shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo » 26 Feb 2012 02:42
Checkers was sold to me as "at least G VS, probably better" and is set in platinum

Chunky was sold to me as "G SI1 or SI2, eye clean" and is set in 14k gold with 12 side diamonds

According to the seller, both rings are from approx. 1890.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-pics-of-2-oecs-chunky-and-checkerboard.172360/#post-3134851']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-pics-of-2-oecs-chunky-and-checkerboard.172360/#post-3134851[/URL]

bella.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
miafab » 09 Mar 2012 21:46

My double bezel split shank .72 ct FLY diamond in 18kt yellow gold by DBL.
It´s a RHR I wear everyday. I love it!

mia.png

AU403

Rough_Rock
My .92 F VS2 Cushion Cut - Kite Set in Micro Pave

My .92 F VS2 Ideal Cushion Cut - Kite Set in Micro Pave :love:
Size 5.5 on a size 5 finger

my%20ring_0.jpg

IwillMarryThisRing-1.jpg

IwillMarryThisRing-2.jpg

IwillMarryThisRing-3.jpg

IwillMarryThisRing-4.jpg

IwillMarryThisRing-05.jpg

-GIA-
.92 F VS2 Ideal Cushion Cut
Depth: 66.7% / Table: 67.0%
Measurements: 5.59*5.49*3.66
Ratio: 1.02
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Thin to extremely thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's lovely!!! Congrats :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
i really love the setting! where did you get it?

brs1804

Rough_Rock
2012-03-12%2018.08.52.jpg
2012-03-12%2011.20.54.jpg

.85, J, VS1, True Hearts Cut

Pic one on a basil leaf, pic two on my man hands. Hopefully it looks cuter on the girls hand!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
brs1804, stunning! You have exquisite taste!
And nice photo on the leaf!

brs1804

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I am really happy with it. I was concerned that the .85 would look too small!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
brs1804|1331661974|3147743 said:
Thank you! I am really happy with it. I was concerned that the .85 would look too small!

it looks great!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
brs - it looks huge! What size are your fingers? If it looks that good on your man hands, and on the leaf, it's going to look amazing on her!

brs1804

Rough_Rock
The ring is a size 7 and I could almost squeeze it down on my knuckle, so I certainly do not have big hands for a guy haha

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D » 15 Mar 2012 16:44

This was a pleasant surprise when it arrived this morning.

I bought this on ebay based on the worst photos I have seen yet (see below). It was said to have an approximately 5mm diamond, and since I was looking for a stone that size, I took a chance and bought it for a very good price. Of course

My plan was to cannibalize it for the stone, but it is simply too beautiful. The diamond is smaller than advertised, clocking in at about 4.2mm to the inner edges of the bezel. I suspect it is 4.5mm or about 0.30ct, loose. It is white, clean, and beautifully cut, and as I suspected, an Old European.

The pendant needs a new chain (the one it came with is cheap gold filled junk), but otherwise it is perfect. Once I spruce it up and get a new chain, I will be giving it to my mom for her uncoming 60th birthday! I think it matches her engagement ring very well, which is an OEC in a yellow gold buttercup style mount.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victorian-oec-diamond-lavalier-pendant.173116/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victorian-oec-diamond-lavalier-pendant.173116/[/URL]

dreamerd.png

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Brs, it looks absolutely fantastic! Your lady is so lucky girl! I felt in love with this setting, could you please some more close up pictures of your ring from different angles. Pretty please?

midorimonsta

Rough_Rock
Yay! I've been wanting to post in this thread for a while. I've read through every single page here and here's our contribution finally. My new e-ring!

Original thread: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ing-down-a-diamond-which-is-best-deal.172392/

Stats:
0.768 AGS I/VS1
Cut = JA True Hearts (AGS0)
HCA = 0.8 (ex-ex-ex-vg)
Dimensions = 5.93*5.97*3.57
Depth = 60.1%
Table = 57.5%
Crown = 33.5
Pavilion = 40.7
Ring size = 4 (might need to go down to a 3.5 or 3.75)

ring1_26.jpg ring2_23.jpg ring3_14.jpg ring4_12.jpg ring5_12.jpg hand1.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings, everyone!!

brs1804, I love that halo!

Ashlee302

Rough_Rock
I'm so excited to share my engagement ring! We've been engaged for about a year and a half and our official day is May 6th :) 38 days away!!! Its been a long time coming, our wedding day has been moved 3 times because of circumstances. Our most recent one was my fiance having cancer...guess what we just got news last week that the cancer is GONE!!! I originally had a solitaire. Just a .46 carat princess stone and my fiance and I went to our jewelers and found this great bridal set and got it! We are getting each other wedding/celebratory gifts. The center stone is still my original diamond. It has so much meaning behind it :D So we got a halo setting for it. My wedding band matches the band but I cant wear it yet until our big day! Hope you guys enjoy! I love it!!! :D :D

13photo.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ashlee302|1333082850|3159684 said:
I'm so excited to share my engagement ring! We've been engaged for about a year and a half and our official day is May 6th :) 38 days away!!! Its been a long time coming, our wedding day has been moved 3 times because of circumstances. Our most recent one was my fiance having cancer...guess what we just got news last week that the cancer is GONE!!! I originally had a solitaire. Just a .46 carat princess stone and my fiance and I went to our jewelers and found this great bridal set and got it! We are getting each other wedding/celebratory gifts. The center stone is still my original diamond. It has so much meaning behind it :D So we got a halo setting for it. My wedding band matches the band but I cant wear it yet until our big day! Hope you guys enjoy! I love it!!! :D :D

Ashlee, I love your reset!! It looks so lovely on you, perfect really - and very happy to hear about your fiancé's clean bill of health! I'm glad things are looking up and the two of you have lots of good things to look forward to! Best wishes on your upcoming wedding! :appl:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
My favourite thread!

So glad I have something to contribute again! :)

First off, I need to confess that I did the unthinkable, I bought an EGL diamond! *gasp* But look at that colour! How could I possibly resist that?

Rae is an EGL R set in 18kt yellow gold and her little friend is a 3 pointer I received from my dad and stepmom. :)

More pics here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-86tcw-studs-and-itty-bitty-yellow-diamond-pendant.173684/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-86tcw-studs-and-itty-bitty-yellow-diamond-pendant.173684/[/URL]

IMG-20120331-01222.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ashlee302 said:
great news about your fiancé!

Beautiful new setting :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bridget S. » 01 Apr 2012 19:40

I posted my review of my purchasing experience with David at Diamonds By Lauren in this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-yellow-diamond-ring-diamonds-by-lauren.173587/#post-3158825#p3158825']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-yellow-diamond-ring-diamonds-by-lauren.173587/#post-3158825#p3158825[/URL] and received the ring and stone on Saturday. My whole review stands true, but I also wanted to add that another wonderful thing about my dealings with David were the total lack of pressure to purchase, or make me feel like if I didn't buy right then, I was missing out! Onto specifications and pictures, lots and lots of pictures!

The centre stone in the three stone ring is GIA graded, 0.86, W-X, light yellow, natural colour, the two sides are .20 each, total carat weight 1.26. My ring size is 5.5. Sometimes the yellow is more evident, other times it just looks a little warm. I didn't have a lot of sun yesterday, but damn! this baby sparkles! These are my first radiant cuts, and I love the seeming depthlessness of them. Just beautiful!

The Old Mine Brilliant is also GIA graded as 1.14 L, SI2. I've decided to start the process to turn this into a three stone ring as well.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-yellow-diamond-ring.173726/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-yellow-diamond-ring.173726/[/URL]

bridget.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise » 02 Apr 2012 22:30

Hello, PS!

I've been meaning to do a SMTB thread or two for the few goodies I have, but have always put it off. I just got inquired about my avatar by Miss Audball, so I'm finally coming around to it for this one!

I was given a budget for my graduation present last summer, with the intent to allow me to upgrade my promise ring for a full 1 carat-er by my dear SO. (I always had a sneaking suspicion that he just forgot to get me a present, so he just gave me that excuse to save himself ) My original promise ring is a 0.70 F VS2 (GIA) radiant in a replica of the old Cartier 1895 setting that he purchased for me when we first started talking about nuptials, and right before we moved in together to our own apartment. I used Pricescope on my smartphone in a local B&M jeweler's store to compare stats and prices, and negotiated a buy-back and upgrade policy. I guess SO had the intention that I would take my first ring, and combined with my graduation allowance, get a bigger rock with a prettier setting. He totally ignored that I had told him a million times that prices went up the roof!

Basically, with my graduation moneys and the buy-back value combined, I could buy my own diamond back So with his blessing, I just made myself a 2nd p-ring/"class ring". I don't know what to call it, and I don't really care for labels anyway

I knew I loved the pear shape, and how it's a less common shape nowadays, so I called my jeweler, and had her bring in a few pears that were within my budget. I wanted a fat, short pear that was under a 1.5 ratio, but not TOO fat and short.

I was going to have a custom made cast setting made for a halo with plain shank, but I was getting antsy to have it done before a particular event I was attending. It had been already over a month past my graduation! So I had my jeweler's husband take a plain solitaire with a slightly tapered shank and a halo pendant, and solder the two together. In my excitement, it was perfect , but now I'd like to redo it one day as the diamonds in the halo aren't evenly space, and I find the airline between my center stone and the halo quite annoying.

I am, however, very pleasantly surprised what a big difference a halo makes in the sense of finger coverage! And the fact that pears face up a tad larger, too

Stats:
0.70, F, VS2 (small white feather in the table, but it's only visible if I stare deeply and tilt at a certain angle)
7.47 x 5.12 x 3.15 mm
depth: 61.5%
table: 54%
medium to slightly thick, faceted girdle
no florescence

It is an EGL USA diamond, and I compared it with a GIA G and my own GIA F. It's definitely a tiny tinge more tinted than my F, but not as tinted as the couple of G's I had next to it. I knew that risk, though, and am happy with my ring.

My two babies next to each other

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/0-70-f-vs2-halo-pear-ring-pendant-makeover.173772/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/0-70-f-vs2-halo-pear-ring-pendant-makeover.173772/[/URL]

madelise.jpg

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
My ering is rather modest but I love it because my fiance handpicked the diamond and setting himself and got what he could afford. It's a russian ideal cut .25ct G VS2 in white gold six prong setting. We're going to use the store credit I have from trading in my lovely yellow diamond former wedding ring that I decided I didn't want to keep after my divorce so I added a wrap to my ering for now, though my jeweler is custom making me a halo wrap. My wedding band is also being custom made and will be a 1/2ct eternity band. My df is getting a black titanium band with a black diamond.

rings2.jpg

LavenderPeace

Rough_Rock
So I finally have a ring of my own to share :)

It's not an engagement ring, but just a fun (early-ish) 30th Birthday present to myself.

It's a Brian Gavin bezel!!! I'm soooo excited - I haven't been able to stop staring at it since I got it just barely a week ago.

K SI2 .434 cts
ring size 5.5 ... though it ended up being a bit too big. Guess my fingers aren't as large as I thought :confused:

So hard to capture the beauty of the stone in pictures, but it being a Brian Gavin I'm sure you can imagine :) :) :) :love:

glow.JPG

chairJPG.JPG

white.JPG

akemibabe

Rough_Rock
OMG!!! that's very pretty. i have been looking at the same thing from BGD but just cannot pull the trigger. congrats!!!! :love:
may I ask is that the one with or without the bridge?

LavenderPeace

Rough_Rock
Thank you much! It's the bezel with the bridge :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results