bottom line, though, YOU need to be comfortable with this purchase, so it doesn't matter if we all like the bigger stone better if it means you won't wear it or will feel awkward when you do.

Here's one thing that helped me when I was trying to decide between stones -- make a pro/con list for each stone and weigh them against each other. What are all the things you do and don't like about each stone, and how much weight do you give to each feature? This helped me organize my thoughts.

I think it's great you can let you of the numbers OCD and just trust Jonathan. That will make your life a lot easier!

Good luck and keep taking pics!
The 1.63 is very tight number-wise (little variation in the crown and pavilion), it registered G to low G on the color meter even though it has an H grade cert, the VS1 is great, so it is 100% mind clean other than the size issue. Of course, it also costs $3000 more than the other stone. But like you, I think it is worth it to pay for what I love most.

Regarding your ETA about a 1.5...yes, you're right, that's just crazy rationalizing on my part!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results