shape
carat
color
clarity

What was the most memorable thread here?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
The first one I thought of was the gay boyfriend one. I might read it again only because it was so frustrating.

I also remember the one about Mary Al......but I never knew that she later copied someone else''s ring, hilarious! I stumbled upon that thread and I remember I thought that some of you were so mean to her.

I do miss ATW. I had fun during the election. I have a feeling I''d be a whole different poster in there now though.

What is the imitation thread?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty certain the imitation thread was one where a poster was so infatuated with a ring that she had a jeweler (who was very familiar with the original) copy it. She loved it and posted pictures, and the person whose ring she copied was furious and pulled all photos of the ring. The original wasn''t a custom piece, btw. It was stumbled upon in a pawn shop or antique shop or something of that sort. Not sure if the thread was pulled, though.

Am I on the right track?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/6/2009 1:00:32 AM
Author: EBree

How's this for a hint?
Good hint, EBree, thank you. I want to know where I was and why I never posted to that thread! I remember reading it when it started. I remember that because I was paranoid; I thought that MA was angry with me!!! I must have alluded to some piece of hers if seeing her exhortation not to repost the photos of others frightened me! What I do not recall is a ten page thread! Apparently something distracted me after I read the start of the thread. It was nice to be able to read the thread now. I don't think I ever saw it in its entirety!

AGBF
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring was Surgirl''s. Someone love it, and had it copied, and she was pissed. Not the thread I was referring to.... But yeah that was a memorable thread for sure.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 10:04:15 PM
Author: Kaleigh
That ring was Surgirl''s. Someone love it, and had it copied, and she was pissed. Not the thread I was referring to.... But yeah that was a memorable thread for sure.

I was referring to the thread I think Thing2 was alluding to. The semi-recent one. No idea which one you''re talking about! Now I''m curious.....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 10:15:32 PM
Author: princesss

I was referring to the thread I think Thing2 was alluding to. The semi-recent one. No idea which one you''re talking about! Now I''m curious.....
There are many floating around here. I can''t keep them straight...
34.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 10:21:08 PM

There are many floating around here. I can''t keep them straight...
34.gif

HAHAHHAA, that''s for sure!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I just read the whole. entire. BeckyP saga again. Like Freke said, her link is just the beginning. A full year before she found out he was "bisexual". To get to that part you have to search under Becky's name for her 2nd to last thread.

It's crazy how you can look to the past and see weird foreshadowing of what's to come even though no one would ever put two and two together. For example, in the middle of the thread Freke posted, Phoenixgirl is talking about how someone she knows married a man that turned out to be gay. This was a full YEAR before Becky's moved again to be with her boyfriend, and before the ultimate betrayal thread where she told us all her story. It's so weird how life gives us these little foreshadowing coincidences that fly right over our heads.
But to be fair, the guy PG knows was also a child molestor...so it's not exactly the same, thank goodness.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 10:21:08 PM

That ring was Surgirl's. Someone love it, and had it copied, and she was pissed. Not the thread I was referring to.... But yeah that was a memorable thread for sure.

I was referring to the thread I think Thing2 was alluding to. The semi-recent one. No idea which one you're talking about! Now I'm curious.....
There are many floating around here. I can't keep them straight...
34.gif

Ha, pretty sure we're all talking about the same thread! Hold on I'll go find it...

Imitation

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t around for some of these... Thanks to all for posting links to them!

I have a question... The thread about the "gay boyfriend"- Did she actually ever SAY he was gay, or was that just the general consensus? I read through that whole thread and didn''t see anything about it.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 8:16:08 AM
Author: Tuckins1

I have a question... The thread about the ''gay boyfriend''- Did she actually ever SAY he was gay, or was that just the general consensus? I read through that whole thread and didn''t see anything about it.
All is revealed in this thread. My heart broke for that poor girl. I hope she''s doing well out there now!

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I remember her, lol!
9.gif
I was absent during the big flareup, though. Heck, if you're going to post your brag pics in public places seen worldwide, why would you not expect copies?

Edit: Thanks for the link. I just read that thread. Until I had to quit b/c I was laughing so hard that I could not see anymore due to the tears, lol.
9.gif
That one certainly veered off course.
23.gif
If I post any pics here, please feel free to reuse them at ANY time, for ANY purpose whatsoever. Print them and use them as TP, even.
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 9:43:13 AM
Author: Porridge
Date: 11/7/2009 8:16:08 AM

Author: Tuckins1

I have a question... The thread about the ''gay boyfriend''- Did she actually ever SAY he was gay, or was that just the general consensus? I read through that whole thread and didn''t see anything about it.

All is revealed in this thread. My heart broke for that poor girl. I hope she''s doing well out there now!

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Oh my... That poor girl!What a shock to the system!...
39.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gee, you ladies sure bring back a lot of memories for me. IcyWhiteDiamonds, the copy ring fiasco, and etc. The best ones are all those that have been deleted.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Icy White Diamonds had me slapping my forehead in frustration every time he posted.
9.gif

For me, the most memorable had to be Blueroses'' Are You Sitting Down? thread, but mostly because she disappeared for so long after that. Holy moly, I had followed her story the first time, and I laughed and cried with her. Pretty memorable, but I was so sad we''d never had closure.

Until she came back and said "Yes, please" to her fiance.
9.gif
I finally met her after all of these years last month, and OMG, she''s happy, happy, happy!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i see i have some reading to do with that last link on the big reveal.

still looking for the MA thread.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Freke, Liz, getting BIG BLUE on her finger.....FINALLY!!!!
36.gif

Lori

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ahahahahahaa, that was hysterical. It also reminded me of how I got sucked into PS in the first place. Gypsy. She can put the smack down in ways that make me wish I could cut, copy, and paste her sass into my body. (You look ridiculous standing there with a stick up your arse over this.)

And then "Catching a Hypocrite"...priceless.
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OMG!! I have been reading these old threads all night and all day!! Very interesting!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I feel that this thread has become mean spirited and have reported it.

It is not clever or funny to laugh at other posters, present or past; I think it is bullying.
38.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
OMG... THE ICYWHITEDIAMONDS THREADS TOO MUCH!!!

WHAT''S UP WITH THAT CHICK? DOESN''T SHE KNOW IT''S OBNOXIOUS TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND KEEP ASKING THE SAME NONSENSE OVER AND OVER?

BTW- WHAT COLOR DIAMOND DO YOU THINK IS BEST? I THINKS IT''S D. DO YOU AGREE, AND HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR YOURS?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 2:54:55 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 11/7/2009 2:10:49 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 11/7/2009 1:35:28 PM
Author: Mara
oh i see i have some reading to do with that last link on the big reveal.

still looking for the MA thread.
Here you go Mara

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-kind-of-rings-are-in-this-year.45367/
Oh Snap!

I guess I didn''t miss it, but I don''t even remember it. Thx Lorelei.
2.gif
There''s also this one, which you were also a part of.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/other-people-posting-pix-of-your-rings.32192/

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Steel: You''re sort of right. It''s hard not to snark at a bully. It does make us no better for it. However, I don''t know giving someone a check swing on a bully comment is counter attacking. It''s not like fighting fire with fire, but rather a fire extinguisher.

(It''s really twisted fun though sometimes...for educational purposes...sort of like "What Not to Wear") Most of the posters were just trying to prevent bullying behavior and that is actually a good thing. Bullies wouldn''t prevail if there were enough "bystanders" who intervened on the "victim''s" behalf.

I''m not justifying our entertainment at someone else''s expense, but I do think that most of the women here are quite civil and not a pack of bullies. I abhor gang/bully warfare and I see it with real physical violence and oppression.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 3:39:39 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Steel: You''re sort of right. It''s hard not to snark at a bully. It does make us no better for it. However, I don''t know giving someone a check swing on a bully comment is counter attacking. It''s not like fighting fire with fire, but rather a fire extinguisher.

(It''s really twisted fun though sometimes...for educational purposes...sort of like ''What Not to Wear'') Most of the posters were just trying to prevent bullying behavior and that is actually a good thing. Bullies wouldn''t prevail if there were enough ''bystanders'' who intervened on the ''victim''s'' behalf.

I''m not justifying our entertainment at someone else''s expense, but I do think that most of the women here are quite civil and not a pack of bullies. I abhor gang/bully warfare and I see it with real physical violence and oppression.
I don''t understand this expression MR
34.gif

This is a public forum and the public are not always nice. I know that and I am not expecting that all of us posters clap at night because ''we believe in fairies'' I am not wet behind the ears. But I think that having fun at somebody else''s expense is not fun that I would want to be a part of. But further than that I will not stand idly by and see another person suffer, as I perceive it to be; a wrong, not if I can assist. And I have said my piece.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results