shape
carat
color
clarity

Will these stones make good studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
miranda, look to the right, I think I see a pup face there too!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 8:44:04 PM
Author: diamondfan
miranda, look to the right, I think I see a pup face there too!
Oh diamondfan...I am sooo tired...I meant to say I can only see the one on the right. Is the other pup face just to the left of it? I am seriously obsessing about finding the other dog!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s hilarious! Is there a doggy thread? I have more pictures of the TWO dogs.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Working on it now. Give me 5.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Other than diamonds and cats, dogs are my favorite...Oh yes, and my children...LOL!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i would not have said this if df hadn''t mentioned she was not crazy about the wh drops but i am not either. i think those studs would really be a nice addition to your jewelry collection. so versatile! i don''t think that they are too big at all. i hope your guy gets them for you.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I wear 1.67 tcw studs every day and I think they are perfect. They definitely aren''t too big for everyday.

I think the studs are much more versatile than the drops. I love my studs. They go with everything!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could use the studs, but I love the HW earrings (though I recognise they''re not for work). The other half thinks they are special, and he''s the giver. Also, beside my birthday, we are commemorating something else.

Crown 1,
No worries.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda, the one on the left seems to have less black on the face so s/he blends into the cushion!

Harriet. I agree that there are more exciting earrings than studs. BUT, I think I have pretty good style, and I just was not wowed by those earrings. If you want something more fun than a stud, you might want to look elsewhere, just to see what else there is. I just think you could do better.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I am voting for the studs any day. I have a pair of 2+ carat tw and they do not look too big and I do wear them everyday. In fact, I had smaller studs initially but they began to look too small after a while so decided that I wanted the larger ones instead. The HW, whilst fanciful, are not for everyday use, IMO. Now, if you were to buy those in addition to, and not instead of the studs, then that''d be a different story!
2.gif

I second others'' suggestion on jackets. Pls see my thread on my current earring project.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 10:25:34 PM
Author: diamondfan
Miranda, the one on the left seems to have less black on the face so s/he blends into the cushion!

Harriet. I agree that there are more exciting earrings than studs. BUT, I think I have pretty good style, and I just was not wowed by those earrings. If you want something more fun than a stud, you might want to look elsewhere, just to see what else there is. I just think you could do better.
You know I trust your style. Any suggestions as to non-studs?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 10:35:14 PM
Author: lienTN
Harriet, I am voting for the studs any day. I have a pair of 2+ carat tw and they do not look too big and I do wear them everyday. In fact, I had smaller studs initially but they began to look too small after a while so decided that I wanted the larger ones instead. The HW, whilst fanciful, are not for everyday use, IMO. Now, if you were to buy those in addition to, and not instead of the studs, then that'd be a different story!
2.gif

I second others' suggestion on jackets. Pls see my thread on my current earring project.
Hey, no you're scaring me about the size of the studs in question. Luckily, I will be buying both the HWs and the studs, just at different times. If I wait on the latter, I'll be able to spring for bigger ones.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hard to say. How tall are you? Do you wear your hair down or up most of the time? On non work occasions, how do you tend to dress? I love diamond hoops, either paved or with individually set stones, or some type of lovely diamond chandelier earring.

I would get studs as they are basic and lovely and a nice part of a basic jewelry wardrobe. You can also attach things to them later, like pear drops or colored stone drops or pearls.

If you have two occasions, I might go for studs and then diamond hoops, nothing tooo crazy, but something you could wear out on a Sat night or with a little black dress.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m still voting for the studs. I wear 1 carat in each ear. They are from WF - expert selection. I wear them daily, and some day hope to add some jackets or something dangly ala Leon Mege...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to be torn apart, but I have to admit that I don''t care for hoops!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about some other sort of chandelier earring? I am just saying look around, go to Tiffany''s, Bergdorfs, Saks, and get some ideas. I tried on the HW earrings and just did not think they were great. Just okay. But if you love them, certainly it is about you and not me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing about the studs is that they can be worn everyday, but the HW ones you might only wear a few times a year when you dress up to go out. It''s not bad to have both at all, but it''s a matter of whether you want the versatile ones first or the dressy ones.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m still voting for the studs, too. Have you seen this thread? Nocturnes has some BEAUTIFUL halo jackets made by the one and only LM!https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-earrings.58933/

Get the studs now - if you want 1 ct. each and want to stay in your same $ range go for a bit lower in color and clarity...You or anyone else won''t know the diff. Get fab jackets made by LM later!!!! It''s a win win girl!

And I finally see the TWO dogs in your av. My vision is clearer after dinner.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
And since you pointed it out I also see the adorable puppies in your avatar Harriet! And I too still say to go with studs. The ones you are looking at are terrific and can always be upgraded to bigger ones if you wish.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:36:11 PM
Author: Harriet
Aljdewey,
Show me yours, please.
Sure thing. These are pictures of my studs......those are .55 and .16.

16%20and%2055a.JPG
1655ontheear22.JPG

I am on the way to getting two .75 stones, and those will be leverback dangle-style earrings.......something like this:
original.aspx

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aljdewey,
Greedy, greedy (just like moi)...
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It appears that I've outgrown the studs from my parents. In total, I have 4 rbs from them -- 2 of 3.5mm each, 2 of 5 mm each. I'm not using them currently, but would like to for sentimental reasons. Any suggestions for a re-setting? Oh, I also have 2 5 mm pearls, if they can be incorporated.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, my parents gave me small diamond studs for my 18th birthday, and it was really neat for me to be able to give them to my oldest daughter when she turned 18. I have other items that I got when I was young that have sentimental value but that I no longer wear. So with two girls, I just pass them down. If I didn''t have daughters, I''d still hold those items until I had grandchildren. So I''d really recommend saving those studs and giving them to your future children or grandchildren.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Harriet - I am looking at the same size studs for Christmas, so I have had some time to ponder different stud sizes. So, I was wondering if at .84 instead of .75 will jackets (such as a pave) have to be custom because it seems all of the jackets are for .5, .75., 1 etc.? Or does that small size difference not matter? Just a consideration.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 8:05:04 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Harriet, my parents gave me small diamond studs for my 18th birthday, and it was really neat for me to be able to give them to my oldest daughter when she turned 18. I have other items that I got when I was young that have sentimental value but that I no longer wear. So with two girls, I just pass them down. If I didn't have daughters, I'd still hold those items until I had grandchildren. So I'd really recommend saving those studs and giving them to your future children or grandchildren.
Sorry, no kids!

How about smaller diamond + drop + pearl + drop + bigger diamond?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 8:06:09 PM
Author: bluehue
Harriet - I am looking at the same size studs for Christmas, so I have had some time to ponder different stud sizes. So, I was wondering if at .84 instead of .75 will jackets (such as a pave) have to be custom because it seems all of the jackets are for .5, .75., 1 etc.? Or does that small size difference not matter? Just a consideration.
Interesting point.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two 5mm stones would be a good size to use with detachable drops like Widget did. I''ll have to think about the others.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you think of a diamond-pearl-diamond drop earring? Alternatively, a diamond-pearl-diamond ring (I'll then have 2 similar rings)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results