shape
carat
color
clarity

Two beautiful diamonds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 8:46:28 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Date: 7/14/2006 8:35:26 AM

Author: dbgaap

Yeah diamondfounder!!

So, are we gonna see a new avatar sometime soon?

Gosh, can you read my mind or something!? I was searching how to do that last night! I think we can't change our own avatar's anymore, though, so I figured I'd wait and ask Irina to change it for me once the stone is set. But I am tired of being a generic yellow person!

yes you can DS. just click on your avatar and go to the personal section. it gives instuctions on how to add a custom avatar. you do have to scroll down toward the bottom and you'll load it just like upload pics on here
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 9:24:31 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 7/14/2006 8:46:28 AM

Date: 7/14/2006 8:35:26 AM

Author: dbgaap

Yeah diamondfounder!!

So, are we gonna see a new avatar sometime soon?

Gosh, can you read my mind or something!? I was searching how to do that last night! I think we can''t change our own avatar''s anymore, though, so I figured I''d wait and ask Irina to change it for me once the stone is set. But I am tired of being a generic yellow person!

yes you can DS. just click on your avatar and go to the personal section. it gives instuctions on how to add a custom avatar. you do have to scroll down toward the bottom and you''ll load it just like upload pics on here
1.gif
mrssalvo, thanks, I can''t get on that page for some reason. So I''ll just ask Irina if I ever get a good picture!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Love the new picture DS! That beautiful diamond looks so good with your new milgrain band!!!
30.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I am so glad you chose this one! That new pic really does show how stunning it is! I can''t wait to see it in a setting!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, right below the search box above are little boxes:

search/personalsection/posted today/ most active/ help

you click on the one that says personal section and it brings up all your info: username, screen name, password etc...scroll down and it will have your avatar and a little box to customize it. you can upload whatever pic you want
1.gif

if not, i''m sure irina would be glad to help
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes it is time you get rid of your yellow man! You have too much beautiful jewelry not to show it off. You need a thread for your RHR I saw!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It says restricted access when I click on that.

I LOVE your new avatar, Mrss!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 11:40:18 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Yes it is time you get rid of your yellow man! You have too much beautiful jewelry not to show it off. You need a thread for your RHR I saw!
Well, now that I have moved up in the world to operating a digital camera, anything is possible! Lol!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 11:40:31 AM

I LOVE your new avatar, Mrss!

mmm..o-well, we tried...

thanks DS. i thought it''d be fun to have there for a little while
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I am making myself take a crash lesson on diamond pictures...unfortunately I haven't cleaned the diamond well enough for this kind of close-up!!! None of those spots are inclusions!!!

big1.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not great but no flowers blooming here now!

diamonds 026.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh! I can see why you have to take a lot to get a straight on picture to get the arrows lined up perfectly! You could spend hours getting a few good shots. But I need to send these stones back, so I probably won''t have a chance to become a Mara level photographer today!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you did a great job DS..it''s not easy and I think your pics are super. I''m sure your sad to see your new bauble go. any more thoughts on a setting?

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 2:31:12 PM
Okay, I am making myself take a crash lesson on diamond pictures...unfortunately I haven''t cleaned the diamond well enough for this kind of close-up!!! None of those spots are inclusions!!!
LOL...are you sure??? Just giving you a hard time as I know you are clarity conscious
2.gif

The last one you just posted was beautiful
30.gif
Nice arrows
18.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 2:41:34 PM
Author: mrssalvo
you did a great job DS..it''s not easy and I think your pics are super. I''m sure your sad to see your new bauble go. any more thoughts on a setting?
Thanks, mrssalvo. Even though they aren''t great, it was only a couple of days ago that I didn''t know how to work the digital camera, put them on the computer, or resize and crop. So it''s almost a miracle that I''ve done this virtually by myself except for my two minute lesson on the camera from my daughter Wed. night!

So far I am still thinking the SuperbCert Tiffany. There''s really nothing else I can choose without going to try on settings, and that would require a trip to a nearby city for a day. As pretty as these pictures are on these forums, I don''t think I can just order an expensive setting without trying it first. So at least I have tried on the original Tiffany!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 2:57:24 PM
Author: Small

Date: 7/14/2006 2:31:12 PM
Okay, I am making myself take a crash lesson on diamond pictures...unfortunately I haven''t cleaned the diamond well enough for this kind of close-up!!! None of those spots are inclusions!!!
LOL...are you sure??? Just giving you a hard time as I know you are clarity conscious
2.gif

The last one you just posted was beautiful
30.gif
Nice arrows
18.gif
Lol! Well, I guess having an ultrasonic is a requirement for good diamond photos. Thanks...the diamond is better than I can picture it, unfortunately!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a nice one of the arrows
2.gif

1.63H.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You learn quick - your pics are wonderful! That stone is just gorgeous - congrats again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your pics are Fab DS!!!
30.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GREAT MACRO SHOTS DS!!! I am truly impressed. You''re hired.
9.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It''s fine now diamondseeker2006, sometimes it happens when you change profile as you did, please send your picture to us for re-sizing and uploading.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kaleigh and MGR!

Jonathan, when do I start? Now you''ve hired Mrs Darlin Joy and me!

It was that beautiful GOG picture that lured me from the start!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 3:33:25 PM
Author: Pricescope

It's fine now diamondseeker2006, sometimes it happens when you change profile as you did, please send your picture to us for re-sizing and uploading.
1.gif
Aww, thanks so much Irina or Leonid! That is very nice of you!

ETA: I'm not sure where to find your email address, though!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
hehehe just Report Abuse your own post with the picture you want as an avatar, or if it''s not posted yet Contact Us

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 4:07:24 PM
Author: Pricescope
hehehe just Report Abuse your own post with the picture you want as an avatar, or if it''s not posted yet Contact Us
Cool! I''ll do that! I did use the contact us form a minute ago, but I''ll do the report abuse with the picture! One more question, though. Are we allowed to use a vendor photo like the GOG one I posted above or does it have to be my own photo? Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can use anything you want ds.
just don''t use my avatar!
11.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 4:46:02 PM
Author: belle
you can use anything you want ds.
just don''t use my avatar!
11.gif
Why wherever did you find that lovely new avatar Miss Belle???
2.gif

Your getting good at those close up shots DS!!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
DS, I too came in late on your search. I read your other thread before you received the diamonds. I read through this whole thread so I could see which diamond that you chose. I think you made an excellent choice. It is gorgeous.

I have to laugh at you worrying about going to Tiffany''s. I found a seven stone band that I am in love with there and I have been in like 10 times to try it on it a period of about 5 days. haha

I was just telling my DH that the thing I like about that store is that they have so many salespeople that I never see the same person twice so they don''t seem to get mad at the looking only thing. :)

I can''t wait to see what setting you pick for your beautiful new rock. Congrats again!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for fixing my avatar, PS!!!

Belle, did you do something funny with your avatar while I was out????

I had to go return the diamonds....
39.gif

Yes, I truly was soooo sad to see my stone leave! No regrets on choosing it at all! Yay! But I am sending it back to be set and appraised, etc.

Thanks, Sundial! I might have gotten good at it in a few more days... but I''ll buy some flowers for ring shots once it comes back set. Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results