carat
color
clarity

#TBT Simon G setting for my OEC!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1379706971|3524339 said:
It's beautiful! I love the delicacy of the halo and the shoulders of the setting. It really shows off your diamond nicely. I can't imagine how you could have more finger coverage! It is OTT but in the best way!

Oh, I agree iluvshinythings, this is it for me! I really didn't expect this to take up so much room on my finger. I'm having a great time wearing this ring, thanks for the nice words!

by Scarlett1 » 20 Sep 2013 23:51
Wow it is stunning
And looks Amazing on your finger

Thanks a lot Scarlett1! One of the best parts of getting a new piece of jewelry is sharing it with PS friends!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Amazing! Talk about coverage! :love: :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks fantastic!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
It's huge on Your finger. There is no DSS in sight for a while, I think :) .I just looked Your older thread when You purchased Your OEC. This setting really compliments Your beautiful stone. I don't know what causes difference in overall appearance, but in this case changing the setting really worked! Enjoy Your beauty :love: :appl: :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
snip...
junebug17|1379727440|3524528 said:
One of the best parts of getting a new piece of jewelry is sharing it with PS friends!

So true! I mean sure we buy jewelry that we love and enjoy but it is very lovely icing on the cake to be able to share our jewelry with our fellow bling lovers here! IRL it is rare to find people who love and appreciate bling as much as PSers.

Junebug, I am waiting for more pics of this beauty!!! :love: :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree Missy - hard to find people IRL who care lol! My own family looks at me a little funny because I'm so excited - although they're happy I'm happy I guess :cheeky:

Tried to get a few decent pics -

img_1993.jpg

img_1997.jpg

img_1999.jpg

img_2000.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few with my band - I think it looks nice - band is platinum, ring 18k - I have read varying opinions as to whether it's ok to wear them together - from what I gather, the rings will eventually show wear but takes a long time.

img_2002.jpg

img_2004.jpg

img_2009.jpg

img_2012.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few more lol

img_2013.jpg

img_2014.jpg

img_2017.jpg

img_2019.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring doesn't need a band but not that I see the pics, I must say I love the look. I like it that they don't sit flush which creates such a sophisticated not too matchy look :love: :love: :love:
Your ring is unbelievable :love:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I can't get over this setting. It makes your stone look amazing. I loved your previous setting, but I think this just really brings out all the facets of your stone and makes it pop. I love it with the band too! It's making me so impatient for mine!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before and after! - tried to get these side by side :confused:

img_2033.jpg

img_2035.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1379788172|3524831 said:
Your ring doesn't need a band but not that I see the pics, I must say I love the look. I like it that they don't sit flush which creates such a sophisticated not too matchy look :love: :love: :love:
Your ring is unbelievable :love:

Thank you for checking out the new pics, and for your opinion Acinom! I like the band with it too, better than when I first tried it on - and I actually like the gap! Thanks for the nice words, especially considering the absolutely amazing ring you are wearing these days!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That before and after is amazing!

I love it with a band too. Sets with gaps look so good to my eyes! You can see that they are two distinct rings instead of a big blob.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1379788678|3524837 said:
Junebug, I can't get over this setting. It makes your stone look amazing. I loved your previous setting, but I think this just really brings out all the facets of your stone and makes it pop. I love it with the band too! It's making me so impatient for mine!!!

Lia, I know I'm approaching "broken record" status, but I can't believe how different my stone looks in this setting - I always thought it was beautiful, but it's like it's come alive or something!

And I cannot wait to see your new setting!! It is going to be so fabulous - I know you must be going crazy waiting!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1379790635|3524861 said:
That before and after is amazing!

I love it with a band too. Sets with gaps look so good to my eyes! You can see that they are two distinct rings instead of a big blob.

Thanks Laila, I really like the gap too - funny, when I first came to PS I didn't - interesting how your tastes change as you're exposed to new ideas.

I've been dying to do a before and after ever since I got it! I will say, the halo looks bigger in the pic than in real life. It looks more delicate in person.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see I'm not alone - beautiful Simon G halo! And your OEC is OMG :love: Enjoy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jadie|1379793629|3524879 said:
Good to see I'm not alone - beautiful Simon G halo! And your OEC is OMG :love: Enjoy!

jadie, I don't know how I missed the thread about your ring! And it didn't come up when I searched for Simon G on PS - your ring is gorgeous! I saw that setting online and I think it is so pretty. I love the delicate halo. Simon G settings are such nice quality, aren't they? - nice to know another Simon G owner here on PS!

Thanks for the nice comments! :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk, thank you! So nice to see you posting again! :appl:

Thanks Iknvrb4!! I'm really enjoying it.

Confection, you are so nice, thank you! I honestly don't think I will ever suffer from DSS again! I"m very happy with my ring now.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, massive difference - looks like a totally different stone when you do the comparison pics and I love the delicate millegrain the whole thing is stunning!!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
LOVE it with a band! Love the gap!!!! It's AWESEOME together!!!! I think I'm gonna have to add this to my inspiration folder!!!
(Oh please post this beauty in the 2013 wedding set thread!!!!)

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness!!! That is truly stunning. It's large, of course, but also still delicate and classy.

I have to say, I sometimes get "halo'ed out" and start to miss solitaires, but I can honestly say that your reset is amazing. I LOVE this ring. It looks perfect on you! Congrats :love:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Junebug spectacular setting .. Makes me want a OEC

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning!!! :love: :love:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful, Junebug. I can't believe how ALIVE it looks in the new setting. It was always beautiful, but...my goodness! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks so much arkieb1, lisa1802, heididdi, Skippy, and justginger! Makes me feel great that you all like it! I'm actually starting to get used to it! :cheeky:

Bastetcat, thanks, I really like it with the band too! I don't know why I initially didn't - maybe I was just a bit overwhelmed with getting used to the ring lol. Thank you again for all your help on this, you've succeeded in bringing me over to the dark side hehe!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
I love your new ring with the band. I really think the gap is sexy and sophisticated (I'm currently the only person I know IRL who likes a gap - it's good to have PSers who feel the same way I do) and the delicate band is a nice compliment to your blingy e-ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like a gap too nowicanseethemoon - it accentuates both rings, instead of everything blending in all together.

Ok, just a few more pics...I know, I'm getting obnoxious but I'll calm down soon lol :halo:

img_2091.jpg

img_2093.jpg

img_2096.jpg

img_2097.jpg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the sideview mirror shot, and I love this ring on your hand--your hand is so beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KristinTech|1379906205|3525508 said:
I love the sideview mirror shot, and I love this ring on your hand--your hand is so beautiful!

Thank you KristinTech, you're very kind...I like the mirror shot too, it gives a better feel for how the ring looks IRL - the halo looks bigger in some of my pics than it appears in person. As for my hands...I'm obviously an older woman and have been working on trying to grow old gracefully and just accept the aging process yadda yadda yadda...but I swear my hands aren't as wrinkly as they look in some of these pics lol! So I really appreciate your comment about my hand!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new pics!!! Can you by any chance get a profile shot? I'd love to see the sides and gallery!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results