shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi diamond lovers, just wanted to ask which is better to purchase, a branded diamonds from well-known stores or it's better to buy from a local jeweler? Prize wise I know its cheaper from a local jeweler, I wonder about the quality. thanks for all your insights.

Most of us buy round superideal cut diamonds from Whiteflash or Crafted by Infinity. The quality is a step above stores like Tiffany, Cartier, HW, etc. I buy branded jewelry pieces from those stores that are original designs (such as VCA Alhambra), but their diamonds just are not the quality we can access elsewhere, and then we can have custom settings made for them by Victor Canera or Steven Kirsch. Local jewelers cannot have the selection of specialty diamond vendors like Whiteflash and Crafted by Infinity and usually their prices are higher, as well. So I would not recommend local jewelers or the high end brand stores for diamonds.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, Pic disappeared! lol Let's try again:
I think we’ve only seen miss phoenix’s mouth and chin prior to this photo! You are one gorgeous lady! The studs are gorg too!;))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie,

Just curious what you've decided in the end. I really love the Perlee Clover bracelet. Eventually, I will buy another one but in WG. But of course, YOU have to be comfortable with your purchase.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix :wavey:
Thanks for thinking of me and my dilemma!

Every time I see photos of the bracelet, or try it on, I fall a little more in love with the design. I've wanted it for over a year so it's clearly not just "passing lust" for me ::) I am, however, also aware that I've been able to buy it at any time since I first decided I wanted it, yet I haven't - and I'm usually pretty quick about committing to jewellery... something's always stopped me.

I did go to try it on again after I posted here, and tried turning it so that the clasp is on the interior of my wrist. I still found it to consistently catch my sweater sleeves. Neither you nor Kimber have this issue - it could be the fit of sleeve, maybe the shape or curve of my arm/wrist? @kama_s said she'd resovled the problem by rolling her sleeves up, which is what I'd have to do, only I'm not willing to do that!

I did about an SO with a different clasp. The inquiry is open; I don't expect to hear back quickly. If the answer is "yes, it's doable", whether or not I move forward will probably depend on how much extra it will cost. If it's not doable I don't see myself moving forward and not regretting it, which is sufficient incentive to put the idea to rest. To be perfectly honest I don't even necessarily feel I need a statement bracelet - I want that bracelet because I adore that design! An alternate "replacement" bracelet wouldn't soothe the scrape so I wouldn't even try :)) I do have a few smaller projects in the works that I'm keeping myself entertained with in the meantime ::)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie,

Actually, after I sent the last post, I thought of sending another one to apologise since I felt I was being too intrusive.

It seems you've done your homework, plenty! Honestly, if a SO is significantly more, I wouldn't do it either. I think if the SO turned out to be a lot more and you then moved on, I'd agree that not getting it would be the perfect answer...no regret whatsoever.

Thank you for responding.:))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness, it didn’t occur to me that your interest was intrusive @Phoenix - in fact I was rather pleased you’d remembered my dithering and inquired ::)

I’m interested to hear that you’re planning on a WG bracelet as well - what an enviable duo that will be! Do you see yourself wearing both together? Primarily just the WG? I remember you saying that you sometimes feel the RG didn’t stand out against your skin as much as you’d like...

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness, it didn’t occur to me that your interest was intrusive - in fact I was rather pleased you’d remembered my dithering and inquired ::)

I’m interested to hear that you’re planning on a WG bracelet as well - what an enviable duo that will be! Do you see yourself wearing both together? Primarily just the WG? I remember you saying that you sometimes feel the RG didn’t stand out against your skin as much as you’d like...

You're very gracious, @yssie.:)) I was indeed genuinely interested in whether you'd be getting it.

I do love my RG one and feel that it's very beautiful on my now darker/tanned skin. I just am more of a matchy matchy person and would like a WG bracelet (since I love that design so much) to pair with my Lotus ring. Most of my jewellery is also in WG or Pt , so that'd make sense. I may also stack it with my RG one, depending my mood and the occasion, lol.

I don't see myself getting the WG bracelet any time soon. Perhaps in 2019. I have other bling needs/ wants (same same, hehe) that need to be fulfilled first. Did you happen to see, in RT, the 8.68ct that went for ~$30k to trade? I'd have happily snapped that puppy up in a heartbeat and proudly flaunted it!!:lol:

So, I am saving my $$$ now hoping to strike a deal at some point. Still not sure what to do about Holly though. I seem to have this thirst for a larger piece of bling...hopefully one day...eventually.

I can't wait to see how your other projects pan out, Yssie. You have excellent taste.

Btw, how do you like wearing your VCA 3-motif earrings? I am loving grey MOP these days.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is always a lot of discussion of the VCA bracelets here in this thread. A RockyTalky discussion of setting D colored diamonds in rose gold led me to see that Roberto Coin has been making bangle bracelets in rose gold, too. (I don't know where I've been.) In my opinion, they are similar to the VCA bracelets. For how long have these squared cuff bangles by these big jewelers been around? They were not popular when I was first married in the 1970's because that shape was just being introduced (the square) in delicate, individual gold pieces in Italy then. (Not that I think there was never a square bracelet trend before in history!)

RobertoCoinPrincess Diamond&18KRoseGoldBangleBracelet.png

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Most David Yurman pieces aren’t my style, but I noticed a cute two-toned 4mm cable hook bracelet today and felt like trying it on. It didn’t come home with me, but I thought it was a nice match for my watch. I’d always assumed I’d get a small tennis bracelet to stack with my watch, but this has a pleasant casual, everyday look.

F1C712D3-D88F-48A2-A305-E702CF645502.jpeg

(In the meantime, I’ll be daydreaming of which Vintage Alhambra necklace I’ll eventually buy MOP? Carnelian? :lickout:)

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I picked up a yg Love wedding band this weekend. I would like to stack it. Do you think that stacking it with 14kt gold would cause damage to the Love, in the long run?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up a yg Love wedding band this weekend. I would like to stack it. Do you think that stacking it with 14kt gold would cause damage to the Love, in the long run?

As long as just the edges touch, I see no reason that would be a problem. There might be light scratches on the edges over time, but that's the case wearing any ring with another.

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the reply @diamondseeker2006! That's what I was hoping to hear. I plan on wearing this ring just about every day, so I know it will get scratched, but I didn't want to damage it.

My hope is it to get a second Love ring (next year, maybe) to stack with, and engrave each with one with my children's birth dates. They would essentially be my mother's rings. I was thinking about buying a 14kt gold blue sapphire channel set eternity, since I've used up my jewelry budget for the year already.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is always a lot of discussion of the VCA bracelets here in this thread. A RockyTalky discussion of setting D colored diamonds in rose gold led me to see that Roberto Coin has been making bangle bracelets in rose gold, too. (I don't know where I've been.) In my opinion, they are similar to the VCA bracelets. For how long have these squared cuff bangles by these big jewelers been around? They were not popular when I was first married in the 1970's because that shape was just being introduced (the square) in delicate, individual gold pieces in Italy then. (Not that I think there was never a square bracelet trend before in history!)

RobertoCoinPrincess Diamond&18KRoseGoldBangleBracelet.png

Hi, Deb! I had not seen that particular bracelet, but it does seem a little close to the VCA design. While I'd far rather pay RC prices, I just do not like square bangles at all. I like oval the best as it conforms to my wrist the best. I think the popularity in rose gold has resulted in many designers producing some pieces in rose gold. I am sure that bracelet is beautiful, in spite of my dislike of the shape of the bangle.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9AE30ABC-DAB4-485A-BF95-493B2BCFD91F.jpeg
VCA addicts, check out this pic of my dream piece. It’s the first one I’ve seen with someone wearing it. It is so gorgeous and I soooooo want it!!! White gold and onyx. I wonder if more pieces will be offered for the 50th anniversary. I knew I said I would buy only gold or diamond pieces but this black and white is so me. I’m dying. I’m referring to there bracelet btw...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VCA addicts, check out this pic of my dream piece. It’s the first one I’ve seen with someone wearing it. It is so gorgeous and I soooooo want it!!! White gold and onyx. I wonder if more pieces will be offered for the 50th anniversary. I knew I said I would buy only gold or diamond pieces but this black and white is so me. I’m dying. I’m referring to there bracelet btw...

Oooh looks so pretty on you LLJsmom! :love:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

So pretty! Wait this is the 50th anniversary release?
I still might like the Yellow and onyx better. Hmmm

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh looks so pretty on you LLJsmom! :love:
I wish it was me. No I just found a pic on line of someone who got it. It’s my goal though. I definitely like the white gold with the black because the look is cooler and edgier to me. I love black and white gold jewelry in general.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow love this dream piece for you LLJsmom! I can totally see you rocking this. One day you will get this dream VCA piece.:appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Wait this is the 50th anniversary release?
I still might like the Yellow and onyx better. Hmmm
Hi @hathalove I don’t think it’s for the 50th. But some people are speculating VCA may expand it for the 50th. No one knows. My SA doesn’t know. This was released at just a few stores. I think one in the U.K.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s not part of the 50th... it is a release at Dover Street Market.

Yes I heard it’s was a certain stores. I just looked it up. Dover street is in Japan. Darn. I really want it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow love this dream piece for you LLJsmom! I can totally see you rocking this. One day you will get this dream VCA piece.:appl:

Thank you Missy!! If you say so, let it be so. :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes I heard it’s was a certain stores. I just looked it up. Dover street is in Japan. Darn. I really want it.

Darn it! I assumed that it was in manhattan. Is there any way your SA can get it for you? That combo is the die for. I hope you can find one.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn it! I assumed that it was in manhattan. Is there any way your SA can get it for you? That combo is the die for. I hope you can find one.
You're right. My SA confirmed it was the NY store, and...THEY ARE SOLD OUT. Just my luck. I asked if I could do a special order. I am so bummed. :cry:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVE the bracelet on you, @LLJsmom !

(the ring ain't too bad either, hehe)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right. My SA confirmed it was the NY store, and...THEY ARE SOLD OUT. Just my luck. I asked if I could do a special order. I am so bummed. :cry:

I could ask my SA for you if you'd like. I know for sure they had it here. Not sure if it's still available. If it is, I could ask if the bracelet could be transferred to a store near where you are.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could ask my SA for you if you'd like.
That would be awesome @Phoenix I would like to purchase it through my SA, but if I find out that your SA can access it, there is no reason why he couldn't as well. THANK YOU!!! And that pic wasn't me. It was a pic I found on another forum. :(

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could ask my SA for you if you'd like. I know for sure they had it here. Not sure if it's still available. If it is, I could ask if the bracelet could be transferred to a store near where you are.
I would feel bad troubling your SA. Theoretically, my SA should be able to tell if there is one in another store. If it's available at your store can you tell me the store and I will tell my SA to reach out?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results