shape
carat
color
clarity

Will these stones make good studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m counting on you for bak kwa the next time you''re headed this way!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For sure! It''d be my pleasure, though I can''t promise I wouldn''t eat half or all of it on the flight over!
2.gif
. Only kidding! No, I am not! Yes, I am ! no, I am not, yes, I am... he he....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha! There''s some in the freezer that I bought last summer. Is it still edible?

Please start a "Calling all Singaporeans" thread before we get kicked off Rocky Talky.

peachster

Rough_Rock
OK - I am going to give in to my curiosity. What is bak kwa?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a porcine product. Still want to know?
1.gif

jmoon

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking around this forum for about 2 weeks. I found pricescope because I am looking to buy my wife some diamond earrings for our 5 year anniversary. I wanted to get her something between 3/4 and 1 ct for each ear. I just had to say Harriet it''s too bad you saved these ones because I would want them if you haden''t. The size and price is perfect for what I want to get, and you did all the searching and matching. They really seem like they are going to be great. Congratulations.

I hope to find a pair around this size soon. I have looked at Whiteflash, good old gold, blue nile, all of them. I keep learning more and more about diamonds everyday . I feel like I am on diamond overload. Atleast I have until June to make up my mind. If I find some I''ll be sure to ask you all what you think.

James

jmoon

Rough_Rock
what do you guys think about this one and this one? They are a bit smaller then I originally wanted to get, but I think I have had it with looking and just want to buy. The price is really good too, with the left over money I may be able to take for a really nice night out including overnight away from the kids (if she would do that). Also do they sell the three prong setting that most people have?
Thanks for the help.
James

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,

I don''t think it keeps for that long, unless you''re really craving it and are willing to risk food poisoning..hey, it might be worth it if you''re really really craving it!
1.gif

Yes, I think I should start a thread something along the line of Singaporeans and Asian foods before we do get kicked off
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
James,
I''m really sorry. I''ll let you know if I change my mind.

Lien,
Please do. Good news -- my parents are giving me the studs (but they''re also looking at Sena and at another local jeweller). Help!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,

That''s great! But I''d really try to dissuade them from shopping at Sena or at any other local store if I were you. But if they insist on shopping in S''pore and don''t mind paying the hefty premium, I''d suggest that they look at the Destinee (I think that''s how it''s spelt) at Lee Hwa or Lazare at Larry''s or HOF at Tianpo. At least they, or rather you, would get a pretty decent cut.

(May I ask why, if you don''t mind, why they want to shop at Sena''s - is it because they''re yr parents'' acquaintances - or at another local store?)

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Harriet.....That pair from WF looks great. Love the size, go for it.

I am happy to hear that you are feeling better.

BTW - I''m a big fan of bak kwa. You should eat some once you get your studs.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jewels,
Many thanks for your well-wishes! Btw, how do you know about bak kwa?

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I was born and raised in Malaysia. Moved to Canada 15 years ago. I''m glad that I can get bak kwa here.

I do not post on PS often so may have missed many of your posts. Do you live in the States now?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look gorgeous, Harriet.
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good news -- I have the go-ahead from my parents. They say it will be the last present from them ever!

Moving on ... which mounting?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 10:02:16 AM
Author: Jewels
I was born and raised in Malaysia. Moved to Canada 15 years ago. I''m glad that I can get bak kwa here.

I do not post on PS often so may have missed many of your posts. Do you live in the States now?
I have been living here for 8 years or so. My dad is Malaysian, but I''m a Singapore girl. I''m so envious that you can get bak kwa!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so great! You have lovely parents.

As for which setting, in the past I always stuck to simple elegant settings (martini studs), but recently after having seen the photos on PS (it's all your fault, you PS'ers!
1.gif
), I've started to like halo, half-bezel etc. I know I am not of much help!
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I do.
36.gif

Please help me find the simplest WF setting.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I like simple and classic settings. I vote for 4 prong baskets or 3 prong martinis.

Soooo excited for you. I can''t wait to see pics. I want studs in these size for my next upgrade.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for three prong martini.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d like something as flush with my ear as possible.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 11:48:50 AM
Author: Harriet
I''d like something as flush with my ear as possible.
I don''t think you can get any more flush than with the martinis. I have them, love them!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please show me. Also, are there any pictures of people wearing 0.8+ studs?

I'm no expert. So, can one of you please answer James?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen,
Thanks. I''m going to cut out paper circles and stick them on my ears.
26.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 12:41:24 PM
Author: Harriet
Ellen,
Thanks. I''m going to cut out paper circles and stick them on my ears.
26.gif
You wouldn''t be the first.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha about the circles on the ears!

Harriet, you''ll find some good ear shots on that thread. Mine are close to the size of those above. Just picture a tiny bit larger!

James, about every six weeks WhiteFlash gets a new shipment of stones that have been cut to their specifications. I had to wait a few months, but eventually a perfectly matched pair in the size, color, and clarity I wanted came along. H and I color seem to be very popular and go very quickly, so you need to reserve them before posting on here asking for opinions. You''ll find that most stones in that range will be around .70-.85. There seem to be fewer in the .85-.99 range. There are many lurkers on here and anyone is free to reserve a stone even if they see one posted on here by someone else. The first to pay gets the stone!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get the hand made Martini setting Harriet. I have them, they sit flush on your ear and all you see is bling!!! Trust me. I got mine from WF last summer and am thrilled with them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results