shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Everyone. Just thought this might be a cool thread to store pic's of everyone's engagement ring. The final product and any comments they might have about their pic's of the final stone set in the ring. That way everyone can reference this thread to see cool pic's of everyones e-ring. The following pic is of my fiancee's 1.01 H VS1 Hearts & Arrows Diamond I purchased from GoodOldGold in a Platinum D-Vatche X-Prong style setting. I hope people add pic's of their rings over time...

For full details and possible additional pictures from original thread, Click On The Link Below
Thanks to the Forum & Good Old Gold

Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

r1.jpg

r1.JPG

TEA

Rough_Rock
twirl.gif
Where is the pic??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a really cool idea...I have thought of this a time or two as we always see people who just purchased a stone end up posting tons of pictures (me included!). It'd be cool to have a folder for reference for people who care to see rings, get ideas, etc. Sometimes I want to go back and look at someone's post but I can't recall who it was...or what the stone was, etc. Plus it may be fun to compare bscopes and things like that for people who do have them!

Leo--something to possibly consider since there are some other added folders/forums happening at this time as well?
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Josh, beautiful ring!!!!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The following was posted by Author: SODA
H VVS2 1.07 in dvatche x-prong thanks to DBOF.
Nice Example of the dvatche x-prong setting with a princess center...
16.gif

For full details and possible additional pictures from original thread, Click On The Link Below
Vatche X-Prong Comfort Fit

dv-xp-princ.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cool idea Josh.
appl.gif

Maybe we shall create a separate board and post each ring within separate thread?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The following was posted by Author: Optimized (TIM)
The diamond is a SuperbCert .78 ct. D, VS1, and is set in a very basic Stuller 18KY gold band w/ six-prong platinum head "classic Tiffany" setting.
9.gif

My Adventure in Pictures

& another thread (TIM LOVES TAKEN PIC"S)

My Adventure in Pictures, Part II

timsring.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The following was posted by Author: TAYD
.84 ct, e color, VS2 clarity, Hearts & Arrows Diamond

Tiffany 6-prong style setting in Platinum by Stuller
Seller: GoodOldGold

9.gif

Good Old Gold and Fuller & Associates: Highly Recommended!

tayd-ring.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Josh had some time on his hands last nite eh?
2.gif
All the ring pix are amazing!

Leo--I like the idea of a different folder with each thread on its own, that way people can post multiple pictures and/or comments on their ring with more details for those interested. One thread will get mighty big esp if multiples are posted. Taking into consideration how many of us go ga-ga when we get our rings and take 90 or so pix....what do you (and everyone else) think?
2.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The following was posted by Author:Morgan22
1.33 Carat, Color G, Clarity-VS2 Superbcert
Setting by Vatche (w/.5 carat side sapphires)

Sweet ring with sappire sides to accent....
16.gif

My new ring

morgan22ring.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The following was posted by Author: SLMULKEY
.87 ct, I color, VS1 clarity, Hearts & Arrows Diamond

Setting: Gelin and Abaci tension setting in 14k yellow gold style TR 044
Seller: Dirtcheapdiamonds.com

16.gif

Picture of my ring

slmulkeysring1111.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The following was posted by Author: GREGG
1.27 ct, D color, SI-1 clarity, Pricess Cut Diamond

Seller: GoodOldGold

Nice Example of a beautiful princess in a custom band....Sa-Weet.....

Yay, I did it!!! Come check out my ring!!!

greggring.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The following was posted by Author: SNUFKIN
.56 ct, D color, vvs2 clarity, Ideal-Cut Round Brilliant

Interesting Setting!
9.gif

snuf.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Since I couldn't find any examples of an eightstar mounted in any type of setting on this site
15.gif
I grabbed this pic from somewhere else. It's an eightstar in a bead set band. Stevl & Rodentman Feel free to post some more pic's.....
9.gif

eight5.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I saw this last ring posted on diamondtalk a while back...if it is the same one I am thinking of...I LOVE THIS RING!!!!!! As much as I love my own sparkler...this thing really captured my eye. I've saved the picture...you never know what could happen in the future..hee hee. I have 9 other fingers!
1.gif

Also I am so glad to see an 8* picture...as I agree..I have not yet seen any posted on Pscope yet. It's great to have a thread with all the potentials. Lugus...post your SuperbCert pix! I don't have them on this computer or else I would..of course!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay now you got me all fired up!
1.gif
Hope that this doesn't stretch the page too much, here is my previously posted compilation of my ring images--in different lighting. The stone is a little smudged (probably from a fingertip as I tried to 'position' it) in the last pic...woops!
9.gif

Again--this is a 1.23 shallower cut, larger table G VS1 stone AGS 7. The stone faces up like a 1.35c stone would with its larger diameter. The setting is a custom circlet band of prong set .03c stones, 24 of them for a total carat weight of .72. It's a sparkler any way you turn it!
2.gif

Mara Ring Layer Image.jpg

andrea

Shiny_Rock
What type of camera are you guys using to get such detailed pics
confused.gif

All of the pics I have taken of my ring come out nasty fuzzy.
I'd like to post a snapshot as well, but they all look like I drug them through the mud
14.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andrea--I know some of those images were taken by the jewelers/vendors/ring makers. Some were also from customer's cameras. Mine is a 3.1mp digital camera with 3x/6x optical/digital zoom..and to get about 4-6 good pictures, I had to take about 90. It's definitely patience and practice and lots of LUCK in my case. Keep playing around with your macro, your zoom, your body placement, light placement, etc etc.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Lots of film I have
appl.gif

I usually buy the stuff in bulk anyhow, since I'm forever taking pics of the kids.
I haven't tried it yet, but I think I can use my camcoder, and download some stills from it.
Unfortunately thats technology I haven't conquered yet, but will give it a shot.
Thanks for the info
wavey.gif

gg

Rough_Rock
The eightstar is actually set in a bead set band, not channel set.
1.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2003 9
6.gif
6.gif
8 AM leonid wrote:

Cool idea Josh.
appl.gif

Maybe we shall create a separate board and post each ring within separate thread?
----------------

Yes yes yes!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Lugus-I tried attaching your pic to this thread earlier but as I tried to copy your jpeg file and upload it into this thread it exceeded the 70,000 byte limit. Maybe you can post here...

-Josh RIoux
Sitka,Alaska
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results