shape
carat
color
clarity

The Maytal Hannah thread

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I used her to resize and clean up a preloved ring made by another jeweler and she was nothing but kind, patient and communicative. And she did fantastic work for a competitive price. It was a lot of time and effort on her part for a relatively small comission. I was helping a friend based in LA acquire an upgrade and Maytal had to deal with multiple emails from multiple people, and then drove to meet my friends twice. Talk about customer service! Totally understand now what the hullabaloo is about!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how to repost photos, but here is a link for a ring Maytal Hannah recently made

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think I figured it out....

1.1.png 2.png

AM72

Rough_Rock
Trade
First off let me say thanks to everyone here who posts and shares their beautiful pieces, their thoughtful reviews and their expertise. I would never have found Maytal Hannah without you and I’m so happy I did! As a looong time PS stalker, this is my first post because this is the first time I had something truly amazing to share with you all!

Engaged 17 years ago, married for over 15, my original E-Ring was my pride and joy. I designed it probably 18 years ago and my now husband worked incredibly hard on making that dream a reality along with our jeweler in the New York City diamond district. At the time, it was an unusual setting and it was beautiful but I did have a feeling in the back of my mind that the expertise in the setting just wasn’t there. Although my 2 carat cushion cut was a beautiful stone, I never felt like the setting did it justice. I asked my husband for a reset for our 15 year wedding anniversary back in December in order to add two side zones that represent our two sons. I couldn’t give up my halo because it was the thing I loved most about my ring way back when.

Having moved across the country a few years ago I was very nervous to be searching for a new jeweler with no personal referrals or recommendations but after a solid search here on pricescope I found Maytal. Her design and craftsmanship as well as her sweet and patient disposition is nothing short of miraculous especially in today’s day and age when customer service can feel so hard to find. We worked closely together to design my dream setting that included two beautiful trapezoids as well as my precious halo. Over many text messages, emails, phone calls and even an in person visit what she created is truly spectacular. As you’ll see from the photographs my new setting absolutely glows especially when compared to my old setting. It really shows that when you’re working with the right people it can make an enormous difference in what turns out in the end.

What more can I say? I can’t recommend Maytal enough and I’m truly grateful to have found her and been able to work with her to make my dream ring a reality. I was incredibly lucky to live so close, but I know she’s done pieces for people far and wide and if you search her name here on PS you’ll find all of the same recommendations that I did when I was first looking. I’ll be posting this in other areas of PS and also hope to start a whole new thread for anyone to show off their MH masterpieces, so if you’re one of them, keep a look out! Thanks so much for reading and letting me share my happiness (and obsession! Now stay tuned for a SLEW of pics to show her off! 5B6292CF-08BF-4264-AB85-9E5F3A78F7D7.jpeg

Attachments

• F340CB53-454F-46A5-9A25-74268A56356E.jpeg
    F340CB53-454F-46A5-9A25-74268A56356E.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 33
  • E920291E-5E29-4C8B-9313-541552435B9A.jpeg
    E920291E-5E29-4C8B-9313-541552435B9A.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 3458DBEE-FB23-402B-B2E5-341D10A7FDE0.jpeg
    3458DBEE-FB23-402B-B2E5-341D10A7FDE0.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 27
  • F06F7E38-D003-434F-8A2C-186BC018D05C.jpeg
    F06F7E38-D003-434F-8A2C-186BC018D05C.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 5050656F-4312-4455-8F70-166E3ED8D12E.jpeg
    5050656F-4312-4455-8F70-166E3ED8D12E.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 35
  • AB1DD0C9-B10D-413D-BBD7-8ACC4D9C7A47.jpeg
    AB1DD0C9-B10D-413D-BBD7-8ACC4D9C7A47.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 41
  • CB4A5437-1FC9-4253-B231-3D806C591F63.jpeg
    CB4A5437-1FC9-4253-B231-3D806C591F63.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 37
  • EACFFFC8-FA86-4B89-A59B-71A829AFBDDD.jpeg
    EACFFFC8-FA86-4B89-A59B-71A829AFBDDD.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 615A1D11-6CB6-4F31-9A13-17E47EC5FDA4.jpeg
    615A1D11-6CB6-4F31-9A13-17E47EC5FDA4.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 33

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ring 4.jpeg

MH 7.jpg

Ring 2.jpeg
MH 5.jpg

I absolutely LOVE my new ring! Please see the following post for details. =)2

zrs

Rough_Rock
Maytal was so incredibly lovely in walking me through my first real jewelry purchase - our engagement ring. She was very patient and made several trips across town just to talk with me and show me options, in addition to the countless calls and emails. There were lots of check-ins and updates to make sure I felt comfortable through the stone selection and design process. The end result is more beautiful than I could've imagined and my fiancée is over the moon. I can’t recommend Maytal enough.

unnamed10.jpeg

unnamed5.jpeg unnamed8.jpeg
IMG_4723.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am very happy this thread lives on. Such beautiful work should be celebrated!

cheers--Sharon

DKM

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to share pics of the gorgeous earrings Maytal made for me. Inspired by the Tiffany Victoria collection, these earrings feature 4 matching marquise diamonds per earring. Maytal chose beautiful ones that achieve so much sparkle! As I learned when I had her re-make my engagement ring and a pendant last year, Maytal's workmanship is amazing, and she is a lovely person who is so concerned about making each piece exactly as you want it. Such an incredible bargain for quality and service! I will be wearing these beauties every day! IMG_1871.JPG IMG_8479.jpeg

AM72

Rough_Rock
Trade
Just wanted to share pics of the gorgeous earrings Maytal made for me. Inspired by the Tiffany Victoria collection, these earrings feature 4 matching marquise diamonds per earring. Maytal chose beautiful ones that achieve so much sparkle! As I learned when I had her re-make my engagement ring and a pendant last year, Maytal's workmanship is amazing, and she is a lovely person who is so concerned about making each piece exactly as you want it. Such an incredible bargain for quality and service! I will be wearing these beauties every day! IMG_1871.JPG IMG_8479.jpeg

Gorgeous!!

olliejames

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I would like to share my experience working with Maytal Hannah to create my engagement ring. I have lurked on these boards for many years and found out about Maytal through this forum.

This winter, my boyfriend gave me the go-ahead to start looking into engagement rings. I love diamonds and I am very specific about what I want…My boyfriend, on the other hand, is totally uninterested in jewelry and definitely has different taste than me. So, it was decided that I would take care of all the details and he could propose at some point with the ring, so there would still be a little element of surprise. I knew I wanted a pear double-sided halo with as much bling as possible and I purchased a lab-grown pear from the wonderful Jonathan at Distinctive Gem. (My pear is a 1.66 ct./10.64x6.43.) Once I had my stone, I started scouring these boards to find a vendor to do my setting. I was specifically looking for someone who specialized in halos and pave and who would be nice to work with.

After checking out Maytal’s work on here and her website, I quickly found an oval ring she had made for a Pricescoper that was exactly what I wanted for my pear stone. I contacted Maytal via her website and she responded the same day. She was very approachable, knowledgeable, and thorough in her response. She was prompt in giving me pricing information and posting a video on her Instagram of a pear ring she had made with the 2- and 3-sided pave work that I wanted. She was also up front with me about her lead time being longer than usual due to Covid, which was not a huge concern for me. I thought her pricing was very fair and also immediately felt very comfortable working with her, so I decided Maytal was the perfect fit for my project.

Over the next several weeks, I exchanged numerous emails with Maytal to go over details. She was always quick to respond to my questions in a thoughtful way. I am an anxious worrywart and I always felt at ease with her communication—She was always super nice, but also very clear and I never worried about any miscommunication. She was great about offering her professional opinion, while also being respectful of my input. Even though I can be very particular about what I want, I didn’t feel the need to make too many specific requests for this particular project. I felt very confident that Maytal would execute what I wanted without me having to worry about every little detail.

Maytal kept me posted throughout and sent me pictures and a video once the ring was done. Now, here’s the bad news…I have had the ring since the end of May, but my boyfriend still hasn’t given it to me. (:x2:roll2:Insert major side eye!) When the ring arrived, I did peek at it in my very dimly lit pantry—just to make sure it arrived in one piece and everything. ;)2 Even in the dark, the setting work looked perfect and the melee diamonds were super sparkly. Although my ring is encrusted with pave diamonds, it is super smooth and delicate. I cannot wait to see ring in actual light!

I was waiting to make this post until I had handshots, but I just couldn’t wait any longer to share! I really enjoyed working with Maytal and am already working on a second project with her. I will let Maytal’s pictures do the rest of the talking.

IMG_8189.jpeg IMG_8184.jpegIMG_8182.jpegIMG_8126.jpeg IMG_8137.jpeg

olliejames

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Today I am sharing my Maytal Hannah AVC halo three stone ring. Last spring, I was finishing up my pear halo ring with Maytal and approached her about creating a three stone ring with a lab AVC that I had purchased. Maytal was once again great to work with. She had a three stone halo design on her Instagram that we originally worked off of and I let her know a few other preferences I had. Maytal got to work right away sending me a sketch and picking out step cut trap side stones. THEN, I changed my mind. Maytal was very nice about this and seemed enthusiastic about changing the design so I would get exactly what I wanted. I was originally going to have halos around the side stones, but then I decided I wanted my center stone to stand out more. For my new design, I wanted to eliminate the halo around the side stones and go for Cadillac cut stones instead to. Maytal went through even more side stones to find the perfect ones.

Once I changed the design, I let Maytal do her thing and she executed everything perfectly and I love what she came up with. The metal work is beautiful and flowing, proportions are just right, and she picked gorgeous side stones to compliment my center stone. I think Maytal does such an incredible job with her halo work. I now have two halo rings from her and the halos are so delicate and really enhance the center stone without taking away from it. On both rings, my stone blends in beautifully with the halo and it just adds a beautiful glittery frame and pumps up the visual size.

I have really enjoyed working with Maytal. Her pricing is competitive, she is easy to interact with and her final product is stunning. Please forgive my photography skills. If I get any of Maytal’s beautiful glamour shots later, I will post them.

My diamond is a 1.54 G VVS2 lab grown AVC from Distinctive Gem. It is 6.96x6.80 mm and my finger size is a 4. Maytal’s setting is done in platinum with natural diamond melee and Cadillac side stones.

5D848F9A-9E46-4516-B4D7-32E951C0A905.jpeg 4D0DCF5A-C903-431A-8104-5FC461285E8D.jpeg CDB878AF-B6AF-4696-8ADC-68C807D96ACD.jpeg 48EE480A-6036-4C33-8739-C35C9D5EBF42.jpeg A21C36AE-E411-41DC-ACB6-F32DC4301602.jpeg 11E0257F-F98E-4B70-A793-313B50D718C8.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results