shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave Trinity is mine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your advice Linda. I don''t think you are preaching. I suppose I want to learn to combat these attacks by myself. I have done it before. I was attack free for ages. That was when I met my husband, which is why he is struggling so much with me now.

I am a carrier of something called Fragile X Syndrome. Women carriers seem to have more anxiety problems. Its been a shock to me that its something I might have to deal with my whole life. I am scared to take medication too. My sister took prozac and tried to kill herself.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have heard bad things about Prozac. I hope you will be better Maisie, they are NOT any fun.

Love, Linda

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Linda. I trust God. I won''t have to go through anything I can''t deal with.
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have been dealing with panic and anxiety for many years now. I have a particular problem with driving and flying. At one point, I was agoraphobic, but that has largely subsided. I do take medication, but it hasn't caused a signifcant remission in symtoms. I also have a complex medical situaton and am in chronic pain. I am exhausted from trying to cope with these difficulties. I truly have tried everything. My DH is patient and understanding and I give him periodic updates. I won't tell him how bad things are on a daily basis. This is something that he can't fix and it makes him feel helpless...me, too.

DF~I'm sorry to threadjack, but I hope you will understand...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Risingsun,

If your medication isn''t working anymore, please tell your doctor. I had to change meds last summer. I was immune to mine. She changed mine and what a difference. You can get immune to your meds if you are on them for awhile.

Linda

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have been on a variety of anti-depressant meds and benzos for more challlenging episodes. I need to find a new doc, but I have a professional relationship with most of the psychiatrists in my area. We refer patients to each other. Because of my driving phobia, it's difficult for me to look outside of my "safety zone." I've been in this Catch-22 situation and trying to find a way out.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, no worries! I already jacked my own thread!

I am happy for this to be about anything that feels right at the moment!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean. I am so glad I found a med that helps me. It got to be so bad, I didn''t go anywhere and missed out on a lot of nice dinners with friends in restaurants. It was soooooo bad I got myself all in a tizzy, before I even went out of the house. I worried that I would get a panic attack, so I just stayed home. It was awful.

Now, I can go anywhere and do anything, without getting one. Hooooooray.

The Germany trip was awful. I literally sat on the floor at the airport, because I was afraid I was going to pass out. I was a mess getting on the plane. Over in Germany I was OK, all the excitement. I was OK in Austria too. Coming home on the plane I was fine. Just the anticipation of 11 hours in the air.

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this will help anyone, but my Dad is on Abilify, and it''s helping him a lot. He''s on the lowest dose and takes Xanax as necessary.

Caroline,
Sorry about your MIL. Hang in there!!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
SHE LEFT!!!!

Called THREE times in an hour from the airport, and called hubby''s assistant TWICE. Oy vey. She also left her gloves so I am sure I will get multiple calls about them. But I have my house back, YEAH!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for her leaving. Man she does sound like quite the tweaker. I''d have shot myself by now.
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear she is gone, Caroline! Who needs that???!!!

All I can say to you girls is that I'd like to give you all a hig. Our son suffers greatly with an anxiety disorder and it has been a problem for years. He has tried many medications with little relief. They won't give someone his age Xanax due to the abuse potential. He had terrible problems with alcohol to self medicate. He has been better recently and the doctor just started him on Lexapro. I won't go into details here, but he is in a real crisis at the moment. I come to PriceScope sometimes to escape reality. It's a safe happy place to be.

But I just wanted to tell you girls with anxiety problems how much I feel your pain and pray that you find some relief.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, all I can say is hubby pays the price!

I am sorry about your son, DS. I hope all is well now that he is getting some help. There is nothing worse than having your child suffer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Caroline. I always have hope for better days ahead.

To change to a happier topic, we still haven''t seen your ring!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, I am so sorry about your son. HUGS to you and prayers for your son.
12.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, Lisa! I needed that hug (and definitely the prayers)!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, Lisa and I are hoping to get together. We both have a few goodies to showcase and I suck at pictures. We just have to find some time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ll look forward to seeing the new additions to your collections, then!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marian, I meant for you to have no worries about threadjacks! :)

I was in Rome last summer, and in London. At one point in London, we had ducked into a McDonalds to get a soda as it was hot. We called home and my little one started to cry as we had gone to take our older two to camp and left to go to London from there. He sort of realized we were gone, and he freaked. I was sitting in this McD''s having a panic attack and crying that his last memory would be us all leaving him if something happened to us. It took me a while to calm down.

Then, the night before flying home, hubby said the flight was NINE hours. I flipped and spent the whole night sitting on a towel on the marble floor of the bathroom reading and trying to calm down. Read a great book and just kept reading. Barely slept. Got to the airport and saw armed guards with machine guns patrolling above my head on a catwalk. Then saw a line of hundreds of people, literally, and thought we had to get in that line. Luckily we were in first class and there were only a couple of people in line. The lines to get through security were awful too...and I just wanted to get HOME. It is terrible to feel that desperation and fear. I almost cry with relief when we land, and I am impossible while we are traveling. I tell hubby to shut up sometimes because I cannot stand to talk to anyone.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my grandmother is passive aggressive. My Mom (and I) cannot stand her...It would probably be easier if she was a yeller :) Better than sneaky/fake....

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, I am so sorry to read about your son. I, too, hope he has better days ahead for him.

Caroline: When I used to have panic attacks, I used to ask my husband to please not talk to me too. Talking to me, only made it worse. He thought it would help, but it didn''t. I just needed quiet around me. Not jibber jabber.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and I forgot to say: I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad your MIL is GONE GONE GONE. Now you can have peace and quiet.
9.gif

Linda

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
DF~Cheers that your m-i-l is gone. Thanks for sharing your story with me.
Linda~Thank you for all of your good advice!
Dealing with chronic anxiety and panic is so difficult for all of us. I''ve gotten better with the generalized anxiety, but have had anticipatory anxiety that can knock me to my knees. My world has gotten so much smaller in my efforts to avoid a panic attack. Nice talk from a therapist
14.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 12:24:53 PM
Author: Linda W
Oh and I forgot to say: I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad your MIL is GONE GONE GONE. Now you can have peace and quiet.
9.gif

Linda
Me too; I am glad she is gone, whoo!
35.gif
36.gif

It is good that people are talking about anxiety; I have a good friend who suffers from it and OCD and she felt sooo alone because she thought that only very few people go through it (since no one she knows talks about it or understands her). I told her that no, lots of people do. It is good to know that people are not alone; I should show her this thread.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is the issue with the anxiety. I am not in the moment and cannot fully enjoy NOW. Which stinks.
I also have chronic pain issues which are making me crabby too. I am thrilled it seems to be nothing serious but I am not feeling my best.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 11:49:23 PM
Author: diamondfan
That is the issue with the anxiety. I am not in the moment and cannot fully enjoy NOW. Which stinks.
I also have chronic pain issues which are making me crabby too. I am thrilled it seems to be nothing serious but I am not feeling my best.
Hugs I am sorry; I hope they can find something for fibromyalgia. It sounds like lots of people suffer from it and I wish they could find something for people to find releif.

ETA: I am sorry Linda. I hope you feel better soon too!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

I hope your pain issues go away soon. I have them also. I am in remission for awhile, then I have a relapse. It is really hard to deal with isn''t it??? It is really hard for me to walk at times and being out in the sun, is almost impossible.

We are always here for you, my friend.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you to my sweet gals!

Had a horrific test this morning, on 2 hours sleep. Had to be a doc''s office at 7:45 am. OMG it was one hour of torture. But all is fine from a nerve and muscle standpoint which is very reassuring.

I have such achiness and pain, and muscle stiffness. Some mornings I can barely get myself out from the bed. It takes a while for me to feel right.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 11:56:30 PM
Author: diamondfan
Thank you to my sweet gals!

Had a horrific test this morning, on 2 hours sleep. Had to be a doc''s office at 7:45 am. OMG it was one hour of torture. But all is fine from a nerve and muscle standpoint which is very reassuring.

I have such achiness and pain, and muscle stiffness. Some mornings I can barely get myself out from the bed. It takes a while for me to feel right.
Oh no, I hate hate getting up early for something I can''t miss when I don''t get sleep. I am sorry, that sounds awful; glad you are find out a bit more (I hope they figure it out soon). Do you have more testing to do? I hope you sleep well tonight and can sleep in.
12.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No sleeping in...but hopefully more sleep tonight!

I have done a lot of tests, MRI''s, blood tests, EMGS etc, so not sure what is next. Going to see the rheumatologist who is a fibromyalgia expert so hope that gives some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results