shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to an event on Friday and one of the women there was wearing a VCA Alhambra necklace and matching earrings. Later I noticed she also had on a VCA Alhambra (non-matching) bracelet with a lot of "charms" on it. I have felt, lately, that everyone wears these pieces, just as everyone carries the signature Louis Vuitton bag (which I recently gave in and bought, albeit through The Real Real instead of through Louis Vuitton). I do not want to buy a piece of the VCA Alhambra and then feel that I am just wearing a uniform, which I sometimes feel when I carry my LV bag. (I had had one I got at a Louis Vuitton shop that was far more distinctive, but I never used it. It didn't have the LV initials on it and wasn't the typical bag.)

My daughter is sitting over me. I may not have gotten this across the way I wanted to. I am concerned about buying something that is becoming too popular.

Deb/AGBF

Last edited:

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I went to an event on Friday and one of the women there was wearing a VCA Alhambra necklace and matching earrings. Later I noticed she also had on a VCA Alhambra (non-matching) bracelet with a lot of "charms" on it. I have felt, lately, that everyone wears these pieces, just as everyone carries the signature Louis Vuitton bag (which I recently gave in and bought, albeit through The Real Real instead of through Louis Vuitton). I do not want to buy a piece of the VCA Alhambra and then feel that I am just wearing a uniform, which I sometimes feel when I carry my LV bag. (I had had one I got at a Louis Vuitton shop that was far more distinctive, but I never used it. It didn't have the LV initials on it and wasn't the typical bag.)

My daughter is sitting over me. I may not have gotten this across the way I wanted to. I am concerned about buying something that is becoming too popular.

Deb/AGBF

^This!
I was also speaking to a few folks about this conundrum as well. People were talking about how it's becoming too prevalent amongst ppl towards being a fad. Some even suggested it was sorta like the Bvlgari fad a few years back. Right now, VCA has great resale value. However, so did Bvlgari back in the day. Now, you can pick up Bvlgari for around 35-40% retail.

It looks like a lot of younger folk are wearing the VCA brand as well.

I still love it, but that's because I'm not around everyone wearing it. I think once I see too many ppl wearing it, I might want something a bit more unique (either from VCA or something else).

What would people on here suggest is a bit more of an up and coming jewelry trend?

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
^This!
I was also speaking to a few folks about this conundrum as well. People were talking about how it's becoming too prevalent amongst ppl towards being a fad. Some even suggested it was sorta like the Bvlgari fad a few years back. Right now, VCA has great resale value. However, so did Bvlgari back in the day. Now, you can pick up Bvlgari for around 35-40% retail.

It looks like a lot of younger folk are wearing the VCA brand as well.

I still love it, but that's because I'm not around everyone wearing it. I think once I see too many ppl wearing it, I might want something a bit more unique (either from VCA or something else).

What would people on here suggest is a bit more of an up and coming jewelry trend?
That's a great question - following for the answer.
But I must admit I have been seriously lusting after some of the Alhambra pieces for awhile now.:love:
I would love to start a stack of the sweet bracelets.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF etc... My feeling is that VCA Alhambra is simply more popular than say, Bulgari, because it is prettier than most of their things, in my opinion! Their pieces are not always of enduring styles, and that's the reason for low resale value. Alhambra has been around since the '60's, I believe, and it is beautiful and classic in style as are many VCA pieces. Resale value is so good that I'd be unlikely to buy second hand because they are not normally discounted enough to forgo buying new.

It may depend on where you live, but where I live, I see LV purses ALL the time, and I have rarely ever seen anyone with Alhambra pieces around here. Of course, there is very little access to VCA in my state, but LV is pretty accessible everywhere. I don't care about status symbols, really. And I definitely buy nothing trendy. I just love VCA jewelry because I think they have the most beautiful jewelry of the high end brands (I am speaking of wearable pieces and not the highest end pieces, obviously). Classic beauty will stand the test of time. Just look at the popularity of Edwardian and Art Deco pieces. They are beautiful 100 years later because they were when they were created!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4D6E53EA-0C65-478C-8354-DB89B0D840C5.jpeg We went and tried on the vintage Alhambra and fell in love with the sweet instead! First VCA purchase.

So charming!! Great layering piece. It also looks great layered with a vintage pendant too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may depend on where you live, but where I live, I see LV purses ALL the time, and I have rarely ever seen anyone with Alhambra pieces around here. Of course, there is very little access to VCA in my state....

ds-

When one first learns a new word or learns a new concept he starts to notice it everywhere. I may be experiencing this phenomenon and am just noticing Alhambra more now that I have been following the VCA Alhambra jewelry on Pricescope. However, I really have started to see it absolutely everywhere on people. Some of the time it is on cable TV broadcasters. I always notice which broadcaster or guest has on an Alhambra necklace. But I seem to see it all the time on people in this town, too. I believe it has become very popular here. It is probably exceedingly easy to buy here, so your theory about geography determining whether or not you buy VCA easily may be correct. ;))

Deb/AGBF

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ds-

When one first learns a new word or learns a new concept he starts to notice it everywhere. I may be experiencing this phenomenon and am just noticing Alhambra more now that I have been following the VCA Alhambra jewelry on Pricescope. However, I really have started to see it absolutely everywhere on people. Some of the time it is on cable TV broadcasters. I always notice which broadcaster or guest has on an Alhambra necklace. But I seem to see it all the time on people in this town, too. I believe it has become very popular here. It is probably exceedingly easy to buy here, so your theory about geography determining whether or not you buy VCA easily may be correct. ;))

Deb/AGBF
Yeah, I believe it. It's getting more popular. But the cost is still somewhat prohibitive for it be accessible the way Tiffany is. And the pieces are lovely. The more people see them, the more people will come to that same conclusion. And also, once one I buy things, I tend to notice them on people whereas if I wasn't aware, I wouldn't notice them. Yes, LV bags are everywhere. But I still like them. And if I found one that checked all the boxes, I would still want it. :)

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ds-

Deb/AGBF

I’m not sure if you’re actually seeing more. It might just be that now that it’s recognizable to you, and you’re noticing it.

I know that I’ve been seeing people wearing it on the news for at least 12 years (thats when I first became interested in Alhambra). I used to point at a person on TV, and tell my hubby the cost of whatever Alhambra piece they were wearing was.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@AGBF @tfc_diamondlvr I agree with you in that I see VCA pieces often. The most common pieces are the Alhambra motif pendant, earrings, rings, and I do see them on younger ladies as well.

Another huge trend is the Cartier Love Bracelet. If you are in the younger ladies group, I would say the Love is a "must have" piece, and the trendiest way to wear it is stacked, with one perhaps in YG, WG, RG, etc.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF

@tfc_diamondlvr I agree with you in that I see VCA pieces often. The most common pieces are the Alhambra motif pendant, earrings, rings, and I do see them on younger ladies as well.

Another huge trend is the Cartier Love Bracelet. If you are in the younger ladies group, I would say the Love is a "must have" piece, and the trendiest way to wear it is stacked, with one perhaps in YG, WG, RG, etc.

Hi, Miki Moto-

I am most definitely not in the younger ladies group. ;)) I do happen to love the doubled look, which I saw on LLJsmom who has two rose gold cuffs she wears together. If I buy the Love cuffs, I will buy two in the same color, probably white gold because the earrings and necklace I wear that have no matching bracelet are Elsa Peretti silver ones. The rest of my jewelry is high karat (i.e. yellow) gold. But this is the VCA thread! Take a look at LLJsmom in Cartier bracelets (branded pieces thread)...https://www.pricescope.com/communit...es-yssie-ds-and-all-other-fans.213919/page-25

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure if you’re actually seeing more. It might just be that now that it’s recognizable to you, and you’re noticing it.

I know that I’ve been seeing people wearing it on the news for at least 12 years (thats when I first became interested in Alhambra). I used to point at a person on TV, and tell my hubby the cost of whatever Alhambra piece they were wearing was.

I was rewatching season six of sex and the city and Charlotte wore a ton of VCA If I went backwards and saw the previous seasons there may be more.

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom it’s funny that you mentioned this, because sex and the city was one of my favorite shows, and I remember Charlotte wearing VCA. I also remember wanting to get Burberry dog collars for my pups, after seeing the Caviler King Charles Spaniel that she get wear one. Charlotte’s style was so timeless, and her jewelry was tdf. :love:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been a little busy adding to my VCA collection.

I have big (I mean seriously big) ear lobes and had been looking for earrings with more presence but not too heavy.

I’d never considered the Flowerlace earrings as they were classified under high jewelry but whilst on holiday last October, even though we were dressed casually, the SA helping us insisted I try these on and I just fell in love.

They covered quite a bit of my ear lobes but were so light and comfortable to wear. It took two months to get the tension adjusted right, but now they are my favorite earrings.

In December when we were on vacation in Europe, we popped into the local VCA boutique 30 minutes before closing intending to get a small momento of the trip. We walked out more than hour later with the matching Flowerlace pendant, Socrate BTF ring (they had the one size that fit me perfectly!) and something for my daughter as well. It was near Christmas after all.
Image00003.jpg
Image00009.jpg
Image00005.jpg Image00004.jpg

Earlier this year, I checked out https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-dangle-earrings-pretty-please.237623/ and loved how feminine dangle earrings looked. Fell in love with Yssie’s 3 Stone Magic Alhambra earrings and had the opportunity to try them on at the store that I purchased the Flowerlace earrings. I tried on a number of other classic earrings as well like the Lotus and different versions of the Cosmos but they didn’t sing to me. I decided to sleep on it but when I went back to get the GMOP earrings the next day, they were sold! Fortunately there was another pair in another store nearby so my SA asked for them to be transferred as we waited. My SA very nonchalantly? purposefully? suggested I try on another pair whilst I waited.

My eyes nearly popped out when she brought them in. The 3 Stone Magic Alhambra earrings in diamonds! I declined at first and told her I was looking for something casual but she insisted. Well, that was it. Both DH and the SA commented that my eyes opened so wide and had a big smile when I put them on. I still resisted as they were way over my budget I had set for this purchase. We actually walked out of the store as we were going to be late for dinner, but turned back when DH said he wanted to buy them for me. I haven’t had a chance to wear them out yet as it took 3 months to adjust the clips (Long story)
Image00007.jpg Image00008.jpg

Whilst waiting for the earrings to be adjusted, I bought the Perlee band in WG as I’d lost quite a bit of weight and my other bands were literally flying off my finger (Tiffany RG and WG? Band to match DH, and VC 3 sided band for that bling that I was missing).
Image00012.jpg
With my ACA.
Image00001.jpg

Just a few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this LE lapis lazuli bracelet. The pyrite flecks make the bracelet very interesting and I'm loving the YG...
Image00006.jpg

Thank you for reading this very long post. I tried to condense it but obviously failed.
I've had quite a year of VCAs and will be on ban island for a long time.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @Boom!!! :o I think I've just died and gone to VCA heaven! :halo:

You've got the most incredible VCA collection--how do you choose what to wear on a daily basis?! :cheeky:

I always LOVE seeing your bling updates! :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Boom, OMG, those Flowerlace earrings are TDF!! I tried them on before and thought they were gorgeous!! The 3-stone pave Alhambra earrings are GORGEOUS too. Also, congrats on the Socrate ring, the LE Lapiz Lazuli bracelet, as well as the weight loss.

Your VCA collection, your Hermes collection, heck your WHOLE bling collection ...all FABULOUS...stuff that dreams are made of!!

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You've got the most incredible VCA collection--how do you choose what to wear on a daily basis?! :cheeky:

^. O.M.G. :o:o:o:appl::appl::appl:

Thank you so much for sharing. I wish you would create a separate thread for each of these beauties.

Boom

Shiny_Rock

Thank you m-2-b! I am a bit all over the place though since I just buy what I like at the moment.
I don't wear them daily except the Perlee band. VCA does the most incredible pave work though that I find myself reaching for the diamond pieces even on casual occasions...
I should really focus on classic, timeless pieces like yours!

Thank you hathalove! I think I went overboard...

@Boom, OMG, those Flowerlace earrings are TDF!! I tried them on before and thought they were gorgeous!! The 3-stone pave Alhambra earrings are GORGEOUS too. Also, congrats on the Socrate ring, the LE Lapiz Lazuli bracelet, as well as the weight loss.

Your VCA collection, your Hermes collection, heck your WHOLE bling collection ...all FABULOUS...stuff that dreams are made of!!
Hi Phoenix! Hope you are doing well.
The Flowerlace earrings are my absolute favorite and I love that I can wear them casually as well.
I don't have much of an Hermes collection though, I've found I'm mostly a bling girl!

^. O.M.G. :o:o:o:appl::appl::appl:

Thank you so much for sharing. I wish you would create a separate thread for each of these beauties.
Haha, I would if I could take beautiful photos like m-2-b! I feel like I'm not doing the pieces justice, especially the pave pieces that sparkle like mad!
We are twins on the WG perlee band! Isn't it amazing how this simple band just matches everything.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to mention that those flower lace earrings and pendant are just stunning. I saw some perspective shots of another person and they are drop dead gorgeous and so complementary on. If you feel like taking more casual action shots at any time please do so!!
Yes I love my little perlee band. It’s the only band I wear with my ering right now. I know that will change in the future but it has so much presence for a little guy. I am craving a WG signature perlee bangle by that is another story.

And you jumped in the lapis!! That is a collector’s piece! Please let me know how you like it. I love lapis but I think I may Love the blue agate even more and that won’t be available until next year in the U.S.

justpeachy

Shiny_Rock
@Boom i love your collection. the socrate ring is my fave:kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Boom WOW!!! :love: You have had quite an excellent VCA year!!! I love every single piece, since I love VCA style, period! The diamond pieces are fabulous, and that lapis bracelet is soo gorgeous and a really wearable piece! Oh, how I wish lapis was accessible!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Real life perspective shots (sorry for the huge pics!):

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6136.jpg

Just catching up on this thread as I haven’t been on PS for a while. I freaking love these on you!!!! Stunning, really! I’ve been contemplating getting these earrings, but I told my SA that I don’t find the backs very comfortable on my frivole earrings. She said it might need to be adjusted, so will be taking them in soon. Are the pave earrings heavy?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been a little busy adding to my VCA collection.

Boom! Your collection is what dreams are made of!!! WOW!!!!! Love the flowerlace collection, it is so beautiful! And the pave three motif earrings are spectacular!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t recall if I’ve shared these on this thread, but here are two pics of my perlee collection. The skinny ring in yellow gold is my every day stack. I don’t wear my signature perlee bracelet too often though. Unfortunately I bought a size too big. My SA was trying to convince me to get the M, but I prefer bracelets to be loose. The L is just far too loose on my wrist and moved around too much. Especially when stacked with my Love/tennis bracelet. So that’s a bit of a bummer.

Next week I will finally be getting the magic 5 motif mixed MOP/GMOP/onyx bracelet in yg. I’ve wanted it for so long, but have always been worried about the hanging charm. I still can’t get it out of my head after all these years!

42712DFE-F73B-42DF-9F54-7EF97E122F02.jpeg

E2A39776-984A-41F9-A57C-6EB137481BC1.jpeg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just catching up on this thread as I haven’t been on PS for a while. I freaking love these on you!!!! Stunning, really! I’ve been contemplating getting these earrings, but I told my SA that I don’t find the backs very comfortable on my frivole earrings. She said it might need to be adjusted, so will be taking them in soon. Are the pave earrings heavy?

Hi @kama_s! Surprisingly, my VA pave earrings are not too heavy at all, maybe b/c they are in WG? I really don't notice that I'm wearing the earring backs. I'm contemplating the WG frivole earrings for the future but I have other wants from VCA as well! :mrgreen2:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t recall if I’ve shared these on this thread, but here are two pics of my perlee collection. The skinny ring in yellow gold is my every day stack. I don’t wear my signature perlee bracelet too often though. Unfortunately I bought a size too big. My SA was trying to convince me to get the M, but I prefer bracelets to be loose. The L is just far too loose on my wrist and moved around too much. Especially when stacked with my Love/tennis bracelet. So that’s a bit of a bummer.

Next week I will finally be getting the magic 5 motif mixed MOP/GMOP/onyx bracelet in yg. I’ve wanted it for so long, but have always been worried about the hanging charm. I still can’t get it out of my head after all these years!

42712DFE-F73B-42DF-9F54-7EF97E122F02.jpeg

E2A39776-984A-41F9-A57C-6EB137481BC1.jpeg

You must add to this thread once you get the magic 5 motif bracelet! Can't wait to see it!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is! The Magic mixed 5-motif bracelet. I’ve been playing with different stacks and this one is my fav.

A7C37EB9-A7D0-4CFC-9608-5BDE4E3AFE9C.jpeg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @kama_s! Surprisingly, my VA pave earrings are not too heavy at all, maybe b/c they are in WG? I really don't notice that I'm wearing the earring backs. I'm contemplating the WG frivole earrings for the future but I have other wants from VCA as well! :mrgreen2:

I tried the pave earrings on this week and they were surprisingly light! I have chubby ear lobes, which is probably why mine hurt. My SA sent my frivoles in to extend the post and loosen the back and didn’t charge me for it! Can’t wait to get them back! I hope you get he wg frivoles!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new Magic bracelet, @kama_s! :love: Your WF tennis bracelet is just fabulous, too!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results