shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel Three Stone RHR - Montana Sapphire and OECs - from MH

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I’m so excited to share my new RHR!

The center stone is a 0.87ct Montana sapphire from Gemfix. The side stones are 0.84tcw OECs that I got about 5 years ago from Old World Diamonds as earrings (I took the opportunity to upgrade my studs in order to use these). I think the slightly chunky cut of the sapphire works so well with the OECs. The color is mostly a silvery blue, but goes a little teal in some lights. I can’t recommend Gemfix enough, they were great and picked out a couple stones based on my budget and color preference

The setting is size 6.25 in platinum from Maytal Hannah. I’m in love with it. I showed her some vintage inspiration rings and we agreed on the triwire shank and filigree in the gallery. I can’t emphasize enough how delicate the filigree is. I told her I wanted something delicate, vintage, simple but with special details, and set low enough to wear every day. It certainly meets all of those expectations. Maytal was great to work with, super responsive and kind. This is a little different from the style she’s known for but I’m glad I trusted her to execute it.

Now pictures! The flower ones are from MH and the rest are mine.

BAB2E8A9-1E28-43BD-A6AC-24993B1C9DB5.jpeg E81478A4-F66D-4A50-9C2A-AAB02CA9BC6D.jpeg 9DD4954A-D09F-403A-8ADF-4CE8D157001C.jpeg ACB10EEF-BE37-497C-BC96-FB576FD458CE.jpeg E1BC244F-1C8D-4E76-BC39-C8A12F5E37AA.jpeg 15CE93F3-68EC-4E4B-B362-953894DB44B4.jpeg E3629FBE-B901-4DC0-B2E0-5E636CA631C5.jpeg 6F2D10BB-FC92-4D10-B32A-C70413FF473F.jpeg AEA06786-7307-4869-B532-87C3ECEE01C4.jpeg 99D297BD-63C5-45FA-B24A-929D117AABD1.jpeg

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh
This is beautiful! The stones are gorgeous
It is different than what she’s known for / but it looks really really well done.
:love:

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
These are my inspiration pics. Both found on PS but as far as I know not owned by any PSers

1AC60DEB-1D5C-494F-BB2C-7BC1C2D2F487.png 8377B96B-6F4D-4725-AA60-5960E3933C92.png

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
The stones are special too. I chose a sapphire because I love blues and greens (especially the teal of Montana sapphires, though the one I picked is a bit more blue than teal because that’s the stone that called to me). I also chose it because it’s my son’s birthstone. Coincidentally I received the ring on Friday, the day after his first birthday :)

The OECs were a 30th birthday gift from my parents. I think I was actually 31 by the time I picked out what I wanted and they bought them for me haha. I’m happy I was able to reuse them in a special way.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really really beautiful! Enjoy!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the romance of tri-wire & the colour is really pretty :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love it--congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring! it looks so pretty and comfy! fantastic on your hand! such a quality hand forged setting!! definitely hand forged is the way to go!! congrats and enjoy! wear in the best of health!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Well, just how gorgeous is that?! What a lovely Montana sapphire , that blue with a hint of teal is gorgeous.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
What an impact! And I love the color of that sapphire. :love:
The quality looks impressive. I want a triwire ring someday, I just love the look.

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
I’m so excited to share my new RHR!

The center stone is a 0.87ct Montana sapphire from Gemfix. The side stones are 0.84tcw OECs that I got about 5 years ago from Old World Diamonds as earrings (I took the opportunity to upgrade my studs in order to use these). I think the slightly chunky cut of the sapphire works so well with the OECs. The color is mostly a silvery blue, but goes a little teal in some lights. I can’t recommend Gemfix enough, they were great and picked out a couple stones based on my budget and color preference

The setting is size 6.25 in platinum from Maytal Hannah. I’m in love with it. I showed her some vintage inspiration rings and we agreed on the triwire shank and filigree in the gallery. I can’t emphasize enough how delicate the filigree is. I told her I wanted something delicate, vintage, simple but with special details, and set low enough to wear every day. It certainly meets all of those expectations. Maytal was great to work with, super responsive and kind. This is a little different from the style she’s known for but I’m glad I trusted her to execute it.

Now pictures! The flower ones are from MH and the rest are mine.

BAB2E8A9-1E28-43BD-A6AC-24993B1C9DB5.jpeg E81478A4-F66D-4A50-9C2A-AAB02CA9BC6D.jpeg 9DD4954A-D09F-403A-8ADF-4CE8D157001C.jpeg ACB10EEF-BE37-497C-BC96-FB576FD458CE.jpeg E1BC244F-1C8D-4E76-BC39-C8A12F5E37AA.jpeg 15CE93F3-68EC-4E4B-B362-953894DB44B4.jpeg E3629FBE-B901-4DC0-B2E0-5E636CA631C5.jpeg 6F2D10BB-FC92-4D10-B32A-C70413FF473F.jpeg AEA06786-7307-4869-B532-87C3ECEE01C4.jpeg 99D297BD-63C5-45FA-B24A-929D117AABD1.jpeg

Fabulously beautiful

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful ring. Enjoy wearing it.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!! WOW it's beauuuuutiful! I just love that teal color of your Montana sapphire! I am taken with the design of the three stone ring, especially the tri-wire shank. So, so pretty and unique. I hope you are enjoying your new sparkly baby!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful! I love the color and the setting is perfection!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, I would not have guessed that to be a sapphire, what a uniquely beautiful color. The mounting is gorgeous, I love all the detail on the side! Congrats to you and your son

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!!! I love that it was hand forged and turned out to the perfect combination of your inspiration rings. The filigree is quite lovely and your stones are wow stones. So beautiful. The milgrain is delicate and the ring's design is so balanced. It flows. I'm impressed. You must be over the moon to have this lovely work of art on your hand. Wear it well!!!

That's an unique and quite lovely center sapphire. Next to diamonds, sapphires are my favorite gems. Yours is so pretty.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh this is beautiful! I'm not a huge coloured stone person, but you have just change my mind...now I think I need a sapphire! :mrgreen:

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! This is my first colored stone purchase and now I want more! I’ve never been crazy about the typical sapphires I’ve seen (beautiful, they just don’t call to me). But I fell in love with the blue greens of Montana sapphires and the precision cutting of some of the vendors. I know they’re kind of trendy right now but I feel like they were exactly what I was looking for. I would love to get another, something more green than blue next time.

I can’t get over the setting. It is so well proportioned and well made. It was a little hard for me to give up control and not have CADs to tweak, but it’s perfect. I knew I wanted hand forged with this particular style and now I think any future rings will also have to be hand forged.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. The proportions are perfect. Wear in good health and blingy joy ❤️

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! This is my first colored stone purchase and now I want more! I’ve never been crazy about the typical sapphires I’ve seen (beautiful, they just don’t call to me). But I fell in love with the blue greens of Montana sapphires and the precision cutting of some of the vendors. I know they’re kind of trendy right now but I feel like they were exactly what I was looking for. I would love to get another, something more green than blue next time.

I can’t get over the setting. It is so well proportioned and well made. It was a little hard for me to give up control and not have CADs to tweak, but it’s perfect. I knew I wanted hand forged with this particular style and now I think any future rings will also have to be hand forged.

What advantages do you feel that hand forged has given you over a CAD designed ring?

In the past, I've only had custom work done hand forged. And I've always been very happy. However, not a lot of jewelers do hand forged work these days. It takes a true artist to be able to understand the desires of the client and make it come alive. Like with your beautiful new ring.

Currently, I'm working on my first ring that involves CAD design. Frankly, the process has been quite bumpy.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
What advantages do you feel that hand forged has given you over a CAD designed ring?

In the past, I've only had custom work done hand forged. And I've always been very happy. However, not a lot of jewelers do hand forged work these days. It takes a true artist to be able to understand the desires of the client and make it come alive. Like with your beautiful new ring.

Currently, I'm working on my first ring that involves CAD design. Frankly, the process has been quite bumpy.

Specifically the triwire part where it joins into the ring, and the filigree. I didn’t feel like either of those would work nearly as well as a cast piece and would be much more delicate if hand forged.

I’ve been following your other thread and I’m so sorry your process has not been smooth! I think whether it’s hand forged or cast you should be able to work with your jeweler easily.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Specifically the triwire part where it joins into the ring, and the filigree. I didn’t feel like either of those would work nearly as well as a cast piece and would be much more delicate if hand forged.

I’ve been following your other thread and I’m so sorry your process has not been smooth! I think whether it’s hand forged or cast you should be able to work with your jeweler easily.

I agree with you. The elements of your lovely, hand forged ring probably wouldn't have come together as delicately in a cast piece.

If I ever get my 5 stone ring done, I think - when looking for someone to create the 3 stone ring that I originally wanted - I may consider hand forged again. My problem has been finding a talented jeweler to trust. My previous hand forged, custom pieces (pieces I absolutely love) are now older. Unfortunately, those specific jewelers (who were older when my rings were made) are also gone. Time marches on. We used to live in the New York area and my MIL had strong connections in the diamond district. Now, I have no special connections.

I'm glad I found Pricescope to help guide me through new territory. Wish I had found the group a year ago. Again, your ring is absolutely lovely. Plus your good experience with the jeweler has been inspirational.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
absolutely adore this ring - congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results