shape
carat
color
clarity

Best of PS - 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh....and a few others......

Don''t know if the "kids on the jewelry counter in the mall" thread was this year or last, but that was a doozy.

Totally the "move to NC or break up" thread - one of the rare threads in which nearly EVERYONE agreed....except the OP.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone! And I have to say...sniff sniff, I just love you guys!

One more month to Blog ''n Brownies!

WOOOOOOO!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Off the top of my head, here are my fav 2006 moments:

Rings:

My Quest ring
2.gif

Wallermama''s itty bitty diamond band
Tacori e-rings channel princess wedding band
SanDiegoLady''s 3 stone ring w/ plain platinum band
divergrrls honkin'' halo
Ebree''s new wf engagement ring

Weddings:

SanDiegoLady
JCrow
Tacori E-ring
GingerBCookie
Deco''s

Favorite thread: Celebrity rings!

Favorite PS high: I can''t pick just one... probably getting my new e-ring from Quest, seeing all of the wedding pictures
1.gif
from this past year!

PS low: Freaky poster who stalked Deco around PS, slandering her.
38.gif
And the woman who was going to declare bankruptcy but had a diamond upgrade planned already?!?
40.gif

Future 2007 PS resolutions: Delurk on the WWT and actually post there!

I will say that PS has become my "all in one" website. I don''t come here just for diamonds anymore, it''s become much more than that!
36.gif
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me the best thread hands down no contest was all the support and prayers in wifey2b''s surgery thread.
It made a nightmare time a lot easier for both of us.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2006 10:53:47 PM
Author: aljdewey
Lemon pie - by far and away! LOL

9.gif
Yep - lemon pie will always be a PS classic Aljd
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
THIS may become one of my favorite threads! It''s fun remembering....

I guess TG''s avatar thread had me laughing the most, (and another riotous one where everyone started changing their avatars, even stealing each others''. It was wildly funny and confusing, but short lived: admin disapproved...)

I love almost any thread heavily contributed to by Deco or Wallermama...

widget

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I think the thread that made me laugh the hardest was TG''s visitors book... Hilarious!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah, thanks february2003bride!

I love looking at everyone''s weddings and I love the celeb bling thread.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 9:44:14 AM
Author: february2003bride
38.gif
And the woman who was going to declare bankruptcy but had a diamond upgrade planned already?!?
40.gif
That one gets my vote for loudest scream & hardest smack her silly on the monitor.

Most enjoyable - all the Idol threads!

Sadly, I do not like pie.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
The changing of the avatar''s thread was pretty funny.

I also really enjoyed the forum games that marvel started!!

This past year seemed to bring a lot of PS''ers together in person as well. It has been great to hear the stories and see the pictures from these get togethers.
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I really enjoy looking at the wedding pictures and also the wedding dress pictures! Some that come to mind... JCrow, GingerBCookie, Robbie, TravelingGal, DecoDelighted, SanDiegoLady, and Tacori E Ring!

Some of my favorite ring threads...
Mara''s upgrade (that was this year right?), LynnB''s fishtail ring, TierHog''s royal assscher, KristyDarling''s upgrade, and recently, I enjoyed hearing from The Other Jake.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
The thread featuring the best PS Quote of 2006:

"The Dark Ages called, they want their Handbook back." -Decodelighted

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Having Blueroses story have a happy ending in real life, just awesome to read about.

2. Celebrity bling is too fun and one thread I cannot keep away from.

3. Meeting Lorelei and Kaleigh and really counting them as my friends.

4. Any thread that was supportive, non judgemental and helped someone in a time of need or crisis, just shows what an amazing community this is, and NOT just for bling.

5. Being able to share fun purchases, obsess over material things (which we all know are not all that matters but are still fun!) and having tons of honest and wonderful feedback, that comes from the right place. Most of my friends know I love bling, and some know a lot too, but nothing beats PS for pure unabashed support and encouragement!

As we bid 2006 goodbye, I hope 2007 is even better!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
ETA:

the recipes are awesome (but not good for the waistline!)

I LOVE seeing all the beautiful brides and seeing the happiness of the newly engaged, and living vicariously through the wedding plans of all the PS''ers...i have been married a while now (16 years plus) so it is nice to hear all the stories and add (hopefully) some wisdom or good information when a question crops up...

I have laughed and teared up and been frustrated, but I love checking in here and getting caught up! Cheers to all the amazing people who make PS what it is...each and everyone contributes and is such a stong persona to me and I have only met a Miss Kaleigh and Madame Bijoux in person so far.

Lorelei is one of the greatest people here, and I hope we will get to meet in person one day too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 1:36:58 AM
Author: diamondfan

Lorelei is one of the greatest people here, and I hope we will get to meet in person one day too!
Yes she is.
16.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness - THANKS DF and Ellen!!! Love ya both too!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Alj on the Move to NC or break up.

One of my personal favorites, I can''t find or remember the name of. It was the one where the guy bought a ring that ended up with the wrong diamond, a better one. It was really interesting to see what people thought he should do, and how to go about it. Quite a passionate thread, but the best parts were from kenny, who kept interjecting funny statements every once in awhile. I found it hilarious, but was hesitant to comment at the time because some people were SO emotional about it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 8:45:13 AM
Author: Lorelei
Oh my goodness - THANKS DF and Ellen!!! Love ya both too!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yer welcome!
2.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Oh how fun!
36.gif

I''ve been busy the last few days, but have been wanting to erspond to this thread!

I have many favorites, but here are a few

- WWT...they all have some GREAT tips!. I just joined them recently but I love the group there....and I love when the share recipes!!!
- The Engagement Chicken thread because it made me laugh
9.gif

- All the wedding threads (I look at all the pictures!)
- The Pictures of Couples thread in the LIW forum...I love putting a face to the avatar!
2.gif

- The American Idol threads!!! made me enjoy Idol much much more!!!
- Kimberly''s "Why set a deadline" thread...and Mara''s "How to manage your guy into engagement" (she had a great point but had a tough time explaining we weren''t really talking about ''managing'')..haha
- Any thread where aljdewey or Deco give some tough love!....straight to the point and they usually say what I want to say but can''t find words to express.
- Ally''s thread. I haven''t been able to post into her new thread, but I did read it and it made me teary eyed!.....I love reading stories of strogn women and she''s definitely one!!!
- Blue''s thread...made me teary eyed and was just a great story!!!!!!!!!
1.gif

I love PS
9.gif
36.gif

M~

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
for the shout-outs & LUV!

I''m afraid there''s pro wedding pictures/more snark & tough love in the offing .... be skeerd 2007, be very skeerd.
3.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
There have been many, many threads that have just made my day this year.

However, the recent "I''m the flower girl" thread by Robbie just may be my all time favorite.

And Deco, keep on keeping on.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 7:39:35 PM
Author: jas
There have been many, many threads that have just made my day this year.

However, the recent ''I''m the flower girl'' thread by Robbie just may be my all time favorite.

And Deco, keep on keeping on.
This has to join the aforementioned "Visitor''s book" thread as Funniest of the year... I mean - Skywalker!! I''m laughing so hard I''m crying...

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
After coming back from a long month off visiting my BF in a far away land (and hosting my parents there...and having them meet his parents....phew) it''s good to see this thread.

I think my favorites were:

TG''s avatar thread, I think I was one of the two people who thought the original looked like a roach(teehee).

TG, Deco''s and Tybee''s weddings!

Also liked Galateia''s threads about her International LD relationship because I can definitely relate!

Loved Lynn B''s upgrade thread because it inspired my own fish-tail pave creation.

And also the threads in the LIW forum about what to do when the you are ready and the guy isnt'' especially the latest one that Alj spoke of (re: moving and unsurety about the relationship). I loved those threads because I am always fascinated by the fact that PSer''s are ready to give really good advice.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 10:41:48 AM
Author: Mandarine
Oh how fun!
36.gif

I''ve been busy the last few days, but have been wanting to erspond to this thread!

I have many favorites, but here are a few

- WWT...they all have some GREAT tips!. I just joined them recently but I love the group there....and I love when the share recipes!!!
- The Engagement Chicken thread because it made me laugh
9.gif

- All the wedding threads (I look at all the pictures!)
- The Pictures of Couples thread in the LIW forum...I love putting a face to the avatar!
2.gif

- The American Idol threads!!! made me enjoy Idol much much more!!!
- Kimberly''s ''Why set a deadline'' thread...and Mara''s ''How to manage your guy into engagement'' (she had a great point but had a tough time explaining we weren''t really talking about ''managing'')..haha
- Any thread where aljdewey or Deco give some tough love!....straight to the point and they usually say what I want to say but can''t find words to express.
- Ally''s thread. I haven''t been able to post into her new thread, but I did read it and it made me teary eyed!.....I love reading stories of strogn women and she''s definitely one!!!
- Blue''s thread...made me teary eyed and was just a great story!!!!!!!!!
1.gif

I love PS
9.gif
36.gif

M~
Wow, as a relative newbie I am honored to have been on someone''s favorite thread list! Thanks so much!

As for my vote: any thread deco writes is bound to either make me laugh or think, either way it''s a good thing.

And Blue''s thread was a great happily ever after.

I am looking forward to joining the AI thread this year...I lurked on it last year (and routed for Taylor along with deco), it will be fun to chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results