shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts Jackets from Brian Gavin Diamonds

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Hi old and new friends! I recently received the Hearts Jackets from BGD to wear with my 1.21 ctw WF ACA studs. They are .45 ctw F/G VS BG signature melee made to fit 1.40-1.50 ctw. studs. As recommended to me, I went with the larger jackets, rather than the standard ones made to fit 1.00 ctw. studs, because I wanted the studs to fit all the way into the jackets (and it also leaves me room to upgrade later if I ever decide to!). I've been thinking of getting jackets for a long time, did a lot of research on them while saving up, and went through a long process before ending up with these, so I was ecstatic to open up the package, and find that they are exactly what I've been looking for in terms of style and fit, and so beautiful! As an added bonus, they also fit perfectly with my pearl studs, and I plan to collect other gemstones to wear with them in the future. I hope you all enjoy the pics!

IMG_8747.JPG

IMG_8753.JPG

IMG_8756.JPG

IMG_8767.JPG

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - I have those jackets on my list too! They fit so well!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
They look like they were made for each other, and it look fantastic with your pearls.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow they are stunning!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, love them with your pearls!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too!!!!!! :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are perfect and I love that they work with your pearls too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really pretty and very versatile...I would start collecting some colored gem earrings to go in them too!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are really really pretty! I have wanted to see how those jackets sit on the ear for a very long time! They look absolutely
perfect and beautiful on you! Congratulations!!!! It is a great fit for upgrading as you said too. I wondered how an air line would
look, but it is fantastic!

Enjoy them, they look gorgeous on you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. They are gorgeous.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I've always thought that jackets around a diamond earring looks great because it reminds me of a solitaire with an eternity band. It's like the earring stud has it's own eternity band too. So your pairing looks perfect(e-ring & earrings).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great to see you again, HC!!! I remember you well because I was looking at your diamonds when you bought them! I have also been looking at those jackets and am thrilled to actually see some here with stones close in size to mine! I adore them with the pearls, too! I honestly would rather have smaller studs with jackets for the versatility of having smaller for more casual wear and then use jackets for dressier occasions! The only other thing I'd want to go with those jackets is a beautiful pair of blue sapphires!!!

(How are your twins and what happened in regard to your China adoption?)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I love them. And don't you just love the versatility of jackets!!
On my list for sure.

princessk731

Rough_Rock
Hoocares: Congrats on such beautiful jackets for you earrings. My now husband gave me a set of BGD jackets for Christmas after he proposed and I have worn them a lot more than I thought I would. I even wore them on our wedding day and I can't count how many people commented on how beautiful and sparkly they were. Wear them in good health. Seeing your pearls I am now thinking I may need a pair of pearls to fit into my jackets now as yours truly are classy looking!!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for all the thoughtful compliments, everyone! I'm so glad that the pictures can be useful to some of you! When I was considering them, of course, I searched PS for "real life" pictures with martini studs, but didn't see any yet. Also, I wanted to point out that the "air line" (I like that term, luv2sparkle--didn't know it existed!) is actually less obvious in person than it is in the pictures, I guess mainly because in person, no one is really staring at them straight on and close up! But I also think they look fine with a little air line!

One thing I have noticed about my studs with the jackets after trying them on a few times (I'm not actually allowed to wear them out until my birthday in a few weeks!) is that I have to wear the backs close to my ears in order to prevent a slight sagging. This happens only with the diamonds, not the pearls due to the added weight. I'm not sure if wearing the jackets so tight will eventually hurt my ears. Any suggestions? I used to have backs with a clear disk around them, and I wondered if I could find some of of those and see if they would help by adding more support.

Great to hear from you, DS!!! I was hoping you would run across this thread! We always seem to have really similar tastes in jewelry! Have you added to your collection recently or are you just enjoying your fabulous collection?! You have an amazing memory! My twins are doing really well and they're super sweet--they're 3 1/2 yrs. now., and doing exactly what you would expect from 3 1/2 yr. olds, including not giving me much free time to browse PS! =) And we've not made much progress on our China adoption, I'm afraid. Our LID is Jan. 2010, and as you know, the wait list for a healthy baby/toddler is unrealistically long right now. We're not quite ready for another addition to our family yet, anyway, so we're hoping that when we are ready in a 2-3 yrs., something will have changed to make the wait list more optimistic, or we will have to consider a change (country, older child, or special needs). Thanks so much for asking! How is your family? Your kids must really be growing up too! Back to the topic...I also would love a couple pairs of sapphires (one in blue and one in pink!), a pair of amethyst, and a pair of peridot (my birthstone). I agree about having a nice pair of good size studs to wear for every day, and then the jackets to dress them up. But knowing me, I'll probably want to wear the jackets a good bit of the time now! I doubt I'd be able to upgrade my studs anytime in the near future anyway, considering it took me almost 2 years to feel like I was in a good enough place to buy the jackets without much guilt! Hope you are doing really well!!!

Princessk731...your post just popped up as I was about to submit this one. Thanks so much for your comments. Your quote about "wearing them in good health" reminded me of my late grandfather, who used to always say that! So glad you have been enjoying your jackets! And congrats on your marriage!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow! Those are gorgeous but they cover your whole ear lobe!!! BLING BLING everywhere!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are SO pretty!! I love the hearts in the profile view!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I figured the adoption was going slowly. We have friends who were on the list for awhile and ended up choosing a little boy with cleft lip and palate and that process was quick!!! He is absolutely adorable! It makes me sick that the China program is so slowly now. It used to be the best and most predictable one, in my opinion. But that is the way things go with international adoption; it is always changing. My kids are just growing up fast...two in their 20's and the youngest is 15! Our older daughter got married last year and is having a baby in Nov.! So we have a lot going on!

I had not gotten any new jewelry until this year. Most of it is either from trade-ins, a family diamond, or a great deal on ebay with the VC ring. We moved to a new house last year and all my time and money went toward that and new furniture! That is still a work in progress, but I did finish all the major furniture and now am working more on accent pieces and window treatments. But here are my threads of new things (note that I now have studs at .65 each which is why I was especially interested in seeing yours with jackets!):

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-great-jewelry-week-wf-aca-studs-and-an-ebel-watch.158416/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-great-jewelry-week-wf-aca-studs-and-an-ebel-watch.158416/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-little-van-craeynest-treasure.159374/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-little-van-craeynest-treasure.159374/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/brian-gavin-re-cut-and-milgrain-bezel-pendant-redesign.160887/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/brian-gavin-re-cut-and-milgrain-bezel-pendant-redesign.160887/[/URL]

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Wow...DS...you have been busy! Congrats on being a Grandmother-to-be...how exciting!!! :appl: And also on your new house! That is so fun to decorate it with furniture and window treatments! I enjoyed doing all that several years ago when we moved into our house. Isn't it nice to have the feeling of almost completion of such a big project?!

I love the new additions to your jewelry collection! Thanks so much for posting the links! Everything is beautiful, and I especially like your millgrain bezel pendant! What a great idea to have Brian recut the stone, and I am a huge fan of millgrain. I think it's just a small touch that adds so much! And you did end up with ACA studs very similar to the ones I have-- hope you are really happy with them! And the VC band is gorgeous too. I have always liked those, as well as, the Beverly K ones. Wear them all in good health, as my grandfather would say! ;))

Thanks so much for the compliments, Laila & Swingirl! Glad you think the studs + jackets provide good earlobe coverage. I'm a pretty petite person with HUGE earlobes (no fair!). =)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, HC!

Do you by chance know the diameter of the jackets? I am just curious about their actual size since we all have different earlobes!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really beautiful and absolutely perfect with both your diamond studs and your pearls. I think I'd like to have a pair of those jackets too!

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Sooo pretty ! I especially love them with the pearls

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Sweetpea & Gemgirl! =)

DS, I just measured them to be pretty exactly 1 cm. in diameter. I guess that makes sense with my diamond studs being about 5.5 mm + .5 mm of prong + 3 mm. of melee + melee prongs & airline = about 10 mm. Each jacket stone is 1.5 mm (.015 ct.), and there are a total of 30. The smaller/standard jackets on the website have 26 (.015 ct.) stones. Hope that helps!

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
HooCares|1311271987|2973899 said:
Thanks, Sweetpea & Gemgirl! =)

DS, I just measured them to be pretty exactly 1 cm. in diameter. I guess that makes sense with my diamond studs being about 5.5 mm + .5 mm of prong + 3 mm. of melee + melee prongs & airline = about 10 mm. Each jacket stone is 1.5 mm (.015 ct.), and there are a total of 30. The smaller/standard jackets on the website have 26 (.015 ct.) stones. Hope that helps!

Lovely!!! Congrats on your new purchase, I think it looks fabulous! 0.015 stone is a great size for your 1.2ct studs!! :love:

I've been thinking about a pair of jacket as well for my 1.2ct studs as well (so 0.6ct each), I was thinking 0.01 ct stones with jacket size similar to yours (made to fit a 0.75 stud), but looking at your jackets, I don't know if I should go bigger... what do you think? Did you look into smaller stone sizes as well? I think all of BGD's jackets are made with 0.015ct stones? :tongue:

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Bora! I LOVE your engagement ring! :love: I had to do a search on it to see more pics! I think the BGD jackets that I have would really compliment your ring with a similar halo design. And I really like the .60 ct. stones with the .015 jacket melee. When I opened the box, and slipped my studs into them for the first time, I knew right away that the proportion was perfect for my taste. I tried on several different pairs of jackets at a few local jewelry stores, and the melee in them probably ranged from .005 to 3 pts. I think 1 pt. melee would look nice also, but they weren't offered in jacket styles that I liked, and I am very happy with the .015 melee. Good luck on your jacket quest - hope you find what you are looking for!

I thought I would just post a few other links to jackets that I considered online for others in the market for jackets:

Diamonds by Lauren (these were my runner-ups in terms of style; love the millgraining & filigree!):
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/earring-jackets-pink-diamond-yellow-or-white-

Whiteflash:
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/diamond-earring-jackets-24.htm

Spark at Pearlman's:
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/spark-jewelry/earrings/26MM2/

Spark at Pearlmans's:
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/spark-jewelry/earrings/27MM2/

And here are the ones that I ended up with!
Brian Gavin Diamonds:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5411 :appl:

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the information HooCares!! Your second runner up is beautiful! :bigsmile:

I actually emailed BGD about their meele sizes, 0.01 is possible but it'll have be custom made since their jackets are preset. They did say there will not be much of a visual difference between 0.015 and 0.01 meele... which I'm not sure if it's true? I will have to go find some at local stores and see for myself...!! :rodent:

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Good idea to go try some jackets on and compare melee sizes! I would agree that there's probably not much difference in visual appearance between 1 pt. & 1.5 pt. stones. I think 1 pt. stones are about 1.3 mm & 1.5 pt. stones are 1.5 mm.

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Your studs and jackets are just beautiful! Glad I saw this as I'm looking into some jackets as well. Can I ask you why you chose the "hearts" version rather than the plain version of BGD Jackets? Any what were the main factors in your decision to choose the BGD jackets over the others you looked at? Thanks

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Hi Reno! The main reason I chose the hearts design is because I really wanted scalloped edges around the jacket diamonds (it goes better with my wedding band style & I just like the look better). The scalloped edge design was actually really hard to find, especially to fit tcw. above 1. Most jackets that I saw both online and in stores had a straight edge around the diamonds (the other BGD ones, the WF ones...). The original jackets that I ordered from BGD were discontinued, and those also had a scalloped edge design, but had plain backs (just holes instead of hearts). I'm still pretty ambivalent about the hearts part of the jackets (although I might grow to really like them!), but no one can see much of them when they're on the ear, and I do love the front design of the jackets. So style was my main factor & then price for quality/tcw. of diamonds was my second. Good luck with your research and your jackets! I hope I get to see what you end up with! Your ring is gorgeous, btw!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results