shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave Trinity is mine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too. Caroline you are to nice a person with a generous and kind heart, to have to put up with this crapola.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are so nice! I feel some guilt for my anger, but she is like an allergen. I cannot help but react in her presence. She would make Mother Theresa and Ghandi commit homicide. The simplest of things become monumental with her, nothing pleases her and she lives to be nasty. That is the honest truth. I gave up trying (and trust me I DID try for years) a long time ago when I realized NOTHING, even doing ALL she asked, was going to make her nice or happy or pleasant to deal with. The snobbiness and entitled attitude kill me.
And I think she will be the bald one if I cannot go in my room and lock the door...but even then she pounds and pounds on it and has my housekeeper page me on the intercom! She comes in to the room if I do not LOCK the door. There is no escape!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! she pounds on your door?? Now that woman is insane. Seriously, I think she does, what she does, just to bug you.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to slip her some for sure. Yep, no joke, she pounds on it til we come to the door, I learned to LOCK it as otherwise she just comes on in, if we are dressing or showering no matter, in she comes. She is like a disobedient kid looking to get her way.

Finally made it into Gustavia today, and got a gorgeous bag, the Mahina, from Louis Vuitton. I got the bronze which is really more a pewter shade, really neat with perforations. Had to come home with something!

Hermes had this weird short Birkin, like half of it was cut off. No thanks. They had the Bollide in gold, for 6000.00 and I just do not need that one here, they have those in King of Prussia all of the time. You can walk in and buy one. With the exchange rate I am not paying more for something that is not hard to get in the US. He said next week he might have some Birkins but he was not sure. It is a tiny store but they get stuff in, you just need to be here. I am sure he would call me if he got one, but with the Euro at 1.50 to the US dollar it is not worth it to me to get it here.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

Your bag sounds beautiful and I am sure you will get a lot of use out of it. I love getting new bags. I wouldn''t want to pay more for one either.

Your MIL seriously has something wrong with her. She has a screw loose.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, you have no idea. If she were eccentric but kind and benevolent I could deal. But no, she is a pill. Walks around with an "I just sucked a lemon" face and never tries at all to be nice or pleasant. Really looking forward to her visit, can''t you tell? I may have to leave A LOT.

Just came from dinner at the Eden Rock. 500.00 US dollars, two apps, two entrees, one GLASS of Pinot Noir, two bottles of Pellegrino. NO dessert, NO coffee or tea. Freaking outrageous what is happening with our dollar. But it was yummy...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 10:47:12 PM
Author: diamondfan
Just came from dinner at the Eden Rock. 500.00 US dollars, two apps, two entrees, one GLASS of Pinot Noir, two bottles of Pellegrino. NO dessert, NO coffee or tea. Freaking outrageous what is happening with our dollar. But it was yummy...
The dollar does suck; it make you realize how bad it is when you are outside the country. I didn't realize how pricey eating out would be until we were actually we had to pay for a meal
23.gif
Glad it was delcious
9.gif

Whooo hooo to the new handbag, what color?? Sorry your MIL is going out to see you that sucks
14.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 10:52:28 PM
Thing, I take stuff out, I go through outfits and what our plans are, and I STILL come home with stuff I did not even touch. Yikes.

Sorry I missed this-I try to check the Jewelry thread now but it''s not a habit yet! I do exactly the same thing. Sometimes I plan it, still take stuff out, and I usually bring at least 1/3 too many outfits. But it''s better than not having enough. I''ve been on some trips where there wasn''t anything I wanted to buy, so I figure I can''t always count on getting a new outfit when I get there!

Sounds like you''re having a great time, and I imagine you need to relax before a weekend with your crazy MIL! Yikes-I can''t even believe the stuff she does. I know she''s your husband''s mom, but I think you''re a saint to even allow her in your home!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Caroline, that is outrageous!!! 500.00 for dinner for 2. Geeez.
14.gif

I''m glad you are having a wonderful time though. You certainly deserve it.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skip, LV calls it bronze but it is really more pewter. It is on their site under Mahina. I think it also comes in black, an off white and a silver which is not as muted as the one I got. I love it, it is a bag that the boutiques are getting a limited quantity on, if I recall. It is a really neat color. Hermes was a bust, the Bollide is nice, but I can so easily get it at home, and I never have done so, so I feel like though I like the bag, it is not essential to me to have now and pay more for it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2008 7:43:11 PM
I would like to slip her some for sure. Yep, no joke, she pounds on it til we come to the door, I learned to LOCK it as otherwise she just comes on in, if we are dressing or showering no matter, in she comes. She is like a disobedient kid looking to get her way.

Finally made it into Gustavia today, and got a gorgeous bag, the Mahina, from Louis Vuitton. I got the bronze which is really more a pewter shade, really neat with perforations. Had to come home with something!

Hermes had this weird short Birkin, like half of it was cut off. No thanks. They had the Bollide in gold, for 6000.00 and I just do not need that one here, they have those in King of Prussia all of the time. You can walk in and buy one. With the exchange rate I am not paying more for something that is not hard to get in the US. He said next week he might have some Birkins but he was not sure. It is a tiny store but they get stuff in, you just need to be here. I am sure he would call me if he got one, but with the Euro at 1.50 to the US dollar it is not worth it to me to get it here.
I know the ones you mean, a shoulder Birkin, I don''t like them personally, much prefer the traditional Birkin and I am not fond of Bolides either. The new baggie sounds lovely though!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
L, you are right. It was the shoulder birkin. It was a dark brown. Just was not appealing to me, honestly, I would not get it just to get it. They had a neat color in the Bollide, not biscuit, but a more chestnut shade, not as dark as the Gold but really pretty.

Hubby having a massage now, and I do not like the book I am reading! (already read two Bill Bryson books which I adored and was chuckling out loud to late last night!)

It is a bit cloudier today but it should clear.

They have some amazing stores here but they are tiny! Hermes is the size of a closet, as is Cartier and Chopard. Vuitton and Dior have more space. I did not venture into Dior as I just bought a bag before I left and have one on hold at Saks. Tods closed here, I have not been in a few years but it was here last time I was.

Even the little no name stores have awesome stuff. Great beach bags in raffia with shells on them, great little flats with jeweled designs, embroidered tunics in that sheer gauze to wear over shorts or a bathing suit with flat sandals...everything here is so nice.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/3/2008 12:02:53 PM
L, you are right. It was the shoulder birkin. It was a dark brown. Just was not appealing to me, honestly, I would not get it just to get it. They had a neat color in the Bollide, not biscuit, but a more chestnut shade, not as dark as the Gold but really pretty.

Hubby having a massage now, and I do not like the book I am reading! (already read two Bill Bryson books which I adored and was chuckling out loud to late last night!)

It is a bit cloudier today but it should clear.

They have some amazing stores here but they are tiny! Hermes is the size of a closet, as is Cartier and Chopard. Vuitton and Dior have more space. I did not venture into Dior as I just bought a bag before I left and have one on hold at Saks. Tods closed here, I have not been in a few years but it was here last time I was.

Even the little no name stores have awesome stuff. Great beach bags in raffia with shells on them, great little flats with jeweled designs, embroidered tunics in that sheer gauze to wear over shorts or a bathing suit with flat sandals...everything here is so nice.
I don''t know...the shoulder Birkins just look odd to me!! That is a shame that Tods closed, I really like their loafers!

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time and I am so glad!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
L, I was surprised too, in the States Tods does pretty well. I like their shoes and some of their bags too.

the dinner floored me. We did not have a bottle of wine, nor did we have sodas, desserts, etc. It really goes to show you how pricey this weak dollar makes things in regard to traveling. I recall going to Europe years ago and the dollar was strong. It made such a difference.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

I would love those gauze tunics, but I never know if I am too old to wear some things.
9.gif
My girlfriend and I were discussing that last night. At our age, we don''t want to appear to dress to young, but don''t want to look like an typical grandma either, ha ha ha ha ha. I don''t feel my age, nor do I look it, or so I have been told.
3.gif
I also love the jeweled thong sandals to, I have been seeing.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not feel too old for some of it. I am not in thong bikinis or see thru stuff, so I think it can look nice if done well. I love white capris in summer, or white jeans. I wear the capris with jeweled sandals and the jeans with a wedge. I like to put those tunics on top. Tory Burch makes some nice ones. Mystique makes great sandals with gems, and not a fortune. I discovered them at a resort one year, in their boutique. I have metallic snake, and some with turqouise or jet colored stones with clear crystals around them. They dress up anything and I live in them all summer. I think you can be chic without being too trendy, it just depends on how you piece it all together.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Carolyn,

I love the Mystique sandals. I just looked them up. They are really cute. I am going to have to get a pair of those.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
which ones do you like? they are really pretty...and not hard to wear.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
DF glad your having a relaxing holiday the resort looks lovely.
You have described one of my summer looks! I wear white jeans or capris with caftans. It was a big look here a few years but not so much but i think it is classic and I will revisit it next summer.
Love the mystique sandals
30.gif
. I have few jeweled thongs and sandals but i find they can be uncomfortable. The mystique ones look comfy.
Where do you buy them in the USA. I might get some when i am over there or else try to buy on line.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I buy them at a local boutique in Bryn Mawr. I also buy them anywhere on line I can get them, and also I find them when I am on vacation. They are not uncomfortable to me at all. I think white capris with a tank and tunic over the tank if the tunic is sheer with flat jeweled sandals is such an elegant easy look. It works in almost any place I have gone to. At night I might wear an embellished tunic and keep the sandal metallic without stones.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 2:35:05 PM
Author: Linda W
Caroline,

I would love those gauze tunics, but I never know if I am too old to wear some things.
9.gif
My girlfriend and I were discussing that last night. At our age, we don''t want to appear to dress to young, but don''t want to look like an typical grandma either, ha ha ha ha ha. I don''t feel my age, nor do I look it, or so I have been told.
3.gif
I also love the jeweled thong sandals to, I have been seeing.

Linda

DF, I''d love to be down there. It sounds so nice and relaxing, well, except for the outrageous dinner. But at least it was yummy!
Linda, you can wear the tunics. I''m 53 and just today wore an aqua sheerish one with white ankle pants to a lakeside party. Looked fine and I even got a few compliments.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/3/2008 6:12:45 PM
I do not feel too old for some of it. I am not in thong bikinis or see thru stuff, so I think it can look nice if done well. I love white capris in summer, or white jeans. I wear the capris with jeweled sandals and the jeans with a wedge. I like to put those tunics on top. Tory Burch makes some nice ones. Mystique makes great sandals with gems, and not a fortune. I discovered them at a resort one year, in their boutique. I have metallic snake, and some with turqouise or jet colored stones with clear crystals around them. They dress up anything and I live in them all summer. I think you can be chic without being too trendy, it just depends on how you piece it all together.
Mystique has beautiful sandals!!! I can see why you live in them all summer, they are fun and so pretty.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do love them. They are so gorgeous and really comfy too.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Had a really tough travel day. Had to leave all my luggage except my carry tote and new purse in St. Barths as the little island plane that was supposed to take us to St. Martin did not come. A few of us needed to get over to St. Martin to catch other flights. They stuck us in the tiniest commuter plane that had NO cargo room and it was that or not get home yesterday. Our bags, we think, are now in Paris as the moron at the counter put the wrong tags on it, but you could not get a truthful answer out of anyone there.

I had all new Tory Burch clothes in there, tunics, dresses, cardigans, along with 5 pairs of Tory Burch sandals, one Kotur clutch, two Tory Burch clutches, two Rafe clutches, all brand new. Two of my favorite bathing suits, Juicy terry cover ups and two pairs of my favorite Felina pj''s. My cosmetic tote had new Bobbi Brown snap in modules and an entire set of Napoleon Perdis brushes that cost 400.00 that I bought a couple of weeks ago for travel!!!! I am NOT pleased right now. All I can say is I hope my bag has a nice trip to Paree and comes home soon. I am trying not to think of people rifling through my things.

We realized that we have to come up with an alternate way off getting OFF the island, getting there is much easier but getting out is a pain. We did have a nice customs woman, only paid a small duty on my bag. She explained the exemptions and deductions and that we qualified for a flat rate of 3% on 1500.00 US dollars, half the total of the bag. She could have been not nice and nicked us. At least we were honest. She told us if you go past 2000.00 US with the exemptions, you get charged a 14% rate. On an Hermes bag that would be nasty.

Hubby, who travels all over for business, and has done Australia and China for a weekend during deals, said it was the most horrendous day for traveling he has had in a while. I had a great trip but yesterday was not great, and I just wanted to get home so badly by that point I wanted to scream and cry.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, you poor thing! I hope you''re home and able to put your feet up for a while... while you wait for your belongings, that is!
40.gif
Crossing my fingers for you that it all arrives safe and sound!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline dear,

I hope by today, you are able to come home. What a horrible way to end your lovely trip. I would have a major headache by now.

Hugs to you my friend.

Linda

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hope you had a bit more of a relaxing day
38.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, after trying to track these bags, US Air called tonight to say somehow they have them, at Philly airport. Now, we did not fly US Air home, and I am mystified. Got the guy''s name, he is couriering the bags to us tomorrow. YEAH. I will check for all my stuff.

Not sure but I know just in shoes and clutches I had 2000.00 at least in that bag. Not to mention clothes, make up, make up brushes, some nice costume bangles, phone chargers, etc...I just hope it is all there!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do too Caroline, not to add to your stress, when does your MIL arrive.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thursday. So far she seems to be having a nice time in NY seeing old friends, so I hope that puts her in a nice frame of mind. But you never know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results