shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Victor has done it again! Amazing VC Vintage French Cut Halo Ring with Canera Antique Cushion!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope this finds you all well and enjoying the first day of the New Year!! I also want to thank each of you who chimed in with advice about my “cushion conundrum” several months ago. Your advice was incredibly helpful, and as promised, I am back with one heck of an update!!

The backstory: Last year I fell head over heels in love with newly cut antique cushions, and I happened upon a 2.7 ct CAC that I just could not live without. This was basically my birthday/Christmas/anniversary gift all rolled into one! In thinking toward this project I knew that I wanted to work with Victor, and as other PS members will attest, he is an absolute joy, a perfectionist, and so incredibly patient. His craftsmanship is perfection, and I cannot recommend him highly enough!

After deliberating among several setting choices, I finally decided that Victor’s vintage French cut halo setting would best showcase the elongated shape of this CAC. I became enamored with the French cut halo design based on the photos and the description, but I must say that even all of my online ogling did not prepare me for the beauty that greeted my eyes when I saw this masterpiece in real life...

When I opened the box I literally gasped! I never knew a halo could be so utterly gorgeous (or look so huge! :twirl:). Despite the size of the ring it feels lighter than air and it is so delicate on my finger that I would hardly even know I was wearing it if it wasn’t for its blinding brilliance! :love: I truly adore each intricate detail… the bezel, the precision millgrain, the airline halo, the single cuts adorning the shoulders, the intricate fleur-de-lis profile… each element of the design is immaculate and I am in complete awe! This beauty is an exceptional work of art and I find myself constantly staring at it. It is quite literally the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen, and I am still pinching myself that I get to wear it!

So to say that I am thrilled with the ring would be the most egregious understatement of the New Year… up until now I have not considered myself to be a halo girl, but I consider this ring to be a phenomenon in its own right, and it has changed my opinion of halos forever. It is incredible in every way, and I seriously cannot stop staring at it! Although I am still adjusting to the incredible finger coverage, the graceful design of this setting provides a balancing force, and (to my surprise) I really don’t find the ring to be overpowering at all. I wouldn’t change a single thing! However, I must confess that every time I glance down at it I have to catch my breath just a bit! It is truly spectacular and most enchanting, and it has certainly transformed my experience of even the most mundane tasks… they seem quite enjoyable all of a sudden!

I cannot say enough about this ring, which is beautiful beyond belief, and seems to grow more exquisite every time I put it on! It is safe to say that Victor has converted me to a halo girl! :loopy: My amateur photos honestly do this beauty minimal justice, but hopefully they will give you a glimpse of this amazing ring. I took all of these on cloudy/rainy/dreary days, so the lighting wasn’t optimal, yet the CAC nevertheless sparkled like crazy! I seriously love this ring. :love:

So if you are considering a VC halo (or any VC design for that matter!), ponder no more… Victor seriously hits it out of the park every single time!!

Up first, the jaw-dropping glamour shots that Victor sent me, which literally took my breath away:
**edited, please follow policies regarding logos**
French-Cut-w-CAC (profile).jpg

Attachments

• French-Cut-w-CAC.jpg
    French-Cut-w-CAC.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 98
  • French-Cut-w-CAC2.jpg
    French-Cut-w-CAC2.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 61
  • French-Cut-w-CAC (profile).jpg
    French-Cut-w-CAC (profile).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 62
  • French-Cut-w-CAC.jpg
    French-Cut-w-CAC.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,076
  • French-Cut-w-CAC2.jpg
    French-Cut-w-CAC2.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,054
Last edited by a moderator:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lordy!!:love::appl:

cheers--Sharon

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks absolutely lovely on you! I'm glad you decided to go with the antique halo setting (referencing your other thread)! Wear it in good health!:wavey:

BTW, I believe this is your CAC diamond (unset) when I visited Victor's office last year: IMG_3212.jpg

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s my favourite VC setting! Congratulations, she’s a beauty. More pictures, please!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow... That is utter perfection. The stone is gorgeous in its own right and the setting takes it to a whole other level :appl::appl::appl:

Congratulations!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely perfect! This is my favorite halo setting by VC!! It’s a true work of art, and he never disappoints!! Please post more photos!! One can NEVER get enough of such beauty!!!
Congratulations, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :mrgreen2:

sgirl

Rough_Rock
Stunning! I really considered ordering that setting myself but it felt like more of a RHR for me and I was looking for and E ring What color is your CAC? Congrats and enjoy!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gasp...swoon...drool...:love::love::love:

Gorgeous, amazing ring!!! Love every detail, and how it looks on your hand! Congrats and enjoy this beauty! :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly this is soooooo incredible!!!! Truly breathtaking :love::love::love: your collection is absolutely amazing @carbonfan!!!!!!

Please remind us of the specs of your gorgeous stone!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congratulations!

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I am so happy you chose the French Cut Halo. I am a huge fan of vintage designs, and feel they just make amazing RHR's. I feel the same with halos never really was into them, yet VC's designs have completely converted me.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crikey!!!!

This is just flipping AMAZING!! :appl:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perfection! Sigh....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is simply gorgeous! Enjoy!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It's beautiful!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is absolutely stunning. A perfect setting for a perfect stone! Congrats and enjoy every minute wearing it!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are one VERY lucky lady! Stunning stunning ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely gorgeous!!!:love::love::love: That is one of my very favorite VC settings! It is perfect for your diamond!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the stone and setting.

I would love to work with Victor one day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results