shape
carat
color
clarity

Two beautiful diamonds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 5:29:18 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
DS, I too came in late on your search. I read your other thread before you received the diamonds. I read through this whole thread so I could see which diamond that you chose. I think you made an excellent choice. It is gorgeous.

I have to laugh at you worrying about going to Tiffany''s. I found a seven stone band that I am in love with there and I have been in like 10 times to try it on it a period of about 5 days. haha

I was just telling my DH that the thing I like about that store is that they have so many salespeople that I never see the same person twice so they don''t seem to get mad at the looking only thing. :)

I can''t wait to see what setting you pick for your beautiful new rock. Congrats again!
Aww, thanks for your interest, Allison! I am so relieved to have finally found the stone I''ve waited for!

I love the Tiffany 7 stone band, too...it is one that I tried on with the solitaire. The one I liked had 7 eight-point stones. (That works out great if they have a lot of sales people! I hadn''t thought of that!) I might get the copy of that ring from Signed Pieces/Facets if I get the SuperbCert Tiffany solitaire. I know it''s not as perfect as the real Tiffany, but it might work.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to share this email with y''all that my mother just sent me! I emailed her a picture of the two diamonds Wed. night and asked which one I should get, and she replied that I should get the 1.63. And I told her to show it to my sisters if they came over. So just now I get this:

M______ (my sister) came over today and looked at the pictures. She thought both rings were fine but it was really hard to know what she was looking at since the pictures are not labeled. C______ (other sister) was in a hurry and did not look at the pictures but she said for me to write and tell you that she thinks you should not consider anything smaller than 2 carats. She thinks if you get one smaller than 2 c, you will be dissatisfied with it in a year and want to get another one. I guess I kind of agree with her on this. I can''t imagine anyone thinking you are tacky by the size diamond ring you are wearing. I kind of agree with you on the earring size but not on a ring on your finger. Hope this is helpful. Please just try a 2 c and see what you think.

Is that not the funniest thing you can imagine MY OWN MOTHER replying to me after all the anxiety I had about 1.63????!!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 6:09:06 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Thanks so much for fixing my avatar, PS!!!

Belle, did you do something funny with your avatar while I was out????

she did and I saw it
11.gif

way to funny about your mother..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Belle did something hysterically funny one time with a quick change to her avatar...sorry I missed it this time! She was the minority on a thread with a bunch of yellow avatars..well, you just had to be there! Lol!

(Yeah, can you just imagine Jonathan if I called and said...you know, my mom suggested I should get a 2 ct. instead, so just keep ALL the money I sent you for both those diamonds and send me a 2 ct instead!!!

9.gif
)
23.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehehehe....i think this was even better than the yellow avatar
10.gif

i''m lol about your mom...
i can just see you contemplating going a leeetle bit bigger now
11.gif
hahahahaha

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you chose the 1.63
36.gif
. It is gorgeous and so is your new avatar!!! I think I recognize that photographer''s style. hehehe

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
DS, I saw your note in hangout, so I checked your Mom''s email. That is hilarious! You have often reminded me of myself in your search, and I too am one to worry about "will people think it''s too much?" And although my diamond is the largest in my family, my mom and the rest of my family were the same as yours: don''t worry about it; it''s not too big! Although I still can''t imagine getting that email from my Mom! Anyway, that was very cute!

Maybe you should think about >2ct....
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Belle! I hate it that I missed that!

Isabel, thanks! I love seeing your new asscher in your avatar! (I got some quick photo pointers from mara and demelza!)

OFG, lol! It didn't surprise me so much for my sister to say that, but I was just amazed at my mother saying it! I was stepping out of my comfort zone going above 1.5, but above 2.0???

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 7:39:45 PM

Isabel, thanks! I love seeing your new asscher in your avatar! (I got some quick photo pointers from mara and demelza!)
DS....You took that photo yourself?????? WOW!!!! I''m impressed!
36.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 7:44:21 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 7/14/2006 7:39:45 PM

DS....You took that photo yourself?????? WOW!!!! I''m impressed!
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks, Isabel! I had never had a compelling need to learn to use a digital camera until Wed. of this week when the diamonds came! My college-age daughter gave me a 2 minute lesson on how to work her camera and get them on the computer. I had to figure out by trial and error how to resize and crop them. Mara and Demelza told me about what light works best and to take many and cut out the diamond and then enlarge it. So with those tips, I got a few pictures! But I didn''t go buy flowers for flower shots or anything like that since I needed to get the stones back to Jonathan by the end of the afternoon.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Tell your Mom that dbgaap can't afford a 2c diamond
6.gif
!!!

9.gif

I can picture my mom saying, "well if diamondseeker2006 jumped off a cliff, would you jump off a cliff?!"

10.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 8:04:12 PM
Author: dbgaap
Tell your Mom that dbgaap can''t afford a 2c diamond
6.gif
!!!

9.gif

I can picture my mom saying, ''well if diamondseeker2006 jumped off a cliff, would you jump off a cliff?!''

10.gif
You solved my problem! I''ll tell her I made a deal with a friend that we''d both get 1.6 ct diamonds!
9.gif
(Heck, I am also not interested in increasing my budget by $10,000 more!!!
6.gif
)

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
hilarious!

It probably seems absurd, but you did help me to take the plunge. (thank you!)
(and you thought it was all about your new diamond ring, didn''t you?
emotion-5.gif
)

I KNOW I am going to enjoy my new diamond!
face23.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 9:13:41 PM
Author: dbgaap
hilarious!

It probably seems absurd, but you did help me to take the plunge. (thank you!)
(and you thought it was all about your new diamond ring, didn't you?
emotion-5.gif
)

I KNOW I am going to enjoy my new diamond!
face23.gif
Listen, db, I was VERY influenced by all the girls here to go with the 1.6. So I am happy if my experience could help postively influence you! Lol! Have you decided for sure on the stone yet?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gee DS all you had to do was ask your mother! That is a riot - mothers are like that - yeah they are!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is SO funny! Is the tiffany setting going to be temp or are you going to stay with a solitare?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 9:58:52 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
That is SO funny! Is the tiffany setting going to be temp or are you going to stay with a solitare?
Oh, I don''t know! If I went with the SuperbCert, it would be permanent. If I am totally undecided, I''ll just have it set in a Stuller Tiffany generic setting. I need to look through all the GOG settings before I decide. It would be easier to have them set it. Then I don''t have to get into the worry of who is covering it in case of damage while being set.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Love the new avatar (even if Belle did borrow it for a while)! That note from your Mom was hilarious! Can't believe you were worried about your diamond being too big and they are all encouraging you to go over 2 carats!!! Well you do have funds for TWO diamonds with Jonathan, I'm sure he could take care of that for you! I was wondering how you were going to handle the setting since I thought you had said that you preferred for the same jeweler to provide the diamond and the setting. That SuperbCert setting is really nice though. Is the one from Locke's off your list?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 10:48:36 PM
Author: Sundial
Love the new avatar (even if Belle did borrow it for a while)! That note from your Mom was hilarious! Can't believe you were worried about your diamond being too big and they are all encouraging you to go over 2 carats!!! Well you do have funds for TWO diamonds with Jonathan, I'm sure he could take care of that for you! I was wondering how you were going to handle the setting since I thought you had said that you preferred for the same jeweler to provide the diamond and the setting. That SuperbCert setting is really nice though. Is the one from Locke's off your list?
Thanks, Sundial! I'm sorry I didn't have the laugh of seeing Belle's temporary avatar..it would have cracked me up!

Yes, Jonathan has just about the right amount of money to get me a nice 2 ct.! However, I'm thinking the extra $10,000 needs to go back in the bank instead!

Well, I like the Lockes very much, but they don't seem to have a diamond band that specifically goes with it, and I don't think it would go with the SP eternity band. I think the SC Tiffany will be thicker and sit more evenly in diameter with the eternity band (the knife-edge seems to stick out farther than some round bands). It is hard to explain what I mean! I also like the Mark Morrell solitaire, and he is supposed to be creating a diamond band to go with his, but it wasn't appearing on the site the last time I looked. I just don't want to wait months to get both rings! Then Vatche has the Royal Crown and a couple of other possible settings, but I have never tried those on and would feel better if I could see them first. But GOG carries those.

So If I do not go with one of these classic style solitaire settings, then I need to go pick out a matched set, I suppose. I'm just more into simple and elegant than big bling. I do like some antique styles like Tacori, too, but those would have to be tried on as well (GOG has Sheldon Speyer and Richard Landi). I just don't know when I'll have time to do a big setting shopping trip as we'll be out of town part of next week.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle loves to play tricks with people''s avatars. One day she and Mara had mine as theirs. It was sooo confusing. Funny thing was I saw it later today and thought how cool. Man am I dumb.
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i missed the avatar games today, but DS that avatar picture you got is just FAB, the colors in the stone and the arrows, yum...isn''t playing around with the camera fun?? just wait til you get the finished product back!! flowers here you come!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Yep, I'm a Mara wanna-be with the camera! I only took a very few shots because I had an almost full memory card, but it was fun to learn! Now I have to decide what camera I want for myself. Vadim had recommended one of the newer Sony's which is appealing because it is so thin, but all the other recommendations were for Canon and Nikon. My pictures on here were taken with the Canon A510 which is a model lower than Demelza's A520, and I think I could get pretty good pictures even with it if I had had more time (and some flowers!). I wish I wasn't standing next to the azalea bushes when I took those, though, because that it the green you see reflected in the stone.

ETA: Lisa and Mara, did y'all see at the top of this page where my own mother writes me back suggesting I get a 2 ct. instead?!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gosh choosing a setting really is as complicated as choosing a diamond isn't it? Wouldn't it be nice if you could just have them all in one nearby place to try on and compare? Maybe I was lucky that my hubby just chose one for me!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think the green looks awesome! and the blues too!
3.gif

it''s a great pic ds. be proud of those azaleas!
36.gif

"please just try a 2 c and see what you think"
20.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would have to be one of the wildest things that ever happened on PS if I ended up with a 2 ct. diamond! My husband is so nice, he'd let me, but I am too conservative with spending money to do that. Not to mention my diamond size insecurity/modesty (dbgaap's term)!

Thanks, Belle, regarding the pics! I can't wait to get a new camera of my very own (and my daughter can't wait either so she can have hers back!).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i also love the blues and greens, my fave is when the diamond reflects back colors around it, that''s the fun part!!

lol re the 2c..tell her that WE can''t go through this all again with a 1.6 or a 2c.
9.gif
i think you''ll be very happy with your decision!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missed this while I was away--did you decide on the 1.6? It is stunning to be sure......

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Sharon,

Yes, I did decide on the 1.63! Thanks for asking! Virtually everyone was unanimous on that! Even my mother, who also told me she thought I should look at some 2 ct. stones as well! Lol! After that, I decided maybe no one else thinks 1.6 is big! Anyway, I sent the stone back to GOG to wait until I decide on a setting. Hopefully that won''t take me another 6 months! I am really happy with the diamond, though...no regrets!

cobrateach

Rough_Rock
J...I have been gone from this site for awhile...but I see you went with a 1.63 after all. Good for you!! I must confess....I really like your mother''s idea of 2+. Since I got my 1.61 I have now been looking at 2+.
emwink.gif
You will love your 1.63 though....Congrats. I will be anxious to see the final setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cobrateach!!! You know, I was thinking I needed to search for your email address to let you know I had FINALLY decided! But we were out of town several days last week, so I had not had time to even begin to do so!

It is funny that I settled on a 1.6 after all...but I think it is the right decision. The 2.0 is too expensive, so that sort of rules that out unless my mother wants to contribute! Lol!

Hope you''re enjoying your summer! Have you started looking for your right hand diamond ring for your other daughter?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results