shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave Trinity is mine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t stink! Hubby left in the middle of a deal and is on the phone and computer a lot since we got here, but I am reading and having my coffee so it is fine...stores are closed anyway so the town is very quiet...we are up on a hill overlooking the water and it is peaceful.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

I can''t wait to hear what you purchase in St. Bart''s. I hear the shopping is wonderful!!!

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, unless Hermes has what I want I am not really going to buy much. All the same stuff as the US with a crappy Euro. And just getting the ring Tuesday I cannot be too unfair, as I have been a good consumer at home lately! It kills me to spend more on something here than I would at home, so I would only do so if I find the gold Birkin with palladian hardware...a needle in a haystack for sure. This Hermes sells a lot and tends to have a depleted inventory as we are here at the end of the high season...boo. But I am not complaining. Hubby has been very generous so I am not in a position to be too upset!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2008 11:12:51 AM
Author: diamondfan
Well, unless Hermes has what I want I am not really going to buy much. All the same stuff as the US with a crappy Euro. And just getting the ring Tuesday I cannot be too unfair, as I have been a good consumer at home lately! It kills me to spend more on something here than I would at home, so I would only do so if I find the gold Birkin with palladian hardware...a needle in a haystack for sure. This Hermes sells a lot and tends to have a depleted inventory as we are here at the end of the high season...boo. But I am not complaining. Hubby has been very generous so I am not in a position to be too upset!!!
Ooooh!!! I so hope they have your Birkin...!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I may not even venture in. I am on the list back home for it, and feel that to ask him to spend 8000.00 to 10,000.00 dollars this week is insane. I totally doubt they have it realistically but with the Euro and duty too it might be silly to deal with it here...though one never knows.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

Are you and hubby going to do any water activities while there?? I know my hubby would go snorkeling, not me though. Any dinner cruises you will be going on?? We went on one in Mexico and I got sea sick of all things.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really sure if there are tours like that here. There is snorkeling I am sure, but we are up on a hill overlooking the sea not on beachfront as we were the last time we came. One can certainly go to a number of lovely beaches, but for me, to trek there, find parking, have to use public restrooms...and not have my room nearby is a bit much. We were trying this hotel this time to see how we like it, as we love to see the water and take a dip if it is warm, but I am not a sit all day on the beach type. I like to be on the sand but in the shade, being served cold drinks. I get too hot and hate the blaring sun on me. This hotel is more secluded, you can stay in your villa and never see another soul. Good for honeymooners!

There are loads of private yachts in the bay. Not sure if there are companies with boats that one can charger privately for the night...but I do tend to get a bit boat sick if it is at all choppy. I hate being stuck out there bobbing around endlessly. I am a terra firma kind of girl.

We plan to just take it easy, read, sleep in, stroll around Gustavia, have nice dinners on the later side (as opposed to Deer Valley, our last trip, Spring break with kids, getting them up early to ski and eating at 6:30 pm!!!)

Should be nice, the weather is lovely and I am able to sit and read and drink my iced tea in lovely solitude.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds wonderful!!!!! Just gazing at the blue water is soooooooooo relaxing.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I packed so lightly that I meant to grab my little compact digital but got so busy I did not get it out. Hubby normally remembers it, but think he did not either. I am a bit lax on about photos on trips without the kids. We were also here before so it was less pressing to me.

The hotel is Le Toiny and they have a web site if you want to get some idea...it might have some overall information about the island if you are really bored!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG your hotel is beautiful. Do you have your own pool too??

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes. It is not a huge pool, but wonderful to dip into to. This spot is super secluded. good thing hubby and I like each other right now!!!! though he is on the phone so much with this business thing that I am not really getting a lot of time with him! His mom is supposed to be coming to us this coming week...so I need to relax and rejuvinate all I can now!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is not something I would look forward too. How long is she staying with you. I would want to stay where you are, until she leaves. HA!!!!! Can I send you my supply of migraine medication for next week.
9.gif

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is coming in and going to NY first, and then on to us. Not long in days but I am sure will FEEL long. I also get her on Mother''s day...gag.

I just refilled my fiorcet but thanks so much!!!! I tell you I may have to retire to my bedchamber with a sick headache. I feel one coming on as soon as she touches East coast soil...I envision the flying witch from the Wizard of Oz hurtling here on her broomstick ready to cause a commotion. Oh how fun. Think that is why hubby gave me the trinity ring so early...he could have gotten it and put it in his safe til August...but figured it would not hurt for me to have it now!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sitting here cracking up. That is how I envision my MIL too, flying in on her broomstick. That is so funny.

I have to see her some time this summer.
14.gif
She is flying out for our nieces wedding. The last time we saw or spoke to her was 6 years ago, at another wedding. I know as soon as we make eye contact, the dirty looks will begin. UGH!!!

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2008 2:31:21 PM
She is coming in and going to NY first, and then on to us. Not long in days but I am sure will FEEL long. I also get her on Mother''s day...gag.

I just refilled my fiorcet but thanks so much!!!! I tell you I may have to retire to my bedchamber with a sick headache. I feel one coming on as soon as she touches East coast soil...I envision the flying witch from the Wizard of Oz hurtling here on her broomstick ready to cause a commotion. Oh how fun. Think that is why hubby gave me the trinity ring so early...he could have gotten it and put it in his safe til August...but figured it would not hurt for me to have it now!
OMG, ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT a visual!!!!
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yuck. Can you eye roll her immediately and then ignore her?

I am sooo nasty to mine now. She starts on me the moment she appears. I used to be sooooo nice and suck it up and just smile. Occasionally I would tell her to knock it off. Now, she starts in and we are off to the races! I refuse to sit in MY home and be treated like that. She thinks she can get away with it cause she is old and his mother, but I have stopped letting her be vile to all in my home. She is so phony and fake on top of being a bit whacked. She is good for entertainment value though.

Oddness and getting older would not bother me but she is snotty and mean and obnoxious and feels entitled and just does not have any sense of how she appears. I am not by nature intolerant or unforgiving but think 18 years plus is ENOUGH.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
There will be a lot of people there, so I won''t have to be around her at all. She stays with my hubby ''s brother and his wife. When she gives me dirty looks, I feel like a 5 year old and want to stick my tongue out at her HA!!

I feel bad for you. Come on out to California and stay with us, while she is there.
9.gif

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like nothing more!

But hubby thinks it is not a lot to ask, a few days a few times a year...but hey...he does not know what she gets like. He is used to the insanity.

Due to her recent hospital visit travel may not be good, I can only hope. Hubby is calling her to see if she is up to it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
For your sake, I hope she says no.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amen to that sister but she IS coming. ARRGGHHH. You will hear my screams from here!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo. Maybe I will see the streak of black smoke following behind her broomstick from here, ha ha ha. Oh no wait, that will be my MIL coming. At least mine isn''t staying with us, she never will again either.

How long will you be having the pleasure of her company???

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Great picture Michelle.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a few days mercifully, but it includes Mother''s Day. Not getting her anything though! I know hubby pays for her to fly first class and is paying for NY hotels and trains and a car service to get her to and from airports and train stations. That is enough in my book.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2008 10:28:14 AM
Just a few days mercifully, but it includes Mother''s Day. Not getting her anything though! I know hubby pays for her to fly first class and is paying for NY hotels and trains and a car service to get her to and from airports and train stations. That is enough in my book.
Oh yikes!!! I will be HOPING she will change her mind!!!!
32.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No such luck. Hubby nicely told her if she is unwell to please not press herself as it will be tough for all of us. She said she feels fine, but with her, these issues keep coming up and no doctor can explain them. So she could get here, and having eaten something in NY that does not agree with her, we could end up in the ER again. Hubby will have to deal. I resigned a long time ago!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just hope then, if her joining you is inevitable, that she behaves herself!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

She has no reason to complain whatsoever. Your hubby is very good to her. Flies her first class, pays for everything. He spoils her, let''s see if she is nice this time, but we won''t hold our breath. HA!!!

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trust me, the nicer he is the WORSE she is. Her sense of entitlement knows no bounds. No matter what is done for her she complains and bitches. We pay for first class and she manages to tell everyone SHE flies it and it is just terrible. She complains as if she were spending her own money, and carries on like they are personally awful to her. Well, she is not paying, and if it stinks, go back to coach, it costs me less and the bitching is the still the same. might as well save money if I have to listen to crap anyway!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank God, she is only staying with you for a few days, instead of 2 weeks. I would be bald from pulling my hair out.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2008 12:49:58 PM
Trust me, the nicer he is the WORSE she is. Her sense of entitlement knows no bounds. No matter what is done for her she complains and bitches. We pay for first class and she manages to tell everyone SHE flies it and it is just terrible. She complains as if she were spending her own money, and carries on like they are personally awful to her. Well, she is not paying, and if it stinks, go back to coach, it costs me less and the bitching is the still the same. might as well save money if I have to listen to crap anyway!
I am so sorry you have to put up with all this...
emrose.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results