shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous picture, Phoenix!!! I can't tell what they are...studs with jackets or diamonds set in pave halos?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous picture, Phoenix!!! I can't tell what they are...studs with jackets or diamonds set in pave halos?

@DS, they're my BGD studs (2.3ct each) set in LM 3-prong martinis. My local jeweller made me a pair of jackets to go with them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DS,

Those are super cute!:love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 that is what I am struggling with too. I don't want to spend $5200 and then say "darn! Why can't I see it?" From a distance they aren't that different from my studs. I may have to give them a test run. The bracelet is $3900 I think. My gut is leaning toward the bracelet and I am thinking that in he future I may get the pair that @Phoenix got. But who knows. Once I've got them on I may love it. I still really love my studs. I don't think I will ever get bigger ones. I wa thinking if I wanted more presence I might ask VC if he could halo them. That could be pretty right? I wonder if there are pics of diamond halo earrings on PS...

I adore Phoenix's delicate halo jackets! Victor would do a beautiful job. I would even consider this except I am not sure it would work with my settings. I do think as far as value goes, the vintage bracelets have a lot more presence.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, Pic disappeared! lol Let's try again:
Lien_May 2017.png
I told you all she was a movie star!!

Well, ok, those studs made my heart skip a beat. I kid you not. I'm dying a little right now. That made me go DAMN... definitely a lot more heart stopping than the VCA studs. You know, it's taken time for my eyes to get used to the size of my studs, theee years actually. But I'm at the point where I can stand to go bigger but I cannot upgrade cause my original ering is one of these. Also it would easily cost $20k to go up to a 3 ctw. Maybe a halo is a definite possibility. Do you think VC would make jackets? I am anal and would want the halo to fit super tightly like his emilyas so maybe permanent is a better idea. @Phoenix thank you so much for that absolutely super gorgeous pic!!!!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom,

Awww!! You're too kind!:)):))

I think VC would do an amazing job on the jackets/ halos (whichever you end up choosing). I don't see why he wouldn't agree to your request.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best friend asked me if I could spare a pair of Elsa Peretti gold mesh earrings because she thought I had a lot of the mesh ones and all of hers were stolen. I thought I had more than I found when i looked in my safety deposit box yesterday, too. I have a huge pair of yellow gold scarf ones which I think are Elsa Peretti and I had one pair of plain (nor pearl or diamond adorned) minis. I out aside that pair for my friend because I haven't been wearing them (although I could have consigned them to TheRealReal if she had not wanted them.).

But I got carried away looking at the earrings again and wanted to buy this pair. I don't like the rose gold with the cultured pearls at the bottom only because i need a neater appearance at my age. If I look like hippie, I will look like crazy old lady, I will not look "cute". I wanted to get these in the size small (not mini or large) although they were not pictured on the site in rose gold in that size. My scarf earrings are yellow gold mesh and I have a lot of other gold mesh jewelry, too.

The problem is that I might not wear these if I bought them.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier today I tried to post a picture of the rose gold earrings with the diamond, but was unsuccessful. It turns out that that was a good thing. While my daughter was swimming at the Y, I popped into Tiffany's to look at the rose gold earrings. The store didn't have the small with the diamond, either, but I saw from holding up other rose gold mesh earrings near my face that I never would have worn them. They did nothing for me and would have sat in a drawer. The yellow gold looked blah to me, too. However, the silver just popped. And I was surprised that the earrings with pearls at the bottom didn't make me look straggly and like and like an old hippy! In fact, they lit me up! I really needed a pair of earrings that made me feel the way these did...as if my ears sparkled and took some "heaviness" away from my face. I can't explain it. :))

At any rate, the silver looked great and I bought them on the spot.

Deb :wavey:

elsa-peretti-mesh-fringe-earrings-31895707_931364_ED.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier today I tried to post a picture of the rose gold earrings with the diamond, but was unsuccessful. It turns out that that was a good thing. While my daughter was swimming at the Y, I popped into Tiffany's to look at the rose gold earrings. The store didn't have the small with the diamond, either, but I saw from holding up other rose gold mesh earrings near my face that I never would have worn them. They did nothing for me and would have sat in a drawer. The yellow gold looked blah to me, too. However, the silver just popped. And I was surprised that the earrings with pearls at the bottom didn't make me look straggly and like and like an old hippy! In fact, they lit me up! I really needed a pair of earrings that made me feel the way these did...as if my ears sparkled and took some "heaviness" away from my face. I can't explain it. :))

At any rate, the silver looked great and I bought them on the spot.

elsa-peretti-mesh-fringe-earrings-31895707_931364_ED.jpg

Deb, I'd love to see a picture/selfie of you wearing your earrings!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I'd love to see a picture/selfie of you wearing your earrings!

cheers--Sharon

Thanks, Sharon, but I have no working camera yet.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Deb!! These mesh pieces are so luxe!!

Thank you. I own a lot of mesh jewelry in 18k gold, but I never expected to buy any in silver. Frankly, I was unaware there was any. It was that I happened to be looking at Elsa Peretti (*branded*) and looking at Tiffany that caused me to stumble upon this silver with which I fell in love. (My favorite piece of gold mesh jewelry is actually unbranded. It is a 40 inch 18 karat gold scarf made in Italy that I bought about 20 or more years ago with long fringe on both sides. When one says, "luxe", i think of that piece!)

Again: thank you, LLJsmom. I love your taste, but at the moment I cannot afford some of your pieces which I covet!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to buy the Perlee Clovers bracelet... I'm feeling pretty let down ;(

See... I adore sweaters. I put them on as soon as it's cool enough to justify it and don't take them off until it's hot enough that I not only look ridiculous, I feel ridiculous. I owned the Perlee Signature bracelet for just over two weeks last winter: loved the design, loved the shape, loved how it looked on me, didn't love that the clasp caught on absolutely all the sweaters I wore in those couple of weeks.

I've tried the Perlee Clovers bracelet on a handful (okay, a large handful) of times... I know it has the same clasp mechanism as the Signature. But I've been lusting after this piece for so long I guess I just assumed that "it'd be different"... this time I took three of my favourite sweaters with me to make sure it was different - one with a very tight knit, two with looser weaves, and - yes, unsurprisingly, despite my hopes - dratted clasp caught in all of them at the slightest provocation :blackeye:. I even tried different bracelet sizes to be sure.

@Phoenix, @kimber418, anyone else who owns the Perlee Clovers bracelet... do you have this problem? I'm wondering if it's worth asking about special ordering a different style of clasp closure, if that's even possible... I LOVE this design, so much, but it's too much money to spend on something I won't wear half the year (my sweater-wearing habits are definitely not going to change!).

Ugh. Honestly. Reality.

Last edited:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to buy the Perlee Clovers bracelet... I'm feeling pretty let down ;(

See... I adore sweaters. I put them on as soon as it's cool enough to justify it and don't take them off until it's hot enough that I not only look ridiculous, I feel ridiculous. I owned the Perlee Signature bracelet for just over two weeks last winter: loved the design, loved the shape, loved how it looked on me, didn't love that the clasp caught on absolutely all the sweaters I wore in those couple of weeks.

I've tried the Perlee Clovers bracelet on a handful (okay, a large handful) of times... I know it has the same clasp mechanism as the Signature. But I've been lusting after this piece for so long I guess I just assumed that "it'd be different"... this time I took three of my favourite sweaters with me to make sure it was different - one with a very tight knit, two with looser weaves, and - yes, unsurprisingly, despite my hopes - dratted clasp caught in all of them at the slightest provocation :blackeye:. I even tried different bracelet sizes to be sure.

@Phoenix, @kimber418, anyone else who owns the Perlee Clovers bracelet... do you have this problem? I'm wondering if it's worth asking about special ordering a different style of clasp closure, if that's even possible... I LOVE this design, so much, but it's too much money to spend on something I won't wear half the year (my sweater-wearing habits are definitely not going to change!).

Ugh. Honestly. Reality.

Can you scrunch your sleeves up? I, too, live in sweaters and have been scrunching my sleeves when I am wearing my signature Perlee. I didn’t realize it would snag on every single sweater either - but I love this bracelet too much to return it!

And now I am wondering if my new tennis bracelet will also snag. Ughhh.

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Can you scrunch your sleeves up? I, too, live in sweaters and have been scrunching my sleeves when I am wearing my signature Perlee. I didn’t realize it would snag on every single sweater either - but I love this bracelet too much to return it!

And now I am wondering if my new tennis bracelet will also snag. Ughhh.

I have never had that problem with the clasp snagging my sweaters. I have the Perlee Bangle and the Perlee Clover Bracelet. I wear my Perlee single bangle everyday. The clasp is usually on the inside of my wrist. Hope this helps.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, I have had absolutely no problem whatsoever with my Perlee Clover bracelet. I don't really wear sweaters since I live in the tropics; but I do wear a lot of lace dresses and tops and not once has the bracelet snagged on anything. That's very strange. Can you ask your SA to bring in another Perlee Clover bracelet(s)? Maybe it's just the one you tried on?

ETA: just re-read your post and realised you'd tried on different bracelets. Maybe do a SO then? Not sure if it'd be worth it. I read somewhere that the premium is quite high. Worth enquiring with your SA, I guess.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kama_s , just looking through this thread again. Your 3-motif VCA earrings are GORGEOUS!! I absolutely ADORE grey MOP. Do you wear them much? (@yssie , do you have these too?).

And Please somebody talk me out of buying them!! And also the pave Frivole earrings! I just really LOVE earrings, can't get enough of them. I'm supposed to be saving for my upgrade!:naughty:

Last edited:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kama_s , just looking through this thread again. Your 3-motif VCA earrings are GORGEOUS!! I absolutely ADORE grey MOP. Do you wear them much? (@yssie , do you have these too?).

And Please somebody talk me out of buying them!! And also the pave Frivole earrings! I just really LOVE earrings, can't get enough of them. I'm supposed to be saving for my upgrade!:naughty:

I would love to own the three motif earrings, but I don’t! Too bad I don’t wear long earrings! As far as I know, @yssie is the only one who owns these on PS! I have the frivoles in yg.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never had that problem with the clasp snagging my sweaters. I have the Perlee Bangle and the Perlee Clover Bracelet. I wear my Perlee single bangle everyday. The clasp is usually on the inside of my wrist. Hope this helps.

The little ball/pearl on the hinge catches on some of my sweaters, usually the delicate cashmere ones. If I am wearing a thinner, fragile sweater, I don’t wear my perlee bangle.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to own the three motif earrings, but I don’t! Too bad I don’t wear long earrings! As far as I know, @yssie is the only one who owns these on PS! I have the frivoles in yg.

Ah I see. I got confused!:doh: Thanks for clarifying.

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-23_16-13-10.png
    upload_2017-11-23_16-13-10.png
    838.4 KB · Views: 70
  • upload_2017-11-23_16-13-53.png
    upload_2017-11-23_16-13-53.png
    977.9 KB · Views: 73
  • upload_2017-11-23_16-14-44.png
    upload_2017-11-23_16-14-44.png
    915 KB · Views: 73

Annie Loves Diamond

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi diamond lovers, just wanted to ask which is better to purchase, a branded diamonds from well-known stores or it's better to buy from a local jeweler? Prize wise I know its cheaper from a local jeweler, I wonder about the quality. thanks for all your insights.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results