shape
carat
color
clarity

Trouble........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Alexis, I''ve been following this thread very closely although I really didn''t have any good advice for you. It sounds like you''ve made the right decision for yourself and I''m proud of you for taking the time to look at the situation from all sides before jumping to make a choice. Now you don''t have to be in that awful limbo and can get on with your life. Please know that you have my support along with all the others on this board. Take care of yourself and know that we''re all here for you. I wish you all the best. Keep us posted...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad that you have come to a decision that you can live with and is right for you in this situation. Definitely bring a good friend with you.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Alexis, I''ve been following your story and just want to wish you all the best. Once you''ve moved on from all the emotions in this situation, you''ll realize that you are so much better off without him.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alexis,
I know it was a hard decision to make. Big hugs, and take care of yourself. Bringing a friend with you is very important.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Alexis,

So happy to hear that you have come to a decision. You looked at the situation from every point possible, and you have come to a decision that is probably the best for everyone involved. You are so young, and you have your whole life ahead of you. We will all be here for you whenever you need us. You WILL get through this. Stay strong!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Alexis, please bring a friend with you. You''re going to need that support. Take care.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I echo what everyone else has said about bringing support with you. Definitely necessary in my mind. And be kind to yourself before, during and after this time. You are definitely in my thoughts as you go through this really difficult time, I have been there.

Curls

Rough_Rock
I, too, just wanted to say how happy I am for you that you''ve come to a decision. Even just being an outside reader lurking over this thread, I felt a weight lifted off my own shoulders when you announced your decision. So I cannot imagine what it must be like for you. I do wish you the very best. Because of all the thought you''ve put into this, I''m certain everything will turn out ok.

((((hug))))

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Alexis,
I''m glad you finally came to a decision. No matter what your decision would be, there would always be "what if''s". Please don''t go through this alone. Take a trusted friend with you. You will need alot of support. I''ll keep you in my prayers.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hugs to you. I agree that you should bring a good friend. And take it a step further, plan on having that friend spend the night at your place because you may not be feeling well or just want someone to talk too.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Alexis, I''m so glad you''ve been able to find the right answer. You show great strength and maturity in being honest with yourself and realizing that you just can''t give this child what he/she needs and deserves at this point in your life...and I know the decision was hard, but I''m glad for you that you''ve made it and that you can now move along with your life.

I agree that you should take a friend along, and at least have the friend come stay the afternoon/evening with you, or even spend the night. Even though this is the right decision for you, it naturally won''t be easy, and there''s no need for you to be alone right now. I spent a week in a clinic with a gynecologist who is a provider, and I always felt heart-achingly sad for the women who came alone, cried while the procedure was being done, and then left again, alone.

I''m thinking about you, sweetie!! Hang in there!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I am sending you lots of positive thoughts, and I wish peace for you Alexis. This was not an easy decision to make and I echo the sentiments of those who say to bring a good friend with you for support. Take good care of yourself!
emrainbow.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I have never looked at this section of the forum before. I just for some reason noticed that there were a bunch of forums below where I usually am, and for some reason clicked on this forum and was immediately drawn to your posting. I have read it through and my heart aches for you and the decision you had to make. I know this has been incredibly difficult for you, and my thoughts and prayers are being sent towards you. I am glad you feel at peace for making a decision. The procedure itself may be a bit difficult simply because it can be emotional experience for a woman, and you mentioned in the past that you would have liked to not have to do this if the circumstances were different. I would like to suggest that you take a close friend with you for the procedure instead of the ex boyfriend. You need a positive, supportive person there to comfort and reassure you and provide you with unconditional love. He has shown that he is not one to be positive or supportive, and would likely be toxic at the visit. There is no need for him to be there at the visit as he will be unable to support you. Please ask someone you feel supported by to be the one to go with you. You will find your own inner strength through this - you will find you are stronger than you ever realized. You WILL find a man who shows you the respect and love that you deserve - far beyond your wildest dreams.

I am so sorry for your pain,
Lisa

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Huge hug Alexis...
Ok, please follow the aftercare advice that you are given, and get your checkup. Please do not do any heavy lifting or exercise after the procedure..you will have bleeding and heavy exercise will make it worse. Make sure to fill the prescriptions that they will give you. Get a heating pad, and since you have to be at your desk at work, having a Thermacare wrap or two will make desk time a lot more comfortable. The nausea goes away in a few days.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexis, sending positive thoughts your way and lots of hugs. I also hope you have a friend or relative who can go with you and provide support, as others have mentioned. You''re a strong person, and just remember you''ll get through this. I hope you''re doing ok.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
alexis, oh also...one of my friends who had the procedure actually did it on a friday so that she could have the weekend to recuperate. if you can, i''d take advantage of that kind of timing because she was feeling fine by monday and no one was any the wiser, she just took the friday off and that was that.

hou..i thought that they put you out during the whole thing? or at least give you the option?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Reader gave you great advice.

Having it close to a weekend is a good idea, although some clinics may only do them on certain days. I had mine done on a Thursday and was okay for the most part through the weekend, but Monday was the hard one... I was glad to be at home. What happens afterwards is a natural thing that will happen when its ready (and why you need to fill your prescriptions right away). They will explain it all before. I hope im not freaking you out or anything... I just know it would have been nice to talk to someone that had been through it instead of just walking in blind.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OKay, I have read all these posts about a million times, did she actually say that she was having an abortion, or that she had made up her mind and made a decision, and not what her decision was?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 7:36:51 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
I thought long and hard about this and even though if the circumstances were different, I would be keeping this baby. But with everything going on in my life and the situation at hand it would not be fair for me to bring this baby into this world without all of the love and support it would truly need.

I think this is the passage you''re looking for MINE.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for your love and support. I went to the counseling session and it wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. He came with me but they made him sit in the waiting room. So he was there but not really. It was alot of in and out of different rooms for testing and and whatnot.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers and tomorrow at 11 will be the offical procedure.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Alexis,

I''m glad it was better than you expected. You didn''t mention whether or not he will be with you tomorrow but if so, is there any way for you to bring a girlfriend as opposed to or along with him? His actions have demonstrated nothing but a lack of support for you, and you are going to need a large amount of it both pre and post procedure. I am not trying to be harsh, I know that because this is half his responsiblity you feel a connection to him and want him to be part of the process, but he may not be the best person to lend you a shoulder and and ear afterwards. You deserve to have someone with you who can offer you strength, not selfishness.

My thoughts will continue to be with you tomorrow.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, it all depends on what the particular provider likes to do, and what the patient wants. The doc that I worked with for a week didn''t put anyone under completely, but gave them some conscious sedation so that they were kinda warm and fuzzy and loopy but still conscious. The procedure itself is quite simple and doesn''t really require general anesthesia (and there are risks to general anesthesia itself, so it''s good to not do it if you don''t have to.)

Alexis, still thinking about you, sweetie! Hang in there.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i am glad you are doing it on a friday alexis, that will give you the weekend to rest up and feel better.

and i second that you not bring HIM tomorrow with you. bring a friend or someone that is supportive of you and has your best interests at heart. and find someone to stay with you tomorrow evening as well just in case you need some assistance.

best wishes for tomorrow.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the sentiment to NOT bring him on Friday! He doesn''t seem to care too much about you or the situation, and right now, you need someone who is going to support you and worry about you getting through this procedure and taking care of you immediately afterwards. He''s only going to be worried about himself and what his lunch plans are!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
and i ''fourth'' that. the guy has shown he doesn''t have much interest or concern for anyone or anything other than his immediate needs. it''s not the time to let him back in. this is a major event you''re going through, bring someone who''s been with you through thick and thin. i wouldn''t want him anywhere near me. now or ever.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hi Alexis, I''ve been following your thread, but didn''t feel like I had anything helpful to add since it''s been covered, but I just wanted to chime in and wish you luck, give you hugs, and let you know that I''m also thinking about you. Take care of yourself.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck tomorrow Alexis. I can imagine it takes a lot of courage to be in your position right now. Please don't take him with you tomorrow. Take a friend if in any way possible. And delete his wretched phone number from your cell. He should be history. I hope your recovery is speedy. I also think it's wise to have someone stay with you tomorrow night, in case you need something.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 2:12:51 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 11/1/2006 7:36:51 AM

Author: ~*Alexis*~

I thought long and hard about this and even though if the circumstances were different, I would be keeping this baby. But with everything going on in my life and the situation at hand it would not be fair for me to bring this baby into this world without all of the love and support it would truly need.

I think this is the passage you''re looking for MINE.

Ahhh... I see, I was holding out there... Thanks for pointing it out Deco.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alexis, saying prayers for you sweetie.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Sending hugs your way Alexis and my thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results