shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Over The Moon for "Lara" My New 6.59 ct. EC From IDJ In Her Forever Home!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, @Matthews1127 :wavey: my sister EC lover!!! You're so sweet and encouraging to everyone! I love your positivity and helpful attitude!
Of course I'll share any details that you and the community would like to know!
So, my EC's specs are:
GIA L-color VVS2 Center
12.85 x 9.92 x 5.81
LxW ratio is 1:30
Table: 67%
Depth: 58.6%
Like your beautiful EC, mine has some "traits" that aren't considered to be the best for an emerald cut, but if there's one thing that I have learned here on PS, consistently, it's that you can't go by the numbers (and in some cases, the letters!) when buying a fancy cut diamond! I think we have some good examples of that theory, you and I!
And...Cut Is King!!! =)2
Thank you for all the wonderful comments- not just to me, but to everybody- and if there's anything else you'd like to know, or if I can help you with anything- just let me know! :kiss2:

Proof that you can’t judge a diamond by its certificate!!! :lol-2:
Lara is perfect!! There are no other words....simply PERFECT!!
My dream EC is 12 x 9 mm 1.35-1.50:1 l x w ratio. Lara is very close to that!! VVS clarity, and white, face up (F-J). Now that I can see Lara at an “L” color, still beautifully white, I’d consider F-L color, if my time ever came to work on a project like yours!!
She is awesome! The traps are just the right size to not overwhelm. She is the star!!!
Thank you for sharing her, and all of her details! I actually showed photos of her to my coworkers, yesterday, and told them, “LOOK!! This is what MY dreams are made of”....lol!! She got quite a few “Ooohs & Ahhhhs”, yesterday...lol!! :mrgreen2:
Congratulations, and thank you for your sweet words; I really love trying to help others, here. Sometimes, I get carried away, but only because I want to help someone make their (or their FF’s) dreams come true. Thankfully, that doesn’t happen very often!
I appreciate everyone, here. Lara is at the tippy top of my faves!!
Wear her in good health, my step cut loving friend!! I’ll be back frequently to ogle at her, so make sure you get that video posted, soon...lol!!! :kiss2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must add that for you to place “Uisce” & “Lara” together, in a class of their own, as truly unique, and “unicorn” in the real life beauty v their statistical “non-conformity”, it is truly humbling, and got me a little choked up...lol!!
Thank you for putting a smile on my face, and warming my heart, this morning!
That just made this Friday morning all the more worthwhile!! I still needed my cup of coffee, but this helped put a little extra kick in my caboodle! :mrgreen2:
It’s great to have you as my step cut sister!! :bigsmile::kiss2:
Now....the video.
Create an account on YouTube, and you can post any video, here. All you have to do is copy and paste the video to the thread. ;)2

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to agree, with fancies, you have to eyeball them. I could tell it has a larger table, but it matters not. It is absolutely stunning.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lara is absolutely stunning! The setting is perfection, I love the proportions that you chose for the side stones. This is definatley going my list of all time favorites and on my wish list.

Congratulations on your gorgeous new ring!:love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a stunning EC ring, it's gorgeous on your hand! I know you will get loads of compliments and rightfully so, enjoy!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
runaround1.gif
:appl:

What she said +2

:clap::eek2:OMG......your ring is spectacular!!!?

...and what she said +1

P

PierreBear

Ohh Ohh I forgot to ask. Will you wear a band with your gorgeous ring or just solo? Keeping coming back over and over again to admire how well it looks on your hand!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh Ohh I forgot to ask. Will you wear a band with your gorgeous ring or just solo? Keeping coming back over and over again to admire how well it looks on your hand!

I was wondering the same thing, BUT....if memory serves, during @Emeraldsaremyfavorite ‘s thread, I believe you mentioned you were going solo with yours....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The ring is so big it doesn't fit into my reply box:mrgreen2::lol-2:.

Stunning!:love:

cheers--Sharon

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, all, for your comments! I want to answer them all personally, and I will! Just letting you know that I appreciate the very kind and thoughtful things you've written and had a lot of laughs!!! :P2 It means so much to me!!! :love:
I've been working and haven't had time to do it yet, but I will answer all of your posts and questions you've asked! I promise!!!
And, @Emeraldsaremyfavorite, the width of my traps is 5mm each (just found out)! I hope this helps you!
I'm so happy to share these happy moments with all of you! :kiss2:
Love,
Bling...

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, all, for your comments! I want to answer them all personally, and I will! Just letting you know that I appreciate the very kind and thoughtful things you've written and had a lot of laughs!!! :P2 It means so much to me!!! :love:
I've been working and haven't had time to do it yet, but I will answer all of your posts and questions you've asked! I promise!!!
And, @Emeraldsaremyfavorite, the width of my traps is 5mm each (just found out)! I hope this helps you!
I'm so happy to share these happy moments with all of you! :kiss2:
Love,
Bling...
Thank you for these measurement! I actually think the traps David found would have worked. They were almost this size but more tapered and not as wide. Everyone thought they were not tapered enough and too wide-e/w! Go figure!! So hard to tell, but I needed to take a break and think. Congrats again! I bet everywhere you go people just stare=)2

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:OH MY GAWD!:love:
Congratulations!! Your ring is a true stunner!!!
The stone.. the traps.. the setting.. the way it sits on your hand.
All wow wow wow!!!!:appl:
P.S Shout out to Queens, NY. I grew up there!!!:wavey:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ummmm. Wow. Just wow! I expect many many more pictures and especially hand shots!!
Thank you, @nala! I've enjoyed your journey, as well! Your new setting is tdf!!! So different! You are so brave and adventurous! I admire that about you!!! :)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely! :))

I like the facet patterning a lot, and it doesn't seem to have any 'dead' angles, so you've chosen a good one! :)

@Matthews1127 and @StepCutLover will like it ;-) lol

If you have a youtube account, it would be awesome to see a video!
Thank you, @OoohShiny! I have looked at so many emerald cut stones in various sizes and read just about every post on step cuts!! When I saw this stone and the way it performs, I knew it was "the one"!
I don't have a YouTube account and I've never posted a video before, but I will try to get something going! Thanks for all of your wonderful comments and suggestions! I've read many of your posts and have great regard for you and your knowledge of diamonds! :)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whoa!! Back up and give Lara plenty of room. :love::love::love: She sure does make her presence known!! Congratulations. I’m kinda speechless.
Hi, @LLJsmom! Thank you for your wonderful compliments! I've read your many posts, admired your beautiful jewelry and have followed along on your journey!!! :)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and sophisticated.! :kiss2:
Thank you, @missy!!! I am in awe of your new "Bubbalah"!!! She's a stunner!!! Wear her well! I'm glad that "Bea" went to a fellow-PS'er, so that she's still in the family!!! :)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Holy cow. What a giant beauty!! The setting is amazing too!
Thank you, @ringo865! I love your diamond ring and your Emerald EC is absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm interested to see what you're thinking of setting it in! I'll be following along! :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @OoohShiny! I have looked at so many emerald cut stones in various sizes and read just about every post on step cuts!! When I saw this stone and the way it performs, I knew it was "the one"!
I don't have a YouTube account and I've never posted a video before, but I will try to get something going! Thanks for all of your wonderful comments and suggestions! I've read many of your posts and have great regard for you and your knowledge of diamonds! :)
You are far too kind - I am a mere shadow of the pros on here! lol

I'm so pleased you found such an awesome stone - they are hard to find in stepcuts, nevermind when you get to the bigger sizes that in many cases are cut purely for weight retention! :)

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh!!! This is insanely gorgeous!!!! Magnificent! I second the request for a video!!! I can't even get over this ring and the diamond...no words. just magnificent

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
O.M.Geeeeeee how did I miss this thread... #lifegoals... Simply Divine :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results