shape
carat
color
clarity

Will these stones make good studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen,
I didn''t understand why it was called a "martini setting", but now I do.

P.S.
I will wear them in good health.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 8:41:59 AM
Author: Harriet
Ellen,
I didn''t understand why it was called a ''martini setting'', but now I do.

P.S.
I will wear them in good health.
2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. Enjoy the studs! They will be perfect for daily wear.

Be mindful of them in terms of the backing, until you get use to them. Is your hair long?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi harriette, nice studs! waiting for ear shots.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 9:07:34 AM
Author: starryeyed

Be mindful of them in terms of the backing, until you get use to them. Is your hair long?
I'm a bit dense today and don't understand your advice, which I'm sure is sound.
1.gif
My hair is shoulder-lenth.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got these head-on shots from WF.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The second one.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 7:11:41 PM
Author: Harriet
Date: 3/27/2007 9:07:34 AM
Author: starryeyed
I''m a bit dense today and don''t understand your advice, which I''m sure is sound.
1.gif
My hair is shoulder-lenth.
Sorry Harriet - I wasn''t particularly clear, was I?

I guess what I''m trying to say is, try to understand the security of the backing. For example, if your hair gets caught, can the back become dislodged? Or, if you take off a turtleneck, do they stay put? If you plan to wear them all of the time, you want to know that they will stay on.

I lost a stud once and it was awful. I now have "la pousette" backings, which are very secure.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, those are great close-up shots, Harriet! They look beautiful!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I understand now.
1.gif

I feel your pain. I can''t find my brand-new pearl studs.
5.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome studs, Harriet. And I just want to add that I really enjoy reading about your various projects here on PS! Thank you.
28.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks and welcome!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Those are simply gorgeous, Harriet. LOOOOVEEEE them.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ll see them in August.
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif
, and that gorgeous ACA too!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bak kwa for me.
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to forget the lovely HW drop earrings!
36.gif
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup! Btw, do you know of a good tailor in Singapore who can make women''s suits?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Negative on that, I''m afraid. I''ve tried a few (inclg the ones highly recommended by friends) but have lucked out each time. Maybe it''s because I have a funny body
8.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hong Kong then? What about London?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same experience in HK
15.gif
! Can''t comment abt London but labour there is so expensive, it''d cost you an arm and a leg and more!!
3.gif
. I think the Brits to go HK and Singapore to have their suits made. If you''d lilke, i''d dig up the tailor details here in S''pore and give them to you. You can always try to make a smaller item first, something like a skirt or a blouse and see how it goes.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please do. I already have the suit, which fits me perfectly. All I need is someone to copy it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, give me a few days to dig them up. We''ve recently moved house and still haven''t managed to unpack/ re-organise everything yet.
6.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I hate moving. Where''s the new place (you don''t have to answer)? Btw, have you seen the new St. Regis condos?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is. Wow! You went to HPPS? That's so great! We're thinking that if and when we have kids, we'd send them to HP. It has an excellent reputation and we personally as well as have heard of people who have bought into the area just so that they can send their kids to HP.

"A&A" is actually a Singaporean term for "addition & alteration", meaning that you basically rip out yr house, turning it upside down (well, almost
2.gif
), adding some extension to it, re-wiring, re-plumbing, practically the works, but falling short of a "reconstruction" (more extensive, translating into much more expensive) and "erection" (yeah, I know, he he
2.gif
) meaning knocking it down and rebuilding totally from scratch (piling and all
6.gif
).

Yeah, although I consider myself pretty good at real estate investments, I have my doubts abt buying in Singapore right now. Perhaps prices will go up a tad more but they are so over-inflated right now, it's ridiculous. Don't know much abt the NY market but you may want to check out the Suze Orman Show or her website. She's really really good and quite spot-on on a lot of financial things, inclg real estate. It'd be nice to buy into a place you really love.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excuse me, I went to RGPS, hor (it used to be next to HPPS).
2.gif

It would be nice to buy our flat, but we need to do some number crunching. It helps that the other half is an investment professional.
Btw, I have 2 more questions for you:
1. What do you think of my recycling project (on my "Wedding Pendant/Necklace"thread?
2. I''ll be in London for a weekend at the beginning of August. I''ve been there before and done the usual touristy stuff. Can you recommend any day trips?
Ta.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am sorry (blushed! and I deserve a
15.gif
1.gif
). I thought that HPPS was an excellent school, is it not?

I am afraid I agree with the others about waiting a while to get your wedding necklace to match yr dress.

Btw, I love short bobs. They are tres chic! I used to wear my hair in a short bob, very blunt/ sharp cut by this brilliant French man in HK, but when we left HK, I stopped wearing that style (no one can cut hair like he can - well, maybe David Gan but I've never tried David Gan). I tried to look the Frenchman up when I went to visit friends in HK but he was no longer there.
8.gif

As to yr question re the recycling project, I like it. I think it's a neat idea, and I'd put the largest stone in the middle and gradually going smaller. You might want to lay them out on a flat surface and see how it looks. It shouldn't cost you so much money and it's a great way to recycle stones you don't otherwise wear.

As for London, oh there are soooo many things you can do. It depends on what you're looking for, are you for example into history or more the art/ entertainment scene?. Are you looking to go out of London? I'd try Bath or Oxford or Cambridge. Lovely scenery with lots of history. If time is not a problem (you said a weekend? Long weekend, like 4 days or shorter like 2 days?), I'd recommend the Cotswold (do a web search) and there is one more place I've always wanted hubby and I to visit but haven't got round to it, but I forget the name. I'll think abt it and let you know later. You lucky devils. You're going to so many places.
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 1:34:18 AM
Author: lienTN
Oh, I am sorry (blushed! and I deserve a
15.gif
1.gif
). I thought that HPPS was an excellent school, is it not?

I am afraid I agree with the others about waiting a while to get your wedding necklace to match yr dress.

Btw, I love short bobs. They are tres chic! I used to wear my hair in a short bob, very blunt/ sharp cut by this brilliant French man in HK, but when we left HK, I stopped wearing that style (no one can cut hair like he can - well, maybe David Gan but I''ve never tried David Gan). I tried to look the Frenchman up when I went to visit friends in HK but he was no longer there.
8.gif

As to yr question re the recycling project, I like it. I think it''s a neat idea, and I''d put the largest stone in the middle and gradually going smaller. You might want to lay them out on a flat surface and see how it looks. It shouldn''t cost you so much money and it''s a great way to recycle stones you don''t otherwise wear.

As for London, oh there are soooo many things you can do. It depends on what you''re looking for, are you for example into history or more the art/ entertainment scene?. Are you looking to go out of London? I''d try Bath or Oxford or Cambridge. Lovely scenery with lots of history. If time is not a problem (you said a weekend? Long weekend, like 4 days or shorter like 2 days?), I''d recommend the Cotswold (do a web search) and there is one more place I''ve always wanted hubby and I to visit but haven''t got round to it, but I forget the name. I''ll think abt it and let you know later. You lucky devils. You''re going to so many places.
36.gif
No worries, I''m just a proud Rafflesian.
1.gif
As for HPPS, I just don''t know. It''s been a long time since primary school!

I get my hair done by a whiz at Bumble and Bumble. They use razors there, so the cuts are precise. Who does you hair now?

Any other recycling ideas for my 6 wee ones?
1.gif
This is the best one I''ve concocted so far.

We''re actually headed to Southhampton to board a cruise, and will fly into Luton a night or two before. So, we don''t actually have to stay in London. Have you been to Hampshire? There''s a nice looking Four Seasons there.

Btw, I uncovered yet another Maldivian resort. It''s called Coco Plam Bodu Hithi, and is brand new.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The studs are here. I''ll try to post earshots soon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results