shape
carat
color
clarity

Other people posting pix of your rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering how everyone else feels about this. I have to admit, when threads ask for certain pictures ("Show me your halo rings", "Show me your pears", etc.), I''''m always kind of disappointed when I read the threads and find that someone else has already posted a picture of a ring of mine. It''''s kind of like I miss out on the fun of sharing it myself.
Does anyone else feel this way or am I just overly sensitive?

Personally, I''''d rather have someone PM me and tell me which thread they''''d like to post a picture of my ring in, and ask if I minded if they did. That gives me the option of either posting it myself, or letting them (if I don''''t have time,etc.)

What do you think?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
This is an excellent point. I FREQUENTLY post pictures of other PSers'' rings, but I ALWAY credit them to the appropriate poster.....but to be honest, I don''t think I really considered that some might mind and not want me to do so. Eek!
23.gif
23.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i understand the feeling but the bottom line is, this is a public forum. if you don''t want someone re-posting your rings, then don''t post them in the first place.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no problem with it at all, mainly because I don't know how to post pics. People post pics of my ring a lot in various threads and am happy that they do. I don't see a problem here, but maybe that's just me. Many times people ask to see such rings and you're not online at the time. If credit is given that that is your ring, I say go ahead.
33.gif

ETA: I agree with my sis belle in that this IS a public forum and if you don't want pics of your rings floating around here then don't post pics of them at all, TIMHO.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2005 8:17:43 PM
Author: belle
i understand the feeling but the bottom line is, this is a public forum. if you don''t want someone re-posting your rings, then don''t post them in the first place.
I second that....It doesn''t bother me, but sometimes it''s a shock when it happens....but I figure if I post it, it''s fair game from there on......

(And if Belle didn''t help so many newbies post , we would never see so many beauties!!!! Of course, she is posting to help people who are having difficulty....THANKS Belle!!
9.gif
)

coconut

Shiny_Rock
Well I don''t mind at all....
because when I post a picture here, it''s because I don''t mind sharing it with tons of other people.....
If someone digs up my picture from a previous post, it saves me from having to do it myself.. and I''d be greatful.

As long as my picture doesn''t go under another PSers credit!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank god for belle!!!! Oh and Nan of course!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
There have been times when I haven''t been able to be around much and I''ll come back and see one (or more) of my photos posted somewhere. Personally, I''ve never been hurt or offended. It always makes me smile to know that someone here thought of me and went to the trouble.

Lynn

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
i understand the feeling but the bottom line is, this is a public forum. if you don't want someone re-posting your rings, then don't post them in the first place.
MA, I'd have to agree with Belle and others on this. I learned this early on simply by observing others. If you don't want a picture, whether it's of your jewelry or anything else, at risk of being plastered all over the internet, it's probably best you not post it. That way, you can spare yourself the disappointment.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
umm I think a lot of people are missing her point.
She isnt saying not to share her photos she is saying she misses being the one to share them and talk about them because they are allready posted.
I think that is perfectly understandable.
Not much can be done about it other than say i understand your feelings.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Strm, we already said we understand her feelings. But whatcha gonna do except just be disappointed? Best to move on, no? I mean, just because they're already posted doesn't mean she still can't talk about them.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2005 8:39:06 PM
Author: strmrdr
umm I think a lot of people are missing her point.
She isnt saying not to share her photos she is saying she misses being the one to share them and talk about them because they are allready posted.
I think that is perfectly understandable.
Not much can be done about it other than say i understand your feelings.
How perceptive, Storm......her original point WAS that she was diappointed not to be able to post herself.....but what happens here is that everyone hereis so helpful, and so quick to give requested answers and pics.........Guess we are just a bunch of overachievers......and try hard to please!
1.gif

35.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
i understand the feeling but the bottom line is, this is a public forum. if you don't want someone re-posting your rings, then don't post them in the first place.
I think it is not so much about re-posting other people's rings as it is giving some people a little more time to be able to enjoy the feeling of reposting their own rings. Those that are lucky enough to be on Pricescope frequently may see a thread asking for pics of "so-and-so"'s ring, and may quickly post pics of that ring. That is fabulous and efficient, but it also may take away some of the fun that "so-and-so" could have had.

Maybe allow people more time (at least a couple of hours) in order for them to have a chance to surf Pricescope and see a thread asking about their ring. They would then get the opportunity to post their rings, and maybe even add some more.

It has never happened to me, but I think that I would be at least a little disappointed if I saw a thread asking about a ring of mine, and someone else had already posted pics like within an hour or two of the original post. If they had just allowed a little more time, maybe I would have logged on and had the pleasure of posting my beautiful jewelry myself (hypothetically speaking
2.gif
).

ETA: Hahahaa..I see that it took me so long to type my post that strm and maxine already made the same point as me!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
post post post my pix to your heart's content! I can't imagine thinking it's necessary to ask me. I posted them on here. They are free game. And it's flattering.

I get just as excited when someone else posts it...actually more!! Honestly, if I keep posting my own rings, that gets a little obnoxious, no?

MA, honestly, I don't see too many of your rings posted here. Has this happened a lot? I wish it happened to me more often
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
You mean like this?
41.gif

306x375.aspx

If someone goes to the trouble to post their entire collection of beautiful rings
they should be posted!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TimeTraveller

Rough_Rock
ok.. how about a compromise? No physically reposting of the picture to another thread but do allow people to place a hyperlink which links to the original thread showing the pictures. Would that be fair? The owner of the ring/diamond can then choose to post his/her photos into the new thread at his/her leisure.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nan,
What a great example!!!! Exactly what I was thinking!!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the folks that have mentioned that this is a public forum and once pictures are "published" here they are fair game for sharing. While I do sympathize with wanting to share your own jewelry & share the fun ... not everyone has five or six or twenty rings to share. Some of us are waiting for our first! In the meantime we may like to share pictures of beauties we''ve found/considered/admired in our search. I know that when I save pictures of rings to my computer for future reference I don''t always note where they came from or who they belong to - and I''d venture to guess most people are like me in that regard. I can''t wait to share any future rings I may get with the P-scope audience, and would be happy to find out someone else admired it & re-posted it to another newbie just getting started on HER search. ''Cause at that point - it''s really about HER, isn''t it?

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2005 8:23:17 PM
Author: kaleigh
Thank god for belle!!!! Oh and Nan of course!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Didn''t mean to ignore you, Nan....doing a fab. job on eye candy folder!!!!! (and that K thread is my all time favorite!!)
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Disappointed if someone's beaten me to posting my stuff?? Maybe for one nanosecond...but then I'm really flattered that someone's thought enough of one of my things to remember it and go to the trouble of finding it, and that's even better!

BTW...I REALLY admire and appreciate sevens, etc., who are so good about keeping the "eyecandy folders" up to date!
36.gif

widget

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t bother me at all if someone posts pics of my rings. I posted them for others to learn from my experiences with a certain company and want to give Pricescopers the opportunity to see the final product. If one of you all beat me too it, I feel honored that my little ol rings were thought of
12.gif
I do often post pics of other peoples rings if I know of a quick easy example. I agree, that''s just part of posting pictures on a public forum. However, If it bothers anyone please pm me and I will be sure not re-post your ring
2.gif
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
IMO, someone can repost a picture of mine anytime...I would still have the joy of being able to comment on it once I found the thread. I''m not on PS 24/7, and I would not want to make someone wait just because I had to be the one to post the picture.

madrock

Rough_Rock
I am VERY happy when someone else takes the time and trouble to post my rings...I am totally inept with all things that plug in and would never re-post them myself. Thanks to all who have done this for me.

I feel that once they are posted here, the photos are no longer "mine." Not being able to share defeats the purpose.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I do understand where MA is coming from - for me though, I have to say that I personally find it more flattering than disappointing. I mean, if someone liked my ring enough to remember it, remember my name, and go to the effort of finding pics, then that''s kinda cool to me.

I do understand though, say if someone had a post that was titled "show me your H SI1s" or "show me your WF custom rings" or whatever... I would enjoy the opportunity to post myself... but not that big of a deal if someone beats me to it. What I see more of is a newbie posting - describing a general idea of what they''re looking for - and a helpful PSer posting pics of rings as suggestions or to help clarify the original poster''s ideas - and that''s totally cool!! Seriously, I miss so many posts that if someone helps out and posts a picture of my ring, then it''s really just helping me out. Tyke had a post the other day w/ a link to my ring pics & my name in the title & I almost totally missed it - I''m completely scatterbrained so I think I need all the help I can get!!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you guys don''t think it''s so much more exciting to realize that someone posted it...they were thinking of *your* ring specifically??? I do I do I do! :)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2005 9:43:47 PM
Author: moremoremore
you guys don''t think it''s so much more exciting to realize that someone posted it...they were thinking of *your* ring specifically??? I do I do I do! :)
Exactly mmm!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Half the time I will stumble upon a thread and see a pic of my ring. It always brings a smile to my face that someone took the time to dig it up and post it. And there have been threads lately about copying my ring and to me that is flattering. Just my opinion.
1.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
while i understand MA''s feelings, i''m with belle.

what if i''m on vacation for a month but a picture of my ring would have helped someone else who has a short time frame for decision-making? i think i''d feel worse knowing that someone made a decision they now regret after seeing my ring just because we aren''t supposed to post someone else''s picture without getting permission.

peace, movie zombie

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I completly understand MA''s point. In fact, in other forums I feel the same way. But the funny thing is, here at pscope - everyone is so nice and geniune - when it happens to me.. I''m flattered. Sometimes I''ll post an updated shot - or different angle.

I do agree however that once you post any picture on the net it''s fair game. - anywhere.

In other forums where people are not always so nice, I''m leary more than anything else. But here -I almost feel like a kid in a big family - where someone answered before I could - but it''s all good..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results