shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone :wavey:

I found some VC&A Earrings at my local jewelers and wanted to pass the details along in case anyone is interested. Here’s the model I believe they are - https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...bra/vcara44100-vintage-alhambra-earclips.html

And here’s a shot of wearing them:

E97BFEFE-B1EB-414A-86DD-4EFFC3CF566A.jpeg

He’ll sell them for roughly $800. If interested, let me know and I’ll share his info!

Are those clip-on earrings? $800 is a sweet deal BUT there are a lot of fakes out there. I'd inquire as to the provenance of the set.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are those clip-on earrings? $800 is a sweet deal BUT there are a lot of fakes out there. I'd inquire as to the provenance of the set.
No, not clip-ons. Post with flip back. I'm not an expert in VCA so if anyone is interested in them I'd want them to talk with the jeweler directly for photos, etc. To my eyes, they looked like the images I've seen.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If $800, that would be a steal. Whoever is interested would need a lot of pics. Hmmm. I would be too worried about the price without seeing it in person.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone :wavey:

I found some VC&A Earrings at my local jewelers and wanted to pass the details along in case anyone is interested. Here’s the model I believe they are - https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...bra/vcara44100-vintage-alhambra-earclips.html

And here’s a shot of wearing them:

E97BFEFE-B1EB-414A-86DD-4EFFC3CF566A.jpeg

He’ll sell them for roughly $800. If interested, let me know and I’ll share his info!

When I enlarge the picture, I do not believe these are real VCA. I have clover earrings that are larger than the vintage size, and they are similar but definitely are not exact copies of VCA. I think these are repros, even if marked as VCA. There are lots of exact copies out there that are marked VCA, too, so without sales receipts, VCA pieces are a risky buy second hand. But still, some one might want them because they are cute earrings, and that's why I bought mine.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@doberman and @sarahb
VCA Enablers anonymous should be name of this thread. I probably won’t be getting an addition for a while cause I will be focused on saving pennies for my onyx and WG bracelet. I realized the beauty of the perlee ring is that you can add without breaking the bank. I received a suggestion from TPF that I should add a bigger perlee between two smaller ones. And I had never considered that before. But those TPFers are hardcore VCA enthusiasts so they usually know what they’re talking about. My next ring will be another small one and either white or rose gold. The problem with me is that I like the look of 2 together. I’m just going to add another pic of my someday WG piece. And these others are just for your viewing pleasure. They are some of the new pieces coming to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Alhambra. WG with onyx and PG with gray MOP.
FE435C13-9434-4D48-98BA-1640A10B81D1.png C173B10B-2ACA-4ADF-8015-1423322417B8.png 9F59A737-A08E-4C55-AFC8-3173D85F1314.jpeg

This thread is like CRACK!!!!!!! Gosh those are gorgeous!!! You've now converted me to wanting a wg set, too. Oh, and pink gold, too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I enlarge the picture, I do not believe these are real VCA. I have clover earrings that are larger than the vintage size, and they are similar but definitely are not exact copies of VCA. I think these are repros, even if marked as VCA. There are lots of exact copies out there that are marked VCA, too, so without sales receipts, VCA pieces are a risky buy second hand. But still, some one might want them because they are cute earrings, and that's why I bought mine.

Unfortunately I have to say that I also do not believe these to be authentic VCA :(sad

The shape of the motif is more convex than in the older pieces I've seen, I don't see prongs at the four corners where the petals meet holding the MOP motif, and whilst the pearled edge has changed over the years (it used to be more rope-like, it's now more precisely beaded) the twine has never been directional - it appears to be "twisting" anti-clockwise in this photo. To be honest the price is also suspect: non-diamond VCA holds value extremely well - there's really no reason to offer such a huge discount when it could sell through online media for several times more.

There's so much fake Alhambra floating around - it'd be so easy to buy something without even realising it isn't authentic ;(

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I have to say that I also do not believe these to be authentic VCA :(sad

The shape of the motif is more convex than in the older pieces I've seen, I don't see prongs at the four corners where the petals meet holding the MOP motif, and whilst the pearled edge has changed over the years (it used to be more rope-like, it's now more precisely beaded) the twine has never been directional - it appears to be "twisting" anti-clockwise in this photo. To be honest the price is also suspect: non-diamond VCA holds value extremely well - there's really no reason to offer such a huge discount when it could sell through online media for several times more.

There's so much fake Alhambra floating around - it'd be so easy to buy something without even realising it isn't authentic ;(
@yssie I see what you mean about the rope like twist. I’m not sure if that is an optical illusion or if it really is a twist. However, I definitely see what you mean about “convex”. I wouldn’t know how to describe it but that I see clearly now that you mention it. Each clover leaf curls in more toward the center. The silhouette is more like magic than vintage. And yes. Gosh. The prongs are completely missing. No bueno.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah crud. I hate to think he got taken advantage of in a trade deal. He’s such a nice guy and has been in the business almost four decades.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah crud. I hate to think he got taken advantage of in a trade deal. He’s such a nice guy and has been in the business almost four decades.

I think this is probably quite common :(sad His pricing is likely based on what he bought it for... and his source may or may not have known anything about authenticity...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is probably quite common :(sad His pricing is likely based on what he bought it for... and his source may or may not have known anything about authenticity...
I was thinking the same thing. If he can charge $800 for it, he probably bought it for less. No one in their right mind would sell a pair for less than that.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3EA1733A-C5BA-4134-8806-AE095AEB3448.jpeg My intention for this ring was to wear it solo, as I work with my hands and I thought it would be good for beach holidays too, as no diamonds to get gunked up with factor 50, but still give me the visual interest that I crave. In the spirit of unboxing. . .
9D7A8791-3C14-484E-A90C-0EAC722C9C12.jpeg

I don’t have a traditional wedding set and prefer the look of a larger eternity ring as by wedding ring. Here is the small perlee and a couple of diamond stackers with it

Edited to say this is the small perlee rose gold band

Rosie, I must say, that rose gold looks scrumptious on you!! I love that perlee ring!! I can see from everyones posts that the VCA vortex can be quite dangerous!:eek2: :lol:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@RosieR Love your RG band. :kiss2: Really sets off your diamond bands and gives your whole stack this feeling of whimsy and lightness.
LLJ, love your pics too, it looks perfect with your plat bands & ering!! :appl:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, @eh613c I have to admit that when I first saw the perlee at the VCA store, I was thinking "what can you possibly do with something that simple?" But HOLY, that band goes with EVERYTHING!!!

@LLJsmom WOW, the onyx with the WG is a totally different look from the onyx with YG! Kinda reminds of the the classic Chanel bags, switch the color of the metal, and it completely changes the look of the bag!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, @eh613c I have to admit that when I first saw the perlee at the VCA store, I was thinking "what can you possibly do with something that simple?" But HOLY, that band goes with EVERYTHING!!!

@LLJsmom WOW, the onyx with the WG is a totally different look from the onyx with YG! Kinda reminds of the the classic Chanel bags, switch the color of the metal, and it completely changes the look of the bag!
@CareBear I agree. It was totally unexpected. I originally intended to wear it by itself or only with other same sized perlees on my right hand. However, I did not expect that I would like it on my left as part of the stack. What surprised me the most is how good it looks with my mom’s love ring. That to me looks the best out of everything. Makes me want to get her a pair to stack on top and below the love ring. Dang VCA. They even do this simple little perlee ring perfectly. Evil freakin people.
Yeah I do so love the WG and onyx. I don’t feel that way about the YG at all. The WG and onyx looks so cool and fresh, casual and dressy at the same time, KWIM? I can’t wait to order mine, but I have to. :(sad
You know how you see something and it is just YOU. That is how I feel about it. I couldn’t commit before seeing it IRL but now that I have, I’m there.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another pic with this band. Playing around...

9E713C1E-C3D9-4445-A251-98CCE4712CED.jpeg E95714B5-042C-4210-977D-B7AA6940BE55.jpeg

I'm glad my blood pressure and pulse were already checked this morning cause if my doctor took it now I am sure the reading would be way high. Too much gorgeousness all together be still my heart. OMG or should I say OMK and those bands.:love::love::love:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! I LOVE this look. Is this the xxs Cartier trinity?

Hi RosieR! I have the les Must de Cartier but you can have the same look with the XS Trinity ring. It’s very versatile and goes very well with stacking bands, as long as you don’t mind mixing metals.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CareBear I agree. It was totally unexpected. I originally intended to wear it by itself or only with other same sized perlees on my right hand. However, I did not expect that I would like it on my left as part of the stack. What surprised me the most is how good it looks with my mom’s love ring. That to me looks the best out of everything. Makes me want to get her a pair to stack on top and below the love ring. Dang VCA. They even do this simple little perlee ring perfectly. Evil freakin people.
Yeah I do so love the WG and onyx. I don’t feel that way about the YG at all. The WG and onyx looks so cool and fresh, casual and dressy at the same time, KWIM? I can’t wait to order mine, but I have to. :(sad
You know how you see something and it is just YOU. That is how I feel about it. I couldn’t commit before seeing it IRL but now that I have, I’m there.
I was thinking too that stacking the Love ring with 2 perlees would be perfect! It looks better than a diamond band stacked, and I assume less damage to the Love. YES!!! The onyx with WG is totally you! It's casual and elegant at the same time! When will you be ordering yours?

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess this is called unboxing: it did arrive in a huge box. My DD said her necklace came that way too. 20180423_134235.jpg

20180423_134357.jpg
20180423_134456.jpg
20180423_134506.jpg

Attachments

• 20180424_090748.jpg
    20180424_090748.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180423_162334.jpg
The bracelet is very loose, I guess it's supposed to be? Or maybe my wrist is too small. Anyway, it's beautiful! The color of the rose gold is exquisite, dare I say better than Cartier pink gold.
Thanks for looking.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess this is called unboxing: it did arrive in a huge box. My DD said her necklace came that way too. 20180423_134235.jpg

20180423_134357.jpg
20180423_134456.jpg
20180423_134506.jpg

It is so beautiful, but I am biased. ;)2 I love it stacked or alone. It’s got such presence. WIl you shorten it? VCA will do it for free. I’m sure they told you. They take out the same number of links between each motif so that the whole bracelet and motifs are evenly spaced. That means you get to see more motifs in a glance. :).

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom
I don't know, I may decide to shorten it, I'm waffling. I'm getting used to its size. On Thurs I will be right by a VCA, so it would be convenient. I loved reading the little handbook in French lol.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgoeus @doberman looks beautiful on you. Love it with the stack. Wear and enjoy that beauty daily! It doesn’t look too big. Looks like the fit is similar to you right tennis bracelet no?

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hathalove
I think I've just gotten used to the way my love bracelet and my yellow gold bracelet fit. I always considered the ten bracelet to be a little too long too, and the VCA is a wee bit longer.

I'll probably just go the easy route and keep it at its current length.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results