shape
carat
color
clarity

Two beautiful diamonds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cme

Rough_Rock
I think they are both so pretty too :)
c

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your comments and interest everyone! I have just emailed Jonathan asking him a few more questions before I make a final decision. Both diamonds were equally sparkly and beautiful, so the price and size were the only two things differentiating them. I did tell Jon that I have eliminated the 1.37H. I think if I were to go under 1.5, I''d go up in color now that we''ve technically raised the budget. But I would like larger than the 1.37 at this point, because I just don''t see too much difference in it and my current 1 ct.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 9:43:01 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Haha, db! I just have a second because I am tutoring a little boy and have just a quick break, but I think if you go up, then I will, too! How's that?!! You were so happy with your 1.20 that I was thinking I should certainly be content with a 1.37! (No pressure though!
11.gif
)
LOL!

Oh, you got me!!

9.gif

ETA: I was thinking if YOU go up to the 1.63, I'll go up to a 1.63!

How's that?
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
so...what you''re saying is....

you''re getting the bigger one!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, db, you''ve got a deal!!!
6.gif
Start shopping!! Yep, Belle!

I have decided on the 1.63!
30.gif

I actually emailed Jon to ask him to be SURE that there wasn''t another stone for me, even if I raised the budget, and he reminded me that this stone has the significant bonus of registering G color without me having to pay for it! And number-wise, it is terrific! So even though I offered him MORE MONEY, he said he''d still choose this one for me because it was the best value within my picky parameters (but he didn''t say picky!)! Jonathan has been wonderful, and I am SO happy to finally make a decision! I had eyed this stone weeks ago, but at the time it was out of my size and price range. But I am really excited that it was meant for ME all along!
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH I''m SO EXCITED FOR YOU DS!!!! YAY!!!

It''s a STUNNING diamond and honestly just looks PERFECT on your hand!!! YAY!

Setting?

Small

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats DS!!!!! How wonderful for you
1.gif
What a beauty
30.gif
30.gif

Now...the next question is...how are you going to set this beauty
30.gif
??? LOL!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 5:24:24 PM
6.gif

30.gif

I actually emailed Jon to ask him to be SURE that there wasn''t another stone for me, even if I raised the budget, and he reminded me that this stone has the significant bonus of registering G color without me having to pay for it! And number-wise, it is terrific! So even though I offered him MORE MONEY, he said he''d still choose this one for me because it was the best value within my picky parameters (but he didn''t say picky!)! Jonathan has been wonderful, and I am SO happy to finally make a decision! I had eyed this stone weeks ago, but at the time it was out of my size and price range. But I am really excited that it was meant for ME all along!
30.gif

YOU ARE TOO MUCH !!
LOL!!!

Congratulations !!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

hmmmm.........
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats ds!
36.gif

you did it! you are going to be so happy with that size...i know you will.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
YIPPY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so happy for you DS. I know you won''t regret it one bit. YAY
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, YAY for you!!!!! That''s great. I am so excited for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hurray!!! This is wonderful. You know you''ll never regret going a little bigger and even Jonathan says it is the best diamond. Congratulations! Now pick a setting and let''s get this baby mounted and on your lovely hand so you can show it off!
9.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006, I''m a bit late it seems, but when I read the first page of the thread I was going to say, "Go with the 1.63!", so when I flipped to this fourth page I was so glad to see you did!!!! It is gorgeous, and although, like you, I''m not really a "size gal", I think that size will look fabulous on you. Just right, not too big, but not too small. I am so excited for you that you found the one!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS
congrats !!! sounds like a winner
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

30.gif

30.gif
Congratulations. I couldn''t have resisted getting a G color for an H price, either.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/12/2006 10:00:30 PM
Haha, Mrs DJ! I was honestly thinking of you when I wrote Jonathan that little note in pink a few posts above! You''re rubbing off on me!
2.gif
Hi DS ~
emrose.gif

Yes, I noticed right away! I thought ... "O'' boy! She''s doing a PINK jobby!"
face23.gif

I
emlove.gif
PINK!

Oh and by the way my dear one ... "You used my line I was saving!"
11.gif

I guess I can still use this one when I am ready to get some diamond earrings!
"Do you have any BOGO specials?"

Take care,
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock

30.gif
emhot.gif
emlove.gif
emhot.gif
~ Diamonseeker ...
face23.gif

Gasping to self!
2.gif
She choose the 1.63!
18.gif
emlove.gif
30.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen ... we have a winner!
36.gif
emthup.gif
36.gif

YIPPIE to Diamondseeker!
36.gif

P.S. ~ DS ~ we definately need more
emphoto.gif
's of your new beauty!
3.gif

View attachment 1DiamondseekersSparkler.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU, Tacori, Gypsy, Small, dbgaap, belle, mrssalvo, Kaleigh, Sundial, O-F Girl, DF, Kay, and Mrs. DJ!!!! A big hug to you all!

I have SO enjoyed this diamond search because of being in this community of geniunely nice people with at least one common interest! And I''m not going anywhere...I''m hooked on PS!!! I just have to be good when school starts back and only get on in the evenings! Thankfully I have a few more summer weeks to complete this project, meaning getting it set!!!

So mrssalvo and OFG, I''m reading all your setting threads! If I keep the SP eternity band, I am thinking that the Superbcert Tiffany like Demelza has might be my best bet. I''d like to have a look of understated but classy heirloom rings..rings that could have been given to me by my mother, for example. So I probably won''t go with a newer style setting, even though there are many, many beautiful choices. I adore Kaleigh and KD''s pear sides as one of my favorites, but I think I am going to let this stone be a solitaire. The Ritani set would be possible if made wider, but I''m not sure I have the energy for a semi-custom setting.

Mrs DJ, I do love your new setting, too, and would love to see it before I decide...any idea when you''ll be getting it?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ds, congrats on your decision. I don''t think you''ll ever regret it.
36.gif

I was laughing to myself before your decision, as I''m the only one on here that would have been happy either way.
2.gif

Now, get busy buying a diamond conducive camera woman!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Ellen! I think my daughter''s camera is not the problem.......
23.gif

But maybe I can get Demelza who has a similar model to give me some pointers! The diamonds go back tomorrow, so I''d be so happy to get a few more pictures before they leave!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 8:10:26 PM
Thanks, Ellen! I think my daughter's camera is not the problem.......
23.gif

But maybe I can get Demelza who has a similar model to give me some pointers! The diamonds go back tomorrow, so I'd be so happy to get a few more pictures before they leave!
Oh! I didn't mean you took bad pics!!

I just knew you said you needed a new camera, that's all. So I want you to be sure and get one with a good zoom/macro.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I know you didnt mean it that way! But Demelza has taken these magnificent close ups of her diamond showing the arrows even, and I just can''t get it in focus to do that even when I press the tulip. I just need some lessons! (I have no idea where the manual is and really hate reading manuals!!!)

Peerless

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker2006,

A little late on this thread, but I would have gone with the 1.63 myself, but again that's easy to say when you're not footing the bill! Congratulations on your new purchase and may it bring you a lifetime of joy (well until you trade-up)...
25.gif

-Peerless

BTW Do you have the links to both of the stones?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 8:14:56 PM
Oh, I know you didnt mean it that way! But Demelza has taken these magnificent close ups of her diamond showing the arrows even, and I just can''t get it in focus to do that even when I press the tulip. I just need some lessons! (I have no idea where the manual is and really hate reading manuals!!!)
Oh good, glad you didn''t take that wrong!

I have found that I get the best arrow shots (although I''ve STILL to get every single one perfectly in a shot) with diffused lighting BEHIND the diamond. Just keep trying, in AM, PM, etc. You''ll get it!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations
36.gif
The 1.63 really goes well with the wedding band
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2006 8:16:29 PM
Author: Peerless
Diamondseeker2006,

A little late on this thread, but I would have gone with the 1.63 myself, but again that''s easy to say when you''re not footing the bill! Congratulations on your new purchase and may it bring you a lifetime of joy (well until you trade-up)...
25.gif

-Peerless

BTW Do you have the links to both of the stones?
Thanks so much! Yes, I have the links. Are you interested in the 1.37 by chance??????

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2239

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I am so glad you won''t leave us. You are such a great part of this community. You have learned a great deal and can help others as you already have. Guess when school starts your time will be more limited, but glad to know you are gonna stick around!!!!
1.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 8:30:59 PM
Author: Kaleigh
And I am so glad you won''t leave us. You are such a great part of this community. You have learned a great deal and can help others as you already have. Guess when school starts your time will be more limited, but glad to know you are gonna stick around!!!!
1.gif
36.gif

ditto, ditto, ditto..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
EUREKA! we have a decision!!! i am soooo happy and relieved that i will not be driven any further into madness by reading your threads...hee hee. well unless it''s about earrings or something!!! that 1.6 will be perfect for you, i know you will not regret it!

in terms of pictures, practice really makes perfect! also you need to get the camera closer up on the diamond than you have in the past....the flower is there for a reason, it''s MACRO. hehee. i know that Dem''s camera doesn''t have all the same bells and whistles as mine but she is able to get some amazing pictures, so you should be able to as well, keep snapping!!! also yes diffused lighting is amazing, in the sunlight but blocking it on the diamond with your body, etc. works great.

so whats the next step?! setting?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results