shape
carat
color
clarity

Best of PS - 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s been a great year on PS, so I thought I''d do this for fun (in case I missed something along the way).

What are some of the best threads you remember from 2006? Could be the funniest, the most poignant, the most thought provoking, the most enabling, whatever. Let''s keep it positive (i.e. not the most irritating thread or anything) and remind ourselves why we love PS and hang out here so much.

And I''m sure I speak for many of us when I thank Leonid an Irina for hosting such an awesome, educational forum!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA! Great idea TGal!

At the risk of being completely navel-gazing: One of my faves was American Idol - My Dirty Secret which begat many a "Live Blog & Brownie" thread as the season progressed. Oh ... just one more month til the NEW SEASON! And ONE MORE DAY til Tay-Tay's debut album release!! (That's another completely self-serving reason I love that particular AI thread: it contains my early on predictions about Taylor - squee!)

I'm also reminded of Tierhog's Royal Asscher Hunt & Pix Extravaganza: the story of one man & his abiding love for a 1.96 J RA named "King Royal".
1.gif

Quick shout-out to Updated Celebrity Rings: for seven months of celeb bling-stalking bliss!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
umm for me it's probably the WWTs...they are so inpsiring and motivational and a great part of PS that i could not do without. i think they really got going into full swing in 2006 even though they may have been around last year. the group in there is phenomenal.

OF COURSE, that Balenciaga thread that i unwittingly started in all innocence and now has about 10 heads and 20 feet and various other waving, streaming body parts that keep morphing. pretty scary. in a smooshie squishie yummy goat leather lovin kinda way.
3.gif

oh and Lem on Pie anyone? come on. that's a total 2006 classic. i don't know what i'd do without lemon pie. keep that green kiwi-mess away from here deco..imposter.
9.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
*Tierhog''s threads

*Watching the entire PS community rally around Decodelighted as she was cyber-abused that one outrageous horrid day (that''s kind of a "silver lining" one)

*Bay Area get togethers, and getting to meet some fabulous people who are now actual, real life friends well beyond the scope of pricescope

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You beat me to the celebrity rings one Deco...I thought that was one of the more fun threads that was started this year and it certainly continues to have a lot of life!

One that I remember personally because it cracked me up was the avatar one because I had no idea my old avatar was so undiscernable and bug-like.

I also like The Economics of Pricescope (or....why I am stupid and poor.) because it showed how much we are influenced by this forum...

More later...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And another one...

Blueroses Are you sitting down? thread actually got me pretty misty eyed. It was a great thread to read this year.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 3:01:11 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Blueroses Are you sitting down?

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yes! "Most Heartwarming Thread" for sure IMHO! We're gonna need more than the Sharpie Ring though ... fingers crossed for Blueroses Bling in 2007!

And I also 2nd your Economics of Pricescope nomination! I was just thinking about that thread *yesterday* as I cyber-staked Essie nail polishes, Perettiesque studs, B-bags, cushion cut Tsavorites, triplesomething conditioners, ultrasonic cleaners, DBY necklaces, Bare Essentuals makeup kits, pink diamond bands and various Best Perfume Evers -- for the million-and-one-umteenth time
23.gif
39.gif
3.gif
20.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 3:19:00 PM
Author: decodelighted

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yes! ''Most Heartwarming Thread'' for sure IMHO! We''re gonna need more than the Sharpie Ring though ... fingers crossed for Blueroses Bling in 2007!

And I also 2nd your Economics of Pricescope nomination! I was just thinking about that thread *yesterday* as I cyber-staked Essie nail polishes, Perettiesque studs, B-bags, cushion cut Tsavorites, triplesomething conditioners, ultrasonic cleaners, DBY necklaces, Bare Essentuals makeup kits, and various Best Perfume Evers -- for the million-and-one-umteenth time
23.gif
39.gif
3.gif
20.gif
Hey, sitting here in my Charlotte pants, I agree!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Wallermama ... we need a new thread ...

The Gastronomy of Pricescope: Or Why I''m Pudgy & Aproned!

Featuring hits like: Crock-Pot Faves!

9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looooovveed lynnb''s new reset thread. It definitely inspired me to go bigger and lower in color for my wedding band, and I think my future upgrade with be a J. I can say thanks to mara, jcrow, lynnb, and many others...I got over my addiction to higher colors LOL!!!

I''ve also really enjoyed the help from the bride world wide gals in giving me advice for wedding planning. Planning a wedding is so much work, and it''s great to have their help and support.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 3:29:59 PM

The Gastronomy of Pricescope: Or Why I'm Pudgy & Aproned!

Featuring hits like: Crock-Pot Faves!

9.gif
Actually the 'pudgy and aproned' wouldn't be quite accurate since the WWT helps us work off the Engagement Chicken and Crock Pot Faves as well as the Thanksgiving Recipes and Holiday Morsels !!!
5.gif
This is a full service forum! hee.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
2006 will always be remebered as the year of lemon pie, YUMM. And don''t forget the Pokey special, love that ring. Mara''s upgrade, Lynn B''s new setting, WWT, and so many more.... Its been a fun year!!!!
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 4:08:55 PM
Author: Mara
Actually the ''pudgy and aproned'' wouldn''t be quite accurate since the WWT helps us work off the Engagement Chicken and Crock Pot Faves as well as the Thanksgiving Recipes and Holiday Morsels !!!
5.gif
Hmmmm. Note to self: if I knew what this mysterious "WWT" thread was ... perhaps I could purge the pudge.

*pause*

What''s that sparkly thing over there .... umm, just a car going by ... hey, where''d I put those Milanos?

*wanders off towards kitchen*

31.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 4:21:57 PM

Actually the ''pudgy and aproned'' wouldn''t be quite accurate since the WWT helps us work off the Engagement Chicken and Crock Pot Faves as well as the Thanksgiving Recipes and Holiday Morsels !!!
5.gif
Hmmmm. Note to self: if I knew what this mysterious ''WWT'' thread was ... perhaps I could purge the pudge.

*pause*

What''s that sparkly thing over there .... umm, just a car going by ... hey, where''d I put those Milanos?

31.gif
Weekly Workout Threads in the family/health forum Deco. I''ve flaked on that thread, and gained weight. Lost 8 pounds while I read it weekly though, so it''s VERY encouraging.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
What a FUN thread! And how HONORED to be mentioned twice! *blushing wildly*!!!

It's been a great year, for sure. Thanks, all!

xoxoxoxo
Lynn

PS BTW, Mara, I *refuse* to even LOOK at your Balenciaga thread... I simply cannot afford it!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Well, now, I have intentionally avoided that whole weight loss thread. If I lost weight, it would totally wreck my kids'' love of blowing raspberries into my tummy goo. If you could HEAR those raspberries! And where would my poor panties go, if they couldn''t roll down under my tummy bulge? And all of that money on those Spanx...for nothing!

Well.....maybe 2007 will turn a new leaf and I''ll meet you there.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 4:51:13 PM
Author: Lynn B
What a FUN thread! And how HONORED to be mentioned twice! *blushing wildly*!!!

It''s been a great year, for sure. Thanks, all!

xoxoxoxo
Lynn

PS BTW, Mara, I *refuse* to even LOOK at your Balenciaga thread... I simply cannot afford it!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Yup Lynn, don''t look at it. It''s the craziest thing I''ve seen in while (and I mean crazy in a good way.)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me I am more into the learning about the technical side of diamonds, however I have to say the best thread for 2006 I think without a doubt was the one written by Blueroses, all the trials and a happy ending.
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
the one about nailpolish - omg I''ve spent about $100 on freaking nailpolish in the last 6 weeks because of that damn thread LOL And I have SEVERAL more colors I NEED!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love BlingDiva''s celeb ring thread....there''s always fun stuff there! That sweet woman is a serious SLEUTH!!!!
12.gif

The B-bag thread. It''s been fun witnessing the pack hunt and kill together!!!
9.gif

Of course, ALL the new ring/upgrade threads showing off glamour shots on rocks, bushes, flowers, kitties'' heads, doggie snouts, etc. I eat those up like candy.

And I have to agree with Wallermama. The Bay Area GTGs have been so much fun, and I''m looking forward to further getting to know some of the AWESOME ladies I''ve met there! I feel that long-term friendships are well underway!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 6:06:22 PM
Author: KristyDarling

And I have to agree with Wallermama. The Bay Area GTGs have been so much fun, and I''m looking forward to further getting to know some of the AWESOME ladies I''ve met there! I feel that long-term friendships are well underway!
MEGA dittos to this one!!
2.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 4:30:09 PM

Date: 12/11/2006 4:21:57 PM

5.gif
Hmmmm. Note to self: if I knew what this mysterious ''WWT'' thread was ... perhaps I could purge the pudge.

*pause*

31.gif
Weekly Workout Threads in the family/health forum Deco. I''ve flaked on that thread, and gained weight. Lost 8 pounds while I read it weekly though, so it''s VERY encouraging.
Same thing with me...I need to start reading that thread again!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It seems there were quite a few GTGs this year. I haven''t been to any, but did get to meet Mara, which was fun and too shortlived.

Here are some of my other PS faves from 2006....

All the videos that Leonid did. It was fun to actually see some of the PS vendors in real life. The James Allen one took me for a loop...he looked much younger than I thought he would be!!!

The No she did NOT use that on her ring! thread made me laugh because I realized that we PSers will try ANYTHING to get that perfect sparkle!

Usually any question thread started by deco gives me a chuckle and is fun to answer. Her Can U Spare a BARN? was my favorite 2006 wedding planning thread.

And I agree on that nailpolish thread...but I have only succumbed to one bottle/color for now.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 3:19:00 PM

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yes! ''Most Heartwarming Thread'' for sure IMHO! We''re gonna need more than the Sharpie Ring though ... fingers crossed for Blueroses Bling in 2007!

And I also 2nd your Economics of Pricescope nomination! I was just thinking about that thread *yesterday* as I cyber-staked Essie nail polishes, Perettiesque studs, B-bags, cushion cut Tsavorites, triplesomething conditioners, ultrasonic cleaners, DBY necklaces, Bare Essentuals makeup kits, pink diamond bands and various Best Perfume Evers -- for the million-and-one-umteenth time
23.gif
39.gif
3.gif
20.gif
I have to admit I was obviously easily influenced by the shopping threads...and purchased some Essie nail polish, an US cleaner, Bare Essentuals kit, and the Bond 9 perfume sampler!

I won''t go to the handbag site though...I won''t, I won''t, I won''t!!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Deco and TravlingGal''s weddings!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the WWT''s, the nail polish threads (there were two, lol!), the American Idol thread, and following Tierhog''s thread, even if I wasn''t very involved... and I also have been lurking on the Balenciaga thread, knowing one day DH is in for a big surprise, lol.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Lemon pie - by far and away! LOL

9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results