shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash VS Facets? HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mata, did you ever make a decision on a ring? What was your deciding factor?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Comparison shots from AndrewSD from WF and Signed Pieces:
DSC_0209_zoom_small.jpg
DSC_0211_compare_small.jpg

DSC_0205_save_small2.jpg

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I like the look of the SP ring better. The prongs aren't as overbearing.

Matatora--Are you still planning on getting one made to go with your beautiful Lockes solitaire? Sorry if I missed your decision already.

ETA: Please disregard my question to Matatora. I was totally mistaken and it's a case of me not reading the entire string.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 3:15:49 PM
Author: cpster
I like the look of the SP ring better. The prongs aren''t as overbearing.

Matatora--Are you still planning on getting one made to go with your beautiful Lockes solitaire? Sorry if I missed your decision already.
WOW..not only the prongs, but the stones look brighter!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 3:15:49 PM
Author: cpster
I like the look of the SP ring better. The prongs aren''t as overbearing.

I was never considering one to wear with my Lockes ring...
33.gif

This is an old thread that I point people to when they ask about the diffrences between the two companies rings.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 3:32:14 PM
Author: Matatora
I was never considering one to wear with my Lockes ring...
33.gif

This is an old thread that I point people to when they ask about the diffrences between the two companies rings.
I agree with that choice...would hate to see that beautiful setting get "scratched!"

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mat, have you decided on a wedding band to wear with your new solitaire?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 1:42:31 PM

Comparison shots from AndrewSD from WF and Signed Pieces:

In the interest of complete information, the shots above were comparing a WF ring with one from SP that was considerably more expensive. More importantly, WF no longer offers the pictured piece. It has been upgraded to our Whiteflash Design line and is of improved quality. Logically the new offering is now more expensive, with pricing comparable to the one from SP.

Thread with this discussion.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My understanding from John at WF was that they were not going to keep offering that low priced shared prong band. They were doing a remake for Andrew which would be a higher quality.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Well I suppose in interest of fairness I will say that I paid 700$ more for my WF setting then SP charges and the quality was not a good as the WF one posted. There were other issues as well, as John knows. This was just the picture that I could find that show the differences, I think WF is more hit or miss, where as SP is consistent with their QC.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 4:56:11 PM

where as SP is consistent with their QC.
how many personal experiences with sp have you had that led you to this conclusion?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 5:14:55 PM
Author: belle

how many personal experiences with sp have you had that led you to this conclusion?
Examining their pieces in their store...and how many QC issues have you seen here for SP, how many for WF...even if you did it % wise it would still not work in WF favor.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think John already addressed the issues with THIS ring and it''s no longer being made. So they learned and are moving forward with a new and improved version. Their customer service IS excellent and I find that they always want the customer to be happy and well taken care of. They are growing rapidly, and there are sure to be bumps along the way, as with any company. The way they handle those bumps is impressive to me. JMHO
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 5:20:28 PM

Examining their pieces in their store...and how many QC issues have you seen here for SP, how many for WF...even if you did it % wise it would still not work in WF favor.
you must not have been too impressed with the pieces in their store if you decided ultimately to pay more for the band from from wf.
i am not going to even start to go through the threads for wf and sp to make comparisons but you know as well as i do that the percentage of items from wf is far greater than those from sp posted on here. if you put out 10 times more product, you are 10 times more likely to have someone not happy. wf goes above and beyond for their customers to make things right. you of all people know that. i don''t know what happened between you and them, but obviously something rubbed you wrong and you feel a need to harass them publicly now.
i guess the upgrade wasn''t enough.
14.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 5:39:17 PM

Date: 5/5/2006 5:20:28 PM

you must not have been too impressed with the pieces in their store if you decided ultimately to pay more for the band from from wf.
i am not going to even start to go through the threads for wf and sp to make comparisons but you know as well as i do that the percentage of items from wf is far greater than those from sp posted on here. if you put out 10 times more product, you are 10 times more likely to have someone not happy. wf goes above and beyond for their customers to make things right. you of all people know that. i don't know what happened between you and them, but obviously something rubbed you wrong and you feel a need to harass them publicly now.
i guess the upgrade wasn't enough.
14.gif
Sadly I went to SP the second time afterwards...and I am not harrassing them. I am not being rude or unfair, that is why I menioned % vs ratio.
2.gif

But I will be honest: so here it is...all out on the table(Oh and Miss Belle I did after all pay for the upgrade)
) Setting one made my finger bleed due to uneven prongs and the stone came loose and was movable vertically and horizontally
2) Lesley stating that our head had to be custom and hand made,
charged us 148$ twice for it and it turns out to be a stock Stuller
head

3)WF put a head on my ring after specifically telling someone else that it was unsafe. That you do not keep the promises made about the ring (head safety, custom head, TCW paid for)

4)second time it was stated that WF would reuse the head if
possible and did but still charged for a new one
5) stated needed a certain number of diamonds to make the ring into a
full eternity and that if less were used the cost of the stones would
be refunded to us, used less but no refund was issued
6) the ring was completed late and when I got it (finally!) the stone
was loose in the head

7) last time the ring was sent back the head/setting had to be rebuilt at which time my original stone was broken (that has been taken care of)

8) refusal to acknowledge workmanship defects stating that they cannot see them
In the first four months of my engagement I had my ring for less then a month due to all the workmanship issues.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
matatora i think you are being a bit unfair by taking pictures of a ring that is no longer in production from another forum and posting them here as if it were a direct comparison. not only is that ring no longer in production, but the original poster was offered a complete remake of the ring from the new design at the discounted price of the old one. there may be occasional qc issues, but again, wf goes above and beyond to make things right.

eta: i see you have added a list of 'complaints' to your post above. i hope wf will add their side of the story. there are always two!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 4:26:09 PM
Author: cute330xigrl

Date: 9/22/2005 11:00:50 AM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 9/14/2005 10:22:50 AM
Author: noobie

On your comment about PMs and people not posting problems for fear of being flamed, I find that disappointing that people feel that way. I have stated before that some vendors are given the benefit of doubt based on past history, but that''s no reason for people to be fearful of posting their experiences. If this place is only a cheering section is does not serve the consumer at all and might as well be a paid advertisement. I hope people will openly post their feelings and experiences and I especially hope members here will treat them fairly with respect.
Consumers should not be fearful of posting their experiences - flaming is not allowed here. We ask everyone not to hide your concerns and disappointments into PM''s - please share it in a factual and constructive manner on the forums.
Yea.. but how can they not be considering the recent incident(s) I''m sure the ''fearful'' have read. Y''know? The threads just never seem to stay all that civil.
Remember this...interesting how it works isn''t it?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
i don't know what happened between you and them, but obviously something rubbed you wrong and you feel a need to harass them publicly now.
i guess the upgrade wasn't enough.
14.gif
the only person I see being publically harassed is Mat. If she has had problems with WF, she has every right to post them here. I was under the impression that this was the point of pricescope afterall.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 6:32:55 PM

Remember this...interesting how it works isn''t it?
what is your point? i''m not going to even guess. written communication is hard enough as it is.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 6:34:41 PM
Author: icekid

i don''t know what happened between you and them, but obviously something rubbed you wrong and you feel a need to harass them publicly now.
i guess the upgrade wasn''t enough.
14.gif
the only person I see being publically harassed is Mat. If she has had problems with WF, she has every right to post them here. I was under the impression that this was the point of pricescope afterall.
really? how is she being harassed? if she had problems with wf she absolutely has every right to post them publicly. i never said she didn''t. until one post ago, we didn''t know she had any issues. we had only thread after thread of how happy she was with her ring. then all she had posted was comparison shots of a ring from another poster in another forum that is no longer in production. she posted those photos without the accompanying dialogue for reference. that was unfair.

Chesapeake

Rough_Rock
I''m new so please excuse my ignorance. What is Whiteflash and what is ACA? I wish I could help more.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Mat, I''m so sorry to hear about your bad experiences with WF.

How did you find out that it was only a Stuller head? Why did she say it had to be custom made? Because it was such a large size?

Can you get a refund for the diamonds that were not used for the eternity ring? It seems like it shouldn''t be too late to solve this problem. I would bring this up and get the $ you were promised.

Perhaps you should organize your complaints (like you did here) and send it to them in writing. Calculate all the money you have lost on this transaction and ask for compensation. Perhaps there has just been too much confusion through this whole process and they aren''t even aware of what happened.

Chesapeake

Rough_Rock
What is WF and SP stand for?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 6:48:07 PM
Author: Chesapeake
What is WF and SP stand for?

Hi Chesapeake. WF= Whiteflash.com - a diamond vendor

SP= Signedpieces.com - another vendor

ACA= a cut above diamonds, a special cut ideal round stone by whiteflash.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Jelly, this has been going on for a while but I thought it would be unfair to post until the solution had been found. I found out what the head was from another poster, and then Lesley acknowledged it. When I tried to address these issues with them my phone calls seem to be prone to being dropped and my emails filtered out.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB, WF knows all of this and Lesley in her last email to me even suggested that I ought to post here.

I have asked for a refund of the money we spent on the setting, I got tired of all the nonsense and I just want my money back and to move on.

ETA: I sent them the above first, and asked for a refund and then when denied sent it on to the BBB a few weeks ago.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey I''m so sorry that this whole engagement ring process has put you through this much stress.
15.gif

Sounds like you are going through all the correct channels to make things right.

Hopefully you can get past all of this so you can enjoy your stunning ring and necklaces from WF.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matadora I think you are a class act. You had your beef (for very good reasons) with WF and handled it with them directly, and when asked about it you were truthful. I hope this works out for you - as a consumer it IS important to hear the good AND the bad, and ony then can an informed decision be made. Whether there are 1000 good postings and 10 bad, none should be attacked. The consumers can decide for themselves if given all the proper info. I hope this gets resolved for you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2006 7:12:15 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Matadora I think you are a class act. You had your beef (for very good reasons) with WF and handled it with them directly, and when asked about it you were truthful. I hope this works out for you - as a consumer it IS important to hear the good AND the bad, and ony then can an informed decision be made. Whether there are 1000 good postings and 10 bad, none should be attacked. The consumers can decide for themselves if given all the proper info. I hope this gets resolved for you.

I couldn''t agree more. All consumers need the ability to learn as much as they can and then make their own decision.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I'm late to join these recent additions to the thread and will be honest upfront to say that I am friends w/Matatora outside of PS.

As a result of our friendship I have been privy to all of the goings-on regarding the WF "situation" and I have to say that Mat has shown an amazing amount of restraint and diplomacy through all of this. Many other people would have gone bonkers not only with the head losening up more than once, but then the diamond was shipped chipped, the original replacement stones offered were either smaller ct weight or of a very different feel and as a result V paid a considerable amount to upgrade to their current stone, mainly because the stones being offered didn't compare to her original! (and we all know how hard it can be to match the beauty of a stone you've fallen in love with.) It seems to me that Belle is suggesting that this upgrade was given as compensation, which is in no way true.

To the best of my knowledge there has been no compensation of any type at this time, the money spent on the original setting wasn't refunded and she doesn't have the setting back either....Mat hadn't posted about the most recent events leading up to her filing the complaint because she is a firm believer in fairness and felt the situation could be resolved off-line. The most recent chapter actually relates directly to the comparison between the SP and WF prong differences and I think it's very apparent that her frustration has resulted in all of the details coming out. The comparison between the "old" WF eternity and the SP version illustrates a similar problem w/her old setting that she requested be repaired before sending the ring back to her (with either the aqua or a diamond replacing the head) and that request has been refused.......I'd be curious what PSers feel she should've done at this point???!!!!

Forums such as PS educate and enlighten consumers on both the happy and unhappy experiences in the diamond & jewelry buying process...sometimes even revered vendors make errors. Keeping it from this forum serves no one.

e.t.a. I just corrected a silly gramatical mistake

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results