shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Simon G setting for my OEC!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Junebug, your reset is AMAZING!! Your stone looks huge and yet the setting is so delicate on your hand. Beautiful. Love it. Gorgeous.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1379949888|3525675 said:
KristinTech|1379906205|3525508 said:
I love the sideview mirror shot, and I love this ring on your hand--your hand is so beautiful!

Thank you KristinTech, you're very kind...I like the mirror shot too, it gives a better feel for how the ring looks IRL - the halo looks bigger in some of my pics than it appears in person. As for my hands...I'm obviously an older woman and have been working on trying to grow old gracefully and just accept the aging process yadda yadda yadda...but I swear my hands aren't as wrinkly as they look in some of these pics lol! So I really appreciate your comment about my hand!

Junebug, I know what you mean about wrinkles and these super up-close shots that we take. I was actually giggling in Moe's at lunch today--I dried my hands that that Xcelerator, or whatever the crazy hand dryer is called. I thought how funny it would be if people posted ring shots with their skin on their hands flapping around, haha!

oh, and don't stop posting pictures! I love this ring... there are never too many pictures for PSers, you know. :)

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1379949888|3525675 said:
KristinTech|1379906205|3525508 said:
I love the sideview mirror shot, and I love this ring on your hand--your hand is so beautiful!

Thank you KristinTech, you're very kind...I like the mirror shot too, it gives a better feel for how the ring looks IRL - the halo looks bigger in some of my pics than it appears in person. As for my hands...I'm obviously an older woman and have been working on trying to grow old gracefully and just accept the aging process yadda yadda yadda...but I swear my hands aren't as wrinkly as they look in some of these pics lol! So I really appreciate your comment about my hand!

Junebug, I know what you mean about wrinkles and these super up-close shots that we take. I was actually giggling in Moe's at lunch today--I dried my hands that that Xcelerator, or whatever the crazy hand dryer is called. I thought how funny it would be if people posted ring shots with their skin on their hands flapping around, haha!

oh, and don't stop posting pictures! I love this ring... there are never too many pictures for PSers, you know. :)

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i actually really like the little bit of contrast between the stone & the halo - the stone has depth and is substantial, and as other have commented is SPECTACULAR!!! especially with the way it throws light judging from the pics :) :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would definitely make a very interesting pic KristinTech hehe! I admit I do feel a twinge of jealousy sometimes when I see the pretty, smooth hands of younger women on PS, but eh, time marches on, what am I going to do...I just hope my knuckles don't get any bigger lol

Thank you so much misskittycat, I'm glad you like it! I'm really happy about the boost this setting has given to my OEC - it actually does the "disco ball" thing, which it didn't do in the old setting. I was just checking out your thead, and I absolutely cannot wait to see your ring!!

Thanks a lot endless_summer, I like the bit of contrast too - it varies in every lighting situation, makes things interesting!

Thank you so much for stopping by again to check out the new pics DS - here are a few side shots and profile - had a hard time, I think my hand kept shaking :roll: The pics don't really show the delicate milgrain that well.

img_2118.jpg

img_2121.jpg

img_2122.jpg

img_2125.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE!! :love:

Oh and your hands/nails are beautiful, Junebug! These close-up macro shots just tend to make everyone's hands look kinda dry and not the best.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
LOVE your new pics Junebug!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Laila and bastetcat, you are both so nice!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Man, a lot happens when a person misses one week of PS. I love :love: the setting. I saw the before and after pics - hard to believe that's the same diamond! Great job! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx, thank you so much! Ironically, this setting probably ended up being around the same mm as yours! :oops: I thought the halo on this would be a little thinner - that said, I'm loving the finger coverage! I continue to love your setting, and I want to thank you again for getting that pic for me, it was really, really nice of you to go to that trouble.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Came back to check if there are new pics, and there are! whoohoo! Love all the new pics junebug! The one with the car mirror is pretty cool ::) And the profile shot! All of 'em! What a beautiful setting for a beautiful stone!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simon G have some of the prettiest setting, love this!!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Junebug, I missed this ring as I was travelling. It is SO beautiful - one of the most gorgeous rings I've seen on PS! That size...mmm. And the setting is to die for! It looks truly vintage. Also, even though I can't see the whole you in the photos, I can see that the ring really, really suits you! It's so tasteful and elegant.

Also, what colour is your nail polish? I like! And look at your skinny thighs, you little minx, you! With a figure and a ring like you have, you need to dress up in an LBD and hit the town!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How did I miss this???? Gorgeous reset--wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks for coming back and checking out the pics, and for the nice words, GemFever! I know I'm carrying on a bit, but I am just loving this reset so much, I'm really glad I did it - I get such joy wearing my ring now and feel satisfied with how it looks on my hand.

Thanks so much for the compliment C4CCD!! Halos really give some great finger coverage, don't they? :naughty: I highly recommend them :cheeky:

Wow Smith, thank you so very much, and I won't lie, your comments made me feel good! :)) I do feel that this ring suits me - although it's a more substantial look than I usually wear, it feels right on my hand. And I think my days of hitting the town are long gone :blackeye: 25 years ago I would have been all over it, now it's my daughter who is out and about, how did that happen??? :errrr: - but thanks for the kind words, at my age I appreciate them!

Diamondrnglover, thank you! I was really impressed with the Simon G settings I saw at the store, there are some lovely designs and the quality is very good. I'm grateful to bastetcat for suggesting this brand.

Sharon, thank you so much, I'm really glad you like it! :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, forgot to answer...the polish is My Very First Knockwurst by OPI - my fav right now

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Smith1942|1380977171|3532643 said:
And look at your skinny thighs, you little minx, you! With a figure and a ring like you have, you need to dress up in an LBD and hit the town!

I've seen and admired the ring, I scrolled back though to see the thighs! They look pretty good in jeans. I'm glad I did because I also saw the band you wear with your new setting, as I gone onto the Simon G website, found your ring setting and was wondering what band would look good with it. Yours looks great with it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and beautiful ring. I love the detailing on the shank and shoulders. Your stone is so elegant with its almost cream pastel flashes - I love that! The whole package makes such a statement and looks stunning on your hand. :appl: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I am a little late checking back for the profile pics I asked for, but they are just gorgeous! :love: I love the details on the shank!!! I still love the transformation and debate about it for my diamond, but I was kind of saving my halo in case I ever get a cushion and I didn't want two rings almost just alike! I do love your ring soooo much with the new setting that it really tempts me!

Do you remember what model # your setting is?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found the model # in your other thread: 523. I think your ring is so much prettier than the stock picture of that setting. Goes to show how much it helps to see settings in person!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, I really like the detail on the shank too. Really makes a pretty ring - hope you are still enjoying it JuneBug!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you DS and MGR, I am so glad you both like it! :D Yes, it's TR 523 and I agree DS, the setting is much prettier in person than the pic on the website - I feel I had to guess what it looked like until I saw it in person lol - and I was so glad the jeweler had a sample. I'm grateful to bastetcat for suggesting it!

DS, I felt I had to try a different setting because I wanted to try to improve the performance of my old cut - dreamer thought my stone would benefit from being more enclosed, and she was right - My diamond looks bigger and brighter. Your AVR will obviously look stunning in any setting! I really love cushions in halos too - I see where you are coming from in terms of having two halo style rings. Can't wait to see how you reset your AVR - but in the meantime it looks fab in the current setting!

I'm enjoying this ring so much; I still have that new bling feeling - oh, and MGR, you were right, I got used to it very quickly!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1386468563|3569827 said:
Thank you DS and MGR, I am so glad you both like it! :D Yes, it's TR 523 and I agree DS, the setting is much prettier in person than the pic on the website - I feel I had to guess what it looked like until I saw it in person lol - and I was so glad the jeweler had a sample. I'm grateful to bastetcat for suggesting it!

DS, I felt I had to try a different setting because I wanted to try to improve the performance of my old cut - dreamer thought my stone would benefit from being more enclosed, and she was right - My diamond looks bigger and brighter. Your AVR will obviously look stunning in any setting! I really love cushions in halos too - I see where you are coming from in terms of having two halo style rings. Can't wait to see how you reset your AVR - but in the meantime it looks fab in the current setting!

I'm enjoying this ring so much; I still have that new bling feeling - oh, and MGR, you were right, I got used to it very quickly!

Thanks, Junebug! It really was a great decision on your part since it absolutely highlights the diamond more! I always enjoy coming back to see your pictures!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DS! I've been snapping pics here and there, so I figured I'd post a couple! :oops: :cheeky: Still in the honeymoon phase I guess

img_3039.jpg

img_3040.jpg

img_3042.jpg

img_3043.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
so lovely! :love: It's much fun to see new photos. I just love new photos of beautiful rings in various environments ::)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1387213445|3575336 said:
so lovely! :love: It's much fun to see new photos. I just love new photos of beautiful rings in various environments ::)

Me, too! Can't post too many!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Yep... the more I ogle if the more gorgeous it gets! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks DS, GemFever, and Kalomeli! Thank goodness for PS, my family is so over my ring haha! Ok, just one more - my attempt to capture the facet pattern, although I'm starting to think my diamond doesn't have much of one lol

img_3046.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results