shape
carat
color
clarity

What was the most memorable thread here?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
What about the Holiday Avatar thread? I know it is only early November - but I just couldn''t wait.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love all the old april fools threads from years ago!
3.gif

TG....it takes one to know one missy!!...
11.gif
me/you
11.gif

the thread with TG's roach avatar just came to mind too.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 11:39:19 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Oh you guys are forgetting an oldie but goodie. It was about posting pics of other's rings without permission. It was so crazy, I offered to be the bar tender. I haven't read it in ages.... Oh the memories. Belle was saying what kind of bar keep are you?? Everyone was ordering drinks, and I couldn't keep up.
The premise?? It was a poster who no longer posts here was PO'd that someone posted a pic of her ring, when someone was asking for setting ideas... I won't name the poster.. She'd probably find me somehow now that she's a lawyer!!!! But the kicker?? Months later, we found out that she copied a PS'ers riing.She had posted it on her blog. That was a riot. Here she was saying don't post pics of my ring. It's mine, and I would like the opportunity to post the pics myself. But the poster never really posted on PS, so if we waited, it would be forever. Then someone finds out their very ring was copied to the T and was posted on this woman's blog.
6.gif
I'm just now browsing this thread and want to add that I WON'T name that poster either, but will say that most of the rings she had aren't even hers anymore. She has/had a lot of them up for sale on various sites. lol

ETA - who's blog are you talking about? MA? I wanna see it. Is it easy to find via google? lol

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 6:02:39 PM
Author: MC

Date: 11/5/2009 11:39:19 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Oh you guys are forgetting an oldie but goodie. It was about posting pics of other''s rings without permission. It was so crazy, I offered to be the bar tender. I haven''t read it in ages.... Oh the memories. Belle was saying what kind of bar keep are you?? Everyone was ordering drinks, and I couldn''t keep up.
The premise?? It was a poster who no longer posts here was PO''d that someone posted a pic of her ring, when someone was asking for setting ideas... I won''t name the poster.. She''d probably find me somehow now that she''s a lawyer!!!! But the kicker?? Months later, we found out that she copied a PS''ers riing.She had posted it on her blog. That was a riot. Here she was saying don''t post pics of my ring. It''s mine, and I would like the opportunity to post the pics myself. But the poster never really posted on PS, so if we waited, it would be forever. Then someone finds out their very ring was copied to the T and was posted on this woman''s blog.
6.gif
I''m just now browsing this thread and want to add that I WON''T name that poster either, but will say that most of the rings she had aren''t even hers anymore. She has/had a lot of them up for sale on various sites. lol

ETA - who''s blog are you talking about? MA? I wanna see it. Is it easy to find via google? lol
I can''t find it now either. Maybe she took it down??? I dunno.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 5:44:59 PM
Author: Mara
i love all the old april fools threads from years ago!
3.gif

TG....it takes one to know one missy!!...
11.gif
me/you
11.gif

the thread with TG''s roach avatar just came to mind too.
Loved the April fools threads, they were fun!!!! I was away for one of them. I had to sneak into the computer room at the resort to see how it played out!!!
31.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, could it have been a post/thread by Kuelamom (or something like that -- I know I didn''t spell her name right)? I seem to remember that she was upset that people posted pics of her ring. I think it was her.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 4:37:58 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 11/10/2009 4:30:57 PM

Author: TravelingGal

Date: 11/10/2009 1:20:32 PM

Date: 11/10/2009 1:19:22 PM

Author: princesss

Date: 11/10/2009 1:17:21 PM

I was definitely involved on the wrong side of the Waffle House thread.
20.gif
38.gif

I'm embarassed of some of the things I said, but honestly... at the time I didn't realize that my pattern of thinking was wrong or judgmental. I get it now.

One of the things I'm thankful for about PS. Really changed my perspective. Took a couple of B&%$# slap threads to get me there, but definitely a lesson I had to learn.
1.gif

I don't even rememeber you posting on that thread! All I remember of it is the dingaling that doesn't post anymore...

Yup. I was there. Not cool, elle! Not cool!

But seriously - I look at things a LOT differently now. I still am in awe of how a 'stupid message board' gave me that much perspective.

ETA: to be fair, i did not take it to the level she did, but I definitely said stuff that i absolutely shudder at now.
Well, since YOU'RE the *other* dingaling, I'm talking about, suffice it to say, yup, you were there!

And I don't care what it was that gave you perspective...you certainly don't seem the same person today as the one who posted on that thread. You seem so SENSIBLE now.
3.gif
2.gif

Yeah. It's weird, but I just didn't have a clue.

I'm ok with being a reformed dingaling. At least I got it together before DH and I reproduced... I'd feel terrible if I had raised another generation of dingalings without realizing it.
20.gif

Crisis averted!

I DEFINITELY remember this thread, and I got pretty heated and involved in it. Spent much of my work day on PS that day! It was a little over a year ago.

Elle, I vaguely remember things you said, but hardly! You were one of my very first "PS" friends, and I probably had my blinders on! So if you've "reformed," it seems that it's pretty complete!

1.gif

Considering the original question, I would say the Waffle House Wedding and the follow-up "breastfeeding in a restaurant" threads ruffled my feathers the most, so those are my two most memorable!

ETA: Yikes, sorry, didn't mean to quote that whole thing! My mac and PS don't get along sometimes....

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG. the rings in that thread make my cheap 80''s wedding set look like a masterpiece.
6.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that reminds me......the cocktail ring thread!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 8:35:23 AM
Author: Allison D.
Oh, that reminds me......the cocktail ring thread!

oh boy yep...what a doozy !

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t here for these threads, but thank you so much for posting them. Some are incredibly hilarious!!!!!!!!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 5:13:38 PM
Author: LAJennifer
What about the Holiday Avatar thread? I know it is only early November - but I just couldn''t wait.
LOL

I realized a few months ago that I never changed my holiday avatar back to normal. Figured xmas is coming soon so I might as well leave it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results