shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Victor has done it again! Amazing VC Vintage French Cut Halo Ring with Canera Antique Cushion!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!! Now this is the way you start a new year. Congratulations carbonfan. I am so happy for you. I know. His halos are soooo light. I mean, is it really on your finger?? Oh yeah. There it is. It won’t stop sparkling but other than seeing the crazy sparkle whizzing around as you move your hand, you can forget its even there. It is just too fabulous. Seriously. Congratulations again. That CAC is truly the stuff dreams are made of. Congratulations. Did I say that already? And thank you for posting this on New Years Day. And just keep uploading pics ok? I don’t care where you are or what you’re doing. Keep snapping and posting. We need more pics of this masterpiece.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! Congrats!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection!!!! Utter perfection!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Congrats!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s just gorgeous! Congratulations!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing indeed!!! Both your stone and setting are top notch. I loooove the detailing and the way it looks on your beautiful hands. Those frenchies never fail to amaze and I love the vintage vibe.

More pics please!!
:wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting, congrats!!!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for your many kind words! I am overwhelmed by the response and I truly appreciate everyone’s posts. So to @Confection10, @Sundial, @canuk-gal, @LJsaphire2304, @lissyflo, @Queenie60, @KristyDarling, @sarahb, @Maisie, @junebug17, @luv2sparkle, @dkata, @redwood66, @Alex T, @caf, @MissGotRocks, @poshmommy, @Bonfire, @kathley, @nala, @alene, @foxinsox, and @arkieb1… and to anyone else who I may have missed (more replies to follow!), thank you again! Sometimes I need a little nudge of encouragement to take a plunge like this one, and I deeply appreciate the advice you all shared when I was mired in deliberation mode. You guys are the best!

I am so humbled and so grateful to wear this ring and I am literally pinching myself every day! I will try to post more photos soon, but in the meantime, I am wishing all of you every happiness in 2018!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks absolutely lovely on you! I'm glad you decided to go with the antique halo setting (referencing your other thread)! Wear it in good health!:wavey:

BTW, I believe this is your CAC diamond (unset) when I visited Victor's office last year: IMG_3212.jpg
@m-2-b, Thank you for all of your kind words! This was a bold choice for me, but now seeing the setting IRL it feels like it was meant to be and I would not change anything! And yes, you are correct about the stone... what a great memory you have! Here is an amazing glamour photo that Victor took of it (and oh how I wish I could take photographs anywhere close to this!). I am truly enamored with CACs!

2.718 F VS2.jpg

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely gorgeous!!!:love::love::love: That is one of my very favorite VC settings! It is perfect for your diamond!!!
Oh wow... That is utter perfection. The stone is
gorgeous in its own right and the setting takes it to a whole other level :appl::appl::appl:

Congratulations!!!
Absolutely perfect! This is my favorite halo setting by VC!! It’s a true work of art, and he never disappoints!! Please post more photos!! One can NEVER get enough of such beauty!!!
Congratulations, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :mrgreen2:
Wow! That is absolutely stunning. A perfect setting for a perfect stone! Congrats and enjoy every minute wearing it!

@diamondseeker2006, @ILikeShiny, @Matthews1127, and @Sandeek, thank you so much! As you know I contemplated the setting for quite a while (setting choices are difficult for me!), but you all really helped me get clarity. Victor had suggested that this setting would really complement the stone and of course he was 100% correct! And now seeing this finished piece, it is hard to imagine the stone in any other setting. I really love the elongated shape with the vintage halo, and the French cuts help to accentuate the silhouette as well. Many thanks again!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I really considered ordering that setting myself but it felt like more of a RHR for me and I was looking for and E ring What color is your CAC? Congrats and enjoy!!!!
Holy moly this is soooooo incredible!!!! Truly breathtaking :love::love::love: your collection is absolutely amazing @carbonfan!!!!!!

Please remind us of the specs of your gorgeous stone!
@sgirl and @ac117: Thank you for all of your kind words! And yes, I know what you mean about the e-ring vs. RHR dilemma, and to my eyes this just seemed like a perfect RHR. The center stone is a 2.718 F VS2 CAC. I was incredibly lucky to find it and I am truly in awe of it!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I am so happy you chose the French Cut Halo. I am a huge fan of vintage designs, and feel they just make amazing RHR's. I feel the same with halos never really was into them, yet VC's designs have completely converted me.
@Mixtress, I appreciate your kind words; thank you! It is amazing how markedly different this halo is from any other halo that I have seen. I honestly never thought I would wear a halo, but when Victor works his magic it is truly extraordinary. After seeing his work I am learning to never say never! :loopy:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing indeed!!! Both your stone and setting are top notch. I loooove the detailing and the way it looks on your beautiful hands. Those frenchies never fail to amaze and I love the vintage vibe.

More pics please!!
:wavey:
@Acinom, aww, thank you! I must say that your VC rings have been quite an inspiration to me. :love::love::love: As a side note, I have always thought that my fingers looked a bit brawny (not sure if it was so many years as a musician or just opening too many boxes without at box cutter!) and over the years I wished for more graceful hands. So in any case, you are too kind, and I am living proof that this ring can make anyone’s fingers look beautiful! ;)) Seriously, though, I find myself entranced by the CAC and I love the vintagey art deco vibe as well. Victor nails it every single time, but I think he may have outdone himself with this design! :loopy:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes!!! Now this is the way you start a new year. Congratulations carbonfan. I am so happy for you. I know. His halos are soooo light. I mean, is it really on your finger?? Oh yeah. There it is. It won’t stop sparkling but other than seeing the crazy sparkle whizzing around as you move your hand, you can forget its even there. It is just too fabulous. Seriously. Congratulations again. That CAC is truly the stuff dreams are made of. Congratulations. Did I say that already? And thank you for posting this on New Years Day. And just keep uploading pics ok? I don’t care where you are or what you’re doing. Keep snapping and posting. We need more pics of this masterpiece.
@LLJsmom, you are too kind and your post was so sweet…. thank you so very, very much! Your insights mean so much to me and I am truly grateful to you for all of your encouragement along the way. And oh my gosh, I could not agree with you more about how incredibly light and airy this ring is… I really can forget sometimes that I am wearing it because it is just that comfortable. And the finger coverage definitely throws me for a loop at times... for just a split second I wondered if I had gone too big on the center stone, but I got over that pretty quickly, LOL! Seriously, though, Victor’s spectacular artistry never ceases to amaze me... so insanely beautiful that it defies description! Your octagonal ring is quite an inspiration to me and it is one of my very favorites EVER! :love::love::love: Thank you again for all of your kind words, and I will do my best to post more pics soon!

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

Gorgeous and I love reading your post and the excitement that exudes out of your words. May it continue to bring you nothing but joy! :dance::appl:
May I ask you what you wear on your left hand when you are sporting the VC halo stunner? More photos and perhaps a family shot?! :D

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring! It’s magnificent!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I though of something. That CAC is the stuff dreams are made of. It's stunning! Your ring is just perfect. Love the diamond. Love the setting. Love every freaking thing about it! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD!

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!:love::love::love:

Hahaha what @elle_71125 wrote.:appl:

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock
Amazing - most beautiful! Wear it in good health!

May I ask what are the dimensions of the center stone and what exactly makes a French cut halo?

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is exquisite, stunningly beautiful, like wearing art on your finger.
Enjoy wearing this beauty, it looks gorgeous on your hand :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results