shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of 2.656ct Barbara pendant & 5.444ctw 3-stone ring

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So finally I have some pics to share with you guys. I'm still trying to decide which camera to get but a friend kindly took some for me recently.

First of, specs:

PENDANT: 2.656ct H Si2 (extremely eye-clean and kind of loupe-clean too, very difficult to locate inclusions) BGD Sign H&A stone. Setting is also from BGD, in platinum and with full millgrain (sp?).
It's absolutely GORGEOUS :love: :love: (even if I say so myself, he he). The stone is incredibly firey (most firey compared to all my other diamonds), the arrows and hearts (yes I can see those too) are just *perfection*. The millgrain is so delicate it's unbelievable! The pendant is now my new fave piece of jewellery. I wear it every single day (thanks to all those who advised on this, esp. Diamondseeker).

Linky to stone: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104047809052

RING: Centre stone is 2.374ct BGD "blue" G Si1 and sides JA 1.55ct F Si1 and 1.52ct G Si1
Centre stone is very very white, no doubt helped by the MBF (MB is my "sweet spot", you only see a tiny tinge of blue in direct sun- light, otherwise it's just white white white :love: ).
The 1.55ct is new, whereas the 1.52ct stone used to be the centre stone to my 3-stone ring. These are eye-clean and the F is a smidgen whiter than the 1.52ct G. In fact, the F and the centre G look the same colour.

When I first got it, I was a bit bothered since the sidestones are rather large, but am not doing anything abt that for the time being. Ring setting is from LM. It's very beautiful and delicate (band is very thin, just like I wanted) but the sizing is wrong ::) . It's a 4 whereas it should be 4 1/4 (supposed to be my RHR). So I'm wearing it on my LH which is a tiny loose (LH size is 3 3/4-3 7/8). But never mind...

Links: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=BLAGS-104050213013
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1370435.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1268849.asp

Ring_1.jpg

Pendant_1.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are GORGEOUS :love:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:o Amazing pieces Phoenix :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting a long time for these pics! Love all of the bling!!!

BTW, do you notice any color in your H stone at all? I'm looking to going from a F to H color to get the size I want in a H & A.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind compliments, lknvrb4, bright ice, natyLad and mom2boys. :))

Mom2boys, yes, I do notice a colour difference going from F to H, but then I'm quite colour sensitive (for eg. I can detect the colour difference between an F and a G, even when not placed upside down). I think for many other people, the colour difference is very subtle. The F for me is quite icy white whereas the H has a teeny tiny tinge to it. But any ideal cut stone (esp super-ideal cut stone) would face up very white. Moreover, even though I can see the colour differences between the grades, I *accept* the differences in lieu of size. Most people IRL would not be able to detect this subtlety, I'd bet.

I can't wait to hear about your new project.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more pics of the ring:

Ring_2.JPG

Ring_3.jpg

Ring_4.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple more of the pendant.

Sorry about the massive photos! :-o

Thanks for looking. :))

Pendant_2.jpg

Pendant_3.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
BLING BLING BLING!!! :love: :love: :love: Can't wait to see IRL. Enjoy your new stunners, Phoenix. :bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaDiva|1310387066|2966378 said:
BLING BLING BLING!!! :love: :love: :love: Can't wait to see IRL. Enjoy your new stunners, Phoenix. :bigsmile:

Hello DiaDiva! :wavey: Thank you thank you, I do indeed! :bigsmile: Can't wait for you to see them IRL.

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Oooooooooo love them :love: :lickout: is the pendant bezel set? I'm a sucker for pendants and this is gorgeous and delicate...and I couldn't tell the color difference between the stones in the ring...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your new pieces Phoenix. They are gorgeous! Glad that you are enjoying them both so much!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular!!!!! :love: :appl:

I love all that sparkle!!! Nothing is more beautiful IMHO!

Enjoy your new pieces Phoenix!! And FYI, your 3 stone is just perfect!!! Would love to see a profile picture of it if ever you get a chance. ;)) Thanks!

Cachette :))

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous new Bling......would you mind posting profile view of your three stone....it is spectacular!!! :love: :love: :love:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning, as always, Phoenix.

You have exquisite taste!

Now please, please, hurry up and get more pictures!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Hot DANG! :love: Yummers! :appl: :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! That ring is to die for!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a whole lotta bling!! :naughty:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous pieces! Profile shots please :love:

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring and pendant!!! Congrats!!

I was actually super close to buying that 2.656 for my then gf's engagement ring but wasn't sure about the si2 and decided not to risk losing the shipping fees back and forth if it didn't suit my preferences. Glad to hear it is super eye clean!!!

Would love to see more detailed photos of the diamond.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pieces, Pheonix.
I was waiting for these pictures. I know you think the sidestones are a bit large, but I think the ring looks fab on you. :love: :love: :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!! That is a whole lot of bling!! Have you thought about adopting me yet?? I hadn't heard anything yet so..... :lol:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Really gorgeous pieces!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix
so your the one who bought those 2 BGD stones?... :Up_to_something: ..wish i can afford one... ;( .. i love the proportions of these two stones, small table with a high crown :love: :appl:...so congratulation,they are truly beautiful stones.. :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Stunning pieces Phoenix!!! We need some detail shots of both of them!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love love love Phoenix!!! Both your pieces are beautiful! I love them both! You have a beautiful neck to wear that pendant on too!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Your pendant is to die for! Congrats!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Loooking good!!!!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh la la!!! Love them both! :love: Such big beautiful stones, both pieces look stunning on you! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Icelover, yennyfire, Cachette, Taylorbug, Trekkie, Ninama, tyty, Laila, artdecogirl, aquanaut, tigian, christina, mscushion, DF, stargurl, luv2sparkle, stci, canuk-gal and junebug for all your lovely and kind compliments. You guys really know how to make a girl feel good about her bling! :)) :)) :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results