shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave Trinity is mine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope so for your sake!!! I hope you get all of your new clothes, etc. Soooooon!! That would drive me nuts.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally want them back but do not even want to think about who if anyone went through my stuff. Gross. It will all go to the dry cleaners or in the wash immediately!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How awful for you!! I hope you get your luggage back safely!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got it today. God knows where it has been. I am dry cleaning and washing all of it, even stuff I did not wear!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad its back safely! I would be cleaning everything too - just to be sure!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, it is just weird to wonder the journey they were on. Bags are not supposed to be on a plane without a passenger so I am not sure what happened. I am just glad I got my stuff back!!!!!Some of it was not really easily replaced. How US Air ended up with them I will never know but that is totally fine by me as long as I now have them back!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you got your bags back whoo hooo; how incredible stressful! We lost our bags once and I was a nervous wreck till we got them back!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really can be so upsetting. It is not like I had real jewelry in them, or any one item that was super expensive, BUT I still had lots of nice things and did want to get them back!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t blame you! The thought of someone else having the stuff that you chose and paid for would be dreadful!! I have never lost luggage, but if I did I would be very annoyed!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just tuning in...so sorry to hear you had so much trouble getting back! Argh! I"m glad you were able to get your bags back sae and sound...even though the contents will all need a good laundering. I''m guessing that the DF family may be looking into a private jet for the next vacay?!
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

So glad your received your bags back and nothing was missing either. I would have washed and dry cleaned everything too. Just the thought of strangers rummaging through my things. Ick!!!
14.gif

Linda P.S. Is your MIL there yet???

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline (I hope you don''t mind me calling you by your first name) I just re-read your Who''s Who thread. When you talk about your anxiety issues, it could be me talking. You always strike me as such a together person (not saying you aren''t!) but I always think people with anxiety are just like me. I often feel that my brain is conspiring against me and my head is all over the place. I love shopping just like you do, but I always have panic attacks when I am in a store. Its a long standing thing ever since I fainted in the post office when I was pregnant with my now 12 year old! I am good at online shopping though
9.gif

If I manage to get across the water I should come and see you - we can go shopping together! I will bring my paper bag just incase!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie, I would be honored!

I have raging GAD. The night before St. B I was a nutter and freaking out, had to take Xanax to survive the flight. Was okay here and there on the trip but any time I thought about the journey home I would start to make myself nuts. I have to forcefully re think things and try to get calm, but I am often in a spiral of nerves and cannot. I do not mind crowds too much, I go to stadiums etc, but since 9/11 I DO scan the crowd a bit more. I have friends who will not go to arenas or even go to NYC or anything they are so riled up. I do hate small spaces and tunnels though. I now have the worry of my oldest son driving and then leaving me to go to college. It seriously terrifies me though I did it myself back in the day.

Linda, the witch is HERE. I am seriously not happy. Her presence, her fake tone of voice, her annoying body language OMG I cannot stand the site of her. It is really bad. I have NO tolerance for her at all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2008 6:49:24 PM
Author: diamondfan

I have raging GAD. The night before St. B I was a nutter and freaking out, had to take Xanax to survive the flight. Was okay here and there on the trip but any time I thought about the journey home I would start to make myself nuts. I have to forcefully re think things and try to get calm, but I am often in a spiral of nerves and cannot. I do not mind crowds too much, I go to stadiums etc, but since 9/11 I DO scan the crowd a bit more. I have friends who will not go to arenas or even go to NYC or anything they are so riled up. I do hate small spaces and tunnels though. I now have the worry of my oldest son driving and then leaving me to go to college. It seriously terrifies me though I did it myself back in the day.

Linda, the witch is HERE. I am seriously not happy. Her presence, her fake tone of voice, her annoying body language OMG I cannot stand the site of her. It is really bad. I have NO tolerance for her at all.
eeeeek
32.gif
can you conveniently leave town. hehe

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sadly no. But she gets on my last nerve and I cannot wait til she leaves.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

She will be leaving shortly won''t she??? I hope so for your sake. What a horrible few days for you, after a relaxing wonderful vacation. Well.. except for the part of lost luggage.

BTW, I suffer from panic attacks too. It started when I was going through chemotherapy and has stayed with me ever since, lucky me. I almost didn''t get on the plane when we went to Germany a few years ago. My hubby and friends, literally pushed me on. The feeling is horrible isn''t it? I take medication for it.

I hope you have a lovely Mother''s Day tomorrow, despite the witch being there. I still picture her flying in on her broom. ha ha ha

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know! That is how I picture her.

Took her to Speed Racer last night and Ironman tonight. I LOVED both, Speed Racer really had no plot but thought Emile Hirsch was a cutie and the film, visually, was great. Ironman was great, LOVED Robert Downey Jr. soooo much and the effects are incredible. Thought she would hate them both as she is normally impossible about movies, never likes anything ever. But she claims she liked them. Of course my kids were raving so she was sort of stuck...but at least she was agreeable. She just really annoys the crap out of me.

My anxiety is driving me wild because I hate feeling controlled by it. Meds help, but I cannot walk around on meds all the time. So I wish I had a better answer as therapy does not seem to be working for me, and I have tried different types and different clinicians. I love my doctor now but feel I am spinning my wheels.

I can only imagine being panicked about chemo. Are you well now?!
36.gif
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother''s Day, DiamondFan/Caroline!!!
36.gif
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I hate sharing it with HER, she is so entitled, but I am just avoiding her.

She is gone tomorrow and I am out all day at an appt so YEA I am through the hump.

And the Bachelor is on tomorrow night, I have been enjoying this mindless crap so I am happy to see it!!! I am lame, I know!

How are you doing? Hope all is well with you!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
HeHe- I cannot imagine you with your MIL. To me you are this super nice, laid-back lady...And reading your post about your MIL (and the stress she causes) made me start to envision this large, beautiful house with one side occupied by you, your husband and kids, and on the other side, your MIL is yelling....
31.gif
Clearly, I am sure I am off base....but thats what it dancing my head as I type...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle, she is passive aggressive. She does not yell but is sneaky and acts like a child who was told NOT to do something and does it anyway. Then, when you nail her, she acts like she does not know what you are talking about. She is also getting senile and asks the same things over and over and over again but gets hostile if you tell her you already told her that. She is just a piece of work. Selfish, self involved, nasty. You would immediately want to choke her if you spent any time with her at all. What a NICE way to spend my day!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh DF, happy mother''s day! I just read through the whole thread, hoping for photos of the ring and the new bag. I cracked up reading about your MIL. Sounds a lot like my future FIL. It has been almost 8 years of dealing with him at this point, and I''m getting to the point of talking back to him too. He''s a very smart man, but he is getting older and I can see some screws coming loose. I try to bear with him because I can imagine how awful it would feel to lose my mind, but when he gets mean...I cannot hold back.

I''m so glad you got back home safely, and that your bags are safe and sound. Although it is hard to do, FI encourages me to fit everything into a carry-on size bag. It eases my anxiety about losing my favorite things because my bag is with me at all times, and it also minimizes anxiety about what to pack the night before (I only have so much space, so I have to bring the bare minimum). Somehow I managed to do this for a 7 day trip to Ukraine in the summer. A 10 day trip to Switzerland in the winter though, impossible!

Ok, so once the witch is gone...pictures please!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown, I do try to be patient but 18 plus years has worn me down!

I do try to pack lightly, but find it is almost impossible. I always and I mean always overpack. I had stuff in the bag this last trip that I did not even unpack. And I thought I was being soooo minimalistic. I am just glad I got it back. I was seriously having heart failure.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh by the sound of it, I would have been worn down by the witch too! I hope your liquor cabinet is stocked while she''s there (and I mean for you, not for her. It sounds like she''s had enough).
martini.gif

Speaking of the devil, where is she now?
fence.gif
It is mother''s day after all. Have you seen that movie with Jennifer Lopez and Jane Fonda? Haha...that''s what I''m imagining is going on in your house right now. Ok, I have to run off to return a few things...hopefully the stores aren''t closed yet. I''m going to sneak off in hopes that we don''t wake up your MIL.
creepaway3.gif

P.S. Can you tell I just discovered all these fun emoticons?!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monster in Law is sort of on track. Mine mother in law is not as lovely as Jane Fonda though. I just have a hard time getting over all the crap she has done and continues to do. I try NOT to hold a grudge but honestly she continues to button push so it is hard. But that movie, with the sneaky and manipulative stuff is exactly what she is like.

I love the emoticons, wish I had them on my emails! The ones that do all sorts of cute things just kill me.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2008 6:49:24 PM
Author: diamondfan

How does your husband deal with your anxiety? If I have a full blown panic attack Gary is a great help. However, he told me the other day that its really wearing him down how I feel ill all the time. He said I''m not much fun to be around anymore. I was so upset. I hate this anxiety disorder. I need to find a way to pull myself round, but it just feels so hard. I feel weak most of the time and have little or no energy. I wonder if I need to start exercising to make my body stronger.... Its like my anxiety takes all my energy.

I know I am not much fun to be around. I used to be a great laugh and always running round doing stuff. Now I''m lucky if I make it out of the house. I don''t feel depressed though. In fact my daughter got really mad with Gary for saying I''m no fun because she is always laughing with me. Maybe he is just going off me. That would be awful
7.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby struggles too sometimes, he feels he cannot get what is up. I try to tell him I have chronic health issues and anxiety, and I do not mean to be tough but some days are hard. I still love to laugh and have a good time, I enjoy lots of things, but some days are more difficult than others. I am also not depressed but it is hard for doctors to grasp that. They just want to give you antidepressants because that is the automatic thing to do. I hate feeling like this but I am trying to get past it, it just is hard when no one really gets how you are feeling.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are so right. Thats why I never speak to my doctor about this anymore. They would love to shove me on anti depressants and forget about me. I honestly feel so full of life sometimes and I want to do lots of exciting things. Then my throat will feel tight, or my tongue will tingle or I will feel dizzy and thats me back on the sofa again.

One day they will be able to do brain transplants... I will be first in line for a normal one!
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie and Caroline,

Please listen. If you both suffer from panic and anxiety attacks, you both really should be taking medication.

I was just like both of you. I could not go into a restaurant at all. If it was crowded, I was a gonner. Rick and I would sit down and there it would begin. I would start to sweat, fell like I was going to throw up, pass out. I literally would have to get up and walk out and end up sitting on the curb in front of the restaurant. It was terrible.

If your doctor suggests anti-depressants, it isn''t because you are depressed. The medication is to treat panic attack disorders. That is what I am on. My best friend is worse then I am and also takes meds.

The disorder is also hereditary. Does anyone in your family suffer from it? My cousin (a male) will not cross a bridge, especially the Golden Gate Bridge. His first attack, he literally stopped his car and got out, he thought he was going to faint. The big lunk head will not see a dr. for this disorder. Instead, he depends on his wife to drive over bridges with him, but he can''t drive himself. He lost out years and years ago, on a great job, as he would have had to cross the gold gate bridge.

I don''t mean to preach to both of you just looking after the both of you like a mother I guess
9.gif

But, please re-think your options, medications have helped me 100%. I now enjoy my life, can get on an airplane, go into a restaurant and NO panic attacks.

Like I told Caroline, mine began when I was going through chemotherapy, something triggered them, but now they are gone.

Love,
Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I rely on my Xanax which does help.

Crowds and bridges do not really bother me. Traveling (planes, being in weird places etc) and my health and my kids are what get me. I dislike heights and I also hate small spaces like little elevators and I would never go in a mine shaft!

The xanax really does help but I hate to take it all of the time, as it can make me feel foggy.

I now try not to tell hubby all the stuff that worries me as I think it worries him too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results