shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash VS Facets? HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 7:52:33 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 5/6/2006 7:42:02 PM
Author: belle

Date: 5/6/2006 7:13:41 PM

Author: Mara

''Like I would be saying, look SP knows more about what is safe for a shared prong setting then WF does, don’t work with WF. ''

The one other thing I would say here is that we have seen on here numerous problems that SP has with their own shared prong settings. I honestly don''t think you would have been any happier with the SP ring set than you were with the WF ring set. Whether the stone is loose in a head or the rings eat each other...both settings would have been problematic for you in my opinion.
of course this is speculation, and my own opinion but i think she didn''t want an eternity band anymore, otherwise she would have gone with signed pieces if she wasn''t happy with wf. instead, she ends up getting a plain solitaire and suddenly the ring from wf that she was so happy with has workmanship problems.

hmm i would think ya would want a plain band too after an eternity band made your fingers bleed.
well, except that it was the half eternity that supposedly made her fingers bleed. that is why she had wf remake the ring as a full eternity.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
What ever transpired having to get the BBB involved is not something id expect from the WF iv recommended many times.
They used to be better than that.
Its sad.
I find it even sadder to read that its being welcomed.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:22:46 PM

''Like I would be saying, look SP knows more about what is safe for a shared prong setting then WF does, don’t work with WF. ''

The one other thing I would say here is that we have seen on here numerous problems that SP has with their own shared prong settings. I honestly don''t think you would have been any happier with the SP ring set than you were with the WF ring set. Whether the stone is loose in a head or the rings eat each other...both settings would have been problematic for you in my opinion.
of course this is speculation, and my own opinion but i think she didn''t want an eternity band anymore, otherwise she would have gone with signed pieces if she wasn''t happy with wf. instead, she ends up getting a plain solitaire and suddenly the ring from wf that she was so happy with has workmanship problems.

hmm i would think ya would want a plain band too after an eternity band made your fingers bleed.
well, except that it was the half eternity that supposedly made her fingers bleed. that is why she had wf remake the ring as a full eternity.
2.gif
And the reason I went with WF in the first place was that SP had said that the original stone was too large to be set in their shared prong setting, so naturally the new one would have been as well.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:22:46 PM

2.gif

ok one made her finger bleed and the other was poor quality still sounds like a good reason to want a plain band to me to avoid both issues.
Now if ya want to make that out to be evil more power to ya but it makes sence to me.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:25:26 PM
What ever transpired having to get the BBB involved is not something id expect from the WF iv recommended many times.
Its sad.
how many times have you purchased from wf strm? what is your experience with them?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:28:31 PM
Author: Matatora

And the reason I went with WF in the first place was that SP had said that the original stone was too large to be set in their shared prong setting, so naturally the new one would have been as well.
2.gif
so, clarify for me why you went with wf.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:34:14 PM

ok one made her finger bleed and the other was poor quality still sounds like a good reason to want a plain band to me to avoid both issues.
Now if ya want to make that out to be evil more power to ya but it makes sence to me.
how did you determine the second was poor quality?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

Its sad.

With all due respect, I think it''s a bit unfair at this point to assume that you (or any of us) can know which party is ultimately at fault here. I certainly wouldn''t presume to know that based on the information provided here. That is up to the BBB to decide.

What we know for sure is that Mat is unhappy with her transaction with WF for a variety of reasons. We also know that WF disagrees with her rendition of what happened and believe they treated her fairly. That''s all we can know for certain. I''m sure we all have our opinions about what may have transpired, but really, I''m not sure how fair it is to either party to conjecture here.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:41:12 PM

2.gif
WF said the stone would be safe, that the ring would not have overhang and because my fiancé thought it would be easier to have WF set it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:37:55 PM

Its sad.

how many times have you purchased from wf strm? what is your experience with them?

Not that its your business, but when I was shopping Lesley was top notch to work with.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:47:39 PM

2.gif
WF said the stone would be safe, that the ring would not have overhang and because my fiancé thought it would be easier to have WF set it.
Was there overhang on the shared prong setting? Was it diamond overhang that caused your finger to bleed?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:53:58 PM
Author: Jelly

Date: 5/6/2006 8:47:39 PM

2.gif
Was there overhang on the shared prong setting? Was it diamond overhang that caused your finger to bleed?
There was some overhang of the stones in the setting (in both the first and second). It was the prongs sticking out in an odd way that made my finger bleed.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:46:55 PM
Author: Demelza

Its sad.

With all due respect, I think it''s a bit unfair at this point to assume that you (or any of us) can know which party is ultimately at fault here. I certainly wouldn''t presume to know that based on the information provided here. That is up to the BBB to decide.

What we know for sure is that Mat is unhappy with her transaction with WF for a variety of reasons. We also know that WF disagrees with her rendition of what happened and believe they treated her fairly. That''s all we can know for certain. I''m sure we all have our opinions about what may have transpired, but really, I''m not sure how fair it is to either party to conjecture here.

Iy doesnt really matter who is at fault it would not have gotten to this point in the old days.
More than likely there is plenty of faults on both sides because no one is perfect.
Hopefully they will get someone good on the case at the BBB and get it sorted out.

I spose I should have said that the comment was my personal thoughts about the whole mess and nothing more.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:46:55 PM
Author: Demelza

Its sad.

very very well said dem.

we don''t know the whole story. i was absolutely baffled when this old thread was bumped by matatora with pictures that someone else took. i am not here in defense of wf. they can defend themselves. i was questioning for myself why this sudden turn of events happened. up until very recently matatora seemed extremely pleased with wf and their service. there are pages and pages of how happy matatora has been with her rings and wf in general. now they seem to be the root of all evil. am i going to question this sudden change and her resulting public dissatisfaction? of course i am.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no need to run me over with your dodge, storm...violence is not always the answer.

root of all evil...no belle...that's me remember? 'sending tornado.exe'
31.gif

as i said earlier, it's very hard to speculate on what is going on between matatora and whiteflash with any real accuracy. as for this getting to the BBB....possibly wf is tired of being stomped on for whatever happens when people have their rings and have finally decided to refuse to lay down time and time again for customers when they feel did nothing wrong. i, for one, have to respect someone, especially a company who could stand to lose future business, who stands up for themselves when they know they are right and can also admit when they are wrong. wf is often here to admit when they did wrong, so the fact that they are willing to put their reputation on the line to have 3rd party arbitration get involved here and let them work things out speaks volumes to me.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 8:53:26 PM

Date: 5/6/2006 8:37:55 PM

Its sad.

Not that its your business, but when I was shopping Lesley was top notch to work with.
it''s not my business, except that you said it''s not the wf you''ve recommended. i was wondering what you were basing that on. it is not the wf i have purchased from either. that is what makes this so odd.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 9:07:40 PM
very very well said dem.

we don''t know the whole story. i was absolutely baffled when this old thread was bumped by matatora with pictures that someone else took. i am not here in defense of wf. they can defend themselves. i was questioning for myself why this sudden turn of events happened. up until very recently matatora seemed extremely pleased with wf and their service. there are pages and pages of how happy matatora has been with her rings and wf in general. now they seem to be the root of all evil. am i going to question this sudden change and her resulting public dissatisfaction? of course i am.
Oh I don’t think they are the root of all evil, I don’t think they are bad people. I think they made mistakes, and refused to acknowledge them. I don’t think the people are at WF are evil, and I have never said they are. What I have said is they did not fulfill the contract. I don’t like to post things to create drama. I told WF when my finger was bleeding but never posted about it until someone else mentioned that I had changed my setting after saying I did not want to. If that comment had not been made I probably never would have posted it.
Do I feel like I am being attacked now, and like I am being called a liar, yes I do. When I was looking at SP and WF originally I had people PM me saying they wanted to tell me what happened to them, and I asked them why they did not post openly. The response I got was they felt like they would be insulted or attacked on the boards. I can certainly see why they felt that way, they were right.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mata, I don't think that anyone is attacking you. No one said you are a liar. There are just questions being raised that are totally valid. Let me ask you a question. Do you expect to be able to post something like this, basically saying WF lied and screwed you out of $$ and chipped your stone and didn't help you out AND not have questions raised? Even if I actually didn't respect WF I would still ask these same questions of any post like this.

Did you expect everyone to just simply say 'oh you poor girl, i'm so sorry to hear this'? There are questions that are unanswered out there. I have said about FIVE TIMES that there's no way to really know what is going on, you are totally emotional and biased on what happened, as is Whiteflash because what is happening is happening to both parties.

Another question for me, knowing WF as I do...why would they 'refuse' to acknowledge mistakes when they are always on here acknowledging when they do mess up? I find it so hard to believe they are so adamant against the refund for nefarious purposes

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
te:[/b] 5/6/2006 9:14:08 PM
no need to run me over with your dodge, storm...violence is not always the answer.
[/quote]
No id never do that.....
have you seen the show where they use cars to push those giant balls around the course?
Combine that with the giant balls that people are strapped into and then rolled around and ya get the idea :}
Sorta like a giant hamster ball pushed around by cars.
Wish I remmebered the url for the vid it is kicken

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 9:17:26 PM

Date: 5/6/2006 9:07:40 PM
very very well said dem.

we don't know the whole story. i was absolutely baffled when this old thread was bumped by matatora with pictures that someone else took. i am not here in defense of wf. they can defend themselves. i was questioning for myself why this sudden turn of events happened. up until very recently matatora seemed extremely pleased with wf and their service. there are pages and pages of how happy matatora has been with her rings and wf in general. now they seem to be the root of all evil. am i going to question this sudden change and her resulting public dissatisfaction? of course i am.
Oh I don’t think they are the root of all evil, I don’t think they are bad people. I think they made mistakes, and refused to acknowledge them. I don’t think the people are at WF are evil, and I have never said they are. What I have said is they did not fulfill the contract. I don’t like to post things to create drama. I told WF when my finger was bleeding but never posted about it until someone else mentioned that I had changed my setting after saying I did not want to. If that comment had not been made I probably never would have posted it.
Do I feel like I am being attacked now, and like I am being called a liar, yes I do. When I was looking at SP and WF originally I had people PM me saying they wanted to tell me what happened to them, and I asked them why they did not post openly. The response I got was they felt like they would be insulted or attacked on the boards. I can certainly see why they felt that way, they were right.
i am sorry you feel attacked matatora. that is not my intention. i just have soooo many questions that aren't answered. do you have to answer to me? no, not at all, but i think it is fair to try and find the reason for such sudden and vehement dissatisfaction.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 9:25:59 PM

Another question for me, knowing WF as I do...why would they 'refuse' to acknowledge mistakes when they are always on here acknowledging when they do mess up? I find it so hard to believe they are so adamant against the refund for nefarious purposes

well, I must jump in here and say, i just don't see WF on here acknowledging their mistakes all of the time. Even in the thread John linked he was making excuses and it wasn't until Irina or Leonid quoted Seinfeld urging him to just admit they screwed up Andrews ring. Many times, I see them only admit it when they have too. I can understand Mat. being scared about her ring. I never posted about the problems with mine on this forum until andrew's thread and only because I felt bad that andrew was a lurker that made conclusions about WF, like I did, based on the recommendations on this board and stories like mine were not out there. However, I have said before part of what makes companies great is not about perfection but the ability to resolve mistakes or imperfections when they happen. WF is very good about this which is why I've continued to recommend them. I think Mat contined to post happily in order to protect WF and not want her bad experience detailed. In hindsight, maybe she should have spoken up, but I'm sure she would have been told to not post publically her problems and she should have worked them out privately and accused of being harrassing. It's a double edged sword, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

As for problems with Mat's second ring. I can see workmanship issues in the pictures Wf took and the ones she did that would have bothered me. I know pictures can be deceiving so only the people who have seen the ring can know 100% if the workmanship was acceptable or not. WF says it was, Mat says it wasn't and it's possible both of them are right. I know the level of perfection I expect in my jewelry is above what most appraisers and vendors say is acceptable.

Mat, I'm curious, since Richard saw the ring and noticed the chip, did he say anything about the workmanship of the setting?

ETA: I also realize many people do come here first before talking to WF and I think that is unfair. WF should be givin the opportunity to make things right before being critized in a public forum. This is true for any of the Vendors. I think Wf is probably the most poplular vendor here so they are also going to be subject to the most complaints.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 10:05:52 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 5/6/2006 9:25:59 PM

Another question for me, knowing WF as I do...why would they ''refuse'' to acknowledge mistakes when they are always on here acknowledging when they do mess up? I find it so hard to believe they are so adamant against the refund for nefarious purposes

well, I must jump in here and say, i just don''t see WF on here acknowledging their mistakes all of the time. Even in the thread John linked he was making excuses and it wasn''t until Irina or Leonid quoted Seinfeld urging him to just admit they screwed up Andrews ring. Many times, I see them only admit it when they have too. I can understand Mat. being scared about her ring. I never posted about the problems with mine on this forum until andrew''s thread and only because I felt bad that andrew was a lurker that made conclusions about WF, like I did, based on the recommendations on this board and stories like mine were not out there. However, I have said before part of what makes companies great is not about perfection but the ability to resolve mistakes or imperfections when they happen. WF is very good about this which is why I''ve continued to recommend them. I think Mat contined to post happily in order to protect WF and not want her bad experience detailed. In hindsight, maybe she should have spoken up, but I''m sure she would have been told to not post publically her problems and she should have worked them out privately and accused of being harrassing. It''s a double edged sword, she''s damned if she does and damned if she doesn''t.

As for problems with Mat''s second ring. I can see workmanship issues in the pictures Wf took and the ones she did that would have bothered me. I know pictures can be deceiving so only the people who have seen the ring can know 100% if the workmanship was acceptable or not. WF says it was, Mat says it wasn''t and it''s possible both of them are right. I know the level of perfection I expect in my jewelry is above what most appraisers and vendors say is acceptable.

Mat, I''m curious, since Richard saw the ring and noticed the chip, did he say anything about the workmanship of the setting?
He did not say anything about the setting, because he noticed the chip as soon as he looked at it, we agreed that the focus needed to be there and then he shipped it back to WF.
Richard was very kind and said that I could have him look my next ring rather then pay for a full appraisal of the damaged ring.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

well, I must jump in here and say, i just don't see WF on here acknowledging their mistakes all of the time. Even in the thread John linked he was making excuses and it wasn't until Irina or Leonid quoted Seinfeld urging him to just admit they screwed up Andrews ring. Many times, I see them only admit it when they have too. I can understand Mat. being scared about her ring. I never posted about the problems with mine on this forum until andrew's thread and only because I felt bad that andrew was a lurker that made conclusions about WF, like I did, based on the recommendations on this board and stories like mine were not out there. However, I have said before part of what makes companies great is not about perfection but the ability to resolve mistakes or imperfections when they happen. WF is very good about this which is why I've continued to recommend them. I think Mat contined to post happily in order to protect WF and not want her bad experience detailed. In hindsight, maybe she should have spoken up, but I'm sure she would have been told to not post publically her problems and she should have worked them out privately and accused of being harrassing. It's a double edged sword, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.
ain't that the story of life...damned if you do, damed if you don't...
37.gif

i'm starting to feel like a broken record here, but i guess i'll say it again...
people SHOULD be encouraged to post their experiences and not feel intimidated about it. of course, they should always try to work things out with the vendor first but personal experiences should always be detailed.
i am not going to speculate on whether or not matatora was truly happy during the last several months, or just trying to 'protect' wf but the bottom line is, her recent accounts are completely opposite of what she has posted in the past. that bears questioning.

As for problems with Mat's second ring. I can see workmanship issues in the pictures Wf took and the ones she did that would have bothered me. I know pictures can be deceiving so only the people who have seen the ring can know 100% if the workmanship was acceptable or not. WF says it was, Mat says it wasn't and it's possible both of them are right. I know the level of perfection I expect in my jewelry is above what most appraisers and vendors say is acceptable.
perhaps wf should hire you for a qc position!
9.gif

we all have different levels of what we consider acceptable in workmanship and it can be extremely difficult to guage our tolerance on only a few 2d pictures. it's almost painful sometimes to see these hugely magnified pictures of diamonds and settings get torn apart on ps when in real life the product is as close to perfection as humanly possible. the only way to know for sure if the quality is 'up to par' in the purchasers eyes is to see it in person. in this case, matatora has had her ring for several months. if there were any noticable quality issues they should have been addressed immediately. months later is not the time to cry 'poor workmanship' especially from someone who so diligently researched and was aware of what to look for before purchase.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle: way to much for me to quote so I''ll respond.

1) people are not going to come and post bad things that have happened when they are resolved. they just won''t. if they did and the vendor fixed it, we''d all say, well it''s fixed, what''s the problem. I can pretty much guarentee if Mat started complaining here about WF while it was going on, someone would have said she shouldn''t. i can find posts where this has happened. Dazedland for instance. It was brought up why didn''t she deal with WF privately rather than posting.

You are right, I don''t know why Mat seemed happy and then wasn''t and I can only speculate in her behalf the same way you are willing to do for WF.

I also assure you I have no desire to work for WF
2.gif
I know pics are deceiving and I said the only people who know for sure about the ring are the people who have seen it so on that point we do agree.
and you surely must know just because someone gets on here and posts how every thing is fine and dandy, it may not be. I did it. I posted how much I loved my ring, even though I noticed things right away. I was scared to say anything and only pm''d a few people and my appraiser about it. As time went on and I became more educated I realized the things bothering me were not in my imagination but too much time had passed for me to do anything about it. I can only guess as to why Mat didn''t say anything sooner, maybe because until the very end she was still hoping it would all get worked out?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 11:12:52 PM
Belle: way to much for me to quote so I''ll respond.

1) people are not going to come and post bad things that have happened when they are resolved. they just won''t. if they did and the vendor fixed it, we''d all say, well it''s fixed, what''s the problem. I can pretty much guarentee if Mat started complaining here about WF while it was going on, someone would have said she shouldn''t. i can find posts where this has happened. Dazedland for instance. It was brought up why didn''t she deal with WF privately rather than posting.

You are right, I don''t know why Mat seemed happy and then wasn''t and I can only speculate in her behalf the same way you are willing to do for WF.
i haven''t speculated anything on the behalf of wf. let that be clear. i have questioned for myself the timing and nature of the recent events beginning with mat''s posting of a ring that is no longer in production (and not even hers) insinuating that is the quality of work wf consistently produces.

Date: 5/6/2006 11:12:52 PM
I also assure you I have no desire to work for WF
2.gif
I know pics are deceiving and I said the only people who know for sure about the ring are the people who have seen it so on that point we do agree.
and you surely must know just because someone gets on here and posts how every thing is fine and dandy, it may not be. I did it. I posted how much I loved my ring, even though I noticed things right away. I was scared to say anything and only pm''d a few people and my appraiser about it. As time went on and I became more educated I realized the things bothering me were not in my imagination but too much time had passed for me to do anything about it. I can only guess as to why Mat didn''t say anything sooner, maybe because until the very end she was still hoping it would all get worked out?
the difference between your case and hers, which i pointed out in the post above, was that she researched this very issue extensively. there were too many pages to this thread before there were too many pages!
37.gif
she knew exactly what she was looking for and what to expect before she even ordered her ring. the designated return policy isn''t there for people to decide whether or not things will work out. it is there to decide if the item is exactly what you wanted.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
>Date:[/b] 5/6/2006 11:32:12 PM
the difference between your case and hers, which i pointed out in the post above, was that she researched this very issue extensively. there were too many pages to this thread before there were too many pages!
37.gif
she knew exactly what she was looking for and what to expect before she even ordered her ring. the designated return policy isn't there for people to decide whether or not things will work out. it is there to decide if the item is exactly what you wanted. [/quote]

well, I do agree with you here completely.

ETA: I don't know why it won't quote you in the box
33.gif
. I'm just not as good at it as you are
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 11:39:56 PM

b>Date:[/b] 5/6/2006 11:32:12 PM
37.gif
she knew exactly what she was looking for and what to expect before she even ordered her ring. the designated return policy isn''t there for people to decide whether or not things will work out. it is there to decide if the item is exactly what you wanted.
Actually I could not find it anywhere in any email to V (who purchased the ring) that custom orders were non-refundable nor that having a 3rd party work on it would change their backing the quality of their work, which it really ought to be. I do think that ought to be told to people, I post here regularly but I did not know that until I was told by Lesley.
Why did I not come to PS first, because I was told that my discretion would be appreciated. And for the reasons stated above, you keep saying that you are not posting for WF but it certainly reads that way. If I posted anything negative then my chances of getting a positive resolution were much less.
I do find it interesting that it does not bother you in the least that my order invoice does not match my shipping invoice. Oh and WF must have known at the very least that the head was not up to snuff why else would they decide to rebuild it with out asking me first?
What happens when your research is contrary to what you receive, do you have a public outing and throw them to the sharks, or do you try and be nice work with them and end up the chum yourself?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mat, WF does say in the return section of their site that customs orders are not refundable.

link

I agree it should be in confirmation emails and invoices though and if it's not, it should be. I do know I knew I could not return my band for a full refund, but do no recall how I knew it, if it was from their website or if a WF rep. told me.

it says:

All custom work and special orders cannot be returned for a refund unless there is an error by Whiteflash . All shipping charges are refunded when there is an error by Whiteflash.

now, the error by WF is what up for discussion and that the BBB will now be the ones to determine
40.gif

RedShoes

Rough_Rock
Straight from the Whiteflash website-----

Refunds
We offer 100% money back guarantee on all diamonds and standard settings and 80% on all designer and semi-custom rings returned in its original condition with RAN less original shipping.
All custom work and special orders cannot be returned for a refund unless there is an error by Whiteflash . All shipping charges are refunded when there is an error by Whiteflash.
No jewelry can be accepted for refund if Whiteflash security tag has been removed or if there is any evidence of damage.
If the original diamond grading report is mislaid or lost, there will be $200 replacement fee deducted from the refund.

RedShoes

Rough_Rock
Seems like each WF order you had something to complain about that wasn''t WF''s fault. just my observation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results