shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Simon G setting for my OEC!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I've got it...and the setting is gorgeous!! The detailing is beautiful and the milgrain is delicate - I'm really happy with the quality - but...I have to say...after all my calculating and measuring, this ring looks bigger on my hand than I thought it would! :-o This is going to take some getting used to!

I do love it - it's the most beautiful piece of jewelry I have ever owned - it looks awesome from a distance. And my diamond definitely looks bigger and the faceting is more apparent in the halo. Dreamer had said in my other thread that the optics of my stone would improve with a more enclosed setting, and she was right. The trade-off is that I feel the stone shows a bit more tint in certain lighting conditions due to the contrast with the melee. It doesn't bother me though, just something I noticed.

I kind of wish that the stone was set a tad lower...but then again I think it might help my diamond stand out from the halo. I'll live with it for a while and see how I feel.

I want to thank everyone who helped me out in my other thread - you are all the greatest! Oh, and of course a big thank you to bastetcat for basically picking out my setting for me! :lol:

img_1975.jpg

img_1980.jpg

img_1979.jpg

img_1984.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh! It is SPECTACULAR!! Talk about finger coverage Junebug! You will never get shrinkage again! Fabulous reset!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, your stone looks beautiful in it and HUGE ;)) Congratulations!

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
I love your setting (and your skinny thighs.........). Looks the perfect size to me!! Beautiful. Enjoy!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful Junebug and stunning on your elegant hand!!
The halo is so gorgeously made :love: and I love the accent on the shoulders.
I bet you cannot stop looking at it!!

I actually like it that your diamond is set a tad higher. It makes the stone pop!! And you have great finger coverage too!
This ring is one of my Pricescope favourites.
Enjoy and wear in good health!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Incredible!! It look so different in this setting - what a huge change!!! And that setting --- LOVE IT!! WOW!!! I love how it is so detailed and just well balanced in design.

FABULOUS finger coverage!! WHOA!! Its like your lower finger is missing and you have a giant diamond in its place!!! Congrats on choising such a beautiful setting!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1379609563|3523581 said:
Oh my gosh! It is SPECTACULAR!! Talk about finger coverage Junebug! You will never get shrinkage again! Fabulous reset!!!

Thank you so much Laila! I agree that I'm not ever going to suffer from DSS again (in fact, hopefully I can get used to this baby) - I just showed it to my daughter and said "It looks pretty big, doesn't it?" and she said "I think it looks really good...I don't think big is bad!" :D

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1379610382|3523585 said:
I love it, your stone looks beautiful in it and HUGE ;)) Congratulations!

Thanks bright ice, I really appreciate it! I'm amazed at how much bigger my diamond looks in this setting!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It is totally transformed!! Stunning - congratulations! :appl:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!!! :love:

I HAVE BEEN WAITING! It's so beautiful, I cannot even deal with it! You will never get DSS now, that's for sure!!!

Have you decided what band you're going to wear with it?

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
June, it is perfect, not too high, and this from someone who prefers a low set stone. You certainly met your goal of a nicely rounded look.
Wouldn't mind more pics. :lickout:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I also like that the stone sits up a bit- it's not too much, just enough that it really demands attention!! Beautiful!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOOOOOOW!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: What an amazing setting Junebug!!! I looooove it!!! It looks so beautiful and elegant and HUGE on your slim fingers :appl: And the stone is set perfectly, it's not high at all, it's just perfect :appl: Oh, great finger coverage!!! I love your ring girl ;))

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Excellent choice!!! It's a real beauty!! :love:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! You have some big bling there!! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Junebug, it is DIVINE!! I really love it and I do think it sets off the gorgeous facets of your stone better than the previous setting did. I don't think it's too high at all! I think it's PERFECT!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1379610692|3523592 said:
Your ring is beautiful Junebug and stunning on your elegant hand!!
The halo is so gorgeously made :love: and I love the accent on the shoulders.
I bet you cannot stop looking at it!!

I actually like it that your diamond is set a tad higher. It makes the stone pop!! And you have great finger coverage too!
This ring is one of my Pricescope favourites.
Enjoy and wear in good health!!

Thank you so very much for the nice comments Acinom! - I'm really glad you like it! :)) After wearing it for a while, I think the height is ok - to tell you the truth, I'm kind of afraid to mess around with it lol!

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Truly, truly gorgeous - the stone and the setting both. A great look on your hand.

Will you wear it with a band or not?

Enjoy and much happiness for you with this beautiful ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
by Alex T » 19 Sep 2013 17:57
Wow! It is totally transformed!! Stunning - congratulations!

Thanks Alex!! - this setting really is more flattering to my diamond - even my daughter noticed it was sparklier!

by liaerfbv » 19 Sep 2013 17:59
OMG!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN WAITING! It's so beautiful, I cannot even deal with it! You will never get DSS now, that's for sure!!!

Have you decided what band you're going to wear with it?

Thank you so much for sharing in my excitement Lia! I can't believe it's finally on my finger! You know, I'm not sure about a band - I kind of like it by itself, and the base of the ring is pretty wide. I haven't even tried a band with it yet, so I guess I should check that out!

by AnnaH » 19 Sep 2013 18:26
June, it is perfect, not too high, and this from someone who prefers a low set stone. You certainly met your goal of a nicely rounded look.
Wouldn't mind more pics

Thanks Anna!!! I'm beginning to think the height works with this style of setting. And you are so right - this setting really does round out my stone, and it looks so much better in low light conditions.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that ring is so pretty!! I love that shank detail! Lots more pictures please :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Junebug -- wow! That ring looks absolutely perfect on your finger! Wonderful reset, your OEC in its new home is stunning. I loved the old setting too, but sometimes a little more (or a lot more ;)) ) oomph is just the right thing. My guess is that you'll get used to the size pretty quickly and it will bring you tons of enjoyment!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your'e welcome Junebug!
This ring actually doesn't need a band. It's so stunning on its own. I love bands and stacks, but this ring should be the center of attention.
I keep coming back hoping you have posted more pics :naughty:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Junebug, your ring really turned out beautifully! I love how this setting brings out the facet pattern of your OEC. And the shank detail is very pretty too. :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Junebug, congratulations on your beautiful reset!!!! :appl:

The setting is stunning, it showcases your OEC perfectly-and let's not even get started on the awesome finger coverage! :love: :love: :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful reset!!! Everything about it is fabulous!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It's beautiful, amazing, perfect ... the faceting is incredible! It looks huge on your hand too, and so white and sparkly! Wear it in good health!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That setting is perfect for your stone!!! It looks great on you!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful! Looks like the perfect size for your slender fingers, and the halo is very interesting yet subtle. I love it.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous JuneBug!!!! I love SimonG settings and that is perfect with your amazing diamond :appl:
Such beautiful detail :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results