shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Simon G setting for my OEC!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!! I've been jumping up and down waiting for this! It turned out fabulous!!!! And MAN- that finger coverage....I think I'm getting DSS!!!! :D It looks spectacular and that setting really suits an old cut stone! :love: :love: :love:

For the setting height- I'd see how you feel in a few weeks. I'm a flush fit kind of girl when it comes to stones so it's something you'll just have to decide over time. I had my Simon G halo reset with the stone flush with the halo because the first time it was set high. It's mostly a personal preference thing and you just need to decide how you feel about it. It took me having it set high to figure out I like them set flush.

Out of curiosity (and for future reference) what is the total diameter of your setting (and the diameter of your stone)?]

And...I wanna see more pics and pics with a skinny stacker!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap!! I love it! I am so jealous. And this convinces me again how a halo is DA BOMB. Love the finger coverage. I know its not the same as a 15mm diamond :lol: but I also just enjoy the *presence* of a big ring. And boy yours has presence! Love it. Uber jealous.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE that setting! It looks great on you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks so much everyone! :bigsmile: I really appreciate all the nice words, and coming from people with such amazing jewelry.

by SandyCheeks » 19 Sep 2013 20:03
Wow that ring is so pretty!! I love that shank detail! Lots more pictures please

Thanks a lot Sandy - yes, it's nice to glance down and see that detail - I'll post some more pics tomorrow!

by gemtastic » 19 Sep 2013 17:06
I love your setting (and your skinny thighs.........). Looks the perfect size to me!! Beautiful. Enjoy!

Thanks gemtastic! I'm getting used to it (I think!! :cheeky: )

by Enerchi » 19 Sep 2013 17:14
Incredible!! It look so different in this setting - what a huge change!!! And that setting --- LOVE IT!! WOW!!! I love how it is so detailed and just well balanced in design.

FABULOUS finger coverage!! WHOA!! Its like your lower finger is missing and you have a giant diamond in its place!!! Congrats on choising such a beautiful setting!!!

Thanks Enerchi, you are always so supportive and nice! Yeah, I have to say, the finger coverage is amazing! Dh is on a business trip, will be home tomorrow - I'm wondering what he'll think! I have a feeling he's going to think it's a bit OTT - oh well, he's not the one wearing it! :devil:

by natyLad » 19 Sep 2013 18:52
WOOOOOOOW!!! What an amazing setting Junebug!!! I looooove it!!! It looks so beautiful and elegant and HUGE on your slim fingers And the stone is set perfectly, it's not high at all, it's just perfect Oh, great finger coverage!!! I love your ring girl

Thank you so much natyLad, you are just so nice! I know I keep saying this, but I can't get over how much prettier my diamond is in this setting.

by Rosebloom » 19 Sep 2013 19:02
Excellent choice!!! It's a real beauty!!

Thanks Rosebloom, I'm glad you think I chose well! :))

by Maisie » 19 Sep 2013 19:16
It's beautiful! You have some big bling there!!

Thanks Maisie - I have to be honest, I didn't expect this much coverage! I like it though lol.

by yennyfire » 19 Sep 2013 19:31
Junebug, it is DIVINE!! I really love it and I do think it sets off the gorgeous facets of your stone better than the previous setting did. I don't think it's too high at all! I think it's PERFECT!!

Thank you so very much yenny! :D I have always loved my stone (one reason I decided not to upgrade) but I have to say I feel like I have a new diamond!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1379637301|3523855 said:
Holy crap!! I love it! I am so jealous. And this convinces me again how a halo is DA BOMB. Love the finger coverage. I know its not the same as a 15mm diamond :lol: but I also just enjoy the *presence* of a big ring. And boy yours has presence! Love it. Uber jealous.

Halo reset for you, Dreamer? :naughty:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
That is one beautiful ring :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1379621405|3523713 said:
Junebug -- wow! That ring looks absolutely perfect on your finger! Wonderful reset, your OEC in its new home is stunning. I loved the old setting too, but sometimes a little more (or a lot more ;)) ) oomph is just the right thing. My guess is that you'll get used to the size pretty quickly and it will bring you tons of enjoyment!

Thanks GemFever! I loved my old setting too, but I just felt the diamond looked a little small sometimes. This setting just seems to give it more definition - I have a feeling I'll get used to it pretty quickly - I've been wearing it all day and have gone from "I'm not too sure about this" to "I think I can do this!" lol.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kathley|1379622393|3523722 said:
Junebug, your ring really turned out beautifully! I love how this setting brings out the facet pattern of your OEC. And the shank detail is very pretty too. :appl:

Thanks so much Kathley! It really feels right on my hand - how about you? Any news on your reset?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1379637301|3523855 said:

Thanks Dreamer! You were so right about my diamond benefiting from being enclosed, I really feel my stone performs better now. And I'll tell you, for someone like me who doesn't want to upgrade but wants more hand presence and finger coverage, a halo really is the way to go!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1379637358|3523858 said:
I LOVE that setting! It looks great on you!

Thanks soxfan! Funny how we both switched over to halos - I was admiring your pic in your thread and thinking how amazing it looks!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli|1379616579|3523657 said:
I also like that the stone sits up a bit- it's not too much, just enough that it really demands attention!! Beautiful!!!

Thanks Kelli! :)) Having it raised a little does seem to emphasize the diamond.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1379622010|3523717 said:
Your'e welcome Junebug!
This ring actually doesn't need a band. It's so stunning on its own. I love bands and stacks, but this ring should be the center of attention.
I keep coming back hoping you have posted more pics :naughty:

I know, I do too! I'll take a few pics with a thin band I have tomorrow.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am always astounded at the difference a halo makes! I particularly like yours because your stone still stands on its own - it's not swallowed into the halo.

Congrats on your choice - sounds like you are pleased except for the size difference! I don't worry about that though - I know your eyes will get used to it in no time! We would love to see more pictures though!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1379635428|3523837 said:
WOW!!!! I've been jumping up and down waiting for this! It turned out fabulous!!!! And MAN- that finger coverage....I think I'm getting DSS!!!! :D It looks spectacular and that setting really suits an old cut stone! :love: :love: :love:

For the setting height- I'd see how you feel in a few weeks. I'm a flush fit kind of girl when it comes to stones so it's something you'll just have to decide over time. I had my Simon G halo reset with the stone flush with the halo because the first time it was set high. It's mostly a personal preference thing and you just need to decide how you feel about it. It took me having it set high to figure out I like them set flush.

Out of curiosity (and for future reference) what is the total diameter of your setting (and the diameter of your stone)?]

And...I wanna see more pics and pics with a skinny stacker!!!!

Thanks bastetcat!!! I have you to thank for finding such a great setting! I never would have even thought to look at Simon G. I love it - has a vintage touch that really works well with my stone.

Thanks for your input on the height - I'm on the fence about it - how did you get yours lowered? Did you send it back to Simon G? I'm leaning towards keeping it this way partly because I don't want to go through the hassle of changing it lol. I'll give it a little time and see how I feel.

I measured the halo at about 12 mm - which sounds about right, because my stone is 8 mm and the halo looks a little under 2. I actually thought the halo on this ring was going to be thinner because the sample I looked at had a thinner one - but I guess they made the halo thicker because of the size of my stone.

And I'll definitely take more pics tomorrow!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzers that faceting is quite spectacular!!!! Setting is quite lovely too!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Mind sharing the specs of your beautiful diamond?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1379644183|3523932 said:
I am always astounded at the difference a halo makes! I particularly like yours because your stone still stands on its own - it's not swallowed into the halo.

Congrats on your choice - sounds like you are pleased except for the size difference! I don't worry about that though - I know your eyes will get used to it in no time! We would love to see more pictures though!

Thanks so much MissGotRocks - I'm really glad you like it! :)) I really like that the diamond stands out from the halo too, I was a little worried my stone would get lost - but it's pretty clearly defined. And I'm sure I'll get used to the size in time, and in the meantime I'll have fun trying lol!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
by sweetpea&babycorn » 20 Sep 2013 02:52
super pretty!!!!

by facetgirl » 20 Sep 2013 01:02
That is one beautiful ring

Thanks sweetpea&babycorn and facetgirl!! :bigsmile:

by lin_ny » 20 Sep 2013 03:01
Wowzers that faceting is quite spectacular!!!! Setting is quite lovely too!!

Mind sharing the specs of your beautiful diamond?

Thanks lin_ny!! The halo really helps show off the faceting - my diamond is EGL J, 1.96 carats, 8mm.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Talk about bling-tactic!! That setting is perfect for your gorgeous OEC and it's exactly what you said you were looking for. I can't wait to see more pictures.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, I DO think your diamond looks even more beautiful in the halo! :love: :love: :love: I feel like it does make the facets show up more! I think we need some close up pictures!!! Please!!! You have me thinking... :naughty:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, it's lovely. It really is. Congratulations on such a wonderful reset. :appl: :appl: I can totally see what you mean about your stone being showcased. LOVE it.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
It looks gorgeous on you junebug. I love the way the roundness has been accentuated by the new setting.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1379639814|3523892 said:
Junebug, your ring really turned out beautifully! I love how this setting brings out the facet pattern of your OEC. And the shank detail is very pretty too. :appl:

Thanks so much Kathley! It really feels right on my hand - how about you? Any news on your reset?

I just received notice that my ring will be here Monday. I am on pins and needles hoping that it will look fine. I had to change vendors in the process as I never heard back from from the first one even though I made 2 trips to see him. :nono: If my ring is even half as beautiful as yours, I will be thrilled! :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Junebug, it's a beauty! :love: I love everything about it and it looks gorgeous on your hand. It's a piece of art and I hope it is everything you wanted it to be. Truly stunning! Wear in much health and happiness always!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Woofmama!! I'm so grateful bastetcat suggested Simon G (and specific settings too lol) - I'm really pleased with the quality and workmanship, and the price was budget friendly! :cheeky:

Thank you Niel! The detailing on this ring really is pretty - just have to get used to the size lol - I'm working on it! But who cares, even if I don't get used to it I'm still going to wear it haha!

I really appreciate the nice words 04diamond<3, you've made my day!

IE_Princess, thanks so much for commenting! I am really enjoying this ring!

Thank you SB621! I'm so glad I decided to do this, I'm much happier with my ring now.

Armywife, thank you so much! This setting really does highlight my diamond more than the other one.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kathley|1379672774|3524037 said:

I just received notice that my ring will be here Monday. I am on pins and needles hoping that it will look fine. I had to change vendors in the process as I never heard back from from the first one even though I made 2 trips to see him. :nono: If my ring is even half as beautiful as yours, I will be thrilled! :))

Woo-hoo!!! :appl: I'm so excited for you! I'm sure it's going to be beautiful! Vendors puzzle me sometimes - is business that good that they can turn afford to turn it away? Odd, and pretty rude, that he didn't get back to you - or maybe a miscommunication, who knows - but water under the bridge, you have a new setting on the way and I can't wait to see it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the nice comments nowicanseethemoon! So nice to share with people who get it lol! I never dreamed I would own something this beautiful...took a long time, but worth the wait!

Missy, thank you so much! :)) I appreciate the good wishes and the positive comments, it means a lot!

Thanks Polished! Yes, it's so interesting, my stone really does look more round, and bigger, in this setting - some kind of optical illusion I guess lol!

Thank you LLJsmom! This reset is the smartest jewelry decision I've ever made!

DS, I just can't get over how different my diamond looks in this setting! And the difference is even more striking IRL as opposed to my mediocre iphone pics. I've always loved my diamond (one reason I decided not to upgrade) but it's appearance really has been improved by this reset. It does show a bit more color in certain lighting situations, but I'm really ok with that. I'll work on getting some better pics today! Thanks so much for the nice words, makes me feel good that you like my reset! :))

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1379687504|3524134 said:
kathley|1379672774|3524037 said:

Woo-hoo!!! :appl: I'm so excited for you! I'm sure it's going to be beautiful! Vendors puzzle me sometimes - is business that good that they can turn afford to turn it away? Odd, and pretty rude, that he didn't get back to you - or maybe a miscommunication, who knows - but water under the bridge, you have a new setting on the way and I can't wait to see it!

Thank you for the reassuring, kind words! 8)

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the delicacy of the halo and the shoulders of the setting. It really shows off your diamond nicely. I can't imagine how you could have more finger coverage! It is OTT but in the best way!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it is stunning :love: :love: :love:
And looks Amazing on your finger :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results