shape
carat
color
clarity

Trouble........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Hey, the pill isn''t foolproof. Even with the most diligent use it does still have a failure rate. I know I have to make an appt to see my gyn doc as apparently my body is ''adjusting'' to the pill and it''s no longer strong enough. joy.
20.gif
Bodies, particularly female bodies, are tricky and complicated things that are ill-understood by doctors.
20.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Alexis I am so sorry that your boyfriend has not been supportive of your situation and I hope that you will find someone close to you to confide in. I wish you peace with whatever your decision may be.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
yes, it''s true the pill isn''t 100%, but it''s pretty darn close if the pill is taken correctly (one every day at same time). There are other factors which can interfere with its effectiveness like if you''re taking antibiotics or were ill (getting sick to your stomach) which is why I was asking. Even if you were to miss a day or two, the chances would be increased but still quite low.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I am so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. I too was wondering how old you are. You sound like you have accomplished a lot and you should be proud.

I know that you probably don''t want to hear this but someday, you might realize you are lucky that you and your BF broke up now rather than years later. I don''t know the particulars of your relationship but being saddled with an alcoholic and gambling addict for a lifetime is a sentence I know I wouldn''t want. It, in an of itself, is like having another child. But for now, you are grieving the relationship and that is to be expected. And now sadly, depending on what you decide, you might be grieving your child as well. I am not going to express my views on whether or not you should abort or not. That discussion has been debated to death on here.

I just wish you the best in whatever you decide.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 2:14:21 PM
Author: IndieJones
20.gif
Bodies, particularly female bodies, are tricky and complicated things that are ill-understood by doctors.
20.gif
A MEN.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Alexis, I know how difficult this is for you. I went through the same thing with Alyssa when I was 20. It is a very difficult decision. I don''t want to share my story since I don''t want to sway you in any way, but please think long and hard about this. Factor in all parts of your life into it.

Having a baby changes everything in your life. For better or for worse depends on YOUR situation and YOUR life.

If you are close with your mom, definitely let her in on this. She might be able to share some insight with you.

I''m so sorry your ex was such a butt-munch! The way he acted was extremely immature. Better to have known now than later. And your "friend" is a biOtch. Nobody with a good heart would scheme to get someone else''s man. My heart goes out to you for having to endure through all of this.

Hang in there and you can always depend on us for virtual support. Much love, cheeks!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Alexis, I am thinking of you. Whatever you decide, don''t look back or second guess - just move forward.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that nausea? Normal, but the old saltine crackers (not the greaser Ritz) do help. Your food tolerances start to change at this time..but smaller, more frequent meals are easier to keep down. Your sense of smell will be heightened too...your energy level may go down, if you have nose bleeds or dizzy spells, talk to your doc. Make sure you increase your calcium intake, even early pregnancy can be a bit tough on the teeth.
If you do decide to go forward with the pregnancy, prenatal vitamins can make nausea/vomiting worse.

Sorry for such a nuts and bolts post.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
in my daughter's case, it was an antibiotic that interfered with whatever it was she was on, can't remember if it was a pill or one of those injected type methods. one side effect is that antibiotics reduce its effectiveness. not a great way to find out.

movie zombie

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I have a friend who also got pregnant while on the pill. Turns out she ovulates twice a month so the ''regular'' pills don''t work for her.
20.gif
She''s been on a ''special'' pill for a while and they''ve been monitoring her to make sure it''s functioning properly. None of the ''varied dose'' pills work if you ovulate more than once a month, apparently...

Alexis, I think of you often. I thought about you today on my bus ride home from work, wondering how you are doing and sending good thoughts your way. I hope you are taking good care of yourself.

*hugs*

reader

Brilliant_Rock
OT, but I wonder if nuvaring would work better for your friend?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 2:56:15 AM
Author: movie zombie
in my daughter''s case, it was an antibiotic that interfered with whatever it was she was on, can''t remember if it was a pill or one of those injected type methods. one side effect is that antibiotics reduce its effectiveness. not a great way to find out.

movie zombie
It''s crazy how many people don''t know this! I learned it from watching TV. It was in a family guy episode once. It seems like that should be something that''s taught in sex ed class or something. I saw the episode when I was in HS, way before I was on the pill and years later when I was on it I was prescribed an antibiotic for something. I went to the pharmacy to fill both that perscription and my pill perscription and you know what? The pharmacist didn''t mention anything. There was no warning on either bag. When I finally remembered that the antibiotic would reduce the effectiveness of the pill I was livid
29.gif
that no one had mentioned it to me. Not even the doctor who had specifically asked me what other medications I was taking! Not to mention that I wrote it down on that information sheet they make you fill out.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all--so I have finally made my decision. I can finally relax now.

I really sat down last night and I thought about all of the things that would change for the better and for the worse if I kept this baby.

Then I thought about all the things that would come from it that would be good.

I thought long and hard about this and even though if the circumstances were different, I would be keeping this baby. But with everything going on in my life and the situation at hand it would not be fair for me to bring this baby into this world without all of the love and support it would truly need. I was raised not to believe in this, however, I am a firm believer that circumstances that surround you really affect your daily life and patterns.

I also know that if I did have this baby, that I would have to deal with the what-ifs, and I will probably have to do that now given the circumstances.

Thank you all for your support and guidance. Your thoughts and prayers are more than I could have ever asked for from anyone. This board has been my saving grace for quite a while and probably the only thing thats kept me sane.

I have made friends on here for the rest of my life.

Thank you to all.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey Alexis,

I''m glad you''re feeling better. You''re the only one who knows what is best for yourself, and I wish you to be at peace with your decision. I''m sending big hugs and good vibes your way.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexis, I''m glad that you have come to a decision and that you are can now move forward knowing that you''re doing the "right" thing given the circumstances. This must be so very hard for you and I am sorry that you are in this position. Please know that of course we are here for you and will support you every step of the way. ***BIG HUGS***

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of your guys help I really appreaciate it more than you all know.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Alexis,

Your maturity when faced with such a tough situation is so admirable, not because of the choice you've made but because you were honest with yourself and are doing what you believe to be best for all involved. Please remember that you will grieve this loss; allow yourself to. It is normal and does not mean you've done the wrong thing. You would grieve no matter which choice you made as they each have their own set of consequences. My heart goes out to you. I too think about you several times a day and hope you are now finding some sense of peace in knowing that you are doing what you believe to be best. It is all that you can expect of yourself. My best to you and please continue to turn to us if you need an ear.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
**HUGS**
35.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
*Hugs!*

And ditto on what Kimberly said. I think you''ve carefully assessed the circumstances and made your decision wisely.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Alexis, I am so glad that you have found the path you think is best for this situation. I hope you are able to move forward peacefully and confident that this is what you were meant to do. We support you fully and wish only the best for you!!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Alexis, I''m so glad that you''ve come to a decision. It must feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of your shoulders just knowing what you''re going to do. I agree with everyone that you''ve thought this through and that you''re doing what you feel is best for everyone involved and I really admire you for being able to make such a mature decision when faced with such a situation. I honestly don''t know what I would do in the same situation, but I''m pretty sure I wouldn''t be able to hold it together even half as well as you have.

I, like most of the other posters, have been checking this thread frequently. I definitely consider you a friend even though we''ve never met and I wish you the best with everything. Don''t forget that we''re all here any time you need to talk about anything.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
(((((HUGS))))) from me too! I''m glad you''ve finally decided what you want to do and am glad you carefully you considered your options. None of the choices would have been easy, but you found the one that works best for you and that is the right one. I hope you have as much support around you as you do here.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is amazing, isn''t it, how once a decision has been made we can get past the panic. something about having a course of action to ground ourselves to. i''m glad you''re feeling better. however, for every step forward, there are two steps backwards. don''t be hard on yourself when you find yourself taking those two steps backwards. you''ve been given a full plate to deal with recently. you''re now starting to clean that plate up which will allow you to move forward. i will continue to send good thoughts your way.

movie zombie

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 9:44:41 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Alexis,

Your maturity when faced with such a tough situation is so admirable, not because of the choice you''ve made but because you were honest with yourself and are doing what you believe to be best for all involved. Please remember that you will grieve this loss; allow yourself to. It is normal and does not mean you''ve done the wrong thing. You would grieve no matter which choice you made as they each have their own set of consequences. My heart goes out to you. I too think about you several times a day and hope you are now finding some sense of peace in knowing that you are doing what you believe to be best. It is all that you can expect of yourself. My best to you and please continue to turn to us if you need an ear.
I have to agree with what Kim has said too. She is right that you will grieve and that it is only normal and to allow yourself. I have written and erased this many times... When I was 21 I was also faced with this tough decision, although I was in a different situation. It is not the proudest moment of my life, but I have no regrets. The first couple of months were a little hard (I had some depression, nothing bad though), but time and knowing it was for the best have made it easier. Almost 6 years later, there are still days that I wonder, ‘what if’, but again I do not regret it and every May 24th I have a little personal moment of silence and know it was the best choice. Having been through this all before, I am all ears and shoulders for you if you need them… ***hugs***

A bit of advice… you may not want your bf/ex-bf there… take a friend that you know and trust. I would hate for him to say/do something to make the day any harder than it already is.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for everyones support.

I guess my real hesitation was mainly his reaction when I told him. I am at fault for somethings but not all things.

its nice to know I am not alone in this and that other people have been through it.

After everything is done, he and I are going to sit and have a heart to heart. About everything. At this point I do not see us getting back together but it would be nice to get everything out on the table.

Thanks to all.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Alexis,
Strength and hugs.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
alexis...i agree re: taking someone with you who you trust...and you may want someone to help take care of you afterwards for a day or so, as well as to be around for moral support. good luck and be strong, all my best wishes to you.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Alexis, best of luck with everything (luck seems like a weird word to use). You seem to be in a positive state of mind and at peace with your decision which is great.
Has your bf made any contact at all in the past couple days?
I sincerely hope you do not entertain any thoughts of getting back together with him, his behavior has shown he doesn''t care much for you (sorry) and is not much of a man either. And also cavorting around with another "friend" while you were going through one of the most difficult experiences in your life. Not sure if there''s even any reason to lay anything out on the table, but then I''m don''t know the whole background. That''s all secondary now to what you have ahead of you the next few days/weeks. Stay strong, and I second bringing someone with you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alexis, i can only imagine the difficulty of the decision you''ve made. please take good care of youself both physically and mentally and know that you have many cyber friends who support you.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Hugs to you on making a difficult decision. May you sleep more peacefully knowing that you have made the decision that is best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results