shape
carat
color
clarity

leon mege earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
has anyone here had stud earrings made from leon mege? how much did they cost, if you don''t mind saying? could you post pics?

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know of anyone on Pricescope that has LM studs. Were you planning for him to source the stones for you as well as making the studs?

I love LM (my e-ring is from Art of Platinum so I'm biased), but don't think that you will get the full LM impact unless the earrings are pave. Have you any pics of the earrings you were thinking of having made?

The 3 prong martini settings have been done by others on here - Whiteflash are the most popular. Is it the claw prongs you are interested in?

Mine are from Whiteflash and are slightly claw pronged, but I'm sure they could shape them to your wishes if you mention it! I have the heavy martini's (D's 0.38ct each), but the handmade ones are more delicate. If I ever upgrade these, I would probably go for the handmade settings, but D's with blue fluorescence don't come up often!

Hope that helps?

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
yeah, i just liked leon's work because he has something very similar to what katie has - those sapphire ones i liked. they don't list a price and i wanted to know how much he would charge for earrings approximately. would it be worth the money? if not and its too pricey, i'll stick with regular studs...

nocturnes

Rough_Rock

Hi, I''m a long term lurker. Leon made my martini studs with micropave jackets. His work is just impectable. Even though the price he charged was the highest among all the custom martini studs I quoted at the time, I have no complain at all after seeing his final product.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Originally I wasn''t able to decide between plain martini studs or studs with micropave halo. Then Leon gave me a wonderful suggestion of making the micropave halo as jackets. So now I have two pair of earrings instead of one. When I dress casually, I just wear the plain studs. When I want to dress up, adding the jackets instantly boost the bling effect big time. Besides, I get the idea of having more jackets in the future.

3.gif

The cost for plain martini studs was $1000, studs and jackets $3000.

Here are the pictures of my G VS2 .59ct each Leon Mege studs and micropave jackets.

LM studs w jackets 1.JPG

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Studs and jackets

LM studs w jackets 2.JPG

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Plain martini stud ear shot.

Ear shot 1.JPG

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
With micropave jacket.

Ear shot 2.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set nocturnes!!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Nocturnes, they are FABULOUS, with or without the jackets.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. Those earrings are GORGEOUS! I love them with or without the jackets. And they look HUGE on your ear. They are truly stunning. I''m assuming the $1000 for the studs did not include the diamonds, right?

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for all of your compliments. There is a BIG difference of visual effect when I put the jackets on. By the way, I truly hope the $1000 includes diamonds.
2.gif
However, it''s just Leon''s labor and platinum cost.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
a ha! i knew someone had them but they were hiding! lol!!!! those are so beautiful! so they were $4000? or $5000? to be honest, they look like $10000!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
We''re glad you posted Nocturnes. The jackets were a terrific idea and they are just gorgeous!!!

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
They look like $10000? You made my day!
30.gif
30.gif
The total cost of labor plus material for both studs and jackets was $3000, center stones not included.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
these were the ones i wanted to get, much like katie's. anyone have a cost estimate? by the way, i was told to emphasize the colored stone that putting d, vvs2 or above diamonds is best to make the sapphire stand out....would leon get these stones?

e30307wwhx1.jpg

katie's:

khearring2pl4.jpg
khzz3.jpg

it looks like katie has really good small quality diamonds b/c the sapphire just sparkles!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous earrings nocturn....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
LM is the best!!!

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
I think you can talk to Leon directly regarding your idea. Base on the cost of my martini studs and jackets, I''ll estimate $1000 per pair of studs, plus $2000 for a pair of micropave jackets if you want to have jackets with exchangeable center. However, it also depends on how you want the jacket to be micropaved. My jacket was "Belgium set", with melee set on both top and side of halo; it''s the most expensive type of setting according to Leon. The earrings in the picture you got from Leon''s site only had micropave on the top of halo, so the cost should be less.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
nocturnes, your earring are just amazing. I''ve always wanted something of Leon''s and doing studs with the jackets is a top contender for my wish list from him...I love, love, love them
30.gif
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG nocturnes, your studs and jackets are FABULOUS!!!!
30.gif
....and I think much nicer than the ones pictured with colored stones from his website.

Your jackets appear to be sort of "martini" in style, and better yet..have two-sided pave.

Just gorgeous. Congratulations!

widget

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Great work! biblobaggins23 i just wanted to point out to you that nocturnes's jackets are 2-sided (which is just exquisite!) and those with colored stones are not, so maybe you should ask for a specific quote.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 10:20:24 AM
Author: biblobaggins23
i was told to emphasize the colored stone that putting d, vvs2 or above diamonds is best to make the sapphire stand out....
You don''t need vvs1 stones that small ... that''s "overkill" IMO. As long as the stones aren''t cloudy or heavily included (i.e - lower than S12) you should be fine. Clarity is the most OVERRATED "c" when it comes to a) ROUND BRILLIANT stones ... and B) SMALL stones.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 10:47:53 AM
Author: widget
OMG nocturnes, your studs and jackets are FABULOUS!!!!
30.gif
DITTO ... WOW!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are magnificent!!!!! YUMMO!!!!

doobao

Shiny_Rock
So purrrrrrrrty~

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those jackets are so beautiful!!! Wow!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous!!!
36.gif
I''d be looking for ruby and sapphire studs to wear in the halo now!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anybody have a guess as to how many mm Katie''s sapphires are? My diamonds are .75 each and I wouldn''t want it to look gaudy to have a halo on them, but maybe it could work. I like the size of yours a lot nocturnes!

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
I''m glad you gals love my earrings. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Diamondseeker2006, as my center stones of .59ct each were very small in Leon''s definition, Leon left airline between my center stone and jacket to make the center stone look much bigger. Without airline, the center stones won''t have that much of enlargement effect.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Nocturnes, I love love love your earrings!!! They are a work of art...& I love that they''re versatile!!!
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
holy smokes!!! Gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results