shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone yellow diamond ring - Diamonds by Lauren!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
With great fortune, a just-passed birthday, and a 15th anniversary coming up, I was in the market for a new stone. I have wanted a yellow diamond for the longest time. I knew that the person to see was David at Diamonds by Lauren. I am also fortunate enough to live in Boston, so I made an appointment and drove down to NYC for the day. When my friend and I arrive for our appointment, Robert meets us at the door, David is in his office in the back, he calls out "what ring size are you?" "5.5" I respond, he walks up front and hands me a ring. "Okay, try this on!" an over 3 carat marquise shaped fancy pink diamond, with half moon side stones, all halo'd ... gulp! ... so started my wonderful afternoon looking at all these amazing stones and rings. Despite knowing I wanted a yellow diamond, I was also very strongly attracted to the Old Mine Brilliants, Cushions and Radiants. I sent a list of stones and rings to to look at during our appointment. David spent so much time with us, showing us items on my list, and so many beautiful rings and stones that were not on the list! I was very impressed in the set up, the room was brightly lit with sunshine, so you could see the stones as they would appear in real life, the descriptions were spot on. I was torn having to choose between all these amazing stones (how lucky I feel that my 'problem' for the day was deciding which diamond I wanted!) I had looked at stones between one and two carats, but I was very attracted to the three stone rings, and I do not have a three stone ring. So after much deliberation between choosing a larger solitaire or the three stone rings, these are finally the two rings I narrowed it down to. The ring I purchased was the three stone, yellow diamond ring, described as having edge to edge sparkle, and incredibly well matched stones, it absolutely does! I can't wait for it to be sized and in my hot little hands. Hopefully by the end of the week!
I also bought a stunning 1.17 Old Mine Brilliant which I will have set in a three stone with sapphire sides when the funds allow, right now I will focus on the beautiful three yellow diamonds! I will take more (better!) pictures and more hand shots when the ring arrives and start a new thread.
As a lovely aside, David was taking pictures while I was wearing the large pink ring and he used the picture in the ad! Now I can add million dollar diamond ring hand model to my resume : )
I couldn't have been happier with the whole transaction, a big thank you to David and Robert!!

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

r4464-pink-diamond-ring-hand.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
ooooH pictures of the GIA graded 1.14 Old Mine Brilliant! It is an L/ SI2.

r4291aaa.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and great vintage cut!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH I love that vintage cut, I've eyed that off on David's website for ages!!! :love: :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are a lucky lady!! A yellow diamond 3 stone AND a gorgeous vintage cut??? Wow! And your budding career as a hand model is pretty cool too! Thanks for sharing!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and ring! What a fun day!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome! Congrats!

cheers==Sharon

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I am an incredibly lucky lady!! The pink diamond was just amazing, I had never seen one before!

Thanks for all the sweet comments :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a fun and productive trip! :appl: Love all the rings and the Old Mine, too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great day for you!!! You got to try on some fabulous rings and come home with 1 and a stone for a future
setting...now thats my kind of day! Congrats!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You lucky lady! I need me a play date like that!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1333065572|3159506 said:
You lucky lady! I need me a play date like that!

Agreed!! :love: :love: Congratulations on your new ring and OMC! They are both stunning!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
JEALOUS of such a fabulous day of diamond fun you just had!!!

Love your new OMC diamond - are you going to go for a 3 stone after all??

Congrats on the upcoming birthday and anniversary!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all gorgeous.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hey, you're wearingMY sapphire three stone ring there! :bigsmile: I have such a hard time leaving that one behind when I visit the office, I love it! (Not really mine, just wishful thinking. Sigh.)

Oh, and now it just kills me that I can't have the pink marquise. ;(

Glad you had a fun day, and congrats on your upcoming anniversary.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, all are very gorgeous pieces.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

More pics!!! Of the threestone - from all angles - and of the old miner :love:

Glad to hear that you had such a great visit w/ David :bigsmile: I went last year and it was pretty incredible - so much *stuff*!!

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Bridget, love your new diamonds. Do you know if your new OMC is a genuine old cut stone or a modern replica?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results