shape
carat
color
clarity

American Idol -- my dirty secret

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes ... I am an addict. I even went to see their last tour (courtesy of my sweetie for my birthday). BUT ... here is the worst part. I have a terrible, terrible, illicit crush on the grey-haired blues singer who made it to the top 24. He looks like George Clooney + my handsome hairdresser combined. My fiance knows all about this & thinks it''s funny. Am I the only one???

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Your secret is safe with me sista! I am hooked on american idol this year and so is my hubby! And our favorite is Taylor Hicks! he is so talented and oozes so much soul. He is so great to watch...Actually my husband has the same grey hair as him, I think that is why he is such a big fan of his as well, I think he is living vicariously
emteeth.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco, I applaud your courage for coming out of the AI closet.
36.gif
I wanted to post a thread about it a few weeks ago when it started, but I didn''t have the guts. I am an AI nut too!!! And Taylor Hicks is so freakin'' cute. I love him to pieces. Ace isn''t bad either, but a little on the pretty side. I know the grey haired thing at 29 is weird, but maybe I''m just attracted to "weird!" Nope, you''re not the only one!!!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
EW DECO that guy is icky!!! I'm so not a fan of going-gray-early types and his hair looks like a bad wig!! Sorry gal can't get behind ya on that one!

So far I am like 2 days behind on watching it on TiVo but so far I adore the granddaughter of that famous singer, and also I really like the blonde poor country girl, I don't know if she made it but she's still on the one I am watching.

The drama on this show is just hilarious, I just watched the one where the two brothers were causing all that drama about resigning then asking to come back...gosh get over it already, what makes them so special? They ain't even all that good!!

I didn't used to watch AI but we got hooked on it last season and my Dad took us and my sister to go see the tour where Fantasia won...heehehe. I of course told NO ONE in my real life about that little concert...hehehe.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, the contestant section on the AI website is now Open, Taaaa DAaaaaa!!!

taylor.jpg

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2006 5:28:31 PM
Author: Mara
EW DECO that guy is icky!!! I''m so not a fan of going-gray-early types and his hair looks like a bad wig!! Sorry gal can''t get behind ya on that one!

So far I am like 2 days behind on watching it on TiVo but so far I adore the granddaughter of that famous singer, and also I really like the blonde poor country girl, I don''t know if she made it but she''s still on the one I am watching.

The drama on this show is just hilarious, I just watched the one where the two brothers were causing all that drama about resigning then asking to come back...gosh get over it already, what makes them so special? They ain''t even all that good!!

I didn''t used to watch AI but we got hooked on it last season and my Dad took us and my sister to go see the tour where Fantasia won...heehehe. I of course told NO ONE in my real life about that little concert...hehehe.
The twin brothers were arrested after those were shot. Something to do with identity theft. I love AI. Especially the first auditions. Why do people tell their friends and family they can sing when they clearly can''t? It''s just cruel. There are some very big egos on some very untalented people. I know I can''t sing
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow arrested for identity theft...HOW NICE!!

seriously there are tons of people who cannot sing and think they can. i love when they get all mad and tell the judges off and that they will go and ''see them at the top''....ohhhkay whatever you say people!

actually my signature is something simon said last week to a particularly horrible singer...hehehee.
11.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMMMMMMM. Picture!! Be still my heart!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Yea! I''m so glad I''m not alone in the madness. My fiance started watching last season to humor me (his big screen was perfect for maximum pleasure) ... then Bo came on the scene and he was semi-hooked. But LAST NIGHT our big cat Bill jumped on his lap during a key moment & he exclaimed "Hey, you''re getting in the way of my program!" I was like "YOUR PROGRAM?? Aha!!! I knew it!!".
31.gif

That darn Taylor Hicks is the best thing this season ... so charming & sezzzzzxy. I loved how he came into the final "find out" meeting playing the harmonica! And did you catch his DANCING at the end! Hilarious!

Okay ... I''ll stop now.

p.s. - Mara, I double dare you not to fall under his spell once you catch up on your Tivo. No spoilers! No spoilers!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE AI. I am not proud. I even vote.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

My name is Melissa and I love American Idol.

Not sure who I
30.gif
this season...I''ll have to wait and see the final 24 perform...

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2006 5:44:28 PM
Author: Mara
wow arrested for identity theft...HOW NICE!!

seriously there are tons of people who cannot sing and think they can. i love when they get all mad and tell the judges off and that they will go and ''see them at the top''....ohhhkay whatever you say people!

actually my signature is something simon said last week to a particularly horrible singer...hehehee.
11.gif
I wonder if these people ever actually watch themselves on Idol and still think they can sing....

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
My name is Melissa and I love American Idol.

LOL!!!! Melissa you are cracking me up!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe, I watch it too. We don't have TiVo so i'm right on schedule but my sister is days behind and TiVo's everything. It drives me nuts b/c when I call her and say "did you see_____?" she's like, "no, haven't caught up yet"
15.gif
. Hubby can't stand the show and just rolls his eyes at me and my reality TV obsession
20.gif
9.gif

oh, and I like the girl of the famous aunt or whatever too..

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melissa, I wonder if somewhere they have an AIA (American Idol Anonymous) group, ha!

I, too, am glad that Terrelldum and Derrelldee got the boot, even if it was due to their "legal issues." I loved it when Simon called one of them out for having a "hissy" attitude! They were WAY too much drama, and as much as I like the drama on that show, it was too much for me!

I really like almost all of the 24 who made it last night, with the exception of the girl from NY (can''t remember her name, but she''s not a twin--that''s the other girl from NY). She apparently didn''t make it through to the top 24 last year and is back again with a major vengeance. Simon loves her because she''s been all about how great she is for t.v. because of her sassy attitude...she totally reminds me of the girl from last year who made it to the top 12, um, she sang Barbara Streisand and sounded like Fran Drescher...anyway, she annoyed the living daylights out of me. I kept waiting for the guy with the cane to come out and pull her right off the stage by her obnoxious little neck!

My husband will never come out of the AI closet. Denial, denial, denial.
emwink.gif
I know the truth, though...

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Yup, Taylor Hicks, Ace, and the blond country girl rule. I also love, love, love the granddaughter of the famous singer too.

I voted for Bo a couple of times last season.

shay

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
We watch too. Our daughter LOVES AI. Several of the mommies in our neighborhood and our daughters all went to the AI tour when it came through DC last season. The little girls loved Carrie and the mommies loved Bo.
2.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I will fully admit that I am an American Idol Addict ... and so is my boyfriend. We''ve been hooked ever since we discovered it half way through season 1. I''ve seen every episode. I have an American Idol t-shirt. I vote. I saw the Season One top 10 in concert. My boyfriend and I even enjoyed Valentine''s Day Dinner by candlelight while watching the Hollywood auditions.

Oh, wow. I promise I''m not crazy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha now i just have to watch and catch up now!!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love love AI. There is some great talent this year. Katharine McPhee, the one whose mom is a voice coach is phenomenal. I also love Mandisa (sp?) she has presence!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait for the voting portion of the show to begin. SOOOO excited. My FI pretends that he doesn't like the show...but really he listens and will often comment on the bad notes...

Although really, I love pretty much all reality t.v. I know it is all complete mindless crap that really panders to the lowest of the low...but I just love it. I am weak. I figure that so long as I read for a while before I go to bed, that will cancel out the brain cells lost while I watched the Bachelor. I feel dirty even writing that. I seriously need a reality t.v. 12 step group.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve drawn the line at voting until this year...I''ve always been with Cingular, so I really had no excuse not to vote the last couple seasons, but I felt that if I didn''t vote, somehow I wouldn''t be considered an AI addict. Kind of like an alcoholic saying they''re not because they don''t drink before 5, or whatever.
face21.gif
emwink.gif
I think this year I might have to go ahead and vote, though...I wasted too much breath last season grumbling about Constantine making it so far, lol! I hope that Ace is the new and improved Constantine this year! OMG, I''ve already posted way too much on this thread, sorry everyone. I''m gonna have to head over to an AI chat room or something just to get it out of my system. Hubby only listens to SO much, you know?

I did think Taylor''s harmonica entrance/exit was fabulous, and Mandeesa, gotta give that girl props for being able to forgive Simon so sweetly for his ridiculous comment. And wow, the gal from L.A. can totally sing--she has such a beautiful voice and sweet demeanor. OK, I promise no more long-winded posts, I will save my AI speeches for work on Wed. and Thurs. mornings (fellow addicts there, too!)
face23.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I, too, LOVE AI...I got to go to the AI concert in LA and was fortunate to see Bo Bice perform, along with the others. It was in the news a few days later that he had to have emergency surgery and was out like forever...

I agree that there is alot of talent this year, and I am excited to see what happens...I agree about Ace...yummy!
emsmilep.gif
....I will out of town next Tuesday night on a plane to St. Lucia for my anniversary/honeymoon so I will have to miss AI for that week, but I will catch up when I come back on March 2!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2006 5:18:49 PM
Author:decodelighted
Yes ... I am an addict. I even went to see their last tour (courtesy of my sweetie for my birthday). BUT ... here is the worst part. I have a terrible, terrible, illicit crush on the grey-haired blues singer who made it to the top 24. He looks like George Clooney + my handsome hairdresser combined. My fiance knows all about this & thinks it''s funny. Am I the only one???
No...he defintely has something sweet about him...and he can sing to boot!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2006 5:28:52 PM
Author: monarch64
Ha ha, the contestant section on the AI website is now Open, Taaaa DAaaaaa!!!
He''s not my type, but he is a sweet guy, nonetheless...
emembarrassed.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so i'm all caught up...i love chris daughtry, the bald cute guy...ace is a cutie too. i was so happy to see kellie made it, the blonde country girl, and paris, the granddaughter of the famous singer...and also that one gal, i can't remember her name but she has long dark hair and she had really bright lipstick on...she said something about opera and classical melding with modern? her voice was VERY sweet and melodic, something different. oh and manresa has an excellent voice too!

so now what happens? i can't remember how it starts really...how do they get it down from here?

i really don't like that brenna girl, the dark haired loudmouth one...i hope she goes first..haha.

i can already see people choosing their favorites in this thread...wonder who the last 12 will be?!

omg and that guy elliott? was he grossing anyone else out in the group sing the other day where you could see in the inside of his crooked teeth? i swear that they were green inside. i was like ewww!!!! he has a great voice but no more close in-mouth shots please!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2006 6:34:08 PM
Author: Shay37
Yup, Taylor Hicks, Ace, and the blond country girl rule. I also love, love, love the granddaughter of the famous singer too.

I voted for Bo a couple of times last season.

shay
Ditto...lots of interesting and talented folks this year...

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Mara - I believe we (you know, the voting AI public), narrow the top 24 down to the top 12...I think they''ll have groups of five or six maybe and two or three will move on? SOmething like that. I think we can vote next week.

I definitely like Ace. His back story was really sweet as well. And that little Paris is super talented too. That Bucky guy is ick. IMHO...but it should be interesting to see how things go...

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I found this just for you!!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROFL, that is tooooo cute moonriver! I''m just glad Paula seems to be back to her old self again--out from under the influence of painkillers or whatever it was--this year! Oh yes, and, Corey who???
face1.gif
emfist.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just waiting for someone to jump off the stage and beat the crap out of Snarky Simon
38.gif
It''s one thing to insult their singing as that is why they''re there, but to insult their weight, hair, clothing, overall appearance etc.... He''s just cruel.
I don''t really watch that often, just when I''m at my daughters house, but I keep up with what''s going on with the tabloids and such.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results