shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Yay, I did it!!! Come check out my ring!!!

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by Greg G, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg G
    Rough_Rock

by Greg G » Mar 5, 2003
    Thanks to everyone for all your support! You took me from terrified newbie to educated and satisfied customer. We just got back from a trip to Jamaica so everyone is asking her if I proposed. I didn't quite have my stuff together in time for the trip and I figured the ring would be a good cure to the post vacation blues so I'll be proposing this weekend. I have her convinced I haven’t started shopping yet so she should be very surprised! Every time it comes up I go into this whole thing about how I'm afraid I won't pick out something she'll like and that I have so much to learn. Today she told me that her best friend offered her assistance if I wanted it. It was sooo hard to not laugh out loud! It's too funny that the purchase of the symbol of our love and life together is the cause of the only dishonesty I've shown in our relationship. I think she'll forgive me though. [​IMG]

Here are the pictures Christen at Good Old Gold sent me (I tried to take my own but they didn't come out so well - I can't seem to get the camera to auto focus on the ring). The pictures are great but the ring looks so much better in person. I can't wait to give it to her. I can't say enough how great everyone here has been and what a pleasure it was shopping with Johnathan and Christen at GoG. Since I live in NJ, I got to go over and play with their cool toys!

-Greg

GG PR127DSI1 finished.jpg

2. Greg G
    Rough_Rock

by Greg G » Mar 5, 2003
    Here's the side view. Great shots!

GG Pr127DSI1 side view.jpg

3. Cassandra
    Shiny_Rock

by Cassandra » Mar 5, 2003
    Ooooh... Very very pretty. :D The more and more princess cut diamonds I see, the more I'm growing fond of them! The setting is just gorgeous.

4. Greg G
    Rough_Rock

by Greg G » Mar 5, 2003
    For the numbers freaks the diamond is:

1.27c Princess cut

Measurements: 5.87x5.85x4.37 mm

Proportions:

Depth: 74.7 % 4.37mm
    Table: 67 %
    Girdle: Medium to Slightly thick
    Culet: NONE
    Crown Angle: 39.0
    Crown Height: 11.6%
    Pavil Angle: 60.1

Finish:
    Polish: EXCELLENT
    Symmetry: Good

Clarity Grade: SI1

Color Grade: D
    Fluorescence: Faint

BrillianceScope:

White Light Return: High
    Colored Light Return: Very High
    Scintillation: Very High

5. Mara
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Mara » Mar 5, 2003
    Okay so I see I was behind..you already posted the picture and story! The ring is AMAZING..a stunner. With Bscope results like those it must show relatively little princess light leakage? Congrats!

I bet if she is a girl like any other girl, she was thinking you may propose on the trip. So doing it after you get back is the right thing to do!! [​IMG] Don't keep her hanging too long...she may be thinking 'man this guy is clueless!'

[​IMG]

6. Hest88
    Ideal_Rock

by Hest88 » Mar 5, 2003
    That's lovely! Congratulations.

7. niceice
    Brilliant_Rock

by niceice » Mar 5, 2003
    YOWZA!!! That's a beauty! Congratulations on your engagement!

8. DancinGirl
    Shiny_Rock

by DancinGirl » Mar 5, 2003
    WOW!!! What a stunning ring!! I usually am not a HUGE fan of princess cuts, but this is very very nice! I am sure she is disappointed you didn't do it on your trip - but make sure you do something JUST AS MEMORABLE so she is blown away!

;-)

DancinGirl

[​IMG]

9. Giangi
    Ideal_Rock

by Giangi » Mar 6, 2003
    Gorgeous and beautiful diamond!!!!! Congrats! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. pyramid
    Ideal_Rock

by pyramid » Mar 6, 2003
    Beautiful. It is a bit unusual to see princess cut stones with wide shoulders set with diamonds. I like.

11. frizzy_dt
    Rough_Rock

by frizzy_dt » Mar 6, 2003
    absolutely stunning[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Greg G
    Rough_Rock

by Greg G » Mar 6, 2003
    Thanks everyone! I plan to propose tomorrow or Saturday. It has to be done on the beach so I'm hoping for a bit of decent weather in NJ. My theory on proposing is that it shouldn't be done on a day that already is special (i.e. Valentines day or a vacation). I'd rather surprise her and make a regular day into a very special day. Also, I got a bit afraid to bring the ring after reading the "Flight To Cancun For Proposal?? Help Please!!" Thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/flight-to-cancun-for-proposal-help-please-t4868.html

Mara, here is the ideal scope picture. Not so much leakage is right!

-Greg

Princess1-27-D-SI1-IScope.jpg

13. Mexi
    Shiny_Rock

by Mexi » Mar 6, 2003
    It is gorgeous. I love that setting - a little different from the ordinary.

Good luck!![​IMG]

14. ociopia
    Rough_Rock

by ociopia » Mar 6, 2003
    This ring is gorgeous. The diamond is such a wonderful Princess. I believe really great princess stones are hard to come by - you really were lucky - but then GOG is the BEST!

You tell Jonathan what you want - he finds it!

Congratulations.

15. Rhino
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Rhino » Mar 6, 2003
    GREG!!! How could I have missed this thread?! Getting ready to take a short excursion down to Texas (will have my laptop with me) but wanted to just say thanks to you and all the kind folk here for the nice words. Your ring and especially your stone are rare finds just like your lady. [​IMG] Glad to hear your trip went well and Christen will be giving camera lessons on Thursday nights if you're interested. [​IMG] hehe... just kidding.

All God's best,

Rhino

16. Mara
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Mara » Mar 6, 2003
    Greg that *is* an amazing IS image! Very impressive! [​IMG] Good job Rhino and GOG and Greg for being so discriminating![​IMG]

17. Greg G
    Rough_Rock

by Greg G » Mar 7, 2003
    Yea I'm interested - but there is no way I'm doing that drive again any time soon... I suspect that one key is to have a camera you can focus manually. I read the thread on taking shots of the ring and it looks like I just don't have the right camera. I have a Kodak 4800 3megapixal camera that does great most of the time but unless I'm just clueless, doesn't too close ups so well.

-Greg

18. mike04456
    Brilliant_Rock

by mike04456 » Mar 7, 2003
    Greg, don't feel bad. There are few things trickier than photographing gems and jewelry. Focus is part of it, but the main problem is managing the light. It's much, much more difficult than you might think. Prominent gem and jewelry photographers often spend hours setting up a single shot. These are people who have spent long years learning the craft. And, incidentally, I don't know one of them who uses a digital camera. Most of them do everything manually, which takes an enormous amount of skill and experience. It's not something you're going to pick up over the internet. [​IMG]

19. ccuheartnurse
    Brilliant_Rock

by ccuheartnurse » Mar 7, 2003
    WOw, gorgeous ring! I like how it curves, & is very fluid. How did you come up with the design? Was it a stock peice or did you have it custom made? Its really nice & I'm not normally a fan of princess cuts. :)

Judy
    :)

20. Greg G
    Rough_Rock

by Greg G » Mar 7, 2003
    It was a stock piece. I found it when I visted Good Old Gold in Long Island. My girl is going to get to see it tomorrow. I can't wait! [​IMG]

-Greg

21. viscera912
    Shiny_Rock

by viscera912 » Feb 22, 2004
    That is just a beautiful stone and setting!!! I am currently thinking about settings and I am curious about yours. I see that you said its custom made can you tell me more about it? Thanks

Jason

22. pqcollectibles
    Ideal_Rock

by pqcollectibles » Feb 22, 2004
    I think you have the perfect cure for the post "Trip Blues"!! Life can be a bit surreal after a wonderful vacation. Especially some place warm in the middle of winter.

She is going to love you for this wonderful surprise. And will probably forgive you for you're little "secret"! [​IMG]

Absolutely gorgeous ring!! [​IMG] She's one very lucky lady!! [​IMG] Many pre-Congrats on your engagement!! [​IMG]

Do post details of the proposal. I can't wait to hear her reaction! [​IMG]

23. Mara
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Mara » Feb 22, 2004
    PQ sweetie, Greg posted this in 3/2003. [​IMG]

I love it when old threads get ressurected without noting 'Bumping up this old thread' and then 10 people respond....hee hee. Is it Friday yet?!

24. valeria101
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by valeria101 » Feb 23, 2004
    Mara, I got caught too ![​IMG] After your warning !

25. skog
    Rough_Rock

by skog » Jul 18, 2005
    Sorry to resurect this old thread but i was wondering where you found that setting?

skog

26. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by mrssalvo » Jul 18, 2005
    Hi Skog,

Here's what greg said:

It was a stock piece. I found it when I visted Good Old Gold in Long Island. My girl is going to get to see it tomorrow. I can't wait!

If you read back up a few posts in this thread ccheartnurse asks the same thing, you'll see it[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.