shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Over The Moon for "Lara" My New 6.59 ct. EC From IDJ In Her Forever Home!!!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning, usually I prefer baguettes but those sidestones are perfect for your large Emerald cut.
Thank you so much! I love baguettes with EC's, too, but my jeweler showed me these traps and I fell in love with the look! It was a leap of faith, but I'm glad I went in this direction!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Blingalingaling I envy you for having the opportunity to check so many big ECs before picking the winner. It’s nice to be able to go into the city to do that in person.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling I do just love everything about your diamond ring, perfection. I was very excited about mine and got a little derailed when the setting came in. Hoping I fall in love this next time. Yes! I have seen and read Sharp Objects... loved it! All of Gillian Flynn’s books and movies are great and so are Liane Moriaty, check that author as well. Read all her books and Big Little Lies series and book, fantastic!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, @Ellen!!! I know I owe you a video!!! Eeks!! I don't know how to do one and post it! Another confession: I don't know how to respond to more than one person at a time!! I feel like such a dodo!!! I want to write to everyone but I am inept!!! Lol!
Anyway, thank you again for all your kind and witty comments! I'm loving them and literally laughing out loud!!! I need a tutorial on posting on PS!!! XO
Don't worry about the video! If I knew how to do one I'd help you, but I've never tried. Maybe I shall look into that....
hehe23.gif
And don't feel bad, I don't know how to do multiple quotes either. ;))

Thanks for posting more gorgeous pics. Your ring is just sublime.
daydreaming.gif

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling I envy you for having the opportunity to check so many big ECs before picking the winner. It’s nice to be able to go into the city to do that in person.
Yes! That was a great experience - especially because it didn't cost me anything to view the stones that were available in NYC. If they were in stock at a dealer and on-line in RapNet, I was able to see them, so that was very exciting and it allowed Shulamit and Yekutiel (from IDJewelry) to get a feel for what I was looking for. Shulamit found this stone later on and sent me a video and photo of it and then I went back into the City to see it in person, along with another stone that they'd called in for me. I guess living in a suburb of NYC made it easier for me. I read about others going to the shows and I wish I could've done that - just for the exposure to great jewels and for the experience that would bring!!! But, I'm happy with the outcome and I owe a debt of gratitude to IDJ for their kindness and determination to find me my stone!
Maybe if you're looking, could you take a long weekend and set up a meeting to see some stones? I think it would be worth it, if you could make the trip!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Yes! That was a great experience - especially because it didn't cost me anything to view the stones that were available in NYC. If they were in stock at a dealer and on-line in RapNet, I was able to see them, so that was very exciting and it allowed Shulamit and Yekutiel (from IDJewelry) to get a feel for what I was looking for. Shulamit found this stone later on and sent me a video and photo of it and then I went back into the City to see it in person, along with another stone that they'd called in for me. I guess living in a suburb of NYC made it easier for me. I read about others going to the shows and I wish I could've done that - just for the exposure to great jewels and for the experience that would bring!!! But, I'm happy with the outcome and I owe a debt of gratitude to IDJ for their kindness and determination to find me my stone!
Maybe if you're looking, could you take a long weekend and set up a meeting to see some stones? I think it would be worth it, if you could make the trip!

Were you able to see more than 2 ECs at IDJ each time? I wonder how long vendors are supposed to hold the non-in house diamond(s) for buyer to make the decision. Maybe we just have to stay focus and do not settle until we find the one, which we completely happy with, I guess.

I often fancy about going into a jewelry show too but have no idea how that works. Maybe I would do more research on PS later.

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Were you able to see more than 2 ECs at IDJ each time? I wonder how long vendors are supposed to hold the non-in house diamond(s) for buyer to make the decision. Maybe we just have to stay focus and do not settle until we find the one, which we completely happy with, I guess.

I often fancy about going into a jewelry show too but have no idea how that works. Maybe I would do more research on PS later.
I saw several stones, maybe six or so, the first time I went to IDJ. I had an appointment with Yekutiel. When I got there, he introduced me to Shulamit, his sister, and she took me to the computer. We talked about the specs I was looking for and a price range. Then, she looked with me at the inventory online. Shulamit made a few phone calls to local vendors and then she sent her messenger to pick them up. Within minutes, there were stones in front of me with corresponding GIA certificates! We looked them over, eliminated a few and called in a few more.
Yekutiel ran some ASETs for me and some reports that showed results for brilliance, contrast and fire (ideal scope??). He agreed to hold two stones for me to think about and the following week I went back and looked at some more stones that Shulamit found to show me during that week.
I think if you're serious about a stone, a jeweler will hold it for you for about a week, generally, but if there is demand for the stone in the market, they might pressure you to make a decision because the cutter who owns the stone will want it back to show it to another client as soon as possible.
It's not easy, because like everything else, once you choose a stone, you'll have to pass on everything else! Or, if you pass on a stone, you might or might not find another one you like as much and you might not ever see it again!
Maybe ask @missy or some of the other PSers about the shows they attend! It all sounds like so much fun, a great opportunity to dream big and also to socialize with other PSers in person! I'd love to go to a show! I've attended the NY Gift Show at the Javitz. There are lots of jewelers who show there, but no one who has large, fine diamonds.
Thanks again for your comments! :kiss2:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling, thanks for the details. I appreciate it and it's great to learn from your experience.
Rad_Fan, it's my pleasure! I'm so happy to help! I love to talk about diamonds! This is fun! And I love getting to know all of you here at PS! So, thanks to you for giving me the opportunity! :kiss2:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Blingalingaling, I spied :twisted2:that you had a 4ct+ I EC before...where are the pictures? :lol-2:

ComeInSpinner

Rough_Rock
I don't think I can say anything that hasn't been said already on this thread... but this is one huge, elegant and perfectly put together ring. WOW!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B7257E98-C6BD-4216-939B-42D4B75A82A7.jpeg FDC9DBF8-9564-43F8-8322-D8688F317BCA.jpeg 5D0187C0-D0A2-4185-BB6D-91AA5048745B.jpeg Fun in the flowers this morning...all taken in natural light before a North facing window! Lara picks up the colors that surround her!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think I can say anything that hasn't been said already on this thread... but this is one huge, elegant and perfectly put together ring. WOW!
Thank you sooo much!!! ❤️

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling, I spied :twisted2:that you had a 4ct+ I EC before...where are the pictures? :lol-2:
Haha! Oh, boy! I've got to go back in my photos and try to find them..! A while ago, I posted in a thread called "Old Lady Hands" that was such a fun post someone started! Maybe you can pull that up and see them there! I'll look and see if I can find that link for you!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Blingalingaling, yummy pictures of Big L! Do you mind if I ask what is the table of Lara?

Found your "ex":lol:...I thought the I EC was pretty too from post #51&54. I recently saw the ring below but I like your ex much more.

https://www.stylemepretty.com/2016/10/26/modern-spring-dallas-wedding/

The facets of your I looked plenty flashy. Were you just tired of the double halo? I often wonder if haloed EC sparkle differently...:think:

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
This is absolutely the most gorgeous emerald I have seen. Beautiful. Enjoy.

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! It's so nice of you to say this!!! <3

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
5d0187c0-d0a2-4185-bb6d-91aa5048745b-jpeg.649949

Left one.

faintthud.gif
Thank you, Ellen!!! LOL! I love that emoji!!!
I took these without any filters, in natural light with my IPhone! It's fun to play! Thanks for playing along! :)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely the most gorgeous emerald I have seen. Beautiful. Enjoy.
Thank you for this wonderful compliment!!! You're so sweet to say it!!! :) <3

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling, yummy pictures of Big L! Do you mind if I ask what is the table of Lara?

Found your "ex":lol:...I thought the I EC was pretty too from post #51&54. I recently saw the ring below but I like your ex much more.

https://www.stylemepretty.com/2016/10/26/modern-spring-dallas-wedding/

The facets of your I looked plenty flashy. Were you just tired of the double halo? I often wonder if haloed EC sparkle differently...:think:
Hi, @Rad_Fan! You're so funny, calling my I EC "my Ex"!!! I got a good laugh out of that one!!! :)
I really felt that the stone wasn't very well cut and it had an inclusion that bothered me. It wasn't because of the halo, in fact, I still have that setting and hope to someday put a sapphire or some kind of colored stone in it. I think the stone looked better in the halo than it did in it's original setting, which was a traditional Tiffany-style setting with baguettes. But ultimately, I ended up trading her.
The link you sent is great! I really enjoyed it and you're right! Her setting is very similar to my old one! I love her wedding gown and the wedding looks like it was a stunning affair! Thank you for your sense of humor and for sharing this with me!!!
Oh-and Lara has a 67% table! If there's anything else you'd like to know, or that I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask! :) <3

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
12EF90E0-30F4-4246-BB1A-4CCC4512D7DE.jpeg
Do you have a pic of your old ring?? Would love to see it @Blingalingaling !
I had to go way back to find some photos of my first (I-color 4.12 ct.) EC! Unfortunately, they aren't the best and they were taken in completely different lighting, but here you go! The jeweler we bought the stone from already had this Tiffany style baguette setting, so we used it as a temporary setting. The baguettes were nice, but too big. After a short time, I had an A Jaffe platinum double halo made. Lol! I was going for the Lisa Vanderpump look! Somehow, I think you know what I mean...!! :roll2: :P2:kiss2:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
12EF90E0-30F4-4246-BB1A-4CCC4512D7DE.jpeg
I had to go way back to find some photos of my first (I-color 4.12 ct.) EC! Unfortunately, they aren't the best and they were taken in completely different lighting, but here you go! The jeweler we bought the stone from already had this Tiffany style baguette setting, so we used it as a temporary setting. The baguettes were nice, but too big. After a short time, I had an A Jaffe platinum double halo made. Lol! I was going for the Lisa Vanderpump look! Somehow, I think you know what I mean...!! :roll2: :P2:kiss2:
Thank you for finding these! It was certainly pretty and the halo was really well made I can tell, but I like Lara so much better, the facetting is much more pleasing. And of course I know Lisa Vanderpump’s iconic ring!! I really am trying to figure out what Dorit has:lol: it looks like a squarish EC with a honking EC band but I can’t quite get a good look, lol:) aren’t you so glad you don’t have to have a double halo anymore and can let your BEAUTIFUL rock just shine??!! No offense to the halo lovers:kiss2: But when you don’t need them it’s wonderful!!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
:cheeky:...

+1 on the length of the baguettes.

Do you every wear your awesome pear and Lara at the same time? :twisted:

Can't wait to see your new sapphire double halo ring!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DB3CDEBB-891F-49CA-8904-A16730DCB734.jpeg
Thank you for finding these! It was certainly pretty and the halo was really well made I can tell, but I like Lara so much better, the facetting is much more pleasing. And of course I know Lisa Vanderpump’s iconic ring!! I really am trying to figure out what Dorit has:lol: it looks like a squarish EC with a honking EC band but I can’t quite get a good look, lol:) aren’t you so glad you don’t have to have a double halo anymore and can let your BEAUTIFUL rock just shine??!! No offense to the halo lovers:kiss2: But when you don’t need them it’s wonderful!!
Oh, my goodness!!! :D You've read my mind!! Now, I'm OUT!!! Ok, big confession: It was Dorit's ring that inspired me to buy my new ring! I must have taken 100 or more photos of her hand last season!!! You should have seen me, standing in front of my TV, snapping hand shots!!! Now you know how crazy I am!!! :loopy:
I love her set so much! I think she might have an Asscher-or maybe it is a square-ish EC, as you said...I don't know for sure. But her ring is the reason why I looked for a very chunky EC, with a very squared-off shape!
I think her eternity band is emerald cut! It's gorgeous! :love:
I searched online but couldn't find any articles where there were comments on her diamonds- only on her clothes. (I love her style and taste!) I was thinking that maybe I'm the only one who admires her rings...but you do, too!!! That's amazing! :appl:
Here's a photo of her from Bella Magazine, where you can see the profile of her set if you zoom in on it. I just got a new iPhone and some of my photos weren't downloaded from the cloud. I have to go back and get the rest of my photos put on the new phone. When I do, I'll post some pics I took from last season when I was determined to see what they really look like! Lol! :kiss2: I'm really kind of embarrassed to admit all of this, but that's the great thing about PriceScope!!! 8)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:cheeky:...

+1 on the length of the baguettes.

Do you every wear your awesome pear and Lara at the same time? :twisted:

Can't wait to see your new sapphire double halo ring!
Hi! No, I don't wear them together. Actually, I wear my pear everyday and I've only worn the EC a few times on the weekends. They're very different but I love both of them!
I think I'm going to have to wait a while before I do the sapphire ring!
When I set Lara, I traded some old gold pieces towards the price of the ring. My jeweler removed the small diamonds from those pieces. So now I have some little straight baguettes and rounds that I'm thinking of possibly making into a narrow eternity band that could be worn with Lara. I'm saving up for that project! It won't be thick, like the one Dorit Kemsley has in the photo I just posted! But I'll use what I already own and make the best of it! You're so nice to comment about my rings!
Tell me something about your rings and what your plans are! :kiss2:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling Oh my gosh I was dying reading your last post! I don’t know anyone, besides the two of us, who would be obsessed with a reality stars ring that we can barely see:lol: you and I sure do have the same taste. I have googled her ring so many times, never come up with anything, and paused my DVR numerous times to just get a quick screen shot of it! And I too was looking for my new diamond when I was watching the last series. It’s magnificent! From what I can see, it’s definitely an emerald squarish cut, and I think it’s a solitaire. With that enormous emerald cut eternity band. Oh to be rich and famous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results