shape
carat
color
clarity

My little Van Craeynest treasure!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just happened to find this little ring doing a random search for Van Craeynest on ebay the other day. It had just been listed and it was exactly my size! I really wanted a pretty band to wear when I don't want to wear my wedding set, and this appeared to be just what I was looking for! The pictures weren't great (and I am not photographer, either, so I wasn't complaining!), so I wasn't 100% sure of the condition and the ring was not returnable. But the price was excellent and I had to take the chance! It came today and it is beautiful!!! :love: You can see the fine tiny milgrain in some of the close-ups!

The ring has a square cushion in the center, some rounds scattered throughout, and a marquise on each end. I'll include one side shot to show that. The shank is in unplated white gold and I think the top part with stones may be platinum as that is how some similar rings on the VC site are made. Sorry I didn't get a better hand shot, but you can get an idea of the size of the ring. I'd guess it is about 4mm wide. I am just so pleased to finally get a piece by VC!

VC4.JPG

VC5.jpg

VC3.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple more....

VC2.JPG

VC1.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
what it may lack in size, it makes up for in BEAUTY!! Love it :)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That ring is really, really gorgeous :love: !

PrincessNuggz

Rough_Rock
Very, very pretty! i love me some milgrain!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, it's lovely. I do remember seeing that now that I see the pics!
What a fun VC week for the two of us! Now we both have the start to our VC collections :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous piece--great addition to your collection!

cheers--Sharon

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love it. It's dainty and beautiful wih wonderful detail. :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Amy, baby nurse, PrincessN, MTG, Sharon, and Farleysmom!

MTG...yes, we both did well on our VC finds this week! I do hope it is the beginning of a VC collection!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty - a nice treasure all right!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty DS! I'm so glad you found this band - I know you have admired VC pieces for a long time and now you have your very own.

What a lucky find - it looks just grand on you - enjoy!!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
What a lucky find DS, tear-to-the-eye envy here! Totally go along with the 'grand' descriptor and would like to add 'stately' too. :razz: Maybe it would make a lovely pairing with a white gold/plat version of the VC pendant you're weighing up? :Up_to_something:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is very pretty, congrats on the Ebay find :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks marcy, MissGR, Aeo., and diamondrnglover!

Aeo.- I know, it is very tempting to go with the VC pendant, but I am hesitating because of the cost! I need to find more pieces this way! :lol:

I just discovered that the ring looks great with my Legacy band! It is hard to get good pictures at night indoors, but you can get an idea. Excuse the dry hands and lack of manicure! Just look at the rings!

VC7.JPG

VC8.JPG

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them together!!! :love:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really is such a great find! It looks just perfect on you! I think it makes a wonderful stand alone ring and I love it with your legacy band too!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Score!! That is a pretty little piece DS - nice find! It really does look fantastic w/ your legacy band :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much motownmama, MrsS, and Yssie! It was a great deal for a great little ring, that is for sure!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a great find DS!... it looks wonderful on your hands & when you find the right piece in your size, it must be fate :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, great find!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it! It looks so much better in your photos than it did in the listing! And it does look lovely with your eternity band. Congrats on your find.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks D&T, slg, and Selkie!

Selkie- I know, those pictures were not good. I couldn't see any milgrain! If I had not known VC and the intricacy of their work, I would have never bought it from the pictures. But when I got it and used my loupe, I could see that it was in excellent condition and had that super fine milgrain! (Of course you see the milgrain without a loupe...I was just checking out the condition.) I was willing to take the risk knowing that at that price I could resell it if I didn't like it for some reason. The other set on ebay now looks like the design is half rubbed off to me! And that is probably why it hasn't sold!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that is fabulous! So beautiful, and I adore the way it looks with your band. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!
:love: :love: :love:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful, DS!!! What a lovely piece!!!! ENJOY!!!! :appl:

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
What a great find!!! It is beautiful!!! :love: :love: :love:
I love the detailing and different stone shapes, makes for a unique and intersting ring... just wonderful :)) :lickout: :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow, it is stunning DS!!! Swoon, I love your new treasure!!! :love: :love: :love: Looks perfect on your lovely hands :appl:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Looks great alone as well as with your legacy. What a great find!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1302782009|2895743 said:

Selkie- I know, those pictures were not good. I couldn't see any milgrain! If I had not known VC and the intricacy of their work, I would have never bought it from the pictures. But when I got it and used my loupe, I could see that it was in excellent condition and had that super fine milgrain! (Of course you see the milgrain without a loupe...I was just checking out the condition.) I was willing to take the risk knowing that at that price I could resell it if I didn't like it for some reason. The other set on ebay now looks like the design is half rubbed off to me! And that is probably why it hasn't sold!

I know! That other set has been posted for months now, and at that price should have been long gone, but the photos are terrible.

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
I love the workmanship and the beautiful center stone. Diamonds do not have to be huge to be spectacular! Congrats. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Selkie|1302807835|2896049 said:
diamondseeker2006|1302782009|2895743 said:

I know! That other set has been posted for months now, and at that price should have been long gone, but the photos are terrible.

If I didn't have some other things more pressing on my wishlist, I would honestly get them now that I know they will rechase for a reasonable fee. I'd really love to find a wg or plat VC band to wear with this ring as a higher priority. People just do not realize how much it hurts to have bad pictures, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results