shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember » 09 Jul 2011 20:56
So we are 3 months away from the wedding and today we finally bought my band.

I tried on a few different rings and I was having a tough time deciding between this one and two thin eternity bands that I would have put on each side of my E-ring.

Tacori does make a matching wedding band to my E-ring but I opted not to go for it because I didn't like the way it looked on my hand and I'm not into the "matchy" look.

My E-ring feels really complete with the band and I am very very happy with my decision!!!

The band is 1.23 TCW. 9 larger diamonds that go around the band with a smaller diamond on each side of the bigger one, totaling 27 diamonds.

They are all H SI1. My E-ring band diamonds are G VVS2's.

E-ring band is platinum and WB is WG. I'm really digging having two different metals.

I am very happy with the way the band looks alone, too since for work I'll rarely be able to wear both together.

I absolutely cannot wait to wear it!!!!!!

Here it is:
[url=https://www.pricescope.com/co...nity/threads/my-1-23-tcw-wedding-band.163046/[/URL][/url]

Attachments

• autmumn.bmp
    798.8 KB · Views: 2,603

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
glitterprincess » 08 Jul 2011 11:44
I know I am not a chatty one around here but I visit weekly to see what other LIW's are up to, some gorgeous bling, and whatnot. I applied to officially to become a LIW last year and I am say taa taa at # 36 (I think I was 105 when I started?)

I've been engaged for a week now and am just managing to get a moment on here since it's been CRAZY busy and I wanted some decent photos to show too (What's a thread without pics?! Heehee)

The Proposal:

Last Thursday (before the Canadian long weekend) we planned to go up to my parents cottage for the long weekend. My work day was INSANELY busy and tiring. I had a million and one things I had to get done after work and after my crazy day I was just tired.
Everything that day wasn't going according to plan at all and I was SUPER delayed. My fiance (eek!) and I decided that we'll go up later at night to miss some traffic and I agreed that was a good idea (I hate traffic - who doesn't LOL) so I'm doing this, that and the other thing and he pops out to grab a couple items from the store I needed (and unbeknownst to me - my ring!!) as well as dinner for us. When he gets back in with our dinner, I take a break and eat it with him. He asked me what time I thought we'd be heading up and I said I wasn't in any hurry as nothing is going according to plan so whenever. He was telling me how he was going to go on a bike ride and asked if I wanted to come - I said no but if he wanted to go for a walk, I would and we can take our dog (I keep nagging to take the dog for a nice walk in the evenings afterwork so I was happy we were finally going to get to - I fell right into his plan LOL)
So we're walking on the trails behind our house just before sunset. At one point he tells me he has a rock in his shoe (It's a gravel road and I had just complained I had one a couple mins prior as I was wearing flip flops and it hurt LOL) so I walk ahead with the dog and figured he'd catch up. He was taking longer than normal so I turned back and saw him on one knee with a ring box open. I was in shock and said What the F**k?! (LOL I'm a potty mouth). I was in so much shock and happy that I didn't hear a thing he said as I just kept saying and thinking OMG, OMG, OMG!! He asked me again if I'll marry him and I said yes!!!
It was a perfect evening!! The sun was just setting over the ravine. It was beautiful! I wouldn't have had it any other way.
It was a great long weekend as all my family were at the cottage and celebrated with us.

Now for The ring!!!

It's a Valina Bridal piece.
Round Stone is .80 brilliant cut, F colour, VVSI clarity and 44 1.4mm G colour, good cut side diamonds for a .50 TDW
I LOOOOOVEEEEE IT!!!!!

It's quite hard to take decent photos on my point and shoot - How the heck do you all do it?!?!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eeeek-im-off-the-list.162984/

Attachments

• glitter.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,611

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hospatogi » 10 Jul 2011 05:02
Sorry ladies that I havent had a chance to post sooner but its official..im engaged !!! Last Sunday my boyfriend and I had made plans to spend the day in Laguna Beach. We woke up early to beat LA traffic however it soon became apparent that we were going in the wrong direction. I pointed this out to my boyfriend who said that I was confused and that it was indeed the right way. Considering I am not from the area I thought I could be mistaken however he had this impish grin on his face as he said it so I didnt quite believe him. We soon pulled up to the place we had our first date and when I asked him why we were not going in the direction of Laguna he simply said that he was hungry and thought we had enough time to get breakfast. We had a beautiful table outside overlooking the Hollywood Hills and it was so peaceful and romantic that for a moment I thought he was going to propose there.
He didnt however and we drove as planned to Laguna. We had a wonderful day and my boyfriend was able to get dinner reservations for our fav restauarant right on the beach. As we were waiting for our table my boyfriend reminded me that Laguna Beach was where we spent our first weekend together. It was right then that our waiter came to us and said our table was ready. We followed the waiter and he stopped at a table covered in rose petals with a beautiful heart made of red roses. I was completely shocked but my boyfriend just smiled and said he wanted to make the day special for me. We had a wonderful meal and my heart was racing because I kept wondering if he was going to propose. However as the meal progressed I became more uncertain and by the time we ordered dessert I had convinced myself that it was not going to happen that day.
After our meal, my boyfriend suggested we walk it off and he guided me down the path towards the beach. We saw a bench and he suggested we sit there and enjoy the gorgeous sunset. As I sat down he knelt before me and took a box out of his pocket saying that he knew that the day was almost over but that he would be the luckiest man on earth if I was willing to spend the rest of my tomorrows with him as his wife. He was so nervous that he forgot which finger to put the ring on !
I thought we were going home afterward however my now fiance had more surprises for me. My fiance said we were spending the weekend in Laguna . I was blown away with how beautiful the hotel he had chosen was but it was nothing compared to when he opened the door to our hotel suite. The entire room was filled with roses and candles. And on the balcony overlooking the ocean was a candlelit table filled with my fav desserts.
The next day was 4th of July and my fiance said he got tickets to a dinner cruise to see the fireworks. What he didnt mention was that all of our friends and family were waiting on the dock to enjoy the night with us and celebrate our engagement It couldnt have been a more perfect end to the best 4th of July weekend ever !!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/no-longer-a-liw-take-me-off-the-list.163055/

Attachments

• hos.bmp
    601.7 KB · Views: 2,616

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phoenix » 11 Jul 2011 03:31
So finally I have some pics to share with you guys. I'm still trying to decide which camera to get but a friend kindly took some for me recently.

First of, specs:

PENDANT: 2.656ct H Si2 (extremely eye-clean and kind of loupe-clean too, very difficult to locate inclusions) BGD Sign H&A stone. Setting is also from BGD, in platinum and with full millgrain (sp?).
It's absolutely GORGEOUS (even if I say so myself, he he). The stone is incredibly firey (most firey compared to all my other diamonds), the arrows and hearts (yes I can see those too) are just *perfection*. The millgrain is so delicate it's unbelievable! The pendant is now my new fave piece of jewellery. I wear it every single day (thanks to all those who advised on this, esp. Diamondseeker).

Linky to stone: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104047809052
RING: Centre stone is 2.374ct BGD "blue" G Si1 and sides JA 1.55ct F Si1 and 1.52ct G Si1
Centre stone is very very white, no doubt helped by the MBF (MB is my "sweet spot", you only see a tiny tinge of blue in direct sun- light, otherwise it's just white white white ).
The 1.55ct is new, whereas the 1.52ct stone used to be the centre stone to my 3-stone ring. These are eye-clean and the F is a smidgen whiter than the 1.52ct G. In fact, the F and the centre G look the same colour.

When I first got it, I was a bit bothered since the sidestones are rather large, but am not doing anything abt that for the time being. Ring setting is from LM. It's very beautiful and delicate (band is very thin, just like I wanted) but the sizing is wrong . It's a 4 whereas it should be 4 1/4 (supposed to be my RHR). So I'm wearing it on my LH which is a tiny loose (LH size is 3 3/4-3 7/8). But never mind...

Links: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=BLAGS-104050213013http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1370435.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1268849.asp

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...barbara-pendant-5-444ctw-3-stone-ring.163076/

Attachments

• ring1.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,524
  • necklace.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,532

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
snoopkat » 02 Jul 2011 23:13
I'M ENGAGED!!!!

It was the 4th day into our trip and I was having breakfast in front of the fireplace while BF (now FIANCE) was watching the weather channel. He seemed pretty disappointed that there was no snow and I made a flippant remark about how the proposal will be delayed (he has always said he needed snow to propose). I don't even know how he did it, one minute he was standing in front of the TV sans ring, the next minute he was down on one knee with the ring box in his hand I had an OMG moment and I can't remember the exact words he said, but it was something along the lines of whether I'd make him the happiest man by marrying him

The proposal was very low key. There were no fireworks, no skywriting, no fanfare. But I wouldn't have wanted it any other way because the look on his face when he asked me to marry him is something I'll always remember and I like that it was just us (and our dog) during that very private moment. We called our parents and texted friends and celebrated with champagne after. He had already asked Dad for his blessing several months ago, but Mum was still over the moon when the engagement became 'official'.

And now the pics....I said to him from the start that I didn't want a traditional diamond ring, I wanted something that was different and would stand out in the crowd. We ended up with a beautiful 2.02c (an upgrade from the original stone we had picked) pink oval sapphire and had it set in a 2mm platinum band with pave diamonds. I still can't stop staring at it and it's been almost 2 weeks! I'm not the most creative person so I haven't taken any shots of the ring in flowers/food/creative PS-type photos, also the photos definitely don't do the ring justice!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-long-overdue-post.162803/

Attachments

• snook.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 2,529

JacquiT

Rough_Rock
Trade
I like the different style bands everyone is choosing. I love my e-ring, but one year into marriage not sure about my band. Does anyone have one with different color stones in theirs? My jewelry suggested pink diamonds. It is a little pricey, but cool. I just don't know if I'll regret it.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
athenaworth » 11 Jul 2011 11:33
I'd been on the lookout for a pair of earrings that I could wear for every day and fancy occasions. It wasn't as easy as it sounds, but it was fun to shop for. I wound up with these beauties. I got these from MyDiamondZone on eBay. Fantastic customer service. (boy is it hard to take good pictures of dangle earrings)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-vintage-1-5cttw-omc-dangle-earrings.163084/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-vintage-1-5cttw-omc-dangle-earrings.163084/[/URL]

Attachments

• athena.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 2,356
  • athena1.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 2,353

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...gle-earrings.163084/[/url click-able link :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
noobiediamond » 12 Jul 2011 11:35
Thank you so much to all you that contribute to pricescope. Without this site I would have been stuck with my EGL stone. After getting educated by all of you i made sure to trade in my EGL and go with a AGS Ideal cut stone. I could not be happier! The diamond is a stunner.

I am also giving 0.81 total carat weight JA AGS000 earrings as engagement earrings. Shown in pictures.

1.306 carat
Cut AGS0
Color I
Clarity VS2
7mm round

Depth 61.9%
Table 55.3%
Crown 34.9%
Pavillion 40.8%

HCA less than 2.
http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/104050303032-PLDQR.PDF
Ring is a Platinum Scott Kay solitare 8 prong. I love it because it is simple yet unique.

Here are a few pics. I will post hand pics after I pop the question.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/8-prong-e-ring-1-3-ags000-i-vs2.163134/

Attachments

• noobie.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,358

Mina30

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I got my engagement ring reset a while ago into a cushion shaped halo and I thought I would share. I loved the custom making process, from the drawings to the CADs, to seeing the final product, I loved it!

I'm in the process of getting my wedding bands at the moment, please tell me what you think.

lopizzo-sketch.jpg

cads1.jpg

ring box.jpg

ring box1.jpg

Mina30

Rough_Rock
Sorry the pics are so big!

ring box 3.jpg

ring hand.jpg

wedding bands.jpg

wedding bands1.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ebarda » 13 Jul 2011 01:07
finally... done... took forever (over a year to find the pieces and save up the $)

3.08 blue to red color change garnet

100% color change from blue to red, sunlight brings out both, crazy cool

1950's deco ring

thank you for all your help!!! couldn't have done it without you pricescope

Last but not least, here is what I owe you, the pics. Spent two hours and this is the best I could do for you. It is the purple in between the cobalt blue and red that shows up every now and then.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...r-color-change-garnet-engagement-ring.163160/

Attachments

• eb.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,261

dmakeupd

Rough_Rock
My 5.75 c London blue topaz. 10 k white gold and .06 gtw diamonds i got on dec 24th 2010 Picture0065.jpg

2011-01-02%2000.16.16.jpg

2011-01-02%2021.58.49.jpg

2010-12-24%2019.31.02.jpg

bubu

Rough_Rock
Hi All just wanted to add my ering to the collection.

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bmaynard06 » 14 Jul 2011 23:35
Well guys and gals, its finally completed. After months of research, buying, and waiting, the ring is officially done!

I had a local jeweler custom make the setting. I had already purchased a diamond from GOG (who was great by the way!). The center stone is a 1.03 H VS2 AGS0. The setting consists of 2 trapezoid at .27 ctw and .65 melee.

Hopefully you guys enjoy, I really cant thank you all enough!

Now its time for the proposal. Were headed to Vegas in a few days, so i'm thinking something with the Bellagio Fountains (how cliche right haha)!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/well-here-it-is-time-for-the-proposal.163252/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/well-here-it-is-time-for-the-proposal.163252/[/URL]

Attachments

• bmay.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 3,472

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
jross31 » 14 Jul 2011 18:39
Hey everyone. First off all, I want to say thanks to everyone for all of the help and for all of the info I've found here on PS. You've helped to ensure that I know more about diamonds and rings than I ever wanted to.

The ring is a 1.21 carat H color SI1 ACA RB from White Flash that's set in their white gold 4 prong TIffany setting.

I just got these pictures from WF today and wanted to see what y'all think.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-engagement-ring-thanks-to-all.163242/

jross.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Icelover » 14 Jul 2011 01:04
the yellow diamonds are fancy intense yellow...8.10 tcw..radiant cut...gia certified...vs1 and verygood/verygood...no floro

the white diamonds...50 pointers each..F color vvs1 ex ex ex GIA

earrings are super flexible and dangly...

the yellow diamond basket is yellow gold and rest is white

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yellow-ice.163204/

Attachments

• ice1.bmp
    388.2 KB · Views: 3,420
  • ice2.bmp
    451.9 KB · Views: 3,407

MqLove

Rough_Rock
I've been lurking around for a little while, getting informed ideas from everyone's gorgeous photos, so I thought I should add my marquise to the collection! Here's my lovely new e-ring, my ring size is 5.75.

It's 0.58 carat D VS2, L/W = 2.01 and the setting is palladium. (Excuse my hands looking like a war-zone at the moment...)

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2431_crop.JPG

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous!!! :love: You should start your own thread!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
motownmama|1310833199|2970373 said:
gorgeous!!! :love: You should start your own thread!

I agree, that looks much larger then 1/2 carat and it is beautiful!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious » 16 Jul 2011 19:23
I just received my reset ering from Quest Jewelers today, and I could not be happier. When my husband and I got married right after college he gave me a half carat diamond in a 18K gold setting that was not my style, but it was all he could afford on a college student salary. For our 12th anniversary, he offered me the ring of my dreams, and I chose to take the same diamond and reset it in 18K because I wanted it to match my YG wedding band. (My preference is for platinum.) I chose the Champagne setting at WhiteFlash with a head from another on of their settings for a semicustom job. When I saw the pictures for the new ring, I knew something was wrong, but I thought I would get used to it. A few months later, I contacted them to alter the head. They said they could not alter the head, but could remake the ring and compensate me for the scrap value of the metal (very little value), which would have meant that I would end up paying for 2 rings.

I found out about Quest Jewelers here, and talked to Huan who assured me that they could make the changes I wanted and improve the look of the ring by making a custom head. Pete was there when I picked up the ring today. I feel so fortunate to have such great jewelers who are willing to apply their craft and give great customer service. I've attached some pictures I took today.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-to-quest-jewelers-for-my-reset.163316/

Attachments

• quest.bmp
    886.9 KB · Views: 3,153

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brooksc » 17 Jul 2011 10:38
I was told to brag about this ring I got so I guess I will do it.
I got it online from www.thediamond.com
The center is a 3.5 carat fancy yellow diamond cushion cut.
The ring is platinum and the box for the cushion cut is a special refractive 18k gold.
I am super pleased with it and I have to tell you the few stores in my area that had something even close to it wanted double.
I feel like I hit the jackpot!
Cale
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/really-cool-halo-ring-i-got.163329/

Attachments

• brooke.bmp
    616.9 KB · Views: 3,154

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bk123 » 17 Jul 2011 21:07
On July 7th, our 4 year dating anniversary, my (now) fiance proposed while we watched the sunrise over the lake at the lakefront cottage we were staying at with friends. It was a really nice intimate time together and a lovely proposal. We spent the morning together reveling in the excitement of being newly engaged lounging at the cottage and later we celebrated with dinner out with our friends. I love my ring I can't stop looking at it.

The ring is a BGD Tapered Tiffany Half Round with a BGD Signature H&A. The diamond is a 0.788ct AGS Ideal 000 G SI2 (eyeclean) 5.92x5.97x3.63mm Depth 61.1% Table 56.8% Crown angle 34.5 Pavilion angle 40.7.

Thank you to everyone who contributes on Pricescope we've learned a lot lurking on this website. Thank you to BGD and Denise who I'm told was very helpful and professional throughout the ring purchasing process. We were hesitant to purchase online but now we're very glad we did.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-with-a-bgd-tapered-tiffany.163342/

Attachments

• bk.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 3,123

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
HooCares » 17 Jul 2011 21:29
Hi old and new friends! I recently received the Hearts Jackets from BGD to wear with my 1.21 ctw WF ACA studs. They are .45 ctw F/G VS BG signature melee made to fit 1.40-1.50 ctw. studs. As recommended to me, I went with the larger jackets, rather than the standard ones made to fit 1.00 ctw. studs, because I wanted the studs to fit all the way into the jackets (and it also leaves me room to upgrade later if I ever decide to!). I've been thinking of getting jackets for a long time, did a lot of research on them while saving up, and went through a long process before ending up with these, so I was ecstatic to open up the package, and find that they are exactly what I've been looking for in terms of style and fit, and so beautiful! As an added bonus, they also fit perfectly with my pearl studs, and I plan to collect other gemstones to wear with them in the future. I hope you all enjoy the pics!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hearts-jackets-from-brian-gavin-diamonds.163345/

Attachments

• hoo.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 3,122

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
geisha_gyrl » 18 Jul 2011 18:34
Hi all,

So, I've been engaged for a few months now but had issues with my engagement ring. It's been back twice for different revisions and this last time, a complete overhaul. I had the side stones upgraded to certified sides and the setting rebuilt. Anyway, thanks to everyone for your advice. A special thanks to Yssie, DreamerD, and DiamondSeeker for your expertise! PS has definitely guided me through this very frustrating process. I am happy with this version. I can now move on to other things such as looking for wedding bands.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/third-times-a-charm-my-new-trellis-3-stone-oval.163383/

geishag.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results