shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave Trinity is mine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

I am so sorry you have that. A close friend of mine has it also. It is really hard to deal with it. Please let us know what the expert says ok?

I also hate getting up to go somewhere, when I haven''t slept all night. UGH!!! I feel like a walking Zombie.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That about describes me most days!

I have fibro or some related thing. None of the other tests reveal anything, and I have widespread low grade pain every day. Yuck.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, what does your friend do for it? What are her main complaints?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

The same as yours. She aches all over. She owns a restaurant in Idaho, but is in the process of selling it. It is too much for her and she wants to retire. Her restaurant does really well, it is right by the ski resort.

She can hardly walk at times. I saw her at our high school reunion last September. She was in so much pain, she could hardly walk. She said she was on medication, but at times, it did not help.

Her doctor told her to retire and rest. Knowing Renee the way I do, I can never see her relaxing, but she will have to learn to.

How are you feeling today. I have been thinking about you. Does swimming help you? Renee does that in summer, when she can.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

I had to chuckle when I read in the "other" thread that your MIL wanted you and your hubby to pay for her face lift. I got a good laugh out of that.
9.gif

Linda

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
DF, I am soooooo sorry that you''ve endured all this pain, anxiety and MIL issues over the years. I have to admit the thread took a very different turn from the title and my expectations but then again life does that doesn''t it. I hope you get some relief soon. Two of my very good friends have Fibro also, it''s been a long journey for them and they couldn''t be more different in their symptoms or treatments. I come in contact with many many women that have it as well and their stories are all very individual as are their treatments. Massage helps many, nutrition, supplements, and saying "NO" to people that trigger difficulties (MIL). I wish you the best and a healthier time ahead..........

Okay, now where are those darn pictures of that ring?!!!!
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any sunshine out there?
31.gif
9.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
DF- I think I might have a similar anxiety problem. I am on zanax, but starting to notice it isn''t as helpful as it once was
15.gif
I have panic attacks while traveling too...but maybe not as bad...It really sucks, because on top of my anxiety, nothing seems to make me relaxed and happy (there are, of course, temporary fixes, such as jeweler shopping, baths, movies, etc)...but it is my husband-to-be that suffers the most (as he does his best to help me).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am back!

Yes, the thread took a funny turn. I jacked my own thread which is pretty hilarious. And I promise I will get photos up soon.

I saw this rheumatologist today who is a fibro expert and also has it. I told him that I have been on this 5 year journey to find out what is wrong. After my third kid I was okay for a while. Felt great, lost all the weight, had energy. Slowly started to just feel horrifically bad. Scared it was MS or Lupus or cancer or something else awful and started seeing every doctor in town, blood tests, scans, weird tests in hospital labs, you name it. Found out I have a weird thing with my mid spine, and also have disc issues. Told him today that I have had sleep issues since I was a little kid AND migraines since I was 11, but that it all started to hit, the weakness and fatigue, the muscle aches, the back pain, the cramps in my hands, the vise like non migraine headaches, the fogginess with things, and that I had been trekking around town like a crazy person. I felt like I was going crazy at times. And am so thankful that it is nothing life threatening, but just wanted to know I was not insane! He told me I am not. I am a driven, capable, diligent person, who puts herself last, who cannot say no, and that I have to do for myself. I feel that I do, I have extensive house help, have a trainer come to help me work out, get massages at my home, am starting yoga and accupuncture as soon as I wind down the house and get the big kids off to camp...so I do try. I am going to have a sleep study done, he wants that first before anything else is done medication wise. I am allergic to ibuprofen and other drugs so pain management has been tricky.

Linda, I am sorry about your friend. I feel like sh*t and I do not run a business. I hope she can retire and enjoy herself.

CN, thanks for the words. I know hubby sometimes thinks I am a wee bit of a hypochondriac because there is not a blood test or scan that SHOWS fibro. So he has to be educated a bit as well. I would LOVE not to have his mom around, but it is tough. I take hot baths and get the heating pad out when it is really bad. A couple of really good nights sleep can help but not a lot. When we were just in Utah skiing I was in terrible shape. Came with a migraine and got altitude sickness and had a fibro attack where I was exhausted and sleeping a lot but not at all feeling rested. That is why the doctor wants a sleep study to see what kind of sleep I am really getting.

Belle, hang in there. I have big anxiety but I am fun loving too. I hate that I feel I miss the joy of things. And trust me I retail treat myself a lot. I shop so much that it kind of scares me sometimes. I can drop thousands in a day and it is a lot of fun, but I still end up awake all night and in pain. But I have a great closet filled with amazing stuff in the process, so I am not complaining. But that fun only lasts a bit. I know this, and so now I just shop because I want to, since I know owning that Chanel bag or that Cartier watch is not treating my issues. Wish it did but it does not. the Xanax has been my god send. I often could not get on a plane without it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m late to the "threadjacked" portion of this thread, but I am the anxiety queen so I figured I''d throw in my two cents!
3.gif
I''ve had panic attacks since I was 4 years old-we lost my twin sister in the mall and that triggered it for me. I would have a panic attack if I couldn''t find her after about 30 seconds. I also have GAD and OCD. When my twin sister and I got to college I had to deal with not knowing where she was at all times. I freaked out at first (we went to the same college but lived in different dorms) and really just couldn''t handle it. I started doing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with a great counselor and it helped quite a bit. I also started taking Celexa, which is an anti-depressant but works great for anxiety as well.

For some reason I am pretty resistant to taking drugs and going to therapy, so of course once I started feeling better I stopped taking the Celexa and quit going to therapy. Then I had a major depression that I think was sort of brought on by anxiety. I was seriously ca-razy for a while there-not sleeping or eating-I lost about 15-20 pounds in two weeks, and I was skinny to begin with. I was just not functioning and I got in to see a psychiatrist who put me on Paxil. It got me to start functioning again, but I hated all the side effects (shaking legs and hands especially) so of course I stopped taking it cold turkey, which gave me terrible withdrawal. So I weaned myself off and haven''t taken anything since. But after I was depressed I became very agoraphobic and would have panic attacks sometimes when I go out to dinner or to parties. That''s kind of subsided but I still don''t go out much and I feel pretty anti-social.

Anxiety really does take the joy out of life. I''ve been thinking about going back to see someone again but I don''t know...I''ve gotten a little better about going out lately and have been playing a lot of soccer, which helps me feel better, but I used to love going out and doing stuff with friends and now I mostly just hang out with my fiance and sister and I hardly ever go out.

I think what helped me the most was the CBT, and that really lowered my over all anxiety levels and the amount of panic attacks I had. So I would highly recommend CBT for my fellow anxious PSers! The Celexa was good too, but I know many don''t like to take drugs. Xanax is great and works like a charm, but I always used to worry about getting addicted to it, so I don''t take it anymore. Plus it''s just good for that exact moment, and doesn''t really address the underlying problems.

Wow-sorry for rambling! If you made it to the end I''m impressed!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing2of2

You sound just like me, with going to dinner and parties. I could not even go out to dinner. The crowds were horrible. Once we were seated, it began. The nausea, sweating, starting to black out and I would make a beeline for the bathroom. I would also get severe diarrhea (sorry to be gross). I was really a mess.

I am on Effexor XR now and it is a godsend to me. No more panic attacks at all. I was on Celexa, but it quit working, so my Dr. changed my medication. I have suffered with panic attacks for 15 years.

Mine was triggered by chemotherapy. I had ovarian cancer. My first treatment I walked into the hospital, saw my bed, saw the IV with the chemo in it and turned to my mom, dad and husband and said "I''m outta here". I walked out of the hospital. That was my first panic attack. I sat on the curb and thought I was going to faint and sweat to death. They all came after me, including my dr. He gave me a med and brought me back in. It was awful.

It is funny how one incident can trigger something that can last the rest of your life. For you it was losing your twin in the mall.

I hope you can find the right balance for you. Panic attacks are horrible to live with.

Love,
Linda

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda-I would have exactly the same issues as you when I was out to dinner or even just at someone''s house for a party or small get together. It''s so embarassing to have to rush away from dinner or a party because you just can''t deal with it. It''s even worse if you''re having *ahem* stomach issues. I''ll have to research Effexor XR...I know taking a drug would probably really help me but it is so hard for me to take one for some reason.

I really think it''s time I did something about my anxiety because I know it''s still affecting me even though it''s not as pronounced/obvious as when I would have a panic attack when I couldn''t find my sister. I actually think that this agoraphobia probably has the biggest effect on me of all the anxiety stuff, but I kind of ignore it since it''s fairly easy to avoid by just not going out.

I also think it''s crazy and strange how one traumatic event can affect your life so much...I''m 26 now, so that means that for 22 years I''ve had panic attacks, anxiety, etc. that stems from one event! However, I''m definitely genetically predisposed to it, so I bet it would have come out one way or the other.

Anyways, I''m glad you''re doing so much better now, from both the ovarian cancer and the anxiety. And thank you for the kind words-I need to deal with this so hopefully I can find a better balance than the one I have now!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too, didn''t want to take medication either. I also told Caroline this.

But... I didn''t want to spend the rest of my life not going out to restaurants or visiting our friends either. Now I can do everything and not worry about that horrible feeling starting to come, or having to keep a supply of anti-diarrhea pills with me all of the time. HA!!

I used to hate that. I used to worry about before we even went out the door, if I was going to get a panic attack. It was horrible.

It is just want you want to do and what is best for you. I am a lot older than you and Caroline. I will be 59 this year. I have two little grand-boys, who I adore. I wanted to be able to do things with them and not be stuck at home and not be able to leave the house.

The one thing I didn''t like about taking drugs, were the side effects at first, but after a couple of weeks, they were gone.

Linda

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good points, Linda. I don''t know what my deal is about the medicine-I think you''re right, though. Taking medicine is better than dreading going out and then having panic attacks once I get out. I hate that feeling, too. Thank you again for the kind words and advice. It''s nice to "talk" to people who understand-my family and fiance have never dealt with what I have so I feel like they can''t really understand even though they are good about it.

Sorry, diamondfan-now I made my own mini-threadjack within your threadjack! I hope you find a way to deal with your anxiety, too. I completely understand what you go through with the anxiety and it isn''t fun.

And the fibromyalgia sounds terrible. I don''t know much about it but I know it causes chronic pain which must just be horrible. I know if I pull my back muscles or whatever how tired and cranky it makes me for a few days, so I can''t imagine having to deal with constant pain. Hopefully the fibro expert can help you figure out some sort of treatment plan to get you back to feeling like yourself.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

I am so glad you saw your doctor. My friend, Renee'', also gets massages and it helps her tremendously. She still hasn''t sold her restaurant. She does so well with it, she hates to sell it. I talked to her on Sunday and told her that her health is more important. She is really wearing herself down. She said she is in so much pain, she can hardly walk.

You know, I bet the acupuncture will really help you. I see ads in our newspaper for that all the time. It states that it helps fibro. It is really worth a try.

Now for your migraines. I suffer from those too. Did he recommend any medications for those? I take Imitrex when I start to get one.

I used to get the foggy feeling in my head too. My dr. told me that was from the anxiety coming on. Since I have been on the medication, I don''t get that feeling anymore. It was a horrible feeling, so I know how you feel.

I hope you feel better Caroine, you are such a sweet and caring person.

Linda

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
I don''t usually post much but this topic (highjacked as it is!
1.gif
) pulled me in. I, too, have fibro, was diagnosed little over two years ago. (And my name is Renee, how funny is that?) My life totally and completely shut down...I couldn''t work, exercise, or basically do anything I had always done. I was so clueless as what to do. Doctor after doctor said the same thing...nothing to be done..just have to learn coping strategies. ugh. One of the hardest parts is family and friends don''t quite get it. They see you and think you look healthy so therefore you must be. Luckily, I have a really great husband who totally got involved educated himself about fibro, goes to the doctor with me and basically is just terrific. In October he took a job in another state in order for us to live in a warmer clime and be nearer better medical facilities.
Anyway, I didn''t want to bore you guys with a book, but since the move I have slowly but surely had signs of improvement. I still have trouble sleeping and I do have episodes of extreme pain that are triggered by major stress (like my MIL''s visit last month!) but overall much better. I think the hot weather here and my new diet of NO sugar are what is helping. I have noticed a marked difference that I felt is completely related to food. Have you tried the no sugar or white flour thing DF? I''ve read several books on this approach and since it''s such a simple thing to do (I didn''t say easy) I gave it a try. I know for me the pain is definitely more manageable this way. I''m even looking for a job!
I really hope you feel better, I can certainly empathize. Fibro is such a crappy, crappy thing!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Renee, Yes it is funny your name is Renee too.

I will have to tell my Renee about the no sugar and white flour. I wonder if she knows this. I will have to call her tonight and tell her. She lives in Idaho, so she is reallllllllllly cold in winter, absolutely miserable.

I am pre-diabetes, I am supposed to cut out sugar and white flour. I am having a hard time doing it. Any suggestions to help me??

I am glad you are doing better. I feel sorry for people that have that horrible disease.

Linda

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Hi Linda! The no sugar & flour thing is hard...no way around it! I''ve found that for me it''s kind of all or nothing.
The trick seems to be to really be committed to no sugar for at least 3 days and then it gets easier. It''s funny how I
lost my sweet tooth when I stopped with the treats...now stuff seems WAY too sweet and kind of makes me feel queasy.

When I realized just how much better I felt off the sugar/flour, well, it really got easier!
1.gif
Here''s what''s tough about it...sugar is in absolutely everything!! Since I think it''s probably about impossible to avoid all sugar I just really limit condiments and avoid prepackage foods all together. However, when only something sweet will do I will eat a few of Murray''s Sugar-Free Vanilla Wafers. They are pretty tasty!

A by-product of this is how much better my skin looks! And I''ve lost weight. And less pain. I guess you can say it''s all good!

Being pre-diabetic is an excellent reason to cut back on sugar and flour. You have to take care of yourself Linda ''cause what would PS do without you? I always look forward to your posts!
1.gif

And please tell your friend Renee to get out of the cold asap! I was in Michigan and now in the south and the warmth is wonderful for fibro.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Renee, you are so sweet. I was on Jenny Craig and lost 30 pounds. I was so proud of myself. I went to the Dr. for my annual blood work and that is when I found out I was pre-diabetic. Their food is loaded with carbs. A lot of bread at all meals. So I have cut that out. I only have wheat bread now.

The sugar, I am so so with, I read labels. I don''t eat cookies, cake or ice cream. It is just the labels that I have to watch. It is hard when my grand-boys are eating their daily goodies. HA!!

I do wish Renee would move back here to California. She and her husband love Idaho, so I know she won''t be back here. Her whole family moved there, including her mother. They moved their 20 years ago.

Linda

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like you are doing everything right Linda! Losing 30 lbs is amazing. I just hope I can lose that much too...I really put on the weight with the fibro.

Maybe the prediabetic issue is more genetic for you? I think there is a strong argument for heredity when it comes to diabetes, even type 2. (My SIL is type 1) I mean, if you are watching your sugar and are active that''s pretty much perfect! That''s what my SIL does and she''s very healthy.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi rosered,

Yes it is. I have two cousins that are type2 Diabetic. I heard it is hereditary too. I know I have to be more active. Winter time, I am a slug. Summer time, my husband and I are really active. We swim alot in our backyard and take the grand-boys camping a lot.

How are you feeling?

Caroline: How are you feeling today?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not great but that is sort of par for the course.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline, just a thought!!! Does swimming help you at all?????? My friend Renee, swims when she can and she said the warm water helps her.

I have a problem with my legs and the warm water helps me too.

I hope you feel better as the day goes on. Wish we could have a cup of tea together.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, yes, the warm water is great. And I have been told to do therapy for my disc and nerve issues, water therapy was recommended to me which I will look into.

I like Earl Grey...when can you come by?!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please do look into water therapy. You will LOVE it. It feels sooooooooooooooooooooo good. Do you have a pool? We had ours put in, in 10 years ago. We got to right it off on our taxes, as it was prescribed by my doctor, which was a nice bonus. HA! Or part of the pool anyway, I forget now. I know it will help you. I have a bad back and had back surgery in 1986 from a water skiing accident and it flares every so often, the warm water helps that too.

I love Tazo Awake black tea. Wish I could join you. I know hubby and I will be coming to New York, within the next year or two. I would LOVE to meet you and Lisa. Perhaps we could all do lunch or dinner and spend the whole day together.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are putting a salt water pool in our new house. I can''t wait to have one. I even contemplated adding a nice indoor pool with glass all around and a lovely patio area, but the slight slant of the property there meant it would be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to engineer it the right way. So, outdoor only, which means a limited season in PA, but that is fine.

We have a great tea shop in Philly and she has amazing organic teas of all types. I love the organic black with coconut and the slim mint organic. They are delicious.

If you plan to come, please let us know! I am sure Lisa would love to meet up, as would I!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow a salt water pool. I never swam in one of those before. Is there a reason why you chose that, instead of a regular one?

I sure will let you know when we will be out East. It would be so much fun to meet you both.

We are lucky here, we can usually swim the end of May thru October... maybe just maybe the first week of November (if we are lucky). I don''t lay out in the sun. I swim and get out. I play with the grand kids, but I will be in the pool with them only when the sun shifts a little and there is a little shade in the pool.

The organic tea sounds wonderful.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
They still have some chlorine in them but it is better than all chlorine; I am learning more about it as we go along.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 1:30:39 PM
Author: diamondfan
They still have some chlorine in them but it is better than all chlorine; I am learning more about it as we go along.

I''ve been swimming in a saltwater pool and they''re great! That''s going to be awesome! And hopefully it will help with your back problems, too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 1:11:03 PM
Author: Linda W
Please do look into water therapy. You will LOVE it. It feels sooooooooooooooooooooo good. Do you have a pool? We had ours put in, in 10 years ago. We got to right it off on our taxes, as it was prescribed by my doctor, which was a nice bonus. HA! Or part of the pool anyway, I forget now. I know it will help you. I have a bad back and had back surgery in 1986 from a water skiing accident and it flares every so often, the warm water helps that too.

I love Tazo Awake black tea. Wish I could join you. I know hubby and I will be coming to New York, within the next year or two. I would LOVE to meet you and Lisa. Perhaps we could all do lunch or dinner and spend the whole day together.

Linda
I would love to meet you Miss Linda, the three of us will have such fun!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results