shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would feel bad troubling your SA. Theoretically, my SA should be able to tell if there is one in another store. If it's available at your store can you tell me the store and I will tell my SA to reach out?

No trouble at all, @LLJsmom :)

I'll ask if she has it in SG and also at store near you. Where's the nearest store to you?

I'll also ask if I can give you her contact details, so you two can talk directly with each other.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neiman Marcus San Francisco

Well, I spoke to my SA. She says she could order it for you, but it'd have to be shipped to you in the US. I don't see the point of that, as you'd then have to pay US customs and duties.

Would you like me to put you directly in touch with her? If so, pls feel free to contact me via one of my LT listings.:))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom...

This isn't the first time you've talked about wanting onyx in WG!! I hope you're able to find one - it's such a striking combo in pics, and would suit your colouring so well :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I spoke to my SA. She says she could order it for you, but it'd have to be shipped to you in the US. I don't see the point of that, as you'd then have to pay US customs and duties.

Would you like me to put you directly in touch with her? If so, pls feel free to contact me via one of my LT listings.:))
Thank you @Phoenix. The fact that it is available to order is great to know. I will follow up with my SA and see if he can do the order for me. Ill keep you updated. With me luck!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom...

This isn't the first time you've talked about wanting onyx in WG!! I hope you're able to find one - it's such a striking combo in pics, and would suit your colouring so well :kiss2:
Thanks @yssie. I hope so too!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Phoenix. The fact that it is available to order is great to know. I will follow up with my SA and see if he can do the order for me. Ill keep you updated. With me luck!

Good luck, @LLJsmom !! Hope you get it.:dance:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The NY store also had the long magic onyx in white gold, too. I think it is beautiful and I prefer white metal on me the most, BUT I honestly thought the onyx is so gorgeous in yellow gold that I'd probably get that combo, personally. However, I'd be happy with any of it in any metal, actually!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The NY store also had the long magic onyx in white gold, too. I think it is beautiful and I prefer white metal on me the most, BUT I honestly thought the onyx is so gorgeous in yellow gold that I'd probably get that combo, personally. However, I'd be happy with any of it in any metal, actually!
Yes, I've seen that DS. I've admired that as well. It's just that I won't get nearly as much wear out of that cause it's such a statement piece. I have never felt comfortable with long necklaces. I have always wondered why they only made one piece of onyx and white gold. They still have not officially announced the 50th anniversary pieces yet. I think I can still hope.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was bleak so I visited VCA for a pick me up. There I examined the onyx more closely. I immediately saw the grease marks and finger prints all over the onyx, noticeable even from a distance. That would really bug me. In pics, it's not at all visible but up close you can't miss it. And I would have to constantly be cleaning it and stuff. Ok, maybe I am going to skip the onyx. However, I did fall in love with the white MOP with WG 5 motif bracelet. And the malachite is gorgeous too. I am discovering that I am pretty comfortable wearing these more delicate stones as a bracelet because i wear my bracelet so shortened that it barely moves. I have no issues with it banging on stuff, dragging, getting wet even. When I wash my hands, my bracelet is no where near the water. I can get away with non-gold pieces. And strangely enough, I love stacking these VCA pieces in a big tangle of chains. I think I have my goal piece for 2018. :mrgreen2:
C93A55C9-6579-4BAE-BA7C-BB813932D09A.jpeg
5D4CD35F-01C4-4C91-A43F-9F6F445A688E.jpeg
I think I have a VCA bracelet problem...

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was bleak so I visited VCA for a pick me up. There I examined the onyx more closely. I immediately saw the grease marks and finger prints all over the onyx, noticeable even from a distance. That would really bug me. In pics, it's not at all visible but up close you can't miss it. And I would have to constantly be cleaning it and stuff. Ok, maybe I am going to skip the onyx. However, I did fall in love with the white MOP with WG 5 motif bracelet. And the malachite is gorgeous too. I am discovering that I am pretty comfortable wearing these more delicate stones as a bracelet because i wear my bracelet so shortened that it barely moves. I have no issues with it banging on stuff, dragging, getting wet even. When I wash my hands, my bracelet is no where near the water. I can get away with non-gold pieces. And strangely enough, I love stacking these VCA pieces in a big tangle of chains. I think I have my goal piece for 2018. :mrgreen2:

LLJSmom I LOVE the way these bracelets look on you :love: and I agree the White MOP and the malachite look delicious on you. Though truth be told they all look amazing on you and it is good for you to narrow down what your deal breakers are so you can plan on which of these beauties you will be getting eventually. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJSmom I LOVE the way these bracelets look on you :love: and I agree the White MOP and the malachite look delicious on you. Though truth be told they all look amazing on you and it is good for you to narrow down what your deal breakers are so you can plan on which of these beauties you will be getting eventually. :appl:
Thanks Missy. I at least did one thing to help with the fickleness right?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom,
I absolutely ADORE malachite and have thought about it many times. But my SA says it's very soft and also cannot be exposed to water, so bracelet is out, or so she says.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom,
I absolutely ADORE malachite and have thought about it many times. But my SA says it's very soft and also cannot be exposed to water, so bracelet is out, or so she says.
I know. I saw a piece at the store that was in the display case and it was cracked in half. I do love it. I will see how I feel toward the end of the year and see if I can live with it. I love the bracelets cause you get to see them. And I’m loving the white on white too.
I also tried on these earrings which I found to be adorable. Definitely an option. Bigger than studs but super light and noticeable. Going on the list.
E566CF0E-4411-4178-85A3-04798E865CDC.jpeg

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom , I absolutely LOVE the Frivoles line. Unfortunately, I find VCA earrings very hard on my ears. If you can wear those, woooo hooo!!:love::clap:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom , I absolutely LOVE the Frivoles line. Unfortunately, I find VCA earrings very hard on my ears. If you can wear those, woooo hooo!!:love::clap:
only cause they at post earrings @Phoenix
I considered the clip Alhambra’s but realistically I cannot tolerate the pain. Have you tried the larger ones? Are those clip too? Luckily these are not.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
only cause they at post earrings @Phoenix
I considered the clip Alhambra’s but realistically I cannot tolerate the pain. Have you tried the larger ones? Are those clip too? Luckily these are not.

I only have 2 pairs, the Lotus and the LE Onyx Alhambra. They both hurt my ears. I do suspect that it is bc of the clips, yes. But if I have them removed and wear them only on the posts, they'd droop.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have 2 pairs, the Lotus and the LE Onyx Alhambra. They both hurt my ears. I do suspect that it is bc of the clips, yes. But if I have them removed and wear them only on the posts, they'd droop.
Yeah those are quite a bit heavier than these. You need clips for those not to drag your earlobes down. I wonder if the mid size frivole use clips or posts.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah those are quite a bit heavier than these. You need clips for those not to drag your earlobes down. I wonder if the mid size frivole use clips or posts.
The mid size use ear clips. Tried them on yesterday with diamonds, but didn’t take pictures :wall:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That malachite layered in... :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure what rock I've been living under... I just discovered that the Frivole pave ear clips are now available in YG :love:

@LLJsmom I guess I'll be the sole dissenter :oops2: I don't love the mini Frivoles on the ear :(sad

Actually, I said that wrong - I think they're lovely, in a "cute, endearing" sort of way, but when I pull up a pic of your regular ol' studs and the one you just posted side by side... to my eyes your studs eclipse these in every way.

I think because they're so small.... earlobe is visible all the way around the motif... the comparison to diamond solitaire studs feels more automatic. The small Frivoles (with the Omega clips and single-diamond pistil) are substantially larger and I don't naturally make that comparison at all. But, as you and @Phoenix noted... also substantially heavier!!

Ugh. I'm an enabler failure today.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure what rock I've been living under... I just discovered that the Frivole pave ear clips are now available in YG :love:

@LLJsmom I guess I'll be the sole dissenter :oops2: I don't love the mini Frivoles on the ear :(sad

Actually, I said that wrong - I think they're lovely, in a "cute, endearing" sort of way, but when I pull up a pic of your regular ol' studs and the one you just posted side by side... to my eyes your studs eclipse these in every way.

I think because they're so small.... earlobe is visible all the way around the motif... the comparison to diamond solitaire studs feels more automatic. The small Frivoles (with the Omega clips and single-diamond pistil) are substantially larger and I don't naturally make that comparison at all. But, as you and @Phoenix noted... also substantially heavier!!

Ugh. I'm an enabler failure today.
@yssie so are you going for the YG frivole earclips? Those do look way fabulous. You should go try them on and see if you like them.

I like the WG mini frivole studs but something holds me back. I caved today and bought something I’ve liked for a long time. But I am not sure if I will like wearing it. I found a second rose gold Cartier love cuff pre-loved and took the plunge. Here is a pic from when I tried it on at the store last year.
90BDFC24-D31C-4CD4-BEC5-37812F2DC4BF.jpeg
I feel slightly silly getting two of the same color. My daughter goes, “what’s the point?” But I like the thickness of two and I love that stacked it’s such a clean bold look. The only problem is if I didn’t like the clanking of one how can I tolerate the clanking of two? I guess I will see if I can stand wearing it. My Mom loves the gold five motif VCA. I think she has adopted it. :mrgreen2: I’m thrilled to get pieces that she loves. I feel like I get twice the wear.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom No Frivole pave clips for me. I did get to try them on - they're glorious!! - but I know I wouldn’t wear them enough to justify the cost.

The two RG cuff look fabulous!!! I LIKE that they’re the same colour. The vast majority of Love stacks I’ve seen - in pics and IRL - have been multicolored... “the usual”. if I passed you on the street I would double back to peek at a monochrome duo :cool2:

I know what you mean about the clanging though. I can’t stand it either. Hopefully you find that the shape of your wrist/arm keep them together naturally... I suppose there’s always the hair-elastic-in-between solution for quick breaks :mrgreen2:

I did indulge at Tiffany :)) I’m not generally a huge Tiffany person but I wanted to see the bow cuff and the Paloma Picasso diamond olive leaves cuff in-person. I tried the RG bow cuff on first and loved it!! It’s such a sweet, feminine design... realized the next day that I’d completely forgotten about the olive leaf cuff ::)

The cuff comes in two flavours, one daintier and one heftier, but it looks like only the more delicate one is listed online on the US site!
http://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/bracelets/tiffany-bow-cuff-GRP09535?
Mine’s this one. The bangle is thicker and the bow is larger and more three-dimensional, and I preferred the more substantial look and feel - keeps it a bit further from “cutesy”...
http://m-nl.tiffany.com/jewelry/bracelets/tiffany-bow-cuff-GRP08652?tfr=1

http://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/bracelets/paloma-picasso-olive-leaf-cuff-34941033?trackpdp=pr

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie I adore the Olive Leaf bracelets and have tried on the wide cuffs, but I really wouldn't get the wear from them. I love your bow cuff!:love:

My current favorite cuff is Tiffany Infinity, and I like some of the other pieces in that line, as well. But I think the cuffs are soo pretty in wg and rg! I really don't wear bracelets often, but aside from Alhambra (my very fav), these are the ones that tempt me. (I've probably posted them before, so sorry if this is a repeat.)

http://www.tiffany.com/collections/tiffany-infinity?trackbgfm=nav

TiffanyInfinityBracelets.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom No Frivole pave clips for me. I did get to try them on - they're glorious!! - but I know I wouldn’t wear them enough to justify the cost.

The two RG cuff look fabulous!!! I LIKE that they’re the same colour. The vast majority of Love stacks I’ve seen - in pics and IRL - have been multicolored... “the usual”. if I passed you on the street I would double back to peek at a monochrome duo :cool2:

I know what you mean about the clanging though. I can’t stand it either. Hopefully you find that the shape of your wrist/arm keep them together naturally... I suppose there’s always the hair-elastic-in-between solution for quick breaks :mrgreen2:

I did indulge at Tiffany :)) I’m not generally a huge Tiffany person but I wanted to see the bow cuff and the Paloma Picasso diamond olive leaves cuff in-person. I tried the RG bow cuff on first and loved it!! It’s such a sweet, feminine design... realized the next day that I’d completely forgotten about the olive leaf cuff ::)

The cuff comes in two flavours, one daintier and one heftier, but it looks like only the more delicate one is listed online on the US site!
http://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/bracelets/tiffany-bow-cuff-GRP09535?
Mine’s this one. The bangle is thicker and the bow is larger and more three-dimensional, and I preferred the more substantial look and feel - keeps it a bit further from “cutesy”...
http://m-nl.tiffany.com/jewelry/bracelets/tiffany-bow-cuff-GRP08652?tfr=1

http://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/bracelets/paloma-picasso-olive-leaf-cuff-34941033?trackpdp=pr
@yssie That bracelet is lovely. I can see you wearing that. Can you post a pic of it on? When do you wear it? Does it get caught on long sleeves? Does it go with everything? Are you naturally accustomed to wearing a hard bangle?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie I adore the Olive Leaf bracelets and have tried on the wide cuffs, but I really wouldn't get the wear from them. I love your bow cuff!:love:

My current favorite cuff is Tiffany Infinity, and I like some of the other pieces in that line, as well. But I think the cuffs are soo pretty in wg and rg! I really don't wear bracelets often, but aside from Alhambra (my very fav), these are the ones that tempt me. (I've probably posted them before, so sorry if this is a repeat.)

http://www.tiffany.com/collections/tiffany-infinity?trackbgfm=nav

TiffanyInfinityBracelets.jpg
@diamondseeker2006 That is really pretty as well. I love the little detail at the end of each cuff.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Really elegant and appropriate for TV. Looks great and stands out but still subtle.

She wears the longer one all the time! I think it really suits her personality, too. I think the pic of her wearing the short one is hilarious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results